Australian Tuning League - ZR1 09 Race Car - SeriesFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 221 comments
I said sorry, what else do you want me to do? And besides, what rule did I break?

Your disqualification stands and will not be reverted.

You should study the below image as you will be surprised how far in life it will get you.

image.jpg

Gentleman,

Round 3 of the ZR1 series takes us to the Ascari circuit located in Southern Spain.

ROUND 3 - 13/06/2014
View attachment 168931

TRACK: Ascari Full Track LAPS: 28
Friday Night 8:30pm EST

image-jpg.153455

Ascari Race Resort

In 2000, Ascari began developing a racetrack near Ronda, in southern Spain. The track includes recreations of famous corners from other tracks around the world, and may be set up as one long track, three separate short tracks or a combination. The full track is approximately 5.5 km in length. By 2002 the three part track was finished and accompanied by a high-end resort, with several road and racing cars available to members to test, including former Formula One machinery. The resort operates a membership based system. Members are able to make use of pits and storage garages for their cars at the resort. The resort does also operate a few weekend open days to the public, including visits of the facilities and track experience days in Lotus Elises, BMW 325i and Radicals.

Hey Phil,

Good to have you back on the track M8. How did you go in the Karts ?

Hi mate, pretty good . . . retained my Over 40's TAG/R Heavy No. 1 Plate!! In Clubman Heavy we had speed but no luck - ran as high as 5th but dnf'ed the pre-final and final . . . thants Racing! Good fun though . . . Cheers

Gentleman,

Round 3 of the ZR1 series takes us to the Ascari circuit located in Southern Spain.

ROUND 3 - 13/06/2014

image-jpg.168931

TRACK: Ascari Full Track LAPS: 28

Friday Night 8:30pm EST

Proxy Host