Assetto Corsa 'Ready to Race' DLC Car Pack - Now Available on Steam

More like not trying very hard tbh.

GT has all the standard features of a racing game today: pit stops, tyre management (But I think there is a bug), custom online, weather and night racing. So no I'm arguing for quality as AC advertises itself as a racing sim yet the base product (on console) is just a time attack and test drive sim.

Alternatively they could have release a complete game.

I don't know about that, after having some points refuted you continue to say the same thing, which is not going to make it true.
Just because something is not to your expectations does not mean the product is not complete. Once again it seems features matter more than the sim driving experience to you, otherwise you wouldn't be referencing GT as a viable comparison. Did you forget you can't qualify in the latests GTs, or that almost all races are 6 - 12 ambling cars with a hugely spread rolling start, no crew chief, spotter etc, or how we are still waiting for all those VGTs that are listed? How about that track editor, shouldn't that have been there from the get go, no? Not a complete game or very realistic by these standards.

C_9DMq5UAAAoedD.jpg

C_9DMoQVwAEeXlk.jpg

C_9DMpaVYAMlqQS.jpg

C_9DMqoUIAUx4cd.jpg

I'm amazed how the argument continued after this comment.

Well, that tells you something about the mentality of the modern entitled gamer.

They are the Antifa of gaming. They don't want to listen to logic, reason, or have a discussion of any kind. They just want to scream at you, the developers, and terrorize/annoy the community.

Whatever label they give to something in their mind is correct and therefore there is nothing to debate.

Would be nice to get the road car of this. Maybe a little too close to the Enzo for comfort to the Kunos guys :lol:

I recall reading somewhere that they said the game would never feature the Enzo because they didn't like the car. Did they ever comment on the F50?

I actually thought the MC12 was going to be the road car, but I can live with the GT1.

They were silly for saying the Enzo would never come because they don't like it. Who cares if the majority of players do?
Marco the licence guy himself doesn't like the Enzo and said he needs to be passionate about the car if he's going to negotiate a deal. So there is no reason we can't have the MC12 road version so long as he doesn't dislike it.
I'm not sure if you missed it in my original post, the actual driving is really good (better than PCars1) on a controller, it's just everything else which lets the game down.

Thanks for the advice, I've seen that suggestion before though, if I do that it means the controller is wrong for every other game.
Changing your buttons back to default takes about two seconds via quick menu. I use it for MW2 as you can't change run button in game.

Codemasters in that last 2 years. As I believe when they were on the brink of closing was when they then decided to stop with DLC and just make the game good which was essentially F1 2015 (though not really good), F1 2016 and Dirt Rally.

More like not trying very hard tbh.

GT has all the standard features of a racing game today: pit stops, tyre management (But I think there is a bug), custom online, weather and night racing. So no I'm arguing for quality as AC advertises itself as a racing sim yet the base product (on console) is just a time attack and test drive sim. Without the updates it misses key features that allow for one to simulate an actual race.

Codemasters. Outside of sim racing you have Insomniac games, the last 30 years of gaming.

Alternatively they could have release a complete game, like the majority of other developers.

This here is the problem. Why is it considered okay to buy a faulty product just cause the team was small? This apologetic logic is only found in gaming for some reason, in every other market the size of your development team is negligible, the only thing people care about is if the product is good. By your own admission you bought a $100 paper weight (I assume from your comment you bought it new and at launch), would you have the same attitude if your wheel didn't work for the first few months until a patch came out? No everyone would return the wheel not defend the team behind it.

First, Racing isn't a finished product, it is still receiving constant revisions to the tire model. Second Iracing at least allows you to have proper races. Third, why was it full price if it is short on content?
Those goal posts must be getting really heavy on your shoulders by now, surely? What with constantly moving them. You whined AC wasn't a finished product, now you are using Iracing not being finished and still receiving revisions as some kind of rebuttal ( AC is also constantly receiving revisions). You ignore the price of Iracing too whilst mentioning ACs price, which btw was cheaper than full price games and cheaper than GTS which will have less features for a broader audience taste ( No career mode) .The worst part of your whole argument ( Though you not even having the game comes close), no matter how flawed and clearly not holding the same arguments for other games which are also AAA ( GT5\6 were abominations on launch ), but your worst argument is that they are not trying very hard.

Also as for Codemasters not releasing DLC, in the case of Dirt Rally that's not a very good thing at all. Using Rally cross as a feature then giving us scraps, Dirt Rally could have been amazing online but it gets boring very quick due to the limited locations. Oh and also have Pikes Peak as a attention grabber but only letting you use 3 cars on it, I gues they dont try hard either?

Also I'm sure I'm not the only who would like proof AC is faulty.

Last edited:
About the Audi TT RS VLN... Is 'VLN' another way of saying GT4 similar to how 'LMS' refers to Audi's GT3 machine?

As some of you may be aware, VLN is a racing series at the Nordschleife. That's surely not the only series the car is eligible for?

It actually is I think. As it is not really built for anything else. Much like the Scirocco GT24 or the Golf 24. They may be able to race some other classes(like how one ran in the Thunderhill 25 hours in US), but it was not really made for those classes outside of VLN.

About the Audi TT RS VLN... Is 'VLN' another way of saying GT4 similar to how 'LMS' refers to Audi's GT3 machine?

As some of you may be aware, VLN is a racing series at the Nordschleife. That's surely not the only series the car is eligible for?

I'm no expert on class rules and such, but I believe the TT RS VLN was built specifically for the VLN series at the 'Ring. Maybe it could be adapted to conform to other rules, but that wasn't the car's purpose.

See here - http://jalopnik.com/5958856/this-is-audis-insane-front-wheel-drive-tt-rs-racecar

edit: also see -

The pictures I posted above of the blue Maserati MC12 GT1 have got me thinking. All bar 1 of the Vitaphone and Sara livery pictures were deleted from FB yesterday and replaced with the blue.

I wonder if Kunos ran into late issues regarding official liveries? Hopefully not but I guess we'll find out soon enough...

The pictures I posted above of the blue Maserati MC12 GT1 have got me thinking. All bar 1 of the Vitaphone and Sara livery pictures were deleted from FB yesterday and replaced with the blue.

I wonder if Kunos ran into late issues regarding official liveries? Hopefully not but I guess we'll find out soon enough...
Livery editor on console.. SOON.

Lol I find that with my lack of creativity my current system of waiting for someone to make a livery I like works well enough.

Honestly, I don't even bother with them because you can't really use them online in pick up mode and since that's where I do the majority of my racing they're kinda pointless. :(

Back