Forza 5/6 vs GT6 (See First Post Before Posting)

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 1,727 comments
I hope rallying or any kind of off-road stuff never makes it into a FM game. That'd dilute it somewhat, imo

Well.. I'm all for T10 refining all other aspects of the game first, like making the physics more believable than ever before and fixing some of the cockpit stuff.

It's wierd though so many good rally cars in the game yet no rallying. I personally think wet racing is a very interesting direction to take and it could possibly mean rallying as well. But who knows. Knowing T10, they'll take another few games to refine their existing assets, particularly night and rain.

I hope rallying or any kind of off-road stuff never makes it into a FM game. That'd dilute it somewhat, imo

I hope that if they do make a rally game, they make it a standalone. I think that there's enough depth in off-road and point-to-point type racing to make an enormous game, and that it really needs a whole game to do it justice.

I'd rather pay twice the price for a really good road racing game and a really good rally game, than a half-assed mashup of both.

I hope that if they do make a rally game, they make it a standalone. I think that there's enough depth in off-road and point-to-point type racing to make an enormous game, and that it really needs a whole game to do it justice.

I'd rather pay twice the price for a really good road racing game and a really good rally game, than a half-assed mashup of both.

That's the most brilliant idea I've ever heard.. *Jeremy Clarkson voice*

A standalone rally product... wow, man.. that has be excited, just the mere thought!

Introducing: Forza Rally. :cheers:

Or an expansion to forza motorsports with a price like 20-30 euro. It should be integrated in the game so that we could use rally cars from the expansion on roads too!

I once played Forza 4 and found it pretty boring. You get pretuned reward cars for leveling up which is too rewarding especially in beginning. AI is boring. Career mode mostly has races and no night or rain. It's repetitive. Gt on the other hand makes you work hard. I doubt that it's any different with fm5. I just find GT more fun and premium than Forza.

I once played Forza 4 and found it pretty boring. You get pretuned reward cars for leveling up which is too rewarding especially in beginning. AI is boring. Career mode mostly has races and no night or rain. It's repetitive. Gt on the other hand makes you work hard. I doubt that it's any different with fm5. I just find GT more fun and premium than Forza.

That's great...

How much time did you spend with FM4 as opposed to GT?

Isn't the general premise the same in both games? Race..win money.. collect cars...tune cars..move ahead.. repeat.

I once played Forza 4 and found it pretty boring. You get pretuned reward cars for leveling up which is too rewarding especially in beginning.
Not a very good reward when the tunes that come on the cars are absolute garbage anyways. As if free cars is isolated to only Forza, though :rolleyes:

AI is boring.
compared to what?

Career mode mostly has races and no night or rain. It's repetitive. Gt on the other hand makes you work hard.
Who would have thought that the career mode has races?! This is new news! Either way, they are both repetitive and a grind, that's usually why people resort to money glitches on both games.

I doubt that it's any different with fm5. I just find GT more fun and premium than Forza.
No matter the thought, your train of thought is already stuck. You nit pick one, and give so much leniency for the other.

Last edited:
I once played Forza 4 and found it pretty boring.

Basing your opinion on an entire series because you played one installment once?

You realize how easily that would work against GT, especially the PS3-era ones, right? GT5 gave you very little options in progression. GT6 forces the first race, and then first car, on you.

You get pretuned reward cars for leveling up which is too rewarding especially in beginning.

Which is no longer a thing in FM5/FH2. Though in all honesty, I miss how Affinity was handled in FM4. Free parts for a make by Level 4 was too easy, but I think free upgrades once, say, Level 25 hits, is a good idea.

AI is boring.

Excitement:

Career mode mostly has races and no night or rain. It's repetitive.

Races? In my career mode? Yeah, I can't stand that either.

Gt on the other hand makes you work hard.

No, GT makes you work, period. Boring, thoughtless grinding is not hard work, other than trying to muster the will to continue doing it.

I doubt that it's any different with fm5.

