(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship S2 | NW48 & lxmmy Are Your Driver's Champions!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 779 comments

What Time/Day Would You Like To See This Run?

• Friday 19:00 GMT+10 // 09:00 GMT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday 20:00 GMT+10 // 10:00 GMT

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Friday 21:50 GMT+10 // 11:50 GMT

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Friday 22:45 GMT+10 // 12:45 GMT

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Saturday 22:00 GMT+10 // 12:00 GMT

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Saturday 12:00 GMT+10 // 02:00 GMT

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Saturday 19:00 GMT+10 // 09:00 GMT

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Saturday 20:00 GMT+10 // 10:00 GMT

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Saturday 21:50 GMT+10 // 11:50 GMT

• Friday 16:00 GMT+10 // 06:00 GMT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 10:30 GMT+10 // 12:30 GMT

• Total voters
This evenings driver-in-focus is @Thomas2012! We sat down with him and interviewd him about his experience in the ATCC so far. Enjoy!

1. What drew you to the ATCC?
I decided to try out racing online since previously I'd never done it before and ATCC just stood out since it was on at a good time and had a good selection of cars.

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
Nope non at all

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
Beginning in ATCC, although it has been frustrating at times definitely a great idea

4. Which ATCC race are you most looking forward to?
Probably the first round to begin racing

5. Which ATCC race are you least looking forward to?
Definitely Silverstone since it never loads

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
Normally I practice the day before for an hour or two working on the lines and tune
Funny thing about last race, I forgot it was even on until NW posted that the lobby was open

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e;Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
Not sure, I like a range of race types

8. Who's your favourite racing driver of all-time?
Ayrton Senna for sure but if I had to pick a few I would easily add in more

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Probably Formula 1 although it is loosing many fans.

10. Finally, what are your aspirations for the ATCC?
Well pretty much to keep a decent pace and to keep getting better and better at racing online.

Well that's it for tonight! Come back next time for more ATCC media! Good luck for the rest of this season @Thomas2012!

@FutureF1, @Timlour, @Thomas2012, @lxmmy, @Johnny Rodger, @LITTLEBLACKO, @Pubs16, @GremlinWon, @Jordiehamz, @Mikey24, @Thomas__633, @twodogsgolden, @rcb929, @Wavey2014, @ItzRacing, @Harsk100, @itsLynxy

It's a Democracy! I'm putting this weekends track for Round 6 of the ATCC to a public vote. Tag me ( @NW48 ) in your post with your selection of track. The choices are;
A: Willow Springs International Raceway Big Willow
B: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
C: Daytona International Road Course

I prefer Monza, but I'll accept Daytona. I just think Willow Springs is more of a track day circuit rather than a race track a series would run at.

@FutureF1, @Timlour, @Thomas2012, @lxmmy, @Johnny Rodger, @LITTLEBLACKO, @Pubs16, @GremlinWon, @Jordiehamz, @Mikey24, @Thomas__633, @twodogsgolden, @rcb929, @Wavey2014, @ItzRacing, @Harsk100, @itsLynxy

It's a Democracy! I'm putting this weekends track for Round 6 of the ATCC to a public vote. Tag me ( @NW48 ) in your post with your selection of track. The choices are;
I choose Daytona Road Course.

When are the points updated?
Tonight.

@NW48 The Lexus isn't too great when it comes to speed but I guess I'm pretty ruled out for all so I'll go with what everyone has voted so far Monza!
If Daytona does end up as the track of choice, there will be 'Speedway' regs that will be introduced. A BHP boost for the the GT-R & IS-F. These only are used at a Super Speedway track, like Daytona.

With the news of the impending release of Course Maker, I'd like ro put it out there that I'm currently using the app to replicate V8SC tracks like Sandown and Surfers Paradise to include in this or the next season of the ATCC. :)👍

I'll say Monza :D but I don't mind the other two :P.

With the news of the impending release of Course Maker, I'd like ro put it out there that I'm currently using the app to replicate V8SC tracks like Sandown and Surfers Paradise to include in this or the next season of the ATCC. :)👍

Sounds heaps good! You need a tablet for it hey?

Does suck for those that don't have it, I admit, but it wouldn't work on anything else due to the complexity of the Course Maker itself.

Does suck for those that don't have it, I admit, but it wouldn't work on anything else due to the complexity of the Course Maker itself.

Doesn't even work on my iPad Air 1, I've got the app and made some nice tracks but they won't transport :/

Doesn't even work on my iPad Air 1, I've got the app and made some nice tracks but they won't transport :/
I've seen you're tracks, pretty good, wouldn't mind hosting a race or two on some of them. :) That's a bit weird, my track/s have transferred fine on my iPad, albeit, it's not an Air, though.

I've seen you're tracks, pretty good, wouldn't mind hosting a race or two on some of them. :) That's a bit weird, my track/s have transferred fine on my iPad, albeit, it's not an Air, though.

Besides elevatation and a few other things the scale is way off haha. I really wanted to try my Interlagos :/ but I think it's an iPad Air 1 issue since Air 2's are working.

