Assetto Corsa 'Ready to Race' DLC Car Pack - Now Available on Steam

Even low tier racing Games like Loeb Rally have private Lobbies. From Day One.

And Milestone and Kunos should come together. Milestone does a much better job when it comes to licensing and creating Content. And Kunos can provide the Physics and Graphics.

The Tracklist of Ride 2 is a great example.

Well obviously they can't as they have had numerous delays, obviously because they are not assigning enough resources to adding essential features that are industry standards for the last 10 years. Development 101: You assign resources to the highest priority, for Kunos this is making money thus why they have chosen to pump out DLC instead of meet deadlines and release updates on time.
The highest priority of all businesses is to make money because they don't exist without it, so that's a meaningless statement. The rest is illogical since the people working on the DLC are not the people doing the code work.

This is one game I m always looking forward to new cars. Just because the feel for every individual car is well... individual. Discovering a car in AC is a great thing. Finding where are the limits, what sounds it makes and how it dances on the track. just yummy.
a real pity that what one can feel is not translated visually. watching a replay hurts my feelings real bad. I wish AC and PD would join. Where one is lacking the other shines and vice versa...

All these years, Gran Turismo 1 had custom online lobbies and nobody knew about it!!! :eek:

It had pit stops. Something that had to be added years after the game was released. And a functioning career mode.

It was a perfectly good game when it came out. It has got better since then. Just because it didn't do something you didn't want does not mean a thing. Everyone can point to a feature missing from any game and say it's not finished.

Kunos is a team of 30, with two programmers for the console version. To suggest delays to the PC version for the console version is to completely ignore something as fundamental as cash flow in a business environment.

So I guess then No mans sky was a perfectly good game? They already have got their cash, from selling a game missing features so yes I think they can ignore PC for a little bit so that the experience is uniform regardless of platform. If they have to sell DLC just to keep the lights on then I feel that points more to poor management of resources.

The highest priority of all businesses is to make money because they don't exist without it, so that's a meaningless statement. The rest is illogical since the people working on the DLC are not the people doing the code work.

Yes, but usually you make money by selling a good quality product, otherwise you go out of business cause people realise what you made is rubbish. Alternatively you can just create loyal fan boys who will praise a message from you saying "hey know that vital update you needed to add standard functionality to the game? Well too bad, buy more stuff and we might get around to it." Their current business model is to flog DLC for fan boys to buy instead of actually creating a quality product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that is didn't ship with basic features from 20 years ago, and that they still have to implement industry standard game modes, that really isn't entitled, thats called expecting a base level standard to be met.

And yes the PC version should be delayed so that the console game is actually worth playing considering it costs that same price or more yet was below industry standard.

So basically what your saying is that Sony/Microsoft actually have a quality standard that the game didn't meet. You just admitted that game is crap. Kunos should have actually created a game worth the asking price instead of releasing the bare minimum. They are as bad as Milestone and they can at least make games you can run leagues with.

Can I ask you what made you buy Assetto Corsa?

This explains why the custom lobbies have been delayed on console, they would rather squeeze more money out of people than give a working product.
Does it explain it? your post is ignorant from start to finish.
A working product? Wow. A comment like that is almost as entitled and whiny as it is delusional.

Having custom or lobbies or not do not define whether a product is a working one. It's insane that something like that even has to be stated but, here we are.

Gamers have really lost control over the years. One little feature missing and some of you throw a tantrum, and start making massive exaggerations.

That's because Sony and Microsoft have extremely complicated processes for releasing content compared to Steam. Not to mention, Kunos is totally new to it. Assetto Corsa was on PC for 2.5 years before it came to console. Why wouldn't there be some catching up to do?

Frankly, if they did release on the same day that would only mean they delayed the PC's content just to match up with the consoles date. Do you think that would be fair to PC players or do you just not care?

It's funny because on the flip side, you have PC players whining about console updates because they're working on the console versions instead of the PC version.
Also going by the logic DLC should be released at the same time, perhaps Kunos should have delayed the last 2 PS4 updated seeing as they were delayed on Xbox due to MS authorisation. I wonder is PS4 players still hold the same view in that scenario.
Wow, really looking forward to this pack. I would like to do a custom LMP1 championship. But i wonder how long console players will have to wait this time... one, two, three, four or five months...?
I would expect a shorter wait this time as there are a lot less features to add and less coding by Stefano on one feature. I hope so anyway.
That is not what reviews have said, and it has less features than the first Gran Turismo nearly 20 years ago.
You know what has less features than Gran Turismo from 20 years ago? Gran Turismo Sport! You Kunos what has less features than Assetto Corsa? Gran Turismo Sport! I'm pretty sure AC doesn't have less features than GT1 nor is it relevant as most people by AC for it's physics.