If we can base our comparisons on thinking how something will be without actually trying it, would it be acceptable to say GT7 will be the worst racing game in the series?

I just find GT more fun and premium than Forza.

You played one installment of one of the series, once. No wonder you prefer one over the other.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where races in a racing game was an actual complaint.

I don't know what to do with that information... wait, does this mean I can finally admit to not liking that I have to accelerate to gain speed?

Because grinding races to level up & buy certain cars isn't repetitive, either?
You become more skillful. Why's that bad?
Not a very good reward when the tunes that come on the cars are absolute garbage anyways. As if free cars is isolated to only Forza, though :rolleyes:

compared to what?

Who would have thought that the career mode has races?! This is new news! Either way, they are both repetitive and a grind, that's usually why people resort to money glitches on both games.
Tuning is free in Forza. Buying upgrades obviously isn't. I wouldn't call Speedster garbage.

AI in GT at least has some blood. Also FM4 AI is too fair and slow.

GT has licenses, missions, cofee breaks, drift attacks, Goodwood, moon, rally (well kind of) and edurance racing (24 minutes is still better than nothing). I find hundreds of 2/3/4 lap races in row very boring if I race them all the time. Yes Forza has some wierd missions but not special at all.

Forza team's biggest priority is cars. Tracks are good enough. PD actually improves physics, graphics, models, car list, gives free updates with free tracks/cars. PD isn't evil to put preorder, VIP and day one DLC's that cost 30$ (I can buy old XBOX and play 1st Forza on it). PD is slow but not evil like T10. Both games have microtransactions. PD made them too expensive so the priority is still on so called "grinding." PD appreciates skill. At least PD

I played Forza Horizon and FM4. Great games but in many sectors they fall behind GT5/6. And people still compare GT6 with all these next-gen games which is impressive.

I just dislike all these people "GT hez owful modelz, Forza hez better modelz, GT sux Forza rulz" type of people see. I dislike standard model quality too but that doesn't make Forza better. This is the main argument that Forza fanboys use. I hate it. There are also "GT has more cars so GT rules" people but not as much.

@Terronium-12 Your argument is stupid. GT is a simulator, racing genre is also called driving by many. So main focus isn't just racing it's drivng.

The races don't require any bit of skill. They aren't pushing you to your limits, and they definitely aren't giving you a run for your money.

Tuning is free in Forza. Buying upgrades obviously isn't. I wouldn't call Speedster garbage.
The upgrades added to the car are very minimal in price, as well as performance. The cars are kept in their respective class, just topped off slightly. Anything done to those cars by the game is always the worst set up you can do and you're better off removing the parts and adding something else. It is nothing to complain about.

What speedster?

Lol. Maybe you should check out that video that @SlipZtrEm posted.

GT has licenses, missions, cofee breaks, drift attacks, Goodwood, moon, rally (well kind of) and edurance racing (24 minutes is still better than nothing). I find hundreds of 2/3/4 lap races in row very boring if I race them all the time. Yes Forza has some wierd missions but not special at all.
And what makes GT's off brand races special that FM is lacking? Because honestly, other then the useless moon mission, I dont see a difference. I would say the only plus is the License testing

Forza team's biggest priority is cars. Tracks are good enough. PD actually improves physics, graphics, models, car list, gives free updates with free tracks/cars.
Forza does way more then what PD is doing, are you serious? Have you ever even looked into any of this bs your spouting? Everything you are saying PD does, FM does as well, but your bashing FM. It's obvious you aren't here because of experience, but more so just rather bash something just because you like something else.

PD isn't evil to put preorder, VIP and day one DLC's that cost 30$ (I can buy old XBOX and play 1st Forza on it). PD is slow but not evil like T10. Both games have microtransactions. PD made them too expensive so the priority is still on so called "grinding." PD appreciates skill. At least PD
Not for 30 bucks you cant. lol. Your statements are so far off that its laughable.

main-qimg-e48f89e79452f16bd1d6bafd1a970047

I played Forza Horizon and FM4. Great games but in many sectors they fall behind GT5/6. And people still compare GT6 with all these next-gen games which is impressive.
Care to get into detail with this statement? I'm already expecting you not to be able to back up anything with facts, as you've seem to not actually use any with your assumptions.

