Aston Martin DB11 (DB9 Replacement)

IMO the DB11 would look better if the roof could be configurated to be in the same colour as the body. Hopefully customers have such an option, but even then it still can't rival the later DB9 or the DBS in terms of aesthetics.

As for the interior, it doesn't look bad, though it certainly doesn't look as good as Aston Martins of the previous generation. I don't really like the steering wheel. The buttons on it seem like painted plastic.

And somehow the rear of the car reminds me of the Mercedes-AMG GT S. :odd:

Also, since pics of the interior haven't been posted here yet, here is one, copied directly from Aston Martin's Facebook page:

12779010_10153671910058355_1162572765756082588_o.jpg

That doesn't look like it belongs in a car costing £40,000 let alone over three times as much.

The steering wheel looks too square-ish. The centre console looks weird with how there seems to be a leather surround that is closing in on the controls. I'm not sure I like the idea of a lack of a speedometer either. On a car like this it just doesn't feel right.

I'd rather have the Vanquish.

The steering wheel looks too square-ish. The centre console looks weird with how there seems to be a leather surround that is closing in on the controls. I'm not sure I like the idea of a lack of a speedometer either. On a car like this it just doesn't feel right.

I'd rather have the Vanquish.
The vanquish wheel is abit more squirer
2015-Aston-Martin-Vanquish-Onyx-Black-Steering-Wheel-1024x683.jpg

Yeah, I didn't like that in the Vanquish either, but in most other aspects, I feel that the Vanquish looks better.

Hate it when companies do stupid things like make the transmission just buttons what if your passenger thought it would be funny to press R when you were at driving or at the lights?

Driver controls should not be in easy reach of the passenger or anyone else.

Hate it when companies do stupid things like make the transmission just buttons what if your passenger thought it would be funny to press R when you were at driving or at the lights?

Driver controls should not be in easy reach of the passenger or anyone else.
Well, a gear stick won't be much better if you asked me. At least buttons mounted on the centre console require a bit of reach, so you would be able to see your passenger try to shift. A gear lever on the other hand can be shifted rather discreetly.

The analog clock style was getting a bit old hat, but I don't think the "pulled out of a Fiat 500" style is an improvement even if it is more modern.

Well, a gear stick won't be much better if you asked me. At least buttons mounted on the centre console require a bit of reach, so you would be able to see your passenger try to shift. A gear lever on the other hand can be shifted rather discreetly.

But the A/C controls are right next to them along with the A/C vents so the passenger may go to adjust the vents and then press one of the buttons thinking it might control airflow

But the A/C controls are right next to them along with the A/C vents so the passenger may go to adjust the vents and then press one of the buttons thinking it might control airflow
I think it's safe to assume that you can't change the gears while it's in motion, and even if you were stationary when your passenger decides to fiddle around with the gears, the car makes a beep if it were shifted into reverse.

In any case, I don't see how it's worse than a typical gear lever.

what if your passenger thought it would be funny to press R when you were at driving?
Very likely nothing would happen, as it is a modern automatic transmission.

Also if people actually were stupid enough to do such an idiotic thing, buttons on dash would still be much better than a manual, due to how manual cars behave when you downshift without using the clutch under acceleration.

I hate in some modern cars is having the handbrake next to the passenger seat in both LHD and RHD configurations

But with this car I would have assumed Aston would have moved the buttons for the LHD so it is DNRP where as the RHD is PRND

Very likely nothing would happen, as it is a modern automatic transmission.

Also if people actually were stupid enough to do such an idiotic thing, buttons on dash would still be much better than a manual, due to how manual cars behave when you downshift without using the clutch under acceleration.
What Aston needs to do is just make the DB11 column shift.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/4D51650A85EAB9DBCA257FD500245743
If you have the means, may as well...
ASTON Martin has priced the DB11 from $428,032 plus on-road costs ahead of its fourth-quarter arrival in Australia, however it has also confirmed a nine-month wait list already exists for its first new full-sized coupe in more than a decade.

Painted in a Cinnabar Orange hue, the first right-hand-drive example of the DB11 was shown to prospective customers last night, with pricing confirmed to media today at an event at the same Trivett Aston Martin dealership in Sydney.

Costing more than the outgoing DB9, which launched in 2005 and had a final starting price of $349,500 in 2016, the 4740mm-long 2+2 coupe is priced between the $389,900 Audi R8 V10 plus and the $469,888 Ferrari 488 GTB and $456,500 Porsche 911 Turbo S.
aston_martin_db11_main.jpg

...oh. :lol: Still, in USD that's about $320,000. :odd:

I don't know how prices are regulated in Australia but I there must be a lot of taxes on performance cars if they are that expensive! :eek: For USD pricing, I would expect it to be marginally over the $200,000 mark.

I don't know how prices are regulated in Australia but I there must be a lot of taxes on performance cars if they are that expensive! :eek: For USD pricing, I would expect it to be marginally over the $200,000 mark.
That must be it, because as much as I love Aston Martin, $320,000 is a bit much. :crazy: Not to mention in a whole other price bracket of cars.

Since when have supercars become this expensive? I must've lost something...

400k$ for an Audi R8?

wut.

*EDIT*

Because Australia, nevermind :lol:

:lol:

I tell you, Aston Martins, Lamborghinis and even McLarens, are everywhere in Melbourne. I don't know how they manage it but, they sell like hotcakes.

Exactly. Notice how the Turbo S costs $456k.... that car costs $200k here in the states. Which if this car comes in around that price I'd say job well done Aston.

Back