Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
with my bad english we misunderstood, here is the right answer:
it just uses live weather for a single player races, more like an example at this stage
like, if you have a 2 hour race with it and during that race rain starts, you’ll see rain in AC
the circuit must have the GPS coordinates in the data for it to work
Please tell us more about this "the car can go lower at speed and if you press a button rapidly it 'jumps'..."
Sounds like it is a must have....

with my bad english we misunderstood, here is the right answer:
it just uses live weather for a single player races, more like an example at this stage
like, if you have a 2 hour race with it and during that race rain starts, you’ll see rain in AC
the circuit must have the GPS coordinates in the data for it to work
Yeah buddy that´s what I´ve understood so far, but unfortunately it does not work yet, meaning we only have a dark blue sky with some dramatic black clouds all the time around, but the weather does not change at all. So I suspected there is something more to install or to prepare to have it work properly. Just try it out by yourself - choose a track where it rains currently for example and start a session with that controller activated.

3D clouds seem to have improved but still don't have the variety of the 2D skyboxes, and still look kind of fake to me. I'm guessing there won't be a 2D cloud option with Pure?
My biggest concern though is Pure's reliance on autoexposure, as it's the first thing I turn off in PP filters. In VR you're constantly moving your view, looking left and right at mirrors, and even over your shoulders at times. With AE active the light levels outside change with head movement as if someone is pissing about with a dimmer switch. Fake AE isn't needed, especially in first person view and especially in VR. Our eyes are superb at doing it properly themselves.
One question: how do you disable AE? Editing the ppfilter? Just change the value from 1 to 0 in "enabled" or do you have to do something additional in Sol config?

The AE problem is fixed with the next CSP and Pure version. In bright light, AE is nearly bypassed. AE is only working for low light, where the different shape of cars (which is the main problem in VR) doesn't matter.

So with the next bundle of CSP and Pure, many of these problems are fixed.
Thanks Peter - will Pure have a 2D cloud option?
Talking of clouds, the 'Windy' 2D clouds used to be a lot more moody and carry more of a visual threat of rain - have they changed at some point? The dark grey rain in them seems to have gone.
Your old 'Autumn' preset used to be even better, really dramatic.
Is it possible to get some dark moody rain clouds added back to the 2D Windy weather?
Or is it the contrast setting or something else that's making them look less dark than before?

This is what 'Windy' used to look like but now the clouds seem a lot lighter and whiter and not a lot different to some of the other cloud presets.

aa.jpg
ab.jpg

(I've asked this a couple of times on your discord in the past but didn't get a response)

One question: how do you disable AE? Editing the ppfilter? Just change the value from 1 to 0 in "enabled" or do you have to do something additional in Sol config?
Yes, by editing the PP filter as you suggest, changing the 1 to 0.

Last edited:
Thanks Peter - will Pure have a 2D cloud option?
Talking of clouds, the 'Windy' 2D clouds used to be a lot more moody and carry more of a visual threat of rain - have they changed at some point? The dark grey rain in them seems to have gone.
Your old 'Autumn' preset used to be even better, really dramatic.
Is it possible to get some dark moody rain clouds added back to the 2D Windy weather?

This is what 'Windy' used to look like but now the clouds seem a lot lighter and whiter and not a lot different to some of the other cloud presets.

View attachment 1099831View attachment 1099832

(I've asked this a couple of times on your discord in the past but didn't get a response)
This is exactly the clouds when you choose the live controller as a weather script.

Here's a super little beastie from André Simão, the Abarth 595 Pista 2017

aaa.jpg
aaaa.jpg

There's a VR fix for the digital instruments:
Swap these fields into data/digital_instruments.ini:

[ITEM_0]
VERSION=2
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.000015,0.025939,0.014
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.025
COLOR=255,225,255
INTENSITY=4
FONT=599_big
ALIGN=CENTER
UNITS=KMH

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=0.035,0.0328,0.015
TYPE=AMBIENT_TEMP
SIZE=0.0085
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=CENTER

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.006,-0.0250,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_TOTAL
INPUT=DRIVEN_TOTAL
NUMBER_FORMAT=06.0
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT

[ITEM_3]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.006,0.0020,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_SESSION
INPUT=DRIVEN_SESSION
NUMBER_FORMAT=03.0
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT

[ITEM_4]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.0055,-0.0111,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_SESSION
INPUT=DRIVEN_SESSION
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT

Here's a super little beastie from André Simão, the Abarth 595 Pista 2017

View attachment 1099839 View attachment 1099840

There's a VR fix for the digital instruments:
Swap these fields into data/digital_instruments.ini:

[ITEM_0]
VERSION=2
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.000015,0.025939,0.014
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.025
COLOR=255,225,255
INTENSITY=4
FONT=599_big
ALIGN=CENTER
UNITS=KMH

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=0.035,0.0328,0.015
TYPE=AMBIENT_TEMP
SIZE=0.0085
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=CENTER

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.006,-0.0250,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_TOTAL
INPUT=DRIVEN_TOTAL
NUMBER_FORMAT=06.0
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT

[ITEM_3]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.006,0.0020,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_SESSION
INPUT=DRIVEN_SESSION
NUMBER_FORMAT=03.0
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT

[ITEM_4]
PARENT=DISPLAY_DATA
POSITION=-0.0055,-0.0111,0.014
TYPE_EXT=DRIVEN_SESSION
INPUT=DRIVEN_SESSION
SIZE=0.009
DECIMALS=2
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2.7
FONT=e92_big
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT
Schweet little car. Lotso fun. I like that you almost always fix these display issues.

