Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,614 comments
@KJRacing81 ,

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for your Le Mans 1970 track. I don't know what it is, but yours has become my favourite variation of that venerable old track, and I just can't stop putting mile, after mile on it. It's got a unique "feel", if that's possible. I've put more miles on Le Mans tracks than any adult male should admit to, and your variant is the one that just puts a huge smile on my face. Thanks for the hard work!

It might just be me but is anyone else noticing with his latest cars that the steering rod ratio isn’t lining up right? When I put 90* of steering input the car in game is at something like ~150* of steering input and under steering everywhere.

I know you can just change the steering lock to 360 in car.ini (I think) to bandaid it and this is by no means exclusive to his mods but that kind of defeats the purpose of a physics update IMO
Try changing the steer assist value to 1 in the car.ini.

thank you so much the mod is not perfect but it's really good do you know where can i be alert if there is a new version ?
Not sure if i will update it at all. Since its a bad looking 3D model not really interested in it anymore unless a better 3D model pops up. Anyways fellas the Countach is getting a rework as i do not want a GT Sport model to be in such a bad condition....
The rework is mostly aimed at fixing the refractions and fixing rough edges around the model as well as adding AO where there wasn't before. The rework should (but don't hold my word for it) be out this week. It was my first GT Sport conversion so i didn't understand some of the models issues properly...
Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_wing_miseluk_11-3-122-2-44-13.png

Last edited:
Not sure if i will update it at all. Since its a bad looking 3D model not really interested in it anymore unless a better 3D model pops up. Anyways fellas the Countach is getting a rework as i do not want a GT Sport model to be in such a bad condition....
The rework is mostly aimed at fixing the refractions and fixing rough edges around the model as well as adding AO where there wasn't before. The rework should (but don't hold my word for it) be out this week. It was my first GT Sport conversion so i didn't understand some of the models issues properly...
View attachment 1136459
Okay i understand thank you very much, the only think i can do to help you to upgrade the 996 Turbo it's to send you photos, i have one so if you need to see something in particular i can send you photos. Thank you one more time the car is not perfect but i really enjoy it ! this car isn't available in any game :'(

Okay i understand thank you very much, the only think i can do to help you to upgrade the 996 Turbo it's to send you photos, i have one so if you need to see something in particular i can send you photos. Thank you one more time the car is not perfect but i really enjoy it ! this car isn't available in any game :'(
I know too the 996 really gets unrepresented in so many racing games. The only 996 that gets all the attention in games is the GT3. But the others rarely ever get the spotlight the GT2,Turbo and even the bare stock 996 Carrera are very rare.... The only alternatives to these are the 996 RUF's which were featured in some racing games.

do these go in the data folder like the rest of the .ini?
You can either put the ini file as is into config\cars\loaded or rename it to ext_config.ini and put it inside content\cars\[modname]\extension. If there's already an ext_config.ini in that folder you can either merge the files by hand or include the wiper config file using the [INCLUDE] directive. Have a look at the readme file in the mediafire folder for details.

Last edited:
It might just be me but is anyone else noticing with his latest cars that the steering rod ratio isn’t lining up right? When I put 90* of steering input the car in game is at something like ~150* of steering input and under steering everywhere.

I know you can just change the steering lock to 360 in car.ini (I think) to bandaid it and this is by no means exclusive to his mods but that kind of defeats the purpose of a physics update IMO
I love the mods where full lock causes the car to literally pivot on its axis... :banghead:

hint: try to lower the steering ratio in car.ini if you can

VEGAS UPDATES ARE LIVE

The update list is too big to list.

The layout has been significantly adjusted, so any replay cams, AI lines etc that others may have made for the old version are unlikely to work with the new one.

I am aware that towards the chicane at the end of the strip there is significant FPS drops. I will look to re-work this in a future update.

The environment is now 'full' enough that it looks okay to race in the daytime as well, so if the FPS problems are super bad for you, delete the lights in the config.ini and race at daytime.