I just dislike all these people "GT hez owful modelz, Forza hez better modelz, GT sux Forza rulz" type of people see. I dislike standard model quality too but that doesn't make Forza better. This is the main argument that Forza fanboys use. I hate it. There are also "GT has more cars so GT rules" people but not as much.
So you hate it, but you do exactly the same thing that you hate. That's ironic.

Having to grind a race full of uncompetitive rolling chicanes doesn't improve my race craft. To suggest otherwise is hilarious.

I might learn the track more, but it's really do different from hotlapping.

Again, watch this:

It's strange to hear you call FM's AI "too fair and slow", though. Perhaps talk to @Tenacious D, since he's insistent they're a bunch of mindless rammers.

Forza has autocrosses, track day, drift event, multi-class races, and one-makes. Also, Top Gear specials.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Forza team's biggest priority is cars.

GT, a series riddled with duplicates for the purpose of numbers-padding, isn't?

PD actually improves physics, graphics, models, car list

T10 has done all of those things as well.

gives free updates with free tracks/cars.

Nope, T10 never does that.

That's ignoring the three free tracks FM5 got, with accompanying cars (Long Beach, Road America, Nurburgring). Or how every month has a free car.

PD isn't evil to put preorder, VIP and day one DLC's that cost 30$ (I can buy old XBOX and play 1st Forza on it). PD is slow but not evil like T10.

You expect to be taken seriously when handing out the "evil" tag? :lol:

That $30 figure you're using (which I assume refers to FM6 Ultimate) covers six monthly DLC's, plus VIP, plus a day one pack, plus early access. It's cheaper than buying those things separately.

Trying to save the consumer money? Evil.

Both games have microtransactions. PD made them too expensive so the priority is still on so called "grinding." PD appreciates skill. At least PD

Heh, never thought I'd see PD's overpriced microtransactions be defended as a good choice.

FM6 will have no microtransactions, BTW.

...and in many sectors, GT5/6 fall behind those games. Or FM5/6/FH2. Or, rather bizarrely, GT3/4.

That sort of discussion isn't happening here. I suggest looking for it on Youtube.

@Terronium-12 Your argument is stupid. GT is a simulator, racing genre is also called driving by many. So main focus isn't just racing it's drivng.

:lol:

AI in GT at least has some blood

If by "blood" you mean they'll slow down to let you pass then yes, they have blood.

Also FM4 AI is too fair and slow.

I'm sorry, but did you just critique the AI in Forza for being too fair? And as for slow I'll simply direct you to the above retort.

Are you purposely being obtuse to read your own words or do you actually believe these things?

Forza team's biggest priority is cars.

Let's pretend for one moment that there isn't a divine contrast between Forza's car count and Gran Turismo's, let's also pretend that GT's car count isn't padded – now, of the two Forza has a more diverse library, but my actual issue with this remark is... well, what should the priority be? Animals?

Forza can be better in utilizing racing disciplines more effectively but all of that falls into place as a direct result of the cars. Again, you're being obtuse.

PD is slow but not evil like T10.

Surely that must be why the paint chip DLC for GT5 was free right off the bat then? Oh wait a minute, it wasn't free and not only wasn't it free but it would have cost money for every subsequent use - that is, until it was changed because of the wholly justified outcry.

Both games have microtransactions. PD made them too expensive so the priority is still on so called "grinding." PD appreciates skill.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Or because – and it's important that you pay attention to this – GT5/6 are the only things that can be compared as there's no next (current) gen equivalent.

As opposed to your brilliant "Career mode mostly has races"? Imagine that, career mode in a racing game having mostly races - just what the hell were they thinking?

Do you frequent the drift and/or drag sections by any chance?

