ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ SUPER GT500 CHAMPIONSHIPFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 390 comments
Awesome thanks I'm in. Phone about to die so I will get back to you on car and number asap, I'm definitely in though :)

I will be home from work in a few hours, will run a few laps and give car details and sign up for the other site after I've done that so all requirements will be met this evening 👍

HP

Hey guys,

I just accepted everyone into the league (the league is permanent, the championship is for a season) at Formula Digital, those who have signed up please join the championship here:
http://www.formula-digital.com/championship.aspx?id=12

Just click join championship, once you are in the league which you are now, you dont have to be approved to join a championship.

By the start of the first race I should have properly coded teams into the championship so you guys can also build a team on the site (under teams in the garage section) and compete for the teams title as well as the drivers title.

And of course please let me know about any bugs or issues you have with the site, its all been rushed together and I am a very lazy dev, I never test properly so just nag me about issues and I'll fix them :P

Joined up on site. Got 2 cars I'm testing now so final choice in next hour or two.

Cheers mate but I need the practice so final choice tonight! FRs sent to you both too.

As per my PM to race organisers last night I've chosen the Calsonic IMPUL GT-R 08 for my ride.

I'm also in a room practising with some CRAP members so if anyone feels like a session now send me a FR and I will accept so you can enter as room set to friends only.

Good practice last night with HP (Heathenpride)👍 My Honda is going better every time I take it for a drive. Did some back to back testing with chassis stiffening, 0.6 sec slower with it on the car. Wasted 1 Million credits to find that out :grumpy:

:lol: a Million credits ain't hard to come by in this game m8 :rolleyes: i make that in less than 3 days :odd: :bowdown: sorry i mean't 3 months 🤬 :banghead: :mad:

Funny-Photos.jpg

I've opened a practice room, same as before it's friends only (to avoid online pelicans) so send a FR to Heathenpride if you're keen to join in.

Will be open for the better part of the whole day 👍

image.jpg

Good practice last night with HP (Heathenpride)👍 My Honda is going better every time I take it for a drive. Did some back to back testing with chassis stiffening, 0.6 sec slower with it on the car. Wasted 1 Million credits to find that out :grumpy:

Hey WIDFO,

Interesting point ! are you referring to the "Improve Body Rigity option in the garage ?

Looks like I have also wasted 1m of Bull:censored: credits. :banghead:

Cheers Vendal

I've opened a practice room, same as before it's friends only (to avoid online pelicans) so send a FR to Heathenpride if you're keen to join in.

Will be open for the better part of the whole day 👍

Hey Heathenpride,

Love to do some practice, but I'm away till Saturday or Sunday so I will catchup with you all then.

Cheers Vendal 👍

Can I get clarification on 2 points please:

1. Tyres. With the pit tyre issue it is a race changer to get damage on first stint, will effectively mean race over as the benefit of the first stint (and better tyre wear will be gone and if that's the fault of another driver it will cause big issues. And chance of mandatory pit on lap 1 or rolling start after pitting on a pace lap?

2. What time on track will qual start?

Cheers :)

HP

Room still open and will be for hours, FR me if want to join.

Brainrage, got your FR but when I accepted it said my list was full despite me clearing a dozen earlier today.

I sent a FR but unsure if username right, if you don't have a request from me can you send me another please?

Anyone keen for a 20 lap race on Nurb GP in an hour?

Can I get clarification on 2 points please:

1. Tyres. With the pit tyre issue it is a race changer to get damage on first stint, will effectively mean race over as the benefit of the first stint (and better tyre wear will be gone and if that's the fault of another driver it will cause big issues. And chance of mandatory pit on lap 1 or rolling start after pitting on a pace lap?

2. What time on track will qual start?

Cheers :)

HP
That's the whole point of a Full damage championship,it makes people pull their heads in & not do dive bomb passes with contact,you have to think it thru. As far as the pit glitch is concerned,i'm under thefeeling that the glitch is sort of fixed.
It still shows you doing slower times,but you get track position still. e.g. You can do 2.05min laps on first set then only 2.06's for 2nd,yet you still end up holding the same track position,4secs behind leader.Test it,you'll see!

Gonna open a practice room after the v8's finish.All welcome,planning on doing a race length run.
Read my mind on that one, I'm off to watch my beloved Cats (hopefully) thump Port Adelaide but when I get I'm jumping on and was going to do a full length run also, I will see who is about first and if no one on I will open one up.

