August Playground Select Car Pack - FREE UNTIL AUGUST 11

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 77 comments
Sorry but Forza needed 4 years more for weather effects.

...and PD needs longer yet to do them at 60fps. Neither company has nailed it perfectly.

Also I doubt it that Forza will ever have gems like Toyota Chaser, Diablo GT, 180 SX or M3 CSL.

Also I doubt it that GT will ever have gems like [insert four random cars that are in Forza but not GT].

There is no way that Forza destroys GT in car list just because it has the strongest trims.

That's been one of my criticisms of the Forza series for a while. It seems, judging by them keeping the Mustang GT as well as the new GT350, that they're changing their mind about it.

Model quality yes. GT appreciates more ordinary cars too.

Sometimes.

And in some moments looks better than Forza with newest hardware.

Sometimes.

And SSR11 is easily one of best fictional tracks in gaming.

Opinion.

I guess that people buy Forza for carlist not for gameplay.

Er, if anything, that could be an idea levelled at GT more than Forza...

And T10 is greedy for offering 1/3 of car list for whopping 100$. Without season pass even more.

1/3 of what? I've no reason to doubt the 450 number will be accurate at release.

Yes car list has variety but Forza just now will have dynamic weather, endurance racing. Yet GT7 will have that, better sounds, more tracks, cars, track maker, huge and versatile career mode with rewards. Forza vs GT battle is far from over.

Please, can I borrow your time machine, so that I too can know what a complete GT7 is like?

Seriously, if you want to turn the discussion into a general Forza vs GT one, do it here.

Last edited:
Also I doubt it that Forza will ever have gems like Toyota Chaser, Diablo GT, 180 SX or M3 CSL.

A-herm.

1999_lamborghini_diablo_gtr.jpg

Volvo S60 Polestar in Swedish Racing Green is my new favorite car in probably any racing video game. Having had the pleasure of owning a Polestar car in the past, it brings me a ton of entertainment.

That's a whole lot of assumptions with absolutely zero backing. You have no idea what GT7 will offer or if it will even be offered at all and you have no idea what the Forza series will offer in the future either.

I think if you stopped trying to turn this into a battle and instead just enjoyed the fact that we actually get pretty decent racers on both next gen consoles, you'd probably enjoy gaming more.

I agree with you, and I would imagine that a great many Forza gamers, myself included, actually came from GT. But PD is just so slow and the fact is that other game developers are busy providing content that those of us who have left GT want. I expect that Gt7 will eventually come out, but the field has gotten more crowded, and that is a good thing. Now if you will excuse me, I have to crank this 918 up! :dopey:

Lol i didn't mean to invoke attention. But it's just wierd that you change games because of car list.
Also, I find it wierd that E39 M5 isn't in. Maybe one last DLC could change that.

Hmmm, it wasn't my intention to start a Forza vs GT argument with my comment.

I just grew impatient with GT for the last few games and the Forza games appeal to me more these days.

If you still prefer GT that's fine, there is no right or wrong it's just personal preference.

Anyway time to get up and download this car pack :)

Last edited:
Lol i didn't mean to invoke attention. But it's just wierd that you change games because of car list.
Also, I find it wierd that E39 M5 isn't in. Maybe one last DLC could change that.
Because nowadays, everybody (including myself) perfers quality over quantity. I find it weird that some people perfer 1000 cars in their game over any other game that has 100-400 cars that's been modeled up to next-gen stardards and have diversity in there lists.

And you know what, that's fine. But it was unnecessary to charge in here to say "Oh GT has this, Forza's lacking that", wouldn't you agree?

Even though it's a fact that Forza does have a better list of cars than PD's dated car list, there are more reasons why people switched to other games. For me, I got fed up with PD ignoring their fans and GT lacking behind the competition. I then took off my rose-glorified glasses and saw the other sides of the fences were greener, thus jumping over and moving on.

Last edited:
Because nowadays, everybody (including myself) perfers quality over quantity. I find it weird that some people perfer 1000 cars in their game over any other game that has 100-400 cars that's been modeled up to next-gen stardards and have diversity in there lists.

