Aston Martin DB11 (DB9 Replacement)

It's a bit bland at the front and then what I imagine an i8 would look like if it didn't have all the aero cutouts towards the rear.

That front lip looks like a £5 afterthought.

Aston-Martin-DB11-CS10.jpg

And here's where they spared no expense.

Nicer than I expected, but there's something about it that stops it from being drop-dead gorgeous...

Everything from the B-pillar back is a mess. The front, at least in those pictures, looks better than I previously thought.

Okay this is growing on me. That's quite good actually. 👍 Some things I'd like to tweak but not bad. Better than the DB10 "Spectre" thing. 👍

you should see the LQ leaked picture and it looks a lot bigger but for some reason on these pictures it looks somewhat fine

Lighting threw many people off I think. The reflections at that angle appeared to magnify the swell on the near side.

Cheap lip notwithstanding, playing it safe at the front makes this easier on the eye than some of the current Astons. But with the rear being as refreshingly modern as it is, the whole thing seems to lack a certain level of cohesion. Sort of... frustratingly '00s meets achingly '10s. Though neither end looks bad in isolation, not least the back.

Lighting threw many people off I think. The reflections at that angle appeared to magnify the swell on the near side.

Cheap lip notwithstanding, playing it safe at the front makes this easier on the eye than some of the current Astons. But with the rear being as refreshingly modern as it is, the whole thing seems to lack a certain level of cohesion. Sort of... frustratingly '00s meets achingly '10s. Though neither end looks bad in isolation, not least the back.

Somehow it looks good still. Although Volante will look much better

Doesn't feel or look like a DB model. Looked more like a special models like Vanquish or something. It looks way more complicated than a DB series model.

That said, it looks a lot better than the first leaked picture. I love it.

Doesn't feel or look like a DB model. Looked more like a special models like Vanquish or something. It looks way more complicated than a DB series model.

That said, it looks a lot better than the first leaked picture. I love it.
I think they purposely tried to distance it from the same old DB design. Which lets be honest, was quite old.

Fresh start here and I love it. Its the name I have a problem with...

Much prefer the Vanquish over this. Front headlights look too aggressive and the unequal top and bottom arm of the taillights look weird to me. It's not bad, just not as elegant as an Aston I expected.

I think they purposely tried to distance it from the same old DB design. Which lets be honest, was quite old.

Fresh start here and I love it. Its the name I have a problem with...
Makes me wonder how will they design the other cars like Vanquish without making them a bit too similar to this one. I mean if you look at the DBS or Vanquish, you can see it's a performance version of the DB9 seeing as the DB9 looked very standard compared to them.

This DB11 felt more like a Virage or something.

The DB11 is quite tame to what Aston will probably do with it as performance models come out. Looks like a great base and quite nice really. I don't see the problem with subtle and an easy GT look, yeah the front is a bit more aggressive for a standard than usual from them, but it reminds me of the DBS a bit in that area.

Wonder if the Audi A1-like 'roof contrast line' will be available in body colour too? In my eyes it doesn't quite contrast enough with the dark grey metallic car in the pictures. Perhaps it looks better on differently coloured cars? - but then again, about 90% of all big Astons seemed to be bought in some variation of silver/metallic grey.

I don't know. From some angles the front doesn't look too bad, and from others it doesn't work all that well. I'd say that most of it comes from having a tad too large grille which messes up the rest of it.

I do like the rear though.

I like it... I think the vanquish looks way better though... As Legro said, from some angles, it works, and from some (maintly lower angles) it doesn't... Hopefully it will grow on me, because this was probably the car I was most excited for.

I've been fond of Aston Martin since the DB7s in the first Gran Turismo. Every DB with the DB7 and since have been mean and sexy. This DB11 is no different. I am completely loving this one (according to Post #146). Of course, I always tend to like Aston Martins in British Racing Green or something close. This golden orange color looks great for it, though.

Anyhow, I approve of the DB11. At least I do...

Back