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_ferrari_lasvegas23_11-3-122-16-29-47.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_ferrari_lasvegas23_11-3-122-16-20-13.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_alpine_lasvegas23_11-3-122-17-0-29.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_ferrari_lasvegas23_11-3-122-17-1-4.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_alphatauri_lasvegas23_11-3-122-17-3-54.jpg

Screenshot_acfl_f1_2022_redbull_lasvegas23_11-3-122-17-3-20.jpg

I don't know which kind of steering setup problem some of you have with the M1, but it's not a car physics thing.

The car is made to steer as the real car: 29° inside tyre and 26° outside tire, which are low values compared with other street cars. Obviously, if your steering wheel doesn't have more than 3 turns lock to lock (>1080°), tyres will steer less degrees. In fact, this car has a relative slow steering and a big turning radius.

Revise your setup, game options, turn on extended physics, etc... Don't touch the steering numbers into car.ini, because you are spoiling things...

And Steer_assist has nothing to do with turning. It's a ffb gamma parameter.

Last edited:
Just a short question fellas :) What values do I have to change in the data folder in order to adjust braking power? I know about the MAX_TORQUE in the brakes.ini file but are the other values that affects the braking power? :)

Yes you can wipe out the data that's being logged in Content Manager within CM's App Data folder. I don't know exactly where and I'm not at my rig but should be easy enough if you can find where it's stored.

I have like all others, questions about Assetto Corsa Modding.

If I want to add a material to a mod that is missing e.g. a normal map, what is the best way to do this or is KSeditor v6 enough?

You can either put the ini file as is into config\cars\loaded or rename it to ext_config.ini and put it inside content\cars\[modname]\extension. If there's already an ext_config.ini in that folder you can either merge the files by hand or include the wiper config file using the [INCLUDE] directive. Have a look at the readme file in the mediafire folder for details.
Hi, i can't seem to find that config\cars\loaded directory...
Can someone give the exact path where that is located pls?

I tried adding "\cars\loaded" myself in:
  • Steam Library\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\extension\config
  • Documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\config
and then dropped the ini file in there, but neither worked. (i tested w the bmw_507_s_series2_roadster.ini )

(so i know I can add them in the cars folder as per the README , but it would be easier to put all the ini's in one folder... and since the option was mentioned i'm keen on doing it the easy way :) )

Thx!

Hi, i can't seem to find that config\cars\loaded directory...
Can someone give the exact path where that is located pls?

I tried adding "\cars\loaded" myself in:
  • Steam Library\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\extension\config
  • Documents\Assetto Corsa\extension\config
and then dropped the ini file in there, but neither worked. (i tested w the bmw_507_s_series2_roadster.ini )

(so i know I can add them in the cars folder as per the README , but it would be easier to put all the ini's in one folder... and since the option was mentioned i'm keen on doing it the easy way :) )

Thx!
You'll find the folder here

\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded

Last edited:
I don't know which kind of steering setup problem some of you have with the M1, but it's not a car physics thing.

The car is made to steer as the real car: 29° inside tyre and 26° outside tire, which are low values compared with other street cars. Obviously, if your steering wheel doesn't have more than 3 turns lock to lock (>1080°), tyres will steer less degrees. In fact, this car has a relative slow steering and a big turning radius.

Revise your setup, game options, turn on extended physics, etc... Don't touch the steering numbers into car.ini, because you are spoiling things...

And Steer_assist has nothing to do with turning. It's a ffb gamma parameter.
Hey Jandrovi, thanks for the response. So if my wheel doesn’t rotate more than 900* I’m out of luck? My settings work for other cars that don’t have a 360* steering lock parameter (which I know is a simple but inaccurate fix) but on some mod cars it just doesn’t line up and really kills immersion in VR. I’ll check if there are any setting I can play with next time I’m on my rig but I can’t imagine having a wheel that doesn’t spin more than 900* renders it useless for your mods.

I found a very weird bug and would like to ask you if you know how to solve this. Basically when I load a saved replay, the car doesn't show the actual tyre compound I used during session but the default one, do you know why?

