Aussies/Kiwis : Monday Night Racing

• Thread starter Rypien
  • 1,110 comments
Malc, Thanks for letting me know. Will try to be a bit earlier. You guys meeting up in the chat? Is there a way to flag you're kiwi/ozzie in the chat?? Didn't see any status type stuff.

I joined the chat from 10pm but no Kiwis/Ozzies. Had the most terrible few random races on Suzuka 4wd with people deliberately using me as siderail followed by them disconnecting at some point when they realized they were actually really crappy drivers and couldn't keep up if not bumping into everybody else..

Had only one good race on Suzuka with a non-GTP guy that didn't play like this was Ridge Racer *sigh*. I think minka<something> was his name. Good fella.

Hope to see you all next week, will try to be there earlier and appease the gods to give me TV time

M.

Thanks malc_an_ting for the races. But hopefully we can get a higher turnout. It was just us two! ;)

Sync'ing up in the PS3 chat room worked really well.

M.

Hey Mef,
Cheers, just a shame there wasn't a few more guys racing.
I still spend a little too much time going off the track though :ouch:

Yep, you overcooked it a few times. Just imagine you were really in that car and had to pay the repairs ;)

Looking forward to performance damage in GT5. That'll show the punters online..

M.

Quick question, has somebody found a NZ store to pre-order the GT5 special collectors edition?

Mightyape only has the standard edition. And they don't even state the updated Nov 2 Release Date that was given on E3, so maybe they are not on the ball on our most favourite game!

M.

Last edited:
The Nov2 release day is for north us. I think for Europe is the end of Nov, 24th? cant remember. I guess that could be the time for NZ as well.

The Nov2 release day is for north us. I think for Europe is the end of Nov, 24th? cant remember. I guess that could be the time for NZ as well.

Flights to the US are close than to Europe. You never know, maybe we get a Nov 2 release too :)

Who's up for Monday night racing tonight? I'll be on from 9.30ish or maybe earlier

If you're playing add me to your friends list so we can use the PS3 chat to coordinate.

PSN name: GTP_Mef

M.

Hey dude I may be on tonight too, has been awhile! Will add you on PSN and speak to you in chat.

Hey Manic, catch you for a game next time.

By the way looks like all the games are in the :00 and :30 Suzuka 550PP World Event now.

Had almost full grids every time I tried, and only 3 cars when I tried another event.

M.

I having problem login to my PSN on Monday night, keep dropping... Maybe next Monday.

I've been having PSN login issues too, for weeks.

One thing that (seemed) to help a bit is to login to PSN using my primary account. Then logout, change users on the PSD to my secondary GTP account, and join. Seemed to not loose PSN connection so frequently then.

I'm on TelstraClear by the way. Don't have internset issues usually so this may be related to PSN servers and TelstraClear having a problem with them (like with youtube)

M.

Well...it has been awhile...hoping to be back at home next week so it will be back into the groove.
I guess there will be another update by then.
Look forward to racing you guys then.

Going to double post as it's been a month since the last(eg: Dead thread!)

Hey guy's hoping to revive the MNR.....

Torc_Vrrm and myself will be circulating tonight so drop in for race or two:tup:

Hey Wayne

I'll post some events Thurs or Fri after the events update, for comment. Great title, the 'Last Gasp MNR, GT 5 Prologue'.

Looking forward, it will be fun and some new faces.

Ideal.

Thanks

Rob

Morning Rob
Last night was alittle confused but fun none the less..
Thanks to Luca120, Barf, Ripping, Vrrm for attending.
I was hot off the GT5 demo so more than amped for the competition.

Will be away down country until Friday so will hook up then.👍

Last Gasp MNR GT5P - Nov 2010

Start times - AU/NZ pm

7.30/9.30 - Fuji 700PP - GTR R35 and/or Open car choice (up to you)- open tune

7.55/9.55 - HSR 600PP - Evo10 - open tune

8.20/10.20 - Suzuka PP550 FWD - Integra R - S3 tyres only

8.55/10.55 - Eiger North PP550 RWD - Open choice car and tune

9.25/11.25 - Daytona Road - Corvette Z06 - fixed tune & tyres

Comments?

