Assetto Corsa 'Ready to Race' DLC Car Pack - Now Available on Steam

I still find it amazing that people want to drive the most realistic simulators, then complain exponentially about gaming features rather than actually trying the sim for it's actual simulation experience.

Then they big up a sim which calls itself the "Real driving simulator" where 15 year old problems are still ignored, has one of the most basic tire model and where having max front ride height/downforce, minimum at the rear and zero camber are the fastest settings for all cars. Baffling.
Also, when your game of choice comes out with fewer features than your previous few older versions, make sure to forget about those little tidbits, it's inconvienient towards your argument of course.

Why not just get both and appreciate what each one does right instead of coming up with ludicrous points?

Last edited:
Then they big up a sim which calls itself the "Real driving simulator" where 15 year old problems are still ignored, has one of the most basic tire model and where having max front ride height/downforce, minimum at the rear and zero camber are the fastest settings for all cars. Baffling.

You're not calling Granturismo a sim, are you? :scared:

I understand your point but it all depends in what type of attitude you want to put into the issue.
I am a huge fan of ultra realistic physics, thats what pleases me the most, what provides me the best experience and alouds me to drive my best and the minimalistic Asseto provided me that on day one. Few cars, few tracks, no private lobbies, no custom settings and all of that craps but a freaking out of this world realistic physics. I never felt so happy before with a racing game.
Now, as Kunos promised, the game keeps growing, cars and tracks keep coming and the mega update is around the corner without asking for one extra cent, excluding the DLC obviously, so basically, what I paid months ago is about to fulfill the expectations and even go beyond.
So, the kind of attitude I dropped into this issue was like, I pre-ordered an absolutely fantastic sim 8 months earlier it's full release but still been able to enjoy a pretty complete demo.
How can I be so positive about this? The physics deserve it.

But why is it being fulfilled 8 months after purchase? And why is that considered okay by the community? Can you imagine if COD shipped with only a campaign and 6 months after they released, no one would buy it. Yet it is considered fine in the Sim-racing community and people actively praise Kunos for shipping what is essentially a early access game on console. I just want games to actually ship complete instead of requiring massive downloads just to be able to play it properly.

As has Assetto Corsa. With each release of DLC there is one free car for everyone. None laser scanned tracks are also given for free in updates. The ONLY thing that costs money are the DLC packs.

As someone who hasn't bought Assetto Corso this explains why you clearly don't know what you are posting about. Modelers make cars and tracks. They don't fix bugs or code updates.

What is it you want from a race game?

Well I can read update details so I don't really know how not owning the game affects me commenting on updates...

True, I guess modellers do have to have something to do. But its not like shipping DLC while the game is still missing critical components is giving them that good of a reputation with anyone other than die hard fans of the game.

Essentially Project Cars (minus the Bugs)/Iracing.

Again, you still don't understand how game development works. Their current business model is to produce DLC for sale, yes, because that's what they're supposed to do and because they are separate staff from those writing the code. They make DLC to make money to survive and prosper, that's part of their business model. At the same time, DIFFERENT PEOPLE are working on the coding for the private lobbies and other parts of the update for console and they're having trouble getting it through the console submission process. It's pretty simple really, even non-fanboys can understand it I'm sure.

And it is exactly that business model I have a problem with. Codemasters have a bigger team, yet no DLC and they don't seem to be going out of business because they have made a games that are complete from the beginning. So no they need to sell a game to get money, there are plenty of developers who stay afloat fine without needing to sell DLC.

Also they are perpetually having problems with the 'console submission process' and that has been their excuse for everything for the first release delay. If the can't deal with the console submission process, maybe they shouldn't have tried to bring it to console (or at least waited to finish the PC version then focus on console).

*Tried to fix this quote box several times now but my phone is not having it.

Can you imagine if COD shipped with only a campaign and 6 months after they released, no one would buy it. Yet it is considered fine in the Sim-racing community and people actively praise Kunos for shipping what is essentially a early access game on console. I just want games to actually ship complete instead of requiring massive downloads just to be able to play it properly.

If you looked at the original release, content and schedule, you'd have seen that they already completed their original project a long tome ago, anything since then has all been additional. It was only supposed to be bare bones - a handful of cars, tracks and things to do. It seems like quantity is more important than quality in your case, but then you probably wouldn't know without a copy of the game.

But its not like shipping DLC while the game is still missing critical components is giving them that good of a reputation with anyone other than die hard fans of the game.

Essentially Project Cars (minus the Bugs)/Iracing.

You've been highlighting GT but that also fits within this criticism, if not more so with it being the oldest and massively financially backed and staffed product of them all.

And it is exactly that business model I have a problem with. Codemasters have a bigger team, yet no DLC and they don't seem to be going out of business because they have made a games that are complete from the beginning. So no they need to sell a game to get money, there are plenty of developers who stay afloat fine without needing to sell DLC.

Firstly, I'm pretty certain Codemasters were almost on the bring of closure not all that long ago, secondly, does the DLC I have for their F1 games not exist now or did you forget about those too?

I think you're either trying too hard or simply not researched enough.