Considering that is didn't ship with basic features from 20 years ago, and that they still have to implement industry standard game modes, that really isn't entitled, thats called expecting a base level standard to be met.

And yes the PC version should be delayed so that the console game is actually worth playing considering it costs that same price or more yet was below industry standard.

So basically what your saying is that Sony/Microsoft actually have a quality standard that the game didn't meet. You just admitted that game is crap. Kunos should have actually created a game worth the asking price instead of releasing the bare minimum. They are as bad as Milestone and they can at least make games you can run leagues with.
Online was a basic feature 20 years ago? Online or custom lobbies is not a basic requirement, it's a choice a developer decides to add or not add and the consumer can decide if that fits their requirements and buy on that basis.Some games have no real offline play or career mode ( again Gran Turismo Sport, Battlefront ) , one could say those are basic requirements of games from 20 years ago. Your last paragraph again shows your ignorance.
Even low tier racing Games like Loeb Rally have private Lobbies. From Day One.

And Milestone and Kunos should come together. Milestone does a much better job when it comes to licensing and creating Content. And Kunos can provide the Physics and Graphics.

The Tracklist of Ride 2 is a great example.
milestone laserscan their tracks do they? You think the guys (PC guys ) who have kept this game going will be happy with Milestones tracks?
It had pit stops. Something that had to be added years after the game was released. And a functioning career mode.
AC has pit stops, a functioning career mode ( all be it as boring as Gran Turismos always has been ). Online and soon private lobbies and custom championships, something Gran Turismo Sport didn't have 20 years ago. It also has an online that is stable and allows you to see all cars on track. Something a AAA game called GT5\ 6 didn't even have in the last 5 years. AC also has fully modelled cockpits, something Gran Turismo Sport seamingly wont have in the futer.

So I guess then No mans sky was a perfectly good game? They already have got their cash, from selling a game missing features so yes I think they can ignore PC for a little bit so that the experience is uniform regardless of platform. If they have to sell DLC just to keep the lights on then I feel that points more to poor management of resources.
Apples and oranges mate. No Mans Sky in no way resembled what the devs showed in various shows before release.

Wow.

Excellent answer to having their console submission delayed. Nice bounce back in my opinion.
I might be rare in that I have both PC and PS4 versions. But overall all Kunos just delivers.

They have their setbacks and I'm sure they make mistakes and suffer bad judgement.
But they take care of their customers.

I think PC users have the edge currently. But this is simply due to the major part of Assetto Corsa development took place in the PC environment.

Once Kunos realized they could clock dollars via console users they were quick to fill the void. They don't have it down pat yet on the console side. But you know they will have it going on in short order. The little engine that could.........👍

Well, for me is plain simple. The best (by far) racing simulator available for consoles is about to get even better with the arrival of another great car bundle.
Besides the highly expected update, my only wish goes for some more tracks besides the ones included on the pc version.

On a side note, and because I keep watching people comparing A.C. with Granturismo and Project Cars and stuff like that using nonsense to ground their opinions, i would like to share this video from Viper Concept where he explains tremendouly well the main differences between racing titles and the main reasons for those differences.
If you're the kind of person that posted more than 10 times how much better this game is compared to that one, watch this:

Can I ask you what made you buy Assetto Corsa?

I didn't, because all the reviews were rubbish.

Does it explain it? your post is ignorant from start to finish.

Online was a basic feature 20 years ago? Online or custom lobbies is not a basic requirement, it's a choice a developer decides to add or not add and the consumer can decide if that fits their requirements and buy on that basis.Some games have no real offline play or career mode ( again Gran Turismo Sport, Battlefront ) , one could say those are basic requirements of games from 20 years ago. Your last paragraph again shows your ignorance.

milestone laserscan their tracks do they? You think the guys (PC guys ) who have kept this game going will be happy with Milestones tracks?

AC has pit stops, a functioning career mode ( all be it as boring as Gran Turismos always has been ). Online and soon private lobbies and custom championships, something Gran Turismo Sport didn't have 20 years ago. It also has an online that is stable and allows you to see all cars on track. Something a AAA game called GT5\ 6 didn't even have in the last 5 years. AC also has fully modelled cockpits, something Gran Turismo Sport seamingly wont have in the futer.

Yes it does explain it, they would rather allocate resources to making more money than fix the game.

