Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack 2 Lands on PC Today, Volume 1 Hits PS4 & XB1 November 29

Some of the shifting sounds in this game make me wonder how accurate the interior sounds are. I was just watching a gameplay video of the 911 GT3 RS and every upshift honestly sounds like someone is about to puke. Upshifting in the 919 also reminds of a seagull committing suicide against the windshield of a car I recently drove.

I would just be happy to be able to select my own racing number. Even, old, outdated GT5/6 on PS3 could do this! We won't even mention painting cars will we ;-)
This is because AC and GT use a different approach...
AC uses skins even for basic plain colours (so a red ferrari is basically a ferrari with a monochromatic red skin applied on it) while GT uses a single skin of a neutral colour that you can alterate with data tipo from the various Paint chips... The racing number is applied on a second transparent skin above the basic one...

It would be Nice if AC had the same approach tas GT but we must live with what kunis gave to us (and console players in this case got the shorter straw)...

In PC version Kunos now gave us the chance to have a personal suit and helmet but in a not so user friendly way... Basically you have to copy/paste your suit/helmet in all the dedicated folders for each car...

I Hope they will develop a better user friendly UI to manage this kind of things...

Just to also throw my 2c on the new comments system.

I know everyone liked the simplicity of commenting just below an article (and the hilarity of 4 year olds and fanboys it sometimes brought) but in my opinion this new system is much better for community interaction. For example, we're currently at 32 replies for a DLC pack releasing on a game that isn't Gran Turismo. Compare that to the previous system where Porsche Pack 1 had 12 in total. That's almost a 3-fold increase.

As far as I'm aware @Jordan has made this change to bring the community closer together and also bring more focused discussions in the forums. As long as the writing team can keep up (and we intend to!), there will be correct places to discuss important aspects of the games we cover. In the General Discussion threads things can get pretty cluttered with substantial information and the actual general chat we enjoy having a place to do it in.

I hope those with apprehension start to warm to the new system because personally I like it a lot. 👍

I was eagerly anticipating this Porsche with this Skin, of course. I didn't bother going into Photomode or Photoshop to make it look better. Just a quick screenshot while watching the replay. I'm so awful with Photomode. :grumpy: I need to practice with it a lot more. There are some stunning shots in the Photo threads. Anyway, here it is...I call this piece Bonerific. :D
wKjw3k0.jpg

I was eagerly anticipating this Porsche with this Skin, of course. I didn't bother going into Photomode or Photoshop to make it look better. Just a quick screenshot while watching the replay. I'm so awful with Photomode. :grumpy: I need to practice with it a lot more. There are some stunning shots in the Photo threads. Anyway, here it is...I call this piece Bonerific. :D
wKjw3k0.jpg
Does it handle like the C9? Is it in the same class with other makes or all on its lonesome? Looking forward to driving it at some point.

Does it handle like the C9? Is it in the same class with other makes or all on its lonesome? Looking forward to driving it at some point.
Hmmm.. That's a good question. I'm not familiar enough with either car to give you a reliable answer, but from what I remember of the two, the Porsche 962c is an easier vehicle to push hard. But, I have the 962c fresh in my mind compared to probably 2-3 weeks since I drove the C9. I will drive the C9 again ASAP to see if I still feel the same way. Both cars are Group C, so they should be set to go head to head. The Mazda 787 has already been purchased from a modder by Kunos, so we will also be getting that legendary Group C car

I also think that the Porsche 962c is much easier to control in the slower track sections, twisties with tight radii - things like that. The Sauber C9 puts out a Torque reading of 810 Nm / 597 ft lbs @ 3,500 rpm compared to the 962c tourque reading of 710 Nm / 524 ft lbs @ 5,000 rpm. The Sauber is cranking out 100 Nm more than the Porsche and it's doing it 1500 RPM sooner. That's the reason that I struggle with the Sauber C9. It's vicious!

The overall power is 720 bhp / 537 KW @ 7,000 rpm for the C9 versus 780 bhp / 582 KW @ 8,200 rpm for the 962c. Overall, you can clearly see differences in the powertrain. Aerodynamics/Grip & braking will probably determine the winner...but hopefully they're well balanced against each other.

Now we just need the Toyota 88-CV (Minolta skin) and the Nissan R89C or R92CP (Calsonic skin) and we could have some insane Group C battles. I think the R92CP might have an advantage as it was a newer model than the others I mentioned, but maybe the performance was the same.

*Engine data from www.ultimatecarpage.com

I can concur, 962 felt better overall. C9 is more difficult to control when the boost kicks in and i'm not sure if it had ground effect like the 962? Both are great but if i'd had to chose i would pick the Porsche.

I can concur, 962 felt better overall. C9 is more difficult to control when the boost kicks in and i'm not sure if it had ground effect like the 962? Both are great but if i'd had to chose i would pick the Porsche.
Yeah the C9 drives pretty well until the boost goes mental. Struggle to keep it on the track above 50/60%. If the Porsche doesn't have a similar system it should be easier to push out of corners at least.

Yeah the C9 drives pretty well until the boost goes mental. Struggle to keep it on the track above 50/60%. If the Porsche doesn't have a similar system it should be easier to push out of corners at least.