Hey Jandrovi, thanks for the response. So if my wheel doesn’t rotate more than 900* I’m out of luck? My settings work for other cars that don’t have a 360* steering lock parameter (which I know is a simple but inaccurate fix) but on some mod cars it just doesn’t line up and really kills immersion in VR. I’ll check if there are any setting I can play with next time I’m on my rig but I can’t imagine having a wheel that doesn’t spin more than 900* renders it useless for your mods.
Lack of coordination between your wheel and in-game's wheel have nothing to do with the amount of degrees your wheel turns.

What I said is that the car has implemented into its physics the real car steering rack. Wheels turn 29/26 degrees (inside/outside) when you go full lock, which in the real M1 it is like 3.2 turns (1.6 turns from center to one side).

3.2 turns are 1152 degrees. For example, if your steering wheel has only a maximun of 720 degrees, the M1 wheels are not going to turn the full 29/26 degress. They will turn like 18/16 degrees. BUT this is only in case you have the Scale at 100% in game options, no change in Gamma and the real steering angle of your wheel put into the CM options.

I´m suspicious that you don´t have the scale right in your setup, because your wheel and the car´s wheel should rotate at the same time and the same amount. If you turn your wheel 90º, in game you should see it turn 90º, whatever it is the steering ratio of the car.

As I said, your problem has nothing to do with car physics. If your wheel turns more or less than the car in game, you have a "problem" with your setup config (= it is not properly scaled).

Last edited:
I have like all others, questions about Assetto Corsa Modding.

If I want to add a material to a mod that is missing e.g. a normal map, what is the best way to do this or is KSeditor v6 enough?
you can do it with CSP ext_config
Here is a way to add normal-maps when the original material in the .kn5 is not set ksPerPixelNM / ksPerPixelAT_NM

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = the_material ; or MESHES = the_mesh
SHADER =  ksPerPixelNM ; or ksPerPixelAT_NM
RESOURCE_... = txNormal
RESOURCE_FILE_... = the_new_normal.dds ; put in extension folder or skin

; further, you can remove a normal (as was our case) by:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = the_material ; or MESHES = the_mesh
SHADER =  ksPerPixel ; <--- essentially causes the shader to ignore the texture (edited)

Last edited:
Version 3.2 - Released 2022.04.12
RENAULT CLIO R.S. CUP X98 (2013)
CSP v0.1.74 or above required

This is what should (hopefully) be the final version physics wise.
Obviously we'll implement any new CSP features that will come out in the future.

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• delpinsky, maki123 & masscot for updates to the base mod

FEATURING
• new (self-developed) tyre model for slicks hard
• CSP extended physics with aero maps
• CSP advanced brakes system
• minor edits to physics
• minor visual enhancements

FULL CHANGELOG v3.2

Aerodynamic
• more precise frontal area
• revised body aero map
• adjusted wings position

Powertrain
• corrected idle rpm
• revised idle rpm logic
• revised gearbox inertia
• tweaked throttle LUT
• minor adjustments to drivetrain

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• new rear suspension geometry
• revised suspensions setup
• implemented CSP advanced brake system
• new (self-developed) tyre model
• new tyres performance and wear curves
• added tyre blankets temp

Visual
• minor edits to PBR materials
• fixed rear lights
• now all skins have Michelin tyres textures
• regenerated VAO patch

Other changes
• slightly decreased car mass
• corrected car polar inertia
• updated linear steer rod ratio
• adjusted fuel tank position
• revised AI fuel cons
• decreased reserve fuel to 5
• adjusted collider position
• corrected graphic offsets
• tweaked real mirrors
• updated setup options
• regenerated LODs files
• updated CM previews (new style)
• regenerated some livery icons

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
We even had a car disappearing to hell via the fountain
Already had this hole fixed a couple of months ago. :)

Can anyone name some good point to point tracks where there's AI too? (I got the Targa Florios)

I finally got my reverb G2 sorted turns out I had motion smoothing and motion vectoring on at the same time....:banghead:

Now I can finally enjoy everything cranked up with PP on and rain etc, its like a new game....also means I cant make excuses for any of my mods not having wipers now I guess.
Looks like you didnt get any recommodations to your question so far. So I will try.

There are very different a2b-tracks available:
Also dont forget to check Breathe's track list.

So what exactly are you looking for?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back