Last edited:
And what makes GT's off brand races special that FM is lacking? Because honestly, other then the useless moon mission, I dont see a difference. I would say the only plus is the License testing

Forza does way more then what PD is doing, are you serious? Have you ever even looked into any of this bs your spouting? Everything you are saying PD does, FM does as well, but your bashing FM. It's obvious you aren't here because of experience, but more so just rather bash something just because you like something else.

Not for 30 bucks you cant. lol. Your statements are so far off that its laughable.

Care to get into detail with this statement? I'm already expecting you not to be able to back up anything with facts, as you've seem to not actually use any with your assumptions.

So you hate it, but you do exactly the same thing that you hate. That's ironic.

I meant that you called FM rewards rubbish. Yet you get a muscle car that accelerated fast like 550 Maranello. Or that Opel Speedster, car with handling capabilities of a racing car. Actually they are too good.

Let's say that Forza 5 has secret rain races and night with stars.....

PD considers everything important. Yes Forza is updated all the time but mostly cars, and extremely expensive DLCs.
And Forza doesn't receive updates at all (at least with size and content of GT). Sorry but 40$ for 1/4 of a car list is too expensive.

I never said that I hate Forza. Or "GT has more cars it's better weeee."

@SlipZtrEm
GT is done with adding cars from previous games. There is a good reason why they need 6 months to properly model a car that will last 2 or even 3 generations. At least by the time PS5 comes, standards will be improved a lot and we won't have 500 removed cars. And hopefully we'll see SSR11, Seattle and more tracks be added. Yes there are few outdated tracks now like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, 2005 Sarthe but track list is quality over quantity. And don't get me started on weather and night.

And you will still have to pay more dollars for other DLCs. And don't get me started on FM4 GOTY edition.... In 2 years all DLCs will be unavailable for FM5 and FH2. But on the other hand that's when piracy comes in.

I'm still surprised that GT3 and GT4 or even GT2 do some things better than many current games.

PD considers everything important. Yes Forza is updated all the time but mostly cars, and extremely expensive DLCs.
And Forza doesn't receive updates at all (at least with size and content of GT). Sorry but 40$ for 1/4 of a car list is too expensive.
Yeah, I must've imagined the updates that revamped the economy, or the 3 free track add ons and multiple hot free cars.

I meant that you called FM rewards rubbish. Yet you get a muscle car that accelerated fast like 550 Maranello. Or that Opel Speedster, car with handling capabilities of a racing car. Actually they are too good.
No I didn't, I said that the tuning and parts added to them where, as it mostly chose speed over everything. The Opel speedster handling like a race car? You cant be more far off the truth.

Let's say that Forza 5 has secret rain races and night with stars.....

Where are you getting your prices from? Where are you getting your information from? Are you choosing to have to be blind?

I never said that I hate Forza. Or "GT has more cars it's better weeee."
I never said you said that.

@SlipZtrEm
GT is done with adding cars from previous games. There is a good reason why they need 6 months to properly model a car that will last 2 or even 3 generations. At least by the time PS5 comes, standards will be improved a lot and we won't have 500 removed cars.
So we have to wait around a decade for them to be able to get up to speed with a console that came out in 2013? There same 6 month time was quoted by T10 as well. The only content I can see lasting generations are the Premium modeled cars, and thats it. The other half of the list didn't last 1 generation before there was an outcry on it.

And hopefully we'll see SSR11, Seattle and more tracks be added. Yes there are few outdated tracks now like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, 2005 Sarthe but track list is quality over quantity. And don't get me started on weather and night.
And what exactly is the reason that makes you think that T10 isn't about quality over quantity? Content was cut because of the sole fact that they choose quality over quantity apparently, so what exactly are you complaining about?

Night and weather? You've already got yourself started plenty of times, so why stop now?

And you will still have to pay more dollars for other DLCs. And don't get me started on FM4 GOTY edition.... In 2 years all DLCs will be unavailable for FM5 and FH2. But on the other hand that's when piracy comes in.
You dont have to pay more dollars for anything, although you can if you see the value in it.

Unavailable? What are you talking about?