Surprised you didn't capture an image of it on that particular track. You know, the one you show to tease us. :boggled: :boggled: :lol:

Last edited:
Extra FX settings are very dependent of your graphic card, as there are a lot of options there, that require specific graphic card generation (like RTX for example). I use it exclusively for "temporal anti aliasing" because it reduces white jaged lines on textures, "sample spread" set at 10% (and have extra sharpness turned of as per advice from Ilya under the setting). Everything else I turned of, cause it looked worse on my graphic card (RX-570) as you said or it had near zero influence on how things looked and it was only eating my FPS. Oh, sorry just checked, i turned motion blur on in there aswell and turned of the one in AC default settings, cause it looks better. Reduced it 30% though.

And just a note. Some mod cars, that are based on old mods or old cars will have a strange windscreen problem if you have temporal anti aliasing enabled. It will look like the screen is dirty, grainy and will lag a bit. This is because Kunos in later updates changed how glass shaders should be named: outher glass shuld be PerPixelReflection, inner should be ksWindscreen. Before it was different for internal glass. You must change this for every car that has this problem by creating an extention file inside the folder: ...\Document\Assettocorsa\cfg\extension\cars. You can find this by searching this thread. it's been explained many times how to do. Even I was writing about it a couple of times. These cars are becoming rare this day, but still there are quite a few out there.

EDIT:

Found one such post of mine. The name of the ini file has to be exactly the same as the car folder name in AC content/cars folder. Here's the file for Porsche 961 LM for example: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13250714
Thanks!! Fixed Shaun Clarke's Ginetta windshields...

Tracks listing update :

What's new this week :

Red Bold : new and updated tracks from 01/12/2021 --> 16/12/2021
Red : new and upated add-ons from 01/12/2021 --> 16/12/2021

Yellow Bold : new and updated tracks from 17/12/2021 --> TBA
Yellow : new and updated add-ons from 17/12/2021 --> TBA

New tabs (WIP) : RallyCross, HillClimb & Rally

I wish you all a very nice week-end (and I hope Sebring will be the next in Yellow ;))

ACTL v2.0 by Breathe

Last edited:
@lorelord, I'd like to ask two things:
1) Where can I download your stuff? I'm really interested in your mods, especially the 2000's GT1 pack.
2) I'm probably miscounting, but if you combine your GT1 pack & Legion's, there's only 23 cars (11 from Legion & 12 yours). Where have I gone wrong counting them up?
hey sorry missed your message.

1. ive only released the 1958 f1 rework so far.
  2. yes the radical inclusion was my mistake. im working on making sure its an even number.

shi
Magnificent Park v1.1 (link updated)
Converted from rFactor and rFactor2.

View attachment 1099564
Fictional track in France.

• 32 pit/start
  • CSP required
  • AI, cam
  • 3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ @HarySeb , the author of the rFactor version and and Thank you for gave me permission
・ @Nibiru , conversion to rFactor2
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@RMi_wood , Cooperation
・ @Viola_seven , AI

This track consists of an rFactor1 version and an rFactor2 version.
The base International/National layout was converted from the rFactor1 version.
Converted and combined parts of the Enduro layout from the rFactor2 version.
The reason I didn't convert everything from the rFactor2 version is because the wall billboards on the walls were omitted.

Enjoy.
-------------------
v1.1 changelog;

-Fixed shaders for windows and fence. Thanks to report by @Masscot .
-Fixed pit surfaces. Thanks to report by @ApexVGear .
-Added ai_hints.ini. Thanks to report by @mrtomcat66 .
-Fixed semaphore.ini.
-I deleted the old Balloon and replaced it with a new one.
-Fixed the mapping of the Michelin Bridge . Also changed the texture to the one created by @Masscot . Thanks.
-Changed the preview of the enduro and international layout.
-Fixed the mapping of some billboards.
-Fixed cone normals.
-I also added groove to the enduro layout section. Thanks for the suggestion by @KevinK2 and @Masscot .
Magnificent Park has been updated to v1.1. Please check the changelog I added to the original post for details.
Many of you have responded and I am delighted.
Screenshot_bmw_m1_procar_80_magnificent-park_16-11-121-23-30-1.jpg

Last edited:

Team ABT Bentley Continental GT3 2018 #36

Team ABT #36 skin for Bentley Continental GT3 2018 ACC convert [bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc] mod.

More coming!
__custom_showroom_1639720486.png

__custom_showroom_1639720920.png

__custom_showroom_1639721170.png

BTW ext config fix for shader [weird black color on the car]
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ClearCoatThickness = 0.01
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    23.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hello. I have problem with couple of Lancers. For example :"Lancer Evolution 6 Euro.Sp | Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Euro.Sp"

I can't hear a sound of the exhaust, except pops and bangs, plus I cannot even move forward or rev the engine.
Has anyone experienced this problem before with this or other cars? Its my first time I have this problem after 1500 cars in garage haha.
Thanks for help.

( csp 0.1.76-preview136)

circuito_de_jerez_2010 working fine on my side (CSP 0.1.76 preview 136)
Updated CSP and still happening. If I managed somehow to corrupt the track files I deserve an applause.

Oh, I noticed someone else having the AI spline problem. Have you managed to make the track work @Alex Lizza ?

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced this problem before with this or other cars? Its my first time I have this problem after 1500 cars in garage haha.
Thanks for help.
That might be due to the age of the mod, some mods out there haven't been updated in a long while and will be missing things including sound. Have you tried other cars to see if they still have sound?

Idk what Christmas will bring, but this is the bridge at Road America... 🙂
Yeah, Road America T6 and a track skin would have been my other guess. :P

It's quite similar to me to Road Atlanta T11 exit down the hill, looking back at the overhead bridge!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back