Audi VS. BMW

  • Thread starter Thread starter audiracing
  • 172 comments
  • 9,015 views
Oh, right - you can't have one of these threads without an anti-Bangle statement from somebody who couldn't afford a 7-series or one of its competitors but chooses to comment anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

so what if he cant afford it..... what he says is much as important as what u say...
 
I don't care if anyone replys. And I am not saying it to argue with anyone. I am just proving my point.
And if anyone here has a point that is stupid, it's M5Power. So what if you had 1000000 cars? Is some sheik from UAE that has like 100 cars in his garage world's top car expert? Is he the one car companies are consulting before they release a new model?

Your point is acctualy based on the theory that companies have certain costumers they are aiming to with every model. And you are right. They do. But, that are only statistics. What do you think an average bmw7 or s-klass driver should look like? He is just a guy with money? So, that's who those companies are trying to get to, some random guys with money. Way to go. Really smart.

It's 5AM here, I should get some sleep.

BTW:
Originally posted by ShobThaBob
Im surprised you even give these kids the time to argue back.

Yeah, M5 should have his own 10 commendments. And people should be really scared. ShobThaBob, don't get over excited. It is just a forum.
 
There is no reason to flame or get vulgar. If you continue doing such, you will be banned. I did nothing and said nothing to you. Stop acting like a child or leave, either action will make this community a better place.
 
lets put a cover over this. Everybody has his opinion.... and that's a good thing.
 
Originally posted by fast1
He is just a guy with money? So, that's who those companies are trying to get to, some random guys with money.


Well, duh? It's obviously much, much more detailed than that, but basically, if you can't afford a competitor's car, why does BMW care what you're saying about the styling of their cars?

I can see you've missed the point. It's okay, Quattro hasn't. He rules.

Is he the one car companies are consulting before they release a new model?

Starting January 6, yes, I am.

:D
 
Oh, right - you can't have one of these threads without an anti-Bangle statement from somebody who couldn't afford a 7-series or one of its competitors but chooses to comment anyway.

Even though I can't afford a 7, I can still out run it on the twisty hills. Besides, its not only the 7 that I have some design messup, but also the Z4, X3, and (to me) the highly dissapointing 5-series.
 
I would agree with all that you just stated, except for the z4. It looks very distinctly BMW, yet, unlike BMW, it is pleasing to the eye, and refreshing.
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
Even though I can't afford a 7, I can still out run it on the twisty hills.

I doubt it, unless your car has signifigant suspension work.


///M-Spec
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
Even though I can't afford a 7, I can still out run it on the twisty hills.

:lol: good one, do you even know what the 7 is capable of round the twisty bits?
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
I can still out run it on the twisty hills.


I love it when people with slow ass Civic's/Integra's and whatnot say this because they can't beat anything in a straight line. Oh yeah?! Well I can beat j00 in teh twistiez!
 
Originally posted by BMW POWER
:lol: good one, do you even know what the 7 is capable of round the twisty bits?

Not very much... over 2000 kg

for example an S2000 will be lets say.... 10.000 times as fast:)
 
Originally posted by Quattro
Not very much... over 2000 kg

Do yourself a favor and read up on what a 7 with active roll stablization can do, before you start sounding really ignorant. The car will hustle around a slalom as quickly as many cars much smaller.

Originally posted by Quattro
for example an S2000 will be lets say.... 10.000 times as fast:)

Irrelevent and untrue besides. Vanishing boy said he'd take a 7 in his car... a 1992 Integra GS-R. The 7 may not be able to hang with the S, but it can sure out do a 10 year old hatchback.


///M-Spec
 
Originally posted by Quattro
Not very much... over 2000 kg

for example an S2000 will be lets say.... 10.000 times as fast:)

as ///M-Spec already pointed out he was comparing the 7 series to a 1992 Integra, not an S2000 :rolleyes:
 
sounds bull**** to me... A 7 cant be very fast around the bends, K it has all the electronic stuff but it is all about WEIGHT. And M spec...plz stop the arogant tone in your replies.
 
ok so an RS6 cant be that fast round the bends either then right? how much weight does the RS6 carry around with it then? its just my opinion but it seems to me you are very anti BMW. go read up on the 7 series before you reserve your final opinion. :)
 
An RS6 can be fast around the bends... but still it cant be very fast because of its weight... what I call fast around corners is something like an S2000 yes...
 
ok i agree the 7 series cant be as fast as an S2000 round the bends but remember its not even close to the same category as the Honda. but if you take the car into competition round with others from the same class then i think you would be very surprised at how it compares to its rivals
 
True... there's the main point... You got to compare every car with its own class and competitors.
So the 7 or S or A8 or LS430 or XJ can sure be fast around turns but thats relatively... for a sportscar those speeds would be average.
 
yes we finally agree on something :) , the 7 series is a fast car in its own right but would most likely get eaten on the twisty bits by some of the higher sports car range.
 
Originally posted by Quattro
sounds bull**** to me...

Facts remain facts, regardless of how you may feel about them. You don't have to take my word for it, just look up magazine published skipad and slalom numbers. The 7 has extremely impressive ones for a car in its weight and size catagory.

Originally posted by Quattro
A 7 cant be very fast around the bends, K it has all the electronic stuff but it is all about WEIGHT.

