Assoluto Racing - iOS / Android (Out now on iOS and Android!)

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 681 comments
Hi everyone!

Few days ago i realized my childhood dream and released my first game on the Apple Store.
Assoluto Racing!
http://www.assolutoracing.com

For those who had played and supported Redline Racing on PC and MAC, Assoluto Racing is just the continuation of that project and this thread.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/my-racing-simulation-build-07.258279/

It was a hard battle against myself to find the energy and the mental strength to finish that project.

I am working in Japan and i am quite busy with my official job, so i had to develop my own game after a day of work at the office or during the week ends..
This was seriously super tough to keep that situation for around 2 years.
I many times thought that i was going to give up...

Fortunately during the process i always had full support from my family and friends who always believed and supported the project.

Members of GTPlanet also played a great role and their support was absolutely amazing.
I would like to thanks the following members for their help during the last years.

@Ameer67
@Flex0r
@GTvsForza
@NP
@rallymorten
@xZAMGMarmite

And many others that are not listed here.

:bowdown:

To really understand the concept and philosophy behind Assoluto Racing, we have to go back in time and understand where i come from, my own story.

I was around 14 years old when i first play the first Gran Turismo on the PSX and this game was like a revelation to me. At this age i was already thinking, "one day i will make my own racing game". :)
The game have in fact a lot of similarities with the GT series. (1 to 4).

The concept was already in my head.
Simple and refined design, easy to navigate menus and a game focused on cars and driving.

The game offer a realistic driving style and the largest tunable options to date on mobile.
Giving the player a wide range of possible driving style.

This is only the beginning and hopefully the game will evolve smoothly thanks to the feedback from the community.

Thank you for reading and please forgive my non native English.

PV

Grip Driving with Honda NSX-R

Drift Driving with Nissan Silvia S15

View attachment 544486 View attachment 544487 View attachment 544488 View attachment 544489 View attachment 544490

I'm a bit late to the party... but all I can say is this: Well done. I've tried to code games (and utterly failed in the process)... but this looks amazing! I will definitely give it a test play when I can...

(Also where's the next generation of the Assoluto Fatalita and the Bisonte? :P Update content perhaps?)

I also am somewhat irked that it is a free to play game, but hopefully I can make reasonable progress in the game without buying anything...

Yes, I will also get the double credit pack to boost the development of the game as well, always good to support indie developers!

(And don't go down the Asphalt 8 route... please don't...)

Last edited:
I just downloaded this game and it look so beautiful on my iPhone 6s so many Gran Turismo Vibes and I feel like this will be one of the few racing apps I'll never ever delete besides CSR Racing 2 :):sly::):):)

Erm... major problem.

It's a good game... except that I have no steering... how do I fix that?

Never mind, a quick restart of the app fixed that.

The 1.0.16 update is live!
- Added Docks (Free Run)
- Login Bonus
- Semi-slick and Slick tires
- Fixed touch code issues

1.0.16_update.png

Ok... just a quick(-ish) review of the game:

I launched the game, and immediately noticed the similarities of the game to Gran Turismo (very good at that!). After a few license tests, I ran into a major problem that I had no steering. A quick restart of the game fixed that. One of the License tests (Beginner 9 I think? The one with the S2000 @ Circle track) only was one lap around the circle instead of 3.

After a few hours with the game, I did have a couple of minor quirks with the game: First of all, I really can't hear the tires very well (all I hear is engine sound), and because the driver has no force feedback, that is extremely important to hear when the car is reaching its limit. More suspension roll would also give drivers a clearer indication of what the car is doing.

During some of the license tests, I had to restart quite a bit to get the required times (which are fairly difficult, but not impossible), but during some of those restarts, the brake and handbrake were jammed on and made me have to restart again. Spamming the brake and gas several times before the test start fixes that, but it's a major flaw of the game that needs to be fixed.

And then my main concern:

You earn money waaaay too slowly. Even with my double credits booster, it still really fails to do much when you're earning 1-2 thousand credits per race (from grinding on the Amateur events)... and you should really get a lot of the cars a lot faster than you do right now.

And because of that final point and sort of from those first two... I give this game a:

2.5-3/5. It's a good game... but these three points must be acted upon in order for it to be a 5/5 game.

Ok... just a quick(-ish) review of the game:

I launched the game, and immediately noticed the similarities of the game to Gran Turismo (very good at that!). After a few license tests, I ran into a major problem that I had no steering. A quick restart of the game fixed that. One of the License tests (Beginner 9 I think? The one with the S2000 @ Circle track) only was one lap around the circle instead of 3.

After a few hours with the game, I did have a couple of minor quirks with the game: First of all, I really can't hear the tires very well (all I hear is engine sound), and because the driver has no force feedback, that is extremely important to hear when the car is reaching its limit. More suspension roll would also give drivers a clearer indication of what the car is doing.

During some of the license tests, I had to restart quite a bit to get the required times (which are fairly difficult, but not impossible), but during some of those restarts, the brake and handbrake were jammed on and made me have to restart again. Spamming the brake and gas several times before the test start fixes that, but it's a major flaw of the game that needs to be fixed.