RE heavy damage :

I'd love to think heavy damage would curb most people's penchant for reckless driving but often it is not the case and one peanut can ruin a race on turn 1 for the unfortunate bastard on the receiving end... That's why a pace lap can really help, it's been proven to work and it makes the start a bit less of a lottery and more of a race.

They're my thoughts on it anyway, this series is very well set out so I'm happy with whatever the organisers go with and I'm really looking forward to it starting :)

That's the whole point of a Full damage championship,it makes people pull their heads in & not do dive bomb passes with contact,you have to think it thru. As far as the pit glitch is concerned,i'm under thefeeling that the glitch is sort of fixed.
It still shows you doing slower times,but you get track position still. e.g. You can do 2.05min laps on first set then only 2.06's for 2nd,yet you still end up holding the same track position,4secs behind leader.Test it,you'll see!
👍

Hey Derek,

Spot on with your post. 👍

Cheers Vendal

image.jpg

Hey Lads,

We would like to cover some very important points before the first race of the season starts tomorrow on Monday night at 8:30 pm EST.
  • Qualifying
    Qualifying for each race will take place on the night of the race at 8pm EST and will last 30 minutes.
    The room will be open at 7:30 pm EST for one hour before the scheduled race start time .
  • Race Starts
    We use the grid start with false start check because it makes for exciting race starts. The most important thing to remember about a race start, is that you have 16 other people around you, you need to make sure you don’t ruin their races on the first lap. As much as they need to make sure they don’t ruin yours.This is where most people usually screw up, and mostly why we’re using heavy damage. When racing in a group of three cars or more, it is imperative that you remember to brake early for corners or move off-line to avoid contact with the car in front of you. Failure to do so could result in a penalty for dangerous driving.

When racing in a pack where all competitors are producing, what would appear to be similar pace, there is no need to try and jump through every gap on every corner. Sit back, let the battle wear out whilst you preserve your tyres a bit and analyse where each opponent is weakest so that you can capitalise on those weaknesses when you attempt to move forward. That doesn’t mean to say you can’t overtake of course! This is simply to stop people causing accidents by not being sensible.
  • Penalties will be handed out when the situation calls for it. If you see an incident you wish to be looked over, send a PM on
    to a steward and they will review the replay (please include what lap it happened on and who the victim/accused was). Penalties can be handed out for a number of offences, ranging from dangerous driving to holding up a car trying to lap you.
    Race Disqualification: This will occur for gross misconduct. I.e. not pitting, etc.
    10 -25 second penalty: Dangerous driving, causing multiple incidents, etc.
    50 second penalty: Absurd dangerous driving, causing totally avoidable incidents, etc.

Race Chat: Chatting during a race is forbidden in the championship due to it causing too much of a distraction. If you've arrived late and missed Race 1 - please do not start trying to chat with other users of the lounge. Chatting during races will result in point deductions and disqualification.
It is crucial that we all understand the above rules and regulations so we all have a fair and fun racing experience.Each race will run for approximately 50 minutes so there will be a lot of time for overtaking opportunities that will present them selves,so please DONT BE A RACE START HERO.

Last edited:
Hey just wondering if there's any more room in this series? I will be able to make the time.

Hey Cobra,

Due to the very slow Internet speeds in Australia the championship is restricted to Australian and New Zealand drivers only.

Cheers Vendal

Hey Cobra,

Due to the very slow Internet speeds in Australia the championship is restricted to Australian and New Zealand drivers only.

Cheers Vendal

Hey Vendal I forgot to mention that I'm from Australia whoops. That's why I could join this series.

Hey Vendal I forgot to mention that I'm from Australia whoops. That's why I could join this series.

Hey Cobra,

Just show up tonight Monday Night the 28th at 7:30 pm EST and we will see if we can fit you in. Room Name :Australian Tuning League GT500.

Make sure you understand all of the race rules and regulations.

You will need to sign up at http://www.formula-digital.com/championship.aspx?id=12

Cheers Vendal

Last edited:
Hear hear!

Stay safe and good luck to all 👍

The old friend list glitch strikes again, @VENDALISM I cannot see you on my list, shutting off ps3 will/should fix it if you'd be so kind?

Edit: I'm doing the same now, hopefully it works.

Edit2: fixed!

Latest Posts

Back