Audi VS. BMW

  • Thread starter Thread starter audiracing
  • 172 comments
  • 9,015 views
GTR8
If you really want speed ..I mean serious

racing performance...choose an Evolution 8 MR. Its also very affordable. Now

you can't class an M5 to that...EVO baby!
You are joking, of course. No one with a shred of clue could post this. An M5 could spank the Evo VIII pink, while carrying 4 adults in quiet roomy comfort. The only possible point you have is that the Evo is comparatively cheap. I'll grant you that.
 
Listen my cousin has a new M5 and yes it does have good performance...
still euro cars are known to be alot heavier than japanese cars....he dragged
raced with the new evo8 MR..not just 8....4 wheel drive...rally car....the evo beat it by at least a second...so you don't know what you're talking about...see bmw built a reputation a long time ago...but this new evolution series...once put on the track its a monster on wheels...the M5 is just a modified version of the new 5 series....the evolution series didn't do any modifications...but trust me if you do modify one some more...you'll get smoked at least 2 more seconds...a dragster in Texas modified an Evo 7 and it got 0-60 in 2.75 seconds...faster than a ferrari...and my uncle has a ferrari 550.....so you can't say M5 is faster..we proved that....we drag race all the time...with impreza's..skylines...lamborghini's....what you need to do is put your money where your mouth is...don't worry about looking at the amount of horsepower the M5 has...there are many jeeps with more than 400 horsepower but that does not mean its faster on the track...you have to actually test it out...0-60...this new evo reaches that in 4 secs...try racing against the right competitors...
 
It looks as though somebody gave you the wrong information about the lancer Evo...you said the new M5 has twice the power...I think not...the evo has always beat the M3's and M5's....ohh yeah there is a new evo out called the MR ....just like Bmw made a new M5...mitsubishi made the new Evo...so what's your point??
what you need to do is test them out yourself..just like my drag team did...you need to have correct information...the M5 is soo much heavier than the evo...that slows it down alot my friend...don't get fooled when you ready about the horsepower.....it says nothing when you come on the track...rally cars always have more power to them...
 
I dunno where you got your info from really...talking about m5 smoking an evo with 4 adults ....that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard...I think bmw should just stick to luxury...in fact the interiors are too lame for that anyway...but the evo without modifications could smoke the m5 any day...as far as the M5 having double the horsepower...that is more nonsense...the new MR classes with the lamborghini's and porsche...when my cousin bought the M5 he thought it was better...having so much horspower...but he got smoked every time he raced against cars like the impreza,evo..rx7 and the new skyline GTR Spec 11....so you need to test them out yourself ....thats why I can say this now...we all belong to a drag team...thats what we do...
 
GTR8
Listen my cousin has a new M5 ..

No he doesn't. Deliveries of the new M5 don't begin in Europe until January of '05. North American doesn't see them until Fall of '05.


M
 
I am not European and damn sure not american....
Get your facts straight...
 
GTR8
I am not European and damn sure not american....
Get your facts straight...

Wow. You really are clueless, aren't you?

Your cousin CANNOT have a new M5 because IT IS NOT FOR SALE YET. ANYWHERE.


M
 
I told you before we all test drive cars...and yes he has a new M5....he's the finance manager of Bavarian Motors...they are allowed first preference on the vehicles before they go on sale...why do you think we also have an Evo 8 MR....thats not out yet....they do the testing on the strip and get the 0-60 mark ups....you see you don't know what you're talking about...and those ppl then put the specs on the websites...but I guess you know everything right...in about a month or 2 ...they will be marketed...
 
I'd say we want some pics, with a nice GTPlanet written on a sheet of paper over the car. :D
 
GTR8
...we all belong to a drag team...thats what we do... I told you before we all test drive cars...
That's the kicker. You've just proved that there's no way you're over 14 years old.

Find one of these 'supercars' you supposedly test drive, pop the hood open, and put a piece of paper that says "TOLD YOU SO, GTPLANET" in bold marker pen on the airbox. Then take a digital picture and post it here.

Until then, no one is going to believe a word you say, so give up now.
 
I actually want to see the E60 M5 on a drag strip next to an Evo VIII MR. I want the M5 driver to hold up the "Told you so..." sign while he stages. Pic or vid will do. A burnout would be nice too. Don't forget to show a scan of the timeslip.


M
 
Alright...you will get pics...the M3 was a failer...0-60 only 5 seconds...3.2 liter engine...the M5 only got 0-60 in 4.7 seconds...see folks thats how you know which one is faster....but you can believe what you want....you have your opinion on it as well...but I look at specs...and test drive....but you just listen to what other so called fans to bmw's....the double grill is the only difference to other cars..and its still ugly...but if you want to check specs you can go check out the evo,new skyline GTR spec 11...Rx7...subaru STI..you'll see every single one gets 0-60 in under 4.7 seconds....so you don't know what you're talking about...some fool put its twice the speed...where?? which part....even the bmw company would laugh at you..what you think its a ferrari f1 or something? Get real...
 
Good... We're impatiently waiting for the pics... and you're right, ///M-Spec sure does not know what he says, especially when talking about BMWs...
 
That was great, thank's GTR8 you gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time. 👍
 
GTR8, as much as I love the Evo, you're full of crap. Yes, the EvoMR has a quick 0-60 time but it won't be able to keep up with the M5 once you reach higher speeds.

And why did you dig up an old thread about Audi vs. BMW thread to discuss Evo MR vs. M3/M5? ....

EDIT: BTW, the new special Evo MR FQ-400 in the UK can out accelerate a Pagani Zonda. So does that make the Zonda a slow horrible European car? :rolleyes: And when you said your cousin kept losing to the top Japanese sports cars, maybe the problem is not the car, but the thing between the steering wheel and the front seat.....
 