I'm still surprised that GT3 and GT4 or even GT2 do some things better than many current games.
From what I've heard, they've done better then its current iterations as well.

PD considers everything important.

Except, possibly, schedules. Or communicating with fans. Or getting the Course Maker out at anything approaching a reasonable clip. *

* - I'm being facetious. I don't know what PD does and doesn't consider important. And neither do you.

Yes Forza is updated all the time but mostly cars, and extremely expensive DLCs.

Show me another game with regular-interval DLC car packs for vastly cheaper than FM5/FH2. GT5 charged pretty much the same for cars. GT6 doesn't, but then again, there's been something like <10 non-VGT cars introduced since release.

And Forza doesn't receive updates at all (at least with size and content of GT).

Again, stop simply making things up. There are countless examples of this being untrue.

Forza doesn't receive undocumented changes that arbitrarily change PP levels, forcing tuners to completely re-evaluate their tunes, I'll give you that.

Sorry but 40$ for 1/4 of a car list is too expensive.

DLC will never be able to compare to the per-car-cost of the vehicles in-game at release. People who judge it on that are looking at it all wrong.

GT5 shipped with 1000 cars for $60. DLC cars? $1 per car, roughly. FM4 shipped with 500-ish cars for $60. DLC cars? $1 per car, roughly. Both games, going by the ratio the base game provides, rip players off for the DLC cars - GT arguably more so, really. But you're paying for early access, so that you don't have to wait for the next full instalment to try them.

Also, it shouldn't have to be said, but: DLC is optional. Don't like, don't buy.

@SlipZtrEm
GT is done with adding cars from previous games.

Odd, Kaz went on record saying Standards would return...

There is a good reason why they need 6 months to properly model a car that will last 2 or even 3 generations. At least by the time PS5 comes, standards will be improved a lot and we won't have 500 removed cars.

...are you suggesting they'll continue using PS2-era Standards all through the PS4 generation, until PS5?

For PD's sake, I hope you're wrong.

FM5 is 45 days away from the two year mark. FM4 is the same distance away from four years. The DLC for both games is still completely available... and I'm not sure why that matters anyways.

You're not alone.

Last edited:
PD considers everything important.

Until PD finally improves major flaws in GT like the AI and sounds, I refuse to believe this.

Yes Forza is updated all the time but mostly cars, and extremely expensive DLCs.

Can you stop exaggerating?

And Forza doesn't receive updates at all (at least with size and content of GT).

You know why? Because Turn 10 actually knows how to release a complete game, something PD really needs to start doing. Meanwhile, how's that course maker in GT6? Oh wait, you are still waiting for it after a year and 8 months since release and counting. At least people can depend on Turn 10 to release games and content within reasonable time frames.

@SlipZtrEm
At least by the time PS5 comes, standards will be improved a lot and we won't have 500 removed cars. And hopefully we'll see SSR11, Seattle and more tracks be added. Yes there are few outdated tracks now like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, 2005 Sarthe but track list is quality over quantity. And don't get me started on weather and night.

PS5? We know absolutely squat about GT7 on the PS4 and you want to talk about the PS5? :lol:

Also, what you're saying here is just wishful thinking at best.

What are you even saying here? FM4 and Horizon 1, are four and three years old respectively and their DLC is still available, so why would FM5 and FH2 be any different? When will you stop making things up?

Yes, they do things better than GT5/6 too.

Now let me do the math
Pre order car pack 4
Alpinestars 5
Furious 7 5
Rockstar Energy 5
Top Gear 5
Storm Expansion 20
Napa 5
Mobil 1 5
Falken 5

That's 59 $! For the ones who used season pass less. VIP also less. But still not that little.
All DLC's have about 60 (45 if we take out 2 free Porsches, Hondas, free single from each DLC and latest DLC) cars combined. Game itself haves like 270 combined. That's about 1/5 of a car list. It's still too expensive! I could buy another game with that money. GT never had something so expensive!
Have you people see any of improved standards? At least R380? It just needs interior and it's premium! I think that many standards are being built from scratch. I doubt it that they edited 300 SL PS2 model to get that quality.
Also for people complaining about standards also think that career mode needs 95% of races and that GT is racing game. I guess that model quality is less important then....
Now tell me what FM5 has over GT6 and vice versa. Without being subjective. Maybe 1 month wasn't enough for Forza. Altough I had more fun in GT4 in a week, but whatever.