Please name one multiplayer game, other than AC, without private lobbies? Of course you can't. And yeah sure a developer doesnt have to put them in, but when every other game has them in the genre not having it shows you don't know your audience. And yes some games don't have single play because they are specifically designed for online MULTIPLAYER! Instead they have a fully functioning online mode that shows off ALL the content and has Private lobbies. AC fails on all fronts in here.

Not all tracks are laser scanned. Plus the Laser scan for the nordschliefe was done years ago, game companies just buy the data.

No it didn't ship with pit stops, they were added in in an update. GT Sport has all modelled cockpits, that was specifically stated a year ago.

Apples and oranges mate. No Mans Sky in no way resembled what the devs showed in various shows before release.

Both took forever to get updates to restore basic functionality. At least Hello Games didn't go around abusing people when they complained, and they have used the money the received to add free updates. But both companies produced below standard games when promising something better, with more features and after numerous delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does explain it, they would rather allocate resources to making more money than fix the game.

Please name one multiplayer game, other than AC, without private lobbies? Of course you can't. And yeah sure a developer doesnt have to put them in, but when every other game has them in the genre not having it shows you don't know your audience. And yes some games don't have single play because they are specifically designed for online MULTIPLAYER! Instead they have a fully functioning online mode that shows off ALL the content and has Private lobbies. AC fails on all fronts in here.

Not all tracks are laser scanned. Plus the Laser scan for the nordschliefe was done years ago, game companies just buy the data.

No it didn't ship with pit stops, they were added in in an update. GT Sport has all modelled cockpits, that was specifically stated a year ago.

I don't know this for sure but it's a feeling that Kunos made the Asetto Corsa's console version as a test, an experiment, therefore there was not a big budget or a massive human resources thrown into this project for absolutely financial safety.
They put a price on it? Of course! Kunos is a company.
That might be the reason for the shortness of content and all the other thousand complaints people throw in, because they had the dream, the vision and the guts to teleport their brilliant driving experience to the PS4 and Xbox1 and I'm very thankful for that.
Just like Viper Concept states on the video I posted above, there's 3 types of racing games. All of them have it's pros and cons and their very own type of costumers. All you have to do it's to find out where you fit.
Me? I love realistic physics. I love to race my buddies with a full sense of reality so I don't give two craps about photomode, choosing helmets and suits, paint cars, hundreds of slippery boring sounded vehicles or fake tracks that run in both directions.
I can only agree with the private lobbies issue because it's really needed to avoid the good old moron that goes on track to ruin my fun and to make it easier to organize league based events but, guess what? It is coming... really soon. And it's worth waiting.

:cheers:

I didn't, because all the reviews were rubbish.

You were just told earlier today to not triple post. Please use the Edit or multi-quote features to respond to numerous posts. Do not continue to ignore the staff.

Both took forever to get updates to restore basic functionality. At least Hello Games didn't go around abusing people when they complained, and they have used the money the received to add free updates. But both companies produced below standard games when promising something better, with more features and after numerous delays.
Assetto Corsa has had free updates as well. The game was somewhat bare bones when it came out yes - but it has steadily improved since then. The next update adds offline Championships, individual AI car choices and track surface conditions. That gives me pretty much everything I want from the game. There will be custom online for people who like online racing as well. What does it cost? Nothing. Game updates and DLC are not the same thing.

You were just told earlier today to not triple post. Please use the Edit or multi-quote features to respond to numerous posts. Do not continue to ignore the staff.

I am not "ignoring the staff." I only saw the triple post comment after writing all the others. Thus I was unable to conform to your wishes.

Assetto Corsa has had free updates as well. The game was somewhat bare bones when it came out yes - but it has steadily improved since then. The next update adds offline Championships, individual AI car choices and track surface conditions. That gives me pretty much everything I want from the game. There will be custom online for people who like online racing as well. What does it cost? Nothing. Game updates and DLC are not the same thing.

NMS included DLC in the updates for free, and has had no paid DLC. The point was that AC has continued to ask for more money and allocated resources away from bringing the game up to an actual compelling game.

I don't know this for sure but it's a feeling that Kunos made the Asetto Corsa's console version as a test, an experiment, therefore there was not a big budget or a massive human resources thrown into this project for absolutely financial safety.
They put a price on it? Of course! Kunos is a company.
That might be the reason for the shortness of content and all the other thousand complaints people throw in, because they had the dream, the vision and the guts to teleport their brilliant driving experience to the PS4 and Xbox1 and I'm very thankful for that.
Just like Viper Concept states on the video I posted above, there's 3 types of racing games. All of them have it's pros and cons and their very own type of costumers. All you have to do it's to find out where you fit.
Me? I love realistic physics. I love to race my buddies with a full sense of reality so I don't give two craps about photomode, choosing helmets and suits, paint cars, hundreds of slippery boring sounded vehicles or fake tracks that run in both directions.
I can only agree with the private lobbies issue because it's really needed to avoid the good old moron that goes on track to ruin my fun and to make it easier to organize league based events but, guess what? It is coming... really soon. And it's worth waiting.