GTR8
Alright...you will get pics...the M3 was a failer...0-60 only 5 seconds...3.2 liter engine...the M5 only got 0-60 in 4.7 seconds...see folks thats how you know which one is faster....but you can believe what you want....you have your opinion on it as well...but I look at specs...and test drive....but you just listen to what other so called fans to bmw's....the double grill is the only difference to other cars..and its still ugly...but if you want to check specs you can go check out the evo,new skyline GTR spec 11...Rx7...subaru STI..you'll see every single one gets 0-60 in under 4.7 seconds....so you don't know what you're talking about...some fool put its twice the speed...where?? which part....even the bmw company would laugh at you..what you think its a ferrari f1 or something? Get real...

How to tell an internet phony without even trying: all his drag strip "test stories" have people racing to 60 mph. :dunce: No ETs, no 60 foot times, no trap speeds. Hmmm.. he sounds like a real drag strip veteran to me. :rolleyes:


M
 
If it wasn't for his.... 'unique' posting style I would've swore StreetKing made a return...
 
Wow, Thanks for the laughs GTR8! I have not seen such a funny post in along time! I laughed so hard I thought I was going to have a stroke (if thats possible).

first of all the M3 will do 0-60 in 4.7 sec, not 5. Plus ever heard of the M3 CSL??

Second, since when are cars judged only on 0-60 times? thats another reason I can tell you are full of bull ****. there is so much more to a car, and If you where telling the truth you would know that.

finaly, the 0-60 of the new M5 is 4.7sec , but thats the manufacturers claim, the manufacturers claim for the older M5 was 5.2 sec. I have seen it do 4.7 in many car mags, and I personaly have done a 4.9 in may dads, and I am no pro!



Also....what....the..... heck.....is .....with .....all.....the .....dots....instead .....of

periods...and....commas....you ...think....someone....who ...is old....enough ....to

testdrive....cars ...AND...is part...... of a drag....racing...team....would know....how

to....use ....basic....punctuation :dopey: ......
 
GTR8 is likely the single stupidest person I've ever encountered on the Internet.

And we had a dude who claimed to be "the blackest Asian in Maryland."
 
The Evo and M5 are different horses for different courses.
The M5 would scream ahead once into 3 figures with superior aerodynamics and so much more power. It'll top out at 205mph.
However on a damp, twisty B road you wouldn't see the Evo for dust.
 
Listen this is a chat room not a composition....so I can put how many dots on this page if I wanted too...you would stoop so low and talk about ppl's typing!..what a dumb idiot.Besides..the person who is talking about the M5 doing less than 5 secs in 0-60 is full of crap..the only way that could be possible was if you modified it some more..still you can do the same with the evo..yes you can measure speed by 0-60 mark ups..even at the quarter mile.. the rally cars are known to handle any kind of corner..so whats so different on a track? Probably only a few corners...but by the time the evo kicks off...the M5 would be left behind...esp when the turbo kicks in...well you'll be eating dust. If you wanted you can even check the specs yourself on the internet..Esp on the bmw site...why would they lie to you..
 
A truck can have a V12 or V10 engine and have over 500 hp..but that does not mean its faster than most cars...forget the amount of power...think about the weight distribution aerodynamics..the twin scroll turbocharger... I never heard the M5's having superior aerodynamics...where?
 
I'm not sure there, did you mean the BMW's esp would have a negative effect on the turbo kick of the M5? That sure does make sense.
 
M5Power
GTR8 is likely the single stupidest person I've ever encountered on the Internet.

And we had a dude who claimed to be "the blackest Asian in Maryland."


I am the most Canadian white guy you'll ever find ! ( Go Habs...when /if you come back )
 
As far as M5 power saying that I'm the stupidest person on the internet...it seems that you are for saying such an immature thing...all I was trying to do was prove some points..but it seems you are a little girl.
 
Oh yes, we're immature.

Is that why you're looking for a Teal car Doug?

*cough*, so, GTR8, where are those pics? *cough*
 
Yes you're immature..but where are your pics? Ppl saying that I need to prove that about the evo and m5...but where are the pics to prove the m5 over the evo? Works both ways man..
 
No, we are expecting you to post pics that prove you do the things you say you do: namely, test drive supercars. I also expect you to prove you have even seen a new M5 in person.

Right now no one here believes a single word you've said. Half because you don't make much sense, half because you type like a 12 year old. If you think we haven't seen anyone play this game before and can't smell a phony a mile away, you'd be very mistaken.

Besides which, you wrote this:

GTR8
Alright...you will get pics...

:dunce:


M
 
GTR8
Yes you're immature..but where are your pics? Ppl saying that I need to prove that about the evo and m5...but where are the pics to prove the m5 over the evo? Works both ways man..

You aren't even understanding our questions. Based on your typing style, you're nine or ten years old; based on your knowledge you're still not older than fourteen. Topping that, only idiots resort to weight comparisons when they're doubled in horsepower. When the horsepower difference is this great, the Lancer Evolution MR must be the single lightest vehicle mass-produced to be quicker. The new M5 has a 507-horsepower 5-liter V10, a seven-speed sequential manual, and does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, based on the notes of someone who's actually driven a car, not an Internet twelve-year-old who is on a "drag team", which may be the very stupidest thing you've said. Please stop posting here, you are not intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with us.

jpmontoya
Is that why you're looking for a Teal car Doug?

Yes! My immaturity demands it!
 
you are not intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with us.

GTR8 that was the finishing line just there, just give it up now 👍
 
Back