Even though it's a fact that Forza does have a better list of cars than PD's dated car list, there are more reasons why people switched to other games. For me, I got fed up with PD ignoring their fans and GT lacking behind the competition. I then took off my rose-glorified glasses and saw the other sides of the fences were greener, thus jumping over and moving on.
That's not the problem with gran turismo 6 as gt also has 400 properly modelled cars. Better sound, livelier physics, and admittedly irresistible graphics were what pulled me in to fm5 personally.

Last edited:
That's not the problem with gran turismo 6 as gt also has 400 properly modelled cars. Better sound, livelier physics, and admittedly irresistible graphics were what pulled me in personally.
True that GT6 has 400 premium cars, but most of the cars are duplicates. Can't really agree on the sound and physics parts (though during the GT5 days I'll agree on the physics however). And true the graphics are pretty amazing on the PS3, though GT has always been known to have better graphics, but DriveClub takes the cake.

I just found that only 1964 250 GTO and 2009 Fiesta Zetec ST are 360 Exclusives. And that Mercedes C32 AMG is traffic car. Why? Not many games truly appreciate AMGs from 90's and 00's. I think that if this DLC would come out I would actually consider buying Xone just for Horizon2.
C55 AMG 2005 (better and rarer than C32)

Chaser Series V 1998 (rare and interesting tuner)
M5 E39 2003 (if we have F10, E34, E28 why can't we have this? I mean they have a model)
Firebird WS6 2001 (another wonderful muscle car)
Giulia QV 2015 (something current)
365 GTB4 1972 (wonderful Ferrari)
And many more.
But that's just suggestion. Is there any suggestion forum for Forza similiar to one we have in this forum? Will there be more DLCs for Horizon 2?

True that GT6 has 400 premium cars, but most of the cars are duplicates. Can't really agree on the sound and physics parts (though during the GT5 days I'll agree on the physics however). And true the graphics are pretty amazing on the PS3, though GT has always been known to have better graphics, but DriveClub takes the cake.
I was talking about fm5 having those nice things.

I just found that only 1964 250 GTO and 2009 Fiesta Zetec ST are 360 Exclusives. And that Mercedes C32 AMG is traffic car. Why? Not many games truly appreciate AMGs from 90's and 00's. I think that if this DLC would come out I would actually consider buying Xone just for Horizon2.
C55 AMG 2005 (better and rarer than C32)

Chaser Series V 1998 (rare and interesting tuner)
M5 E39 2003 (if we have F10, E34, E28 why can't we have this? I mean they have a model)
Firebird WS6 2001 (another wonderful muscle car)
Giulia QV 2015 (something current)
365 GTB4 1972 (wonderful Ferrari)
And many more.
But that's just suggestion.

There are a few wishlist threads.

Is there any suggestion forum for Forza similiar to one we have in this forum?

No. Thank deity. The last thing we need is another forum full of people racing to find the most obscure cars possible just so they might have another thread.

Will there be more DLCs for Horizon 2?

It's unknown - T10 haven't really announced any of the past few, so they're always surprises.

I still think that releasing FM6 is still too early when DLC's are still selling like crazy.
@SlipZtrEm If you sort it by votes you'll get wonderful list in first 10 pages that should be in all car games in general, including Forza and GT.

Last edited:

And you know what, that's fine. But it was unnecessary to charge in here to say "Oh GT has this, Forza's lacking that", wouldn't you agree?

GTs car list is full of duplicates and frankly crappy cars that most people aren't interested in. Not forgetting the FREE (wo, Daddy stand back) fantasy VGTs that I never drove. Can't remember the last time I wanted to drive a Mazda Miata 1994 Type V (NA) or whatever the hell it was. Or a Daihatsu Midget Type D II or a sodding Suzuki Alto Works circa. 1997. And then dozens and dozens of Skylines, RX-7s, GTOs, Lancers etc all of which have either no or very minor differences. Sometimes the color is the only thing distinguishing them from one another.
PD's lack of communication and lack of truly great new and desirable cars in their DLC didn't help. I mean, just look at FM5 and FH2s DLC. You don't know which pack is better quite honestly.
I also have a PS4 with DriveClub and their DLC is incredible too with monthly car packs AND new event packs and even a free car most months. Project Cars is coming along very nicely with their DLC too. And then we have PD giving FREE (take note, please) fantasy cars that I don't give a rat's arse about LOL.
I mean, it's such a tough choice! Oh yeah, and 80% of GTs models lack cockpits. Well, that's just swell....