:cheers:

Fair point, I can understand that it was testing the waters. What I can't agree with is that they charged full price. If the game had retailed for say half of the regular full price then it wouldn't be as big of an issue as they are selling you a product that has less content but the price reflects that. Also there is the possibility that the poor console version could have turned players off a future sequel (though I doubt it) which could hinder their financial stability.

Then why are you here wasting your time on a game you don't own?

A few reasons. 1) I felt like having pointless trivial arguments with no endgame or possibility of success for either side. 2) I eventually do want to buy the game once I have a PC and it is priced reasonably for the content/time it will take to update. 3) I was really bored. But mostly the first 2 reasons.

On a more serious note, reading the comments and seeing people gushing over how great Kunos are for merely adding a basic feature to the game that should have been in from launch, (and after reading people praising them for just giving a "Whoops, private lobbies were delayed. They come soon but we won't say when" update) I felt a little bit of cynicism needed to be thrown in to to stop the lovey dovey mindset of all the fans. Wow that was a long sentence.

Last edited:
NMS included DLC in the updates for free, and has had no paid DLC. The point was that AC has continued to ask for more money and allocated resources away from bringing the game up to an actual compelling game.
As has Assetto Corsa. With each release of DLC there is one free car for everyone. None laser scanned tracks are also given for free in updates. The ONLY thing that costs money are the DLC packs.

As someone who hasn't bought Assetto Corso this explains why you clearly don't know what you are posting about. Modelers make cars and tracks. They don't fix bugs or code updates.

What is it you want from a race game?

Some Audi R8 LMS GT3 previews:tup:

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

Yes, but usually you make money by selling a good quality product, otherwise you go out of business cause people realise what you made is rubbish. Alternatively you can just create loyal fan boys who will praise a message from you saying "hey know that vital update you needed to add standard functionality to the game? Well too bad, buy more stuff and we might get around to it." Their current business model is to flog DLC for fan boys to buy instead of actually creating a quality product.
Again, you still don't understand how game development works. Their current business model is to produce DLC for sale, yes, because that's what they're supposed to do and because they are separate staff from those writing the code. They make DLC to make money to survive and prosper, that's part of their business model. At the same time, DIFFERENT PEOPLE are working on the coding for the private lobbies and other parts of the update for console and they're having trouble getting it through the console submission process. It's pretty simple really, even non-fanboys can understand it I'm sure.

Fair point, I can understand that it was testing the waters. What I can't agree with is that they charged full price. If the game had retailed for say half of the regular full price then it wouldn't be as big of an issue as they are selling you a product that has less content but the price reflects that. Also there is the possibility that the poor console version could have turned players off a future sequel (though I doubt it) which could hinder their financial stability.

I understand your point but it all depends in what type of attitude you want to put into the issue.
I am a huge fan of ultra realistic physics, thats what pleases me the most, what provides me the best experience and alouds me to drive my best and the minimalistic Asseto provided me that on day one. Few cars, few tracks, no private lobbies, no custom settings and all of that craps but a freaking out of this world realistic physics. I never felt so happy before with a racing game.
Now, as Kunos promised, the game keeps growing, cars and tracks keep coming and the mega update is around the corner without asking for one extra cent, excluding the DLC obviously, so basically, what I paid months ago is about to fulfill the expectations and even go beyond.
So, the kind of attitude I dropped into this issue was like, I pre-ordered an absolutely fantastic sim 8 months earlier it's full release but still been able to enjoy a pretty complete demo.
How can I be so positive about this? The physics deserve it.

@Schmiggz thank you for sharing this, I feel exactly the same way.
In fact I truly believe that being that good is at the same time a blessing and a curse for AC.
Most of the people complaining here, only do so because AC is so good. After all there is a lot of game or SIM around with all the features they are asking for AC. To put it politely, as it sounds more like demands than anything else.
But the "other" are missing what AC does so well, they are not as good at simulating driving. Once you get use to drive in AC, driving the others is always a second grade experience.
So yes, we all want to have everything in AC, but as usually happens in life, there is always a choice to be made and a compromise to be accepted.
I have chosen AC as my compromise and I never go in the others game or sim forums complaining that they do not drive as well as AC.:sly:

Back