Edit: I agree with the points you're trying to make, but it's my opinion that you're invalidating them with your comparisons. You've been going along the lines of "so and so game/company wouldn't do that" when they already have.

Last edited:
Can you share with us these "plenty of developers" in sim racing who don't produce paid DLC? It's fine for you not to like paid DLC, but no one is forcing you to buy the games to begin with, nor the DLC that's available for them. Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Also they are perpetually having problems with the 'console submission process' and that has been their excuse for everything for the first release delay. If the can't deal with the console submission process, maybe they shouldn't have tried to bring it to console (or at least waited to finish the PC version then focus on console).
Yes, maybe they should have just released the game and left it at that and forgot about updating and improving it over the past year. I'm sure you would have been much happier if they went that route and nary a complaint would have been heard from you << :lol:.

By the way, as has been pointed out, the game is already feature complete, stuff being added now is additional and free, other than the paid DLC of course.

As for the audi comments, i think it suffers from BOP issues as well... as most series have BOP restrictions, which seem to heavily effect the audi's especially at power tracks...

But why is it being fulfilled 8 months after purchase? And why is that considered okay by the community?

I am willing to give Assetto Corsa the benefit of the doubt as they are a small team of developers (20-30 people) and it is their first attempt at console gaming. If they were a team of 200 with years behind them on console i would certainly be far more critical.

The game was horrible when I bought it last year on Xbox. Knowing the above things I put it aside and waited patiently for the updates to arrive. This was not an issue for me as I have heaps of other games to play anyway.

I came back to the game a few months ago and found the game to be miles better. Even today it does not still have all the options I would like in a racing game. But the interior car modeling and track physics are very, very good.

MASERATI MC12 GT1

FB_IMG_1494853748942.jpg
FB_IMG_1494853756383.jpg
FB_IMG_1494853751654.jpg
FB_IMG_1494853754095.jpg

I still find it amazing that people want to drive the most realistic simulators, then complain exponentially about gaming features rather than actually trying the sim for it's actual simulation experience.
The driving is great, it quickly becomes boring when the game only has 13 circuits though.

These DLC cars look nice but I really don't want to give Kunos any money for how they treat console players.

Yeah, they just submitted a sizeable update largely based on community requests and feedback. They also agreed to implement customizable button mapping for the next one. It's just hard to believe developers can be so cruel.
I have been waiting 9 months to swap the buttons which shift up/down a gear...

Presets for different button layouts already exist in the console version. Not perfect but it's something. Also, you agreed to what you purchased back then. Each post-release update is free and small developer studios obviously need time.

I see things the opposite way. I'm not particularly interested in most of the cars in the RTR car pack, but I'll still buy it as they have my support.

Also, this is the studios first attempt... we cant expect perfection on their first try... That's like expecting HAAS to have won the constructors championship last year...

I agree with Nielsen, i will continue to provide support for the studio so that their next iteration is even better! The next generation of sims are around the corner, and i hope that AC can continue to revolutionize the sim market with its incredible physics and handling model...

MASERATI MC12 GT1
Would be nice to get the road car of this. Maybe a little too close to the Enzo for comfort to the Kunos guys :lol:

I recall reading somewhere that they said the game would never feature the Enzo because they didn't like the car. Did they ever comment on the F50?

I can understand your frustrations. But at least it's coming now. And it's coming mainly because people buy their DLC, which they themselves have stated is how they fund further development of the game.

Would be nice to get the road car of this. Maybe a little too close to the Enzo for comfort to the Kunos guys :lol:

I recall reading somewhere that they said the game would never feature the Enzo because they didn't like the car. Did they ever comment on the F50?

I actually thought the MC12 was going to be the road car, but I can live with the GT1.

They were silly for saying the Enzo would never come because they don't like it. Who cares if the majority of players do?

But why is it being fulfilled 8 months after purchase? And why is that considered okay by the community?

Because it wasn't an empty product! Short in content? Yes but it had a fair amount of cars and tracks and it had on line multi player, didnt it? Actually, it had almost as many cars and tracks as iracing!!! An absolute finished product!
And then, that out of this world physics and realism are more than enough to gain a lot of credit amongst fans.

Last edited:
No wonder you're not happy with Assetto.
Assetto is a sim and this is what you use in a sim

View attachment 647396
I'm not sure if you missed it in my original post, the actual driving is really good (better than PCars1) on a controller, it's just everything else which lets the game down.

For your controller..

Thanks for the advice, I've seen that suggestion before though, if I do that it means the controller is wrong for every other game.

I'm not sure if you missed it in my original post, the actual driving is really good (better than PCars1) on a controller, it's just everything else which lets the game down.

Thanks for the advice, I've seen that suggestion before though, if I do that it means the controller is wrong for every other game.
Then change it back after you've finished.

*Tried to fix this quote box several times now but my phone is not having it.

If you looked at the original release, content and schedule, you'd have seen that they already completed their original project a long tome ago, anything since then has all been additional. It was only supposed to be bare bones - a handful of cars, tracks and things to do. It seems like quantity is more important than quality in your case, but then you probably wouldn't know without a copy of the game.