I only did a few laps with the 962 but I found it fairly compliant and easy to hustle around. Been ages since I drove the C9 but I seem to recall having a harder time with it.

I should be able to get some wheel time in a few hours (fingers crossed). I'm going to compare the C9 & 962C -- but I also want to drive both long & short tail versions of the car. If I'm not mistaken, Aristotelis mentioned something is technically different between the two cars, powertrain wise, but I don't think it's supposed to be anything jarring. Probably not even noticeable, if I'm remembering correctly.

Am I correct in assuming the long-tail 962C was preferred at a track like LeMans? Anywhere else? Do you guys know of any differences between the two?

The short tail is easier (not necessarily faster) on turns, the long tail has a lot more top speed. Yesterday on Imola i kept missing brake points with the long tail, because just before Tamburello i reached about 20kpm more than with the short tail version.

I´m about to do some testing this weekend, i have a feeling the long tail will be faster in most cases.

Just to also throw my 2c on the new comments system.

I know everyone liked the simplicity of commenting just below an article (and the hilarity of 4 year olds and fanboys it sometimes brought) but in my opinion this new system is much better for community interaction. For example, we're currently at 32 replies for a DLC pack releasing on a game that isn't Gran Turismo. Compare that to the previous system where Porsche Pack 1 had 12 in total. That's almost a 3-fold increase.

As far as I'm aware @Jordan has made this change to bring the community closer together and also bring more focused discussions in the forums. As long as the writing team can keep up (and we intend to!), there will be correct places to discuss important aspects of the games we cover. In the General Discussion threads things can get pretty cluttered with substantial information and the actual general chat we enjoy having a place to do it in.

I hope those with apprehension start to warm to the new system because personally I like it a lot. 👍
The existence of the old comment system made absolutely no sense to me, you had people discussing the news in comments and forum.

Looking at the cars included in PPV3 right now, the ongoing partnership with Porsche will hopefully result in a 911 pack sometime in 2017. The different 911 generations almost seem deliberately overlooked by these great volume packs. Of course it's deliberate but you know what I mean.

Looking at the cars included in PPV3 right now, the ongoing partnership with Porsche will hopefully result in a 911 pack sometime in 2017. The different 911 generations almost seem deliberately overlooked by these great volume packs. Of course it's deliberate but you know what I mean.
I don't think there will be a 911 pack and that any future 911s that may appear in Assetto Corsa will be spread out across several DLC offerings.

We know there will be more Porsches in 2017 so we will find out. I really want to see a 911 Turbo S 2017, Carrera GT, and RS Spyder LMP2.

Last edited:
Hi guys, not sure if already asked, but how much will the 1st Porsche pack be on PS4/XBone in all the currencies? Thanks! :)

Hey guys

Excited for DLC. I am also looking forward to the improvements to sound as per release for PC just recently. Is PS4 getting this sound update? Asking as I saw that sound update was to 1.08 whilst patch was called 1.09?

Many thanks

Hey guys

Excited for DLC. I am also looking forward to the improvements to sound as per release for PC just recently. Is PS4 getting this sound update? Asking as I saw that sound update was to 1.08 whilst patch was called 1.09?

Many thanks

PS4 and Xbox should be getting the update too. It was Fmod version 1.08.12. Nothing to do with Asseto patch numbers. Check out Luca Sodano on YouTube. If we get those sounds on console I'll be very happy!

Yes. PS4 users will benefit from the improved FMod audio via tomorrow's update patch. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but don't expect night & day differences. There are some cars that you'll notice right away as having improved. And like every other change to a game like this, I'm positive there will be people who A) say they can't hear any difference at all and B) say they think cars/some cars sound worse than before. It's just the way it is. From a technical viewpoint, the sounds should be improved.

While this is a new car, so there are no differences to compare -- I think the Porsche 935/78 (Moby Dick) sounds freakin' awesome when driving in cockpit view. Same with the 911 Carrera RSR. 👍

Yes. PS4 users will benefit from the improved FMod audio via tomorrow's update patch. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but don't expect night & day differences. There are some cars that you'll notice right away as having improved. And like every other change to a game like this, I'm positive there will be people who A) say they can't hear any difference at all and B) say they think cars/some cars sound worse than before. It's just the way it is. From a technical viewpoint, the sounds should be improved.

While this is a new car, so there are no differences to compare -- I think the Porsche 935/78 (Moby Dick) sounds freakin' awesome when driving in cockpit view. Same with the 911 Carrera RSR. 👍

Keep in mind that there have been some very noticeable audio issues on console since the game launched in August. These will hopefully no longer exist once FMod 1.08 is installed.

I've got the season pass but the Porsche Pack 1 is showing at £5.79 in the PS Store and won't let me download it without an extra charge. Anyone else having this issue?

I've got the season pass but the Porsche Pack 1 is showing at £5.79 in the PS Store and won't let me download it without an extra charge. Anyone else having this issue?
Not certain but I'd wait until the patch goes live before doing anything. It should install for free then.

Even though Porsche Pack has some issues with downloading, I was really happy to test the new Panamera around 1967 Silverstone. Feels good.

Even though Porsche Pack has some issues with downloading, I was really happy to test the new Panamera around 1967 Silverstone. Feels good.

Are you referring the season pass problem, or is there something else wrong with the DLC too?

Back