And then my main concern:

You earn money waaaay too slowly. Even with my double credits booster, it still really fails to do much when you're earning 1-2 thousand credits per race (from grinding on the Amateur events)... and you should really get a lot of the cars a lot faster than you do right now.

And because of that final point and sort of from those first two... I give this game a:

2.5-3/5. It's a good game... but these three points must be acted upon in order for it to be a 5/5 game.

Thank you for the review!
We will check these point you mentioned.
I guess these issue will be fixed with time there are a lot of work to do but we are confident to fix the issues you are talking about.

I guess we can already do something with the sounds etc.

***EDIT***

Btw, which version are you using?
And iOS or Android?

image.png
Just bought a new car!

And maybe fix the lights not working on the Integra and 370z.

Speaking of, a 280Z or 300ZX would be awesome!

This has been fixed, but in the standing start tests, I have to spam the gas and only when the countdown reaches "1" is the throttle available to be used.

Also wouldn't having manual transmission start in first gear be helpful?

Dude, i wish so too.
We are actually trying to contact them as well as few other Bodykit makers.

Will they affect aerodynamic performance? Even if they don't, that will still be a great addition to the game! Hopefully they don't cost that much...

______

Other suggestions I may have?

Could we have something like a PP rating and more kind of gradual upgrades? For example, when I am upgrading my Peugeot RCZ's engine, a stage 1 engine instantly boots the car up from F class to A class. If there was different engine/other parts that we could upgrade that would just gradually boost the car's PP level so that cars can access all levels of classes?

Im getting a real good vibe from this game it seems to be heading in the right direction for a racing game.
It gives a good GT3/GT4 feel to it which is what the newer gran turismo games really lack.

Will we be seeing AR make its way over to steam anytime soon?

Yeah no plans for Steam, it is a totally different platform and the deal with manufacturers would not work for it.

Btw i would like to thank you all for the support, we received some nice messages on Facebook from you guys!

This has been fixed, but in the standing start tests, I have to spam the gas and only when the countdown reaches "1" is the throttle available to be used.

Also wouldn't having manual transmission start in first gear be helpful?

Yes, i think next version should fix that.
Sorry for the trouble.

Starting in 1st gear would be better that is planned.

Yes, i think next version should fix that.
Sorry for the trouble.

Starting in 1st gear would be better that is planned.

Just tested it again, it also applies to rolling starts as well.

Also shouldn't transmission upgrades, tire upgrades, etc. increase car class as well?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if you're going to update the Skyline to B class, cause D class doesn't sound right. And maybe the same for the NSX-R.

Hello everyone!

The next update in preparation is quite big.
Here is the update menu :

- Reverse Tracks (The biggest part)
- Physics change (Much more realistic, the car floating problem has been mostly solved)
- Ranking available from a new Menu (With filters etc.)
- Ranking results (Up to 100 results now limited to 25)
- As much bug fix as possible

As you can see there are quite a lot of breaking changes so definitely need help to test the beta.
Gonna be fun!

Hello everyone!

The next update in preparation is quite big.
Here is the update menu :

- Reverse Tracks (The biggest part)
- Physics change (Much more realistic, the car floating problem has been mostly solved)
- Ranking available from a new Menu (With filters etc.)
- Ranking results (Up to 100 results now limited to 25)
- As much bug fix as possible

As you can see there are quite a lot of breaking changes so definitely need help to test the beta.
Gonna be fun!

Will we get significantly more awards from races?

I'm wondering if you're going to update the Skyline to B class, cause D class doesn't sound right. And maybe the same for the NSX-R.
Btw, we do not choose the classes, we have a specific formula for this.

its based on Weight / Power ratio.

Will we get significantly more awards from races?
We already added Login Bonus recently, and if you have a Double Race Reward you will get quite a good amount every time you finish a race.
And that help us also so definitely a good choice.

In the future we will probably add some more stuffs to help tho.
Achievements and contents sharing will also help to get few more coins / credits.

Last edited:
1st using the accelerometer?
Your talented... can't get good time with it. Wheel is where i get the best precision.
Thanks man. Accelerometer is fastest way I think at the moment, with wheel you can't get as good turn in. Found out from my brother I'm leading an event on a forum I'm not a member of. :lol:

Below is one of my laps, gave it a go as my brother said it was impossible for me to beat his time. I just about managed to, a few tenths left in it though. He has all the world records in unmodified series on original version of game. :eek:

My brother seems to be my main competitor so far. Managed to win the 370Z event, noticed the brake lights don't seem to work. I haven't posted a video of Forest Path yet so below is lap that got me first, reasonable lap but still a lot of time left in it. Reminded me a lot of GT Academy.

A new version of Assoluto Racing is available.
1.0.19 for iOS
and 1.0.20 for Android.

- Added reverse tracks
- Added Ranking Menu
- Updated car Physics (More weight to the car and less floating)
- Ranking UI Performance optimization and up to 100 results
- Fixed color names that does not change in Paintshop
- Fixed Touch input that was not accessible immediately when race start
- Fixed Manual gear that start in Neutral
- Fixed Brake Lights that didn't light up

Back