Now let me do the math
Pre order car pack 4
Alpinestars 5
Furious 7 5
Rockstar Energy 5
Top Gear 5
Storm Expansion 20
Napa 5
Mobil 1 5
Falken 5

That's 59 $! For the ones who used season pass less. VIP also less. But still not that little.
All DLC's have about 60 (45 if we take out 2 free Porsches, Hondas, free single from each DLC and latest DLC) cars combined. Game itself haves like 270 combined. That's about 1/5 of a car list. It's still too expensive! I could buy another game with that money. GT never had something so expensive!
Have you people see any of improved standards? At least R380? It just needs interior and it's premium! I think that many standards are being built from scratch. I doubt it that they edited 300 SL PS2 model to get that quality.
Also for people complaining about standards also think that career mode needs 95% of races and that GT is racing game. I guess that model quality is less important then....
Now tell me what FM5 has over GT6 and vice versa. Without being subjective. Maybe 1 month wasn't enough for Forza. Altough I had more fun in GT4 in a week, but whatever.
Your math is wrong. Horizon 2 has 200 cars in the stock game. 108 cars are DLC. And you're forgetting one major thing - DLC is completely optional, not required for any modes or game completion. To complete the math Forza 6 is launching with more premium cars than GT6 has today.

Now let me do the math
Pre order car pack 4
Alpinestars 5
Furious 7 5
Rockstar Energy 5
Top Gear 5
Storm Expansion 20
Napa 5
Mobil 1 5
Falken 5

It's neither big, nor is it little, but one factor you need to consider is if its value is worth it to you yourself. You obviously don't think it is, but countless others do. So how is that a problem with the game that it's continuing to support its product? The fact that its optional also takes from your point as well.

All DLC's have about 60 (45 if we take out 2 free Porsches, Hondas, free single from each DLC and latest DLC) cars combined. Game itself haves like 270 combined. That's about 1/5 of a car list. It's still too expensive!
Again, to expensive for you? That's fine, don't buy it. No one is making you. The fact that you argue against actual DLC that is worth it, but don't bring up even a single post about the fact that that GT offered car paint, at a price. Yes, to paint your car different colors they opted to make you pay, rather then giving it to you.

T10 does have a lot of paid DLC, but they also offer so many free things too. How do you think that they are able to treat us with such things? That's because they are supporting the community that is giving them money.

I could buy another game with that money. GT never had something so expensive!
with GT, you got to pay for a prologue which is pretty much just a glorified demo to whats going to be. Still, if you don't find value in it, it doesn't make it a bad product.

Have you people see any of improved standards? At least R380? It just needs interior and it's premium!
Yes, I've seen improved standards. That are still in no way even close to the detail of a premium car. Inside and out.

I think that many standards are being built from scratch. I doubt it that they edited 300 SL PS2 model to get that quality.
That's exactly what they did, otherwise there wouldn't be able to tell a graphical difference between a top premium and an improved standard. In fact the name standard wouldn't even exist anymore if that was the case.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you explain it differently?

Wait, so you mean don't do what you're doing? :lol:

Now let me do the math
Pre order car pack 4
Alpinestars 5
Furious 7 5
Rockstar Energy 5
Top Gear 5
Storm Expansion 20
Napa 5
Mobil 1 5
Falken 5

All DLC's have about 60 (45 if we take out 2 free Porsches, Hondas, free single from each DLC and latest DLC) cars combined. Game itself haves like 270 combined. That's about 1/5 of a car list. It's still too expensive! I could buy another game with that money.