Last edited:
vrrmmm. I would be totally in, lineup and times are great.

But: injured my elbow so can't even lift my arm without pain :( Hope we can repeat this another day. GT5 is not due for a while :)

M.

sorry to hear about the injury mate, hope it mends soon. We will run the event series every Monday night in Nov until the event update. So join in anytime if recovered before then.

Rob

Hey ! just got back ... and this looks fantastic..have not seen a lineup like that in a longtime.

Can't seem to log into the PSN at the moment (under going maintenance?) so wiill try these events later on and give some comment...although i can't see why we should change anything!👍
hope the elbow clears up mate
cya

I may well make an appearance for MNR. The lineup looks fine, considering the rehashed events from months past.
If I had any quibbles it would be the one-make GTR R35 at Fuji. Hate the car. It would be nice to open it up to everything, ie Nurb GTR etc. I'm sure the R35 is unbeatable there at 700pp so no big deal if you want to drive something slower ?
I shall reserve my right to protest by not showing up for race 1 :)
I've not loaded GT5-P yet, but the 700PP @ Fuji has no drivetrain restrictions (ie AWD, FWD, RWD?) Even more reason to open it up in my opinion.

I was hot off the GT5 demo so more than amped for the competition............

Whats this J90? you've played a GT5 demo?? 👍

Last edited:
Hey Ripping..
The GT5 demo was at Armegeddon..and there was a competition for the fastest lap of the weekend.

I'm not sure how to post a link to the thread it's talked about on, but it makes for interesting reading.. hopefully will see you in race 2 after your protest ... no refusing to drink alright!

Here's the link to the GT5 at Armageddon Expo thread - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131583 - the thread gets interesting around page 2 since page 1 is mainly banter but the whole thread is worth a read anyway because it's only 3 pages long.

Would've been up for some close and competitive racing tonight if I didn't have the flu 👍.

By the way this is long overdue but I was meant to turn up for the Friday race evening you guys set up a number of months ago after the Oz/NZ GT Academy Nationals. I ended up being a no show because my friend who I borrowed the PS3 from for the GT Academy Time Trial demo asked for it back...

I've since bought my own PS3 so I'd be up for some online racing with a few quick local drivers in the future if you guys don't mind!

Regards,
Luis

Here's the link to the GT5 at Armageddon Expo thread - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131583 - the thread gets interesting around page 2 since page 1 is mainly banter but the whole thread is worth a read anyway because it's only 3 pages long.

Would've been up for some close and competitive racing tonight if I didn't have the flu 👍.

By the way this is long overdue but I was meant to turn up for the Friday race evening you guys set up a number of months ago after the Oz/NZ GT Academy Nationals. I ended up being a no show because my friend who I borrowed the PS3 from for the GT Academy Time Trial demo asked for it back...

I've since bought my own PS3 so I'd be up for some online racing with a few quick local drivers in the future if you guys don't mind!

Regards,
Luis

Ok, read the thread, initially disappointed i didn't hear about the demo being there, but after reading the whole 3 pages, very glad I didn't go. Sounds like a bit of a farce, I would have stayed on the practise setups and run the 'ring all day.
But as far as racing goes Luis, there is always space on the grid. Get into it.

And a quick thanks to those I raced tonight in MNR. I see I have some practise to catch up on to have a sniff of the front. Very quick driving Vrrm, Tizzla, JoeNinety and lucag120. cheers for the racing.

Was an excellent night.
GTR35 - wish i had the ability to film that race as I followed Vrrm & Tizz swapping the lead until a last lap clash sent them off gifting me a sneaky win.

Evo10 - Great tune from Paulie helped me run with Tizz for most of the race until a silly mistake allowed Lucag120 to slip into second.

Integra - Thought i had learnt how to drive this car but pushed to hard creating a massive spin out of 130R - caught up to Ripping who battled me all the way to the line(well i have lodged a complaint!)

RX7(Eiger) - what can i say - i got nothing!

Z06 - Took Vrrm out coming into T1 and never recovered but still great fun to drive.

Thanks guy's..Prolouge has still got some life left in the old girl.👍

Back