Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,705 comments

Got fed up of Project Cars 2's online failing on me (all kinds of bugs and disconnections), so I gave up on it completely for the night and fired up Assetto Corsa instead.

And boy, did it feel good! :D

I don't drive the modern open-wheelers, but from what I've read among the AC PC forums - the Ferrari F2004 has quickly come the favorite Formula car from Kunos.

This still surprises me. Ok, it's a pretty straightforward car but I feel much more involved driving the more recent models. I don't know if it's the TC system making the F2004 somewhat boring for me. But it's a bit strange because 2004 was in many ways the kind of year every year wants to be...

Nice driving, even if I would rely on shortshifting to get the best out of the engine (basically as soon as the red LED dot lights up; 4300 RPMs is the optimal shifting point according to Aris).
Thanks. My gear changes were not my finest work. I will focus on shifting at 4300rpm tomorrow afternoon.
👍

Last edited:

I started getting 99% CPU Usage with a full 55 car grid. I only have 2 x 965m in SLI. I do the same thing as you - assign a unique car to each AI driver. I wonder if it would make any difference in performance if I only chose 5 different cars in groups of 11? Would it make any difference on the game engine? I guess I could try later on.

48 cars has been a sweet spot for me. I haven't tried 49 or 50 yet. I also need to try some of those additional AI_Hints files to see how those affect the AI driving. It's a lot of fun running a track day like this. Often I will pull over just to wait for another car or group of cars to pass me. Then I try to chase them down. Last night I had a great battle for half a lap with a Countach & Porsche Carrera S in front of me (driving a Gallardo). That Countach was one crafty S.O.B. :D

Back