Apparently you don't like reading:

DLC will never be able to compare to the per-car-cost of the vehicles in-game at release. People who judge it on that are looking at it all wrong.

GT5 shipped with 1000 cars for $60. DLC cars? $1 per car, roughly. FM4 shipped with 500-ish cars for $60. DLC cars? $1 per car, roughly. Both games, going by the ratio the base game provides, rip players off for the DLC cars - GT arguably more so, really. But you're paying for early access, so that you don't have to wait for the next full instalment to try them.

Also, it shouldn't have to be said, but: DLC is optional. Don't like, don't buy.

GT never had something so expensive!

Yes it did. GT5's cars, racing pack excepted (since it was all based on existing vehicles), cost roughly $1 a car. So do Forza's.

That's ignoring the silly paint DLC that they released, where $2 got you 100 paint colours that were all one-use only. Wanted to use that one colour again? Nope, you'll have to spend real money for it. Show me where Forza has done that.

Not having an interior means it's still quite a way's behind the rest of the genre.

...what?

You realize races can be populated without Standards, right?

Much as GT has cars that Forza lacks, it works the other way. Driving a pre-war Maserati or a 60's F1 car is only possible in one of them. There's a livery editor. An easier way to share tunes. Different online racing options. An experience that's more consistent, visually. Better physics.

It's just stupid and wierd that you can buy game itself for 60$.
I mean if you buy GT for racing, shouldn't they care about RACING instead? Let them hate but your eyes are on the road and racing is the most important thing not model quality. I doubt it that when Supra gets premiumised it will be faster and better than the one we have now.
Wait, so you mean don't do what you're doing? :lol:
Explain this.

Much as GT has cars that Forza lacks, it works the other way. Driving a pre-war Maserati or a 60's F1 car is only possible in one of them. There's a livery editor. An easier way to share tunes. Different online racing options. An experience that's more consistent, visually. Better physics.
GT4 has 2 first cars on the planet, futuristic NIke, and others. Yes GT4 is dated but critics praised it in it's heyday like it was GTA.

Visually GT is behind because it's one generation behind. Or you're talking about menu designs lol

It's just stupid and wierd that you can buy game itself for 60$.
I mean if you buy GT for racing, shouldn't they care about RACING instead? Let them hate but your eyes are on the road and racing is the most important thing not model quality. I doubt it that when Supra gets premiumised it will be faster and better than the one we have now.
Model quality and graphics have been something that they've focused very hard on. I'm not sure why you'd be saying that. Features are implemented to look pretty, even though the hardware cant handle it. Their premium models are so high strung that they can qualify for next gen, but again that is going to hinder the game when multiple cars are introduced.

I'm confused at what is stupid or weird.

What's weird is that you haven't addressed any of our counter points, as if they don't exist and would rather choose to ignore them.. Even if it was you that brought it up.

Explain this.
Explain what? I didn't write that.

Visually GT is behind because it's one generation behind. Or you're talking about menu designs lol
How is that so, when they've already confirmed that they are keeping past gen assets? They are forcing them selves to stay one gen behind. Just like they did with this release, they chose to stay behind. I'm willing to bet that graphically premium's wont change much. The jump to next gen isn't going to automatically make it a godsend.

A big part of racing is the immersion. That's why decent graphics are important. There are many older PC simulators with better physics than Gran Turismo, but GT is more fun to play because the graphics allow you to actually feel like you're driving a real car in a real location instead of piloting some pixels along the black bit.

The human brain being a remarkable thing, it can adapt to consistently poor graphics reasonably well. If you have two poorly modelled cars on a poorly modelled track, you brain will make something of that. What it has a real tough time with is inconsistency. If you have a really high quality car on a high quality track with another very poor quality car as well your brain will notice the one that's out of place every single time. It breaks you out of any immersion you have, because your brain is yelling "wait, that thing doesn't fit with all the others".

Some people appear to be able to ignore this, or not see it at all, but for most of us it's just a truth. We can try and work around it, but a mixture of asset qualities is more distracting than a relatively consistent set.

Back