You've been highlighting GT but that also fits within this criticism, if not more so with it being the oldest and massively financially backed and staffed product of them all.

Firstly, I'm pretty certain Codemasters were almost on the bring of closure not all that long ago, secondly, does the DLC I have for their F1 games not exist now or did you forget about those too?

I think you're either trying too hard or simply not researched enough.

Edit: I agree with the points you're trying to make, but it's my opinion that you're invalidating them with your comparisons. You've been going along the lines of "so and so game/company wouldn't do that" when they already have.

Codemasters in that last 2 years. As I believe when they were on the brink of closing was when they then decided to stop with DLC and just make the game good which was essentially F1 2015 (though not really good), F1 2016 and Dirt Rally.

More like not trying very hard tbh.

GT has all the standard features of a racing game today: pit stops, tyre management (But I think there is a bug), custom online, weather and night racing. So no I'm arguing for quality as AC advertises itself as a racing sim yet the base product (on console) is just a time attack and test drive sim. Without the updates it misses key features that allow for one to simulate an actual race.

Can you share with us these "plenty of developers" in sim racing who don't produce paid DLC? It's fine for you not to like paid DLC, but no one is forcing you to buy the games to begin with, nor the DLC that's available for them. Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Yes, maybe they should have just released the game and left it at that and forgot about updating and improving it over the past year. I'm sure you would have been much happier if they went that route and nary a complaint would have been heard from you << :lol:.

By the way, as has been pointed out, the game is already feature complete, stuff being added now is additional and free, other than the paid DLC of course.

Codemasters. Outside of sim racing you have Insomniac games, the last 30 years of gaming.

Alternatively they could have release a complete game, like the majority of other developers.

I am willing to give Assetto Corsa the benefit of the doubt as they are a small team of developers (20-30 people) and it is their first attempt at console gaming. If they were a team of 200 with years behind them on console i would certainly be far more critical.

The game was horrible when I bought it last year on Xbox. Knowing the above things I put it aside and waited patiently for the updates to arrive. This was not an issue for me as I have heaps of other games to play anyway.

I came back to the game a few months ago and found the game to be miles better. Even today it does not still have all the options I would like in a racing game. But the interior car modeling and track physics are very, very good.

This here is the problem. Why is it considered okay to buy a faulty product just cause the team was small? This apologetic logic is only found in gaming for some reason, in every other market the size of your development team is negligible, the only thing people care about is if the product is good. By your own admission you bought a $100 paper weight (I assume from your comment you bought it new and at launch), would you have the same attitude if your wheel didn't work for the first few months until a patch came out? No everyone would return the wheel not defend the team behind it.

Because it wasn't an empty product! Short in content? Yes but it had a fair amount of cars and tracks and it had on line multi player, didnt it? Actually, it had almost as many cars and tracks as iracing!!! An absolute finished product!
And then, that out of this world physics and realism are more than enough to gain a lot of credit amongst fans.

First, Racing isn't a finished product, it is still receiving constant revisions to the tire model. Second Iracing at least allows you to have proper races. Third, why was it full price if it is short on content?

Codemasters in that last 2 years. As I believe when they were on the brink of closing was when they then decided to stop with DLC and just make the game good which was essentially F1 2015 (though not really good), F1 2016 and Dirt Rally.

More like not trying very hard tbh.

GT has all the standard features of a racing game today: pit stops, tyre management (But I think there is a bug), custom online, weather and night racing. So no I'm arguing for quality as AC advertises itself as a racing sim yet the base product (on console) is just a time attack and test drive sim. Without the updates it misses key features that allow for one to simulate an actual race.

Codemasters. Outside of sim racing you have Insomniac games, the last 30 years of gaming.

Alternatively they could have release a complete game, like the majority of other developers.

This here is the problem. Why is it considered okay to buy a faulty product just cause the team was small? This apologetic logic is only found in gaming for some reason, in every other market the size of your development team is negligible, the only thing people care about is if the product is good. By your own admission you bought a $100 paper weight (I assume from your comment you bought it new and at launch), would you have the same attitude if your wheel didn't work for the first few months until a patch came out? No everyone would return the wheel not defend the team behind it.

First, Racing isn't a finished product, it is still receiving constant revisions to the tire model. Second Iracing at least allows you to have proper races. Third, why was it full price if it is short on content?
Because it's freaking good.

1=1.
1=/= plenty.
And in this case, 1 = 0. Codemasters had DLC for more than one game in the last couple of years.

So apparently the RTR pack is the British Pack that was mentioned at the end of last year.

upload_2017-5-15_22-57-37.png

Less than half the cars in the pack are British. There are more German cars than British cars actually. Like, I understand plans change, but c'mon.

Together with quick races and race weekends against AI that offers a significant challenge to most people. It was a complete race game for me day one. Other players with other requirements will have a different option. It has got better since then. GT? Seriously? AC was in far better shape day one than either GT5 or GT6.

True, I guess modellers do have to have something to do. But its not like shipping DLC while the game is still missing critical components is giving them that good of a reputation with anyone other than die hard fans of the game.
What critical feature is it missing?

Back