Besides elevatation and a few other things the scale is way off haha. I really wanted to try my Interlagos :/ but I think it's an iPad Air 1 issue since Air 2's are working.
I was a bit bummed about elevation, but I can live with it, I guess. It exceeds my expectations as I was thinking more of a generator thing. This is good though, especially the image reference thing, it's a good idea. Just a shame you can't make really small tracks and have run-off area, but you get what you get given, and I'm having a ball with it.

They'll probably adress those problems in future updates of the app though, so no biggie.

I was a bit bummed about elevation, but I can live with it, I guess. It exceeds my expectations as I was thinking more of a generator thing. This is good though, especially the image reference thing, it's a good idea. Just a shame you can't make really small tracks and have run-off area, but you get what you get given, and I'm having a ball with it.

They'll probably adress those problems in future updates of the app though, so no biggie.

Hopefully but waiting for updates is what I'm worried about since the Beyond the Apex app has never been updated!

Daytona's as close as I'm gonna get to a home race so let's go for that! Hopefully I'm back up and running for my return to the ATCC. @NW48

True. But I dare say this will be given more attention as this is likely to be the base for GT7's Course Maker.

Good point, I really hope it fixes soon since I'm starting to get the hang of the maker now.

Plus it'd be great to have some new tracks for ATCC!

Good point, I really hope it fixes soon since I'm starting to get the hang of the maker now.

Plus it'd be great to have some new tracks for ATCC!
I hope your iPad issues can sort themselves out as your Phillip Island and Adelaide Street Circuit are simply fantastic. :)👍

Still a shame about the elevation, that'll hurt Phillip Island a little bit. :(

I hope your iPad issues can sort themselves out as your Phillip Island and Adelaide Street Circuit are simply fantastic. :)👍

Still a shame about the elevation, that'll hurt Phillip Island a little bit. :(

Thank you :) The elevation is quite a shame indeed, the Eifel flat is perfect for inclines to be added but I don't want to complain since I really like the course maker.

ATCC POINTS STANDINGS
(After Round 5 of 8)

GROUP A
1st- @NW48 ~ 118pts
2nd- @Timlour ~ 68pts
3rd- @FutureF1 ~ 64pts
4th- @Pubs16 ~ 60pts
5th- @ItzRacing ~ 28pts
6th- @Harsk100 ~ 8pts
7th- @LITTLEBLACKO ~ 0pts

GROUP B
1st- @lxmmy ~ 158pts
2nd- @Thomas2012 ~ 96pts
3rd- @RESHIRAM5 ~ 50pts
4th- @Jordiehamz ~ 44pts
5th- @GremlinWon ~ 32pts
6th- @Thomas__633 ~ 0pts

ATCC Manufacturer's Championship
GROUP A
1st- Chevrolet ~ 250pts
2nd- Nissan ~ 96pts
3rd- Ford ~ 0pts

GROUP B
1st- BMW ~ 158pts
2nd- Lexus ~ 96pts
3rd- Mercedes ~ 76pts
4th- Subaru ~ 50pts

ATCC Teams Standings
1st- Team ATOM ~ 190pts
2nd- Russian Roulette Racing ~ 186pts
3rd - Corvette Racing Australia ~ 64pts

Tyre Manufacturer's Championship
1st- Pirelli ~ 254pts
2nd-Bridgestone ~ 236pts
3rd- Michelin ~ 108pts
4th- Dunlop ~ 60pts

The track for Saturday's round will be Autodromo Nazionale Monza! It won 4-3 over Daytona Road Course.

Round 7 may be a Course Maker track, if I can find one that is suitable enough.

ATCC POINTS STANDINGS
(After Round 5 of 8)

GROUP A
1st- @NW48 ~ 118pts
2nd- @Timlour ~ 68pts
3rd- @FutureF1 ~ 64pts
4th- @Pubs16 ~ 60pts
5th- @ItzRacing ~ 28pts
6th- @Harsk100 ~ 8pts
7th- @LITTLEBLACKO ~ 0pts

GROUP B
1st- @lxmmy ~ 158pts
2nd- @Thomas2012 ~ 96pts
3rd- @RESHIRAM5 ~ 50pts
4th- @Jordiehamz ~ 44pts
5th- @GremlinWon ~ 32pts
6th- @Thomas__633 ~ 0pts

ATCC Manufacturer's Championship
GROUP A
1st- Chevrolet ~ 250pts
2nd- Nissan ~ 96pts
3rd- Ford ~ 0pts

GROUP B
1st- BMW ~ 158pts
2nd- Lexus ~ 96pts
3rd- Mercedes ~ 76pts
4th- Subaru ~ 50pts

ATCC Teams Standings
1st- Team ATOM ~ 190pts
2nd- Russian Roulette Racing ~ 186pts
3rd - Corvette Racing Australia ~ 64pts

Tyre Manufacturer's Championship
1st- Pirelli ~ 254pts
2nd-Bridgestone ~ 236pts
3rd- Michelin ~ 108pts
4th- Dunlop ~ 60pts
Why isn't HRSC Racing on the ATCC Teams Standings?

Back