That is a gross oversimplification of cornering performance. The most important variables in cornering performance is tires, the car's track, wheelbase and the center of gravity vs. the total mass of the car. Other factors include suspension type, geometry and individual tuning of said parts, such as roll stiffness, amoung many, many others.

One reason the 7 is so capably around the "twisty bits" is the active roll stabilizers. It is an electro-hydrolic system that can vary the stiffness of the sway bars on the fly, all from the ECU. In normal cruising the ECU can actually decouple the anti-roll bars. This eliminates the traditional drawbacks of running an very stiff set of bars. At full stiff, the system can mimick a setup that would be intolorably hard for a street car, but allowing for excellent cornering.

The new 5, 6 and 7 all use this setup, as will the forthcoming 3 and 4. The 530i with this system has generated .91g on the skidpad. This is as high as the S2000s' and better than the old M5 and current M3.

Originally posted by Quattro
And M spec...plz stop the arogant tone in your replies.

Tell you what. I'll stop the arrogant tone if you stop passing off opinion as fact. What do you say?


///M-Spec
 
Originally posted by ///M-Spec
Tell you what. I'll stop the arrogant tone if you stop passing off opinion as fact. What do you say?

I think you should both just step back a little and calm down.

Healthy debate is good, but this is verging on getting out of hand. I'm going to leave it open for now, but just be aware: I've been thinking about closing this thread.
 
M5 Power-

a fully loaded RS6 is $88,700(rounded to 100, at least that is what I paid. no mark up, fully loaded)

base is $82,700

a fully loaded M5 is $75,800.00 (rounded to 100)

so a difference of $12,900.00

So yes the RS6 is expensive...is it worth it? Thats for each person to decide. To me yes, I really enjoy Audi's and I love the quattro.

Plus very easy and relatively inexpensive to modify. With an APR or MTM chip $2600 to $2900 cost. You get between 515hp - 520hp and 500tq - 530tq. Which is a big difference for little cost.


Also, just so I understand you are being paid by BMW....... or all car companies? If so what is your profession?


quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is he the one car companies are consulting before they release a new model?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Starting January 6, yes, I am.quote:
 
i'll be damned another RS6 owner, is yours the saloon or avant? i currently have the avant. did you have the upgrded brakes option on yours?
 
BMW POWER-

Saloon, If Audi had sent the Avant to the US it would have been a serious consideration. Big time sleeper.......throw a chip in that thing and watch people cry as they get their A** handed to them by an Avant.

As for the breaks yes they are upgraded...they actualy came stock that way. In Europe it was an option but stock in the US.

You guys however have those awsome Recaro seats.....we got some crappy US spec seats(not recaros like rest of the world). I have considered importing the whole set, even found a suplier....big $$$'s though for seats. Still most likely will do it as the current seats put my right leg to sleep:irked: .
 
well i didnt know about the seats, i have the silver ones in mine with the black stiching :drool:
80% of the time my wife uses it and i take the cerbera but during harsh weather or if i need to make a long motorway trip then i use the audi. just wondering, did you get a BOSE sound system in yours? when i bought the car the bloke at the dealership said for a short time they were fitting a BOSE sound system to the RS6's as a no cost option. it really is a great system with surround sound and a built in DVD player with TV tuner.
 
Its a Bose system but no TV and no DVD.....Lawyers in the US make it impossiable for the "good" stuff to make it on the cars. There are only aftermarket items....most if not all manufactures that ship to the US don't put anything on the car that might be a distraction for fear of getting sued:irked: . If cars have the TV and DVD in the car it is normally only in the rear seats.

Also, there were only 5 option on US spec models.

1. Warm weather pkg
2. Rear side airbags
3. Carbon fiber trim
4. Sound enhancing exhaust
5. Nav....crappy not Nav plus


and phone cradle if you want...but was not on the option order list had to ask for it.

Europe got many more options then the US did :irked:

Also, if you like there is a lot of good info on RS6.com

Cheers-
 
Bmw's are lame looking cars.The only difference is the double grill in the front.

As far as speed and performance...the Audi's are better. The M5's are not worth

the money.You better choose an Audi or Lexus. Plus the back of Bmw's are so

ugly.The 3 series,5 series etc....they all look the same..Get an IS 300 or GS 430..

much better in looks and performance.. If you really want speed ..I mean serious

racing performance...choose an Evolution 8 MR. Its also very affordable. Now

you can't class an M5 to that...EVO baby! Remember just because Bmw's are

German...does not mean that its the best.
 
GTR8
Bmw's are lame looking cars.The only difference is the double grill in the front.

As far as speed and performance...the Audi's are better. The M5's are not worth

the money.You better choose an Audi or Lexus. Plus the back of Bmw's are so

ugly.The 3 series,5 series etc....they all look the same..Get an IS 300 or GS 430..

much better in looks and performance.. If you really want speed ..I mean serious

racing performance...choose an Evolution 8 MR. Its also very affordable. Now

you can't class an M5 to that...EVO baby! Remember just because Bmw's are

German...does not mean that its the best.

I don't know that I've ever seen a double-spaced post before. Written by someone who has no concept of the new M5 - with double the horsepower of the Lancer Evo.
 
Back