GTs car list is full of duplicates and frankly crappy cars that most people aren't interested in. Not forgetting the FREE (wo, Daddy stand back) fantasy VGTs that I never drove. Can't remember the last time I wanted to drive a Mazda Miata 1994 Type V (NA) or whatever the hell it was. Or a Daihatsu Midget Type D II or a sodding Suzuki Alto Works circa. 1997. And then dozens and dozens of Skylines, RX-7s, GTOs, Lancers etc all of which have either no or very minor differences. Sometimes the color is the only thing distinguishing them from one another.
PD's lack of communication and lack of truly great new and desirable cars in their DLC didn't help. I mean, just look at FM5 and FH2s DLC. You don't know which pack is better quite honestly.
I also have a PS4 with DriveClub and their DLC is incredible too with monthly car packs AND new event packs and even a free car most months. Project Cars is coming along very nicely with their DLC too. And then we have PD giving FREE (take note, please) fantasy cars that I don't give a rat's arse about LOL.
I mean, it's such a tough choice! Oh yeah, and 80% of GTs models lack cockpits. Well, that's just swell....
I totally agree mate, quality of quantity any day.

I used to buy a ton of cars in GT and Forza games, I would try to buy the majority of the car lists in each game just on to own them and have a large collection of cars in each garage. Over the years, I found myself paying exorbitant amounts in-game money for cars that I would drive once, maybe twice, it was a waste really. Now days I would rather have 100 good cars that I love to drive... rather than 100 cars that I love to drive and 400 cars I barely care about sitting in my garage.

Cool car pack, going to grab it tonight!

The fact that they called the DLC "Playground Select" makes me think it's the final one- the icing on a very tasty cake.

FH2 has honestly by a longshot been one of the best gaming purchases I have made in a long time. The amount of support from Playground Games for FH2 has been beyond impressive. Their next game (likely FH3 next year 2016) will without a doubt be a day one purchase for me including season pass and whatever else they produce. Even if this is the last pack, I have not been THIS happy with a gaming purchase in a long time. Lets just hope some of this continuous support will rub off on T10. :cheers:

I'm pretty sure post-release additions are Turn 10's domain, because their game benefits from what goes into Horizon.

FH was a good game considering the limitations of the XB360. FH2 feels like PG/T10 delivered on all the promises made with FH. But as good as FH2 is, it's still just a first pass at the XB1. I have every reason to believe FH3 is going to be another big step forward.

FH was a good game considering the limitations of the XB360. FH2 feels like PG/T10 delivered on all the promises made with FH. But as good as FH2 is, it's still just a first pass at the XB1. I have every reason to believe FH3 is going to be another big step forward.
Agreed. Makes you wonder what they will do in FH3 after seeing their efforts with FH2. I'm shaking with excitement just to find out! I have a feeling they won't disappoint. :D

Indeed. Horizon 1 was the game that made me buy a 360 for how it is awesome, and Horizon 2 is pretty much perfect in almost every way and has pretty much set the standard of open-world racing games. Here's hoping that Horizon 3 will be the ultimate racing open-world game. In other words... Playground Games ain't nuthin' to 🤬 with.

I get a forza rewards notice of the "Playground Select Car Pack", free till aug/11. :rolleyes:
So, I logged in with one of my 4 g-tags, downloaded the "Pack", and then collected them all from the Showcase for free.
Repeated the above for my second g-tag.
But for my 3rd and 4th g-tag, the cars are not free from the Showcase, not even the Honda Civic. 🤬 🤬
?? :banghead: ....................................................... Why?

I get a forza rewards notice of the "Playground Select Car Pack", free till aug/11. :rolleyes:
So, I logged in with one of my 4 g-tags, downloaded the "Pack", and then collected them all from the Showcase for free.
Repeated the above for my second g-tag.
But for my 3rd and 4th g-tag, the cars are not free from the Showcase, not even the Honda Civic. 🤬 🤬
?? :banghead: ....................................................... Why?
Well all my cars are going to cost in game credits and are not free. Not like previous DLC

But it says on the Hub, that they are free for a limited time, so .... WT:censored: ?
That is for the actual DLC pack itself not costing real money and being free for a limited time. After that they will charge for it like the Porsche DLC. But the difference between the 2 is that in game you weren't charged with the Porsches but with this pack you need to use your credits.

Back