Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,212 comments
Hey mate, nice update to your mod but do you may have an idea why the Bruno Senna skins on the HRT F110 get him a helmet of JB?

I also detected a little error in the 2011 mod, it is the tyre color of the Toro Rosso that no matter what compound, always stays red.
I will spank senna for stealing jenson helmet. What a naughty kid

As for the torro rosso yeah it doesn't have the ext_config that the other cars have cuz i forgot to put it inside that car. So just copy it

I feel like I'm just not as detail oriented in the visual realm. I see a difference, barely, but not enough for me to dare switch to the new CSP and possibly break the awesomeness with the settings and stuff I have finally tweaked to 'my personal perfection' over the years.
Oh, Teddie where's your teenage spirit? What about living on the edge trying new things all the time like the kids nowdays? Besides, haven't you heard.... If you don't spend the same amount of time tweaking the CSP and driving, you're using it wrong. :):):)

Last edited:
NEW REAR WING FOR VRC PEUGEOT 9X8.

Paste the code at the end of ext_config.ini :
assettocorsa\content\cars\vrc_pt_2023_pageau_98\extension
assettocorsa\content\cars\vrc_pt_2023_pageau_98_csp\extension

Understand that this is a low quality add-on piece and not official add-on from VRC. Quality is not matched with the car quality
If you want to change the livery of the rear wing just edit the rearwing.png in the files, then export as rearwing.dds in the skin folder of your taste.

Also the 3d model is matched as much as it can be possible to the old 9x8 model from VRC.

View attachment 1340299
for me it does not work. I copied the code as shown and copied the .kn5 into the car folder, I will wait for the TRR version on their discord. Afterwards it's just aesthetics, no improvement of the car....

Last edited:
Oh, Teddie where's your teenage spirit? What about living on the edge trying new things all the time like the kids nowdays? Besides, haven't you heard.... If you don't spend the same amount of time tweaking the CSP and driving, you're using it wrong. :):):)
Haha, indeed Alesi100i. Actually, I'm wondering now if there is a way for me to use the new CSP in order to experience other improvements (not related to the feature that breaks Pure, etc.). Do you know if that LCS (I can't remember the acronym) is togglable? As in a way to deactivate it via an "Active []" checkbox so that it doesn't mess with stuff I'm already happy with. I'm assuming there are a lot of other improvements that I might be missing out on.

Also (random), I remembered you had some good BoP work you've done way back. Had a brainfart. Need to go back into our history and find your old posts.

Last edited:
I'll stick to Pure. LCS have this cartoonish/gamey look to it. In my opinion Pure looks way better.

LCS:
View attachment 1345058
Pure:
View attachment 1345063
LCS:
View attachment 1345059
Pure:
View attachment 1345064
LCS:
View attachment 1345060
Pure:
View attachment 1345066
LCS:
View attachment 1345062
Pure:
View attachment 1345068
Its because LCS also add humidity particles without have to set weather to fog or else based on relative humidity and those particles are lit by environment lighting. Also, 99% of tracks and car are not yet adapted to that new way of producing RGB

Which setting do you have under extrafx-->sslr?
Inactive

Clipboard_04-09-2024_01.jpg

Guys, if anyone is using a giant 55+ inch 1080p monitor/tv, 2 feet from your face for racing...
and you have all the obvious settings for antialising set. And maybe you have no jaggies in distant stuff, BUT have jaggies in the cockpit area. This is what I've been thinking for years that because I'm on a bigas$ 1080p monitor that my antialiasing was as good as it was going to get. The other day I got a hair up my butt and decided to mess around with Nvidia Profile Inspector. These are the settings I ended up with that totally smoothed out the few little jaggies that were left in my cockpit view. Additionally, the Line Gamma settings 'might' be helping with funky looking powerlines. It seems so to me, but, anyway. That was just a bonus. I really just wanted to smooth out the jaggies in the cockpit view -- it was annoying my OCD. :P Hope it helps someone. Just the settings in the Antialiasing section:

2024-04-05 16_29_52-NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.13 - GeForce 551.86 - Profile Settings (Elevate...png

Last edited:
To complete the 1976 season (non-existent versions) in the mod (original), being that of the Spanish GP (an adaptation that did not exist).

The 5 models are:
Brazil Gp-Emerson / USA Long Beach Gp-Ingo
France GP
Spain GP
USA Long Beach GP-Emerson
Season (which comprises the car used in most GPs of the 1976 season).

COPERSUCAR FD04 - 5 VERSIONS ( 1976 )

***Always remember, it's not 100% perfect (but to complete the season's grid I believe it's worth the fun).
The texture improvements, as most of the time, were left to the mate "MrHunt"...

****If there is something wrong with the sharing, it is at the discretion of the moderators.

Attachments

• CopersucarFD04_1976.png
    CopersucarFD04_1976.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Coper.Fitti.FD04.Spain.png
    Coper.Fitti.FD04.Spain.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Coper.Fitti.FD04.Season.png
    Coper.Fitti.FD04.Season.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Coper.Fitti.FD04.LongBeach.png
    Coper.Fitti.FD04.LongBeach.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Coper.Fitti.FD04.France.png
    Coper.Fitti.FD04.France.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Coper.Fitti.FD04.1.png
    Coper.Fitti.FD04.1.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
A little help with this new bug, please.

The main cockpit camera view is suddenly gone.
When I press F1 the cycle is dashboard cam then bonnet cam then chase cam then back. Cockpit cam is gone for good.

The only way to get the cockpit cam back is to use the Camera Editor app and then press F1-1...

Never would I ever thought I'd see this car in this game, let alone any game. This just makes me believe that ANY car could be in this game now. I still can't believe the Venturi 500LM, SR Widebody GTS, Carrera GT-R, Nomad Diablo GT1, and other underrated race cars are in the game. This is what makes me cling on to this game more than any other racing game! THANK YOU @Zin5ki!!!

Now we're just missing some 2000-2012 Rolex Grand Am cars. 😛

Haha, indeed Alesi100i. Actually, I'm wondering now if there is a way for me to use the new CSP in order to experience other improvements (not related to the feature that breaks Pure, etc.). Do you know if that LCS (I can't remember the acronym) is togglable? As in a way to deactivate it via an "Active []" checkbox so that it doesn't mess with stuff I'm already happy with. I'm assuming there are a lot of other improvements that I might be missing out on.

Also (random), I remembered you had some good BoP work you've done way back. Had a brainfart. Need to go back into our history and find your old posts.
sure there is a toggle ... you need to put Weather to Default instead of Pure , and then you have option to toggle LCS on or off :

1712701805054.png

Guys, if anyone is using a giant 55+ inch 1080p monitor/tv, 2 feet from your face for racing...
and you have all the obvious settings for antialising set. And maybe you have no jaggies in distant stuff, BUT have jaggies in the cockpit area. This is what I've been thinking for years that because I'm on a bigas$ 1080p monitor that my antialiasing was as good as it was going to get. The other day I got a hair up my butt and decided to mess around with Nvidia Profile Inspector. These are the settings I ended up with that totally smoothed out the few little jaggies that were left in my cockpit view. Additionally, the Line Gamma settings 'might' be helping with funky looking powerlines. It seems so to me, but, anyway. That was just a bonus. I really just wanted to smooth out the jaggies in the cockpit view -- it was annoying my OCD. :P Hope it helps someone. Just the settings in the Antialiasing section:

View attachment 1345107
For this NVIDIA Profile Inspector tool, I found the official site here , but download button isn't working.
Can you pls share it? (is portable so just 1 exe file I guess, pls can you zip it and drop it in https://easyupload.io/ or something similar?)

Cool...thanks so much for that too mates, THX for all! :cheers:
Thanks!
Love these tracks with high speed corners. Sent it abit too hard in one of the corners clipped straight through the barriers.
Personally I don't have an issue with this but in case you was not aware about it. Sweet!

Thanks for the report. I had not noticed. I will fix it later.

shi
Mottle Ring v1.0

View attachment 1344968
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTL.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by @carTOON (barcika)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

wow Shi , another beauty! Thanks alot!

One thing I notice when taking my favorite MX5 to that track, is a weird green reflection in the taillights (which I don't have on other tracks , just on this new one !?)
Would you know just with this info what might be causing it (and fix it in a next update)?

I'd make a screenshot , if my screen wasn't always black when I'm in-game (so also screenshots are completely black and useless... )
Anyone know what I can try and change in settings to get the mirror on the monitor working again (using Oculus render)?

Which setting do you have under extrafx-->sslr?
Thank you, it's fixed. I'd changed the LODs settings in CM for another track and forgot to move the sliders back to default. Before that I reinstalled the track. Also I marked as active the sslr👍

Last edited:
sure there is a toggle ... you need to put Weather to Default instead of Pure , and then you have option to toggle LCS on or off :

View attachment 1345122

For this NVIDIA Profile Inspector tool, I found the official site here , but download button isn't working.
Can you pls share it? (is portable so just 1 exe file I guess, pls can you zip it and drop it in https://easyupload.io/ or something similar?)
jac0, you said I have to set weather style to default; so you can't use Pure with LCS off? I love Pure, so if that's the case, I might not be able to try this. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the instruction. I was hoping to turn off LCS and continue to use Pure.

For the Profile Inspector, try this page: https://nvidiaprofileinspector.com/download-nvidia-profile-inspector/

Let me know if you still have problems getting it.

Last edited:
Thanks for this info. It takes a little bit of work, but the skins do cross over perfectly.
On further inspection, I just noticed a difference in the model mapping from Whistleblowers 720 to that of the FSR version as shown in the included pic. I don't have time throughout the week to "fix" my skins, but I'll definitely take a stab at it by the weekend if any one is interested.

mclaren 720 mapping issue.png

1712710878277.png

Testing the Daytona AI for the road course, managed to make it go 3 seconds faster than in the original state. Still, thats almost 2 seconds slower than in the 2017 version mod, which has me wondering wether the old mod is downscaled or something similar :confused: I would try hotlapping the same car on both versions to test it out but I have a cold that's bonking my head, have any of you guys benchmarked/hotlapped the new Daytona yet?

On further inspection, I just noticed a difference in the model mapping from Whistleblowers 720 to that of the FSR version as shown in the included pic. I don't have time throughout the week to "fix" my skins, but I'll definitely take a stab at it by the weekend if any one is interested.

View attachment 1345142
If you do, hit me up because i've got another fix you probably will want to add to the skins ext_config file. It's actually a problem with the skins that came with the car as well. First off, there is a typo in the sprint skins that hides the numberplates. It references the endurance model instead of the sprint model. On top of that, there are three entries that need to be added to the HIDE list or the car will show the number plates on the track. Or maybe the version I downloaded is older and these issues have already been fixed.

Last edited:
View attachment 1345141

Testing the Daytona AI for the road course, managed to make it go 3 seconds faster than in the original state. Still, thats almost 2 seconds slower than in the 2017 version mod, which has me wondering wether the old mod is downscaled or something similar :confused: I would try hotlapping the same car on both versions to test it out but I have a cold that's bonking my head, have any of you guys benchmarked/hotlapped the new Daytona yet?
Not on my rig at the moment but I vaguely remember thinking the 2017 felt under scaled from lap times.

Not to jump on the LCS critique bandwagon as it’s definitely a massive improvement over the standard “default” AC, I just don’t think it’s worth all of the effort it clearly requires. It’d be a different story if it saved some FPS but I’m getting the same FPS with LCS and the base weather system as I get with Pure and my filter preferences, which looks far better.

You can still use the latest preview with the AI fixes without using LCS at least, but I hate to think of how much effort went into it when it’ll need a lot of rework and AC Evo is right around the corner. That said I’m probably in the minority in that I’m not into taking pictures, use VR, and frankly if AC Evo was the exact same as AC but able to use more than 1 CPU core I’d happily spend $60 on it.

The tech behind LCS is simply amazing and a glimpse to my crystal ball reveals: After Peter has adapted Pure everybody will celebrate the new lighting system.... 😉🥳🎉 The problem ATM is that you have to decide for one of it. If somebody is pushing the limits, mostly something great arises. But it need some time to be tuned. I'm 100% safe that LCS is the future lighting system in AC and in a few weeks or months we will all laugh about this discussion.

jac0, you said I have to set weather style to default; so you can't use Pure with LCS off? I love Pure, so if that's the case, I might not be able to try this. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the instruction. I was hoping to turn off LCS and continue to use Pure.
You can do that. You don't have to uninstall Pure to use LCS. You just turn it off, like jac0 showed you. When you're done testing LCS, you turn Pure back on and LCS gets deactivated automaticaly (only thing that has to be adjusted is the weather presets in Drive mode. Naturaly if you are not using Pure, you should not be using Pure presets).

Last edited:
Is there a specific recommend PPF for LCS?
Only a few out at the moment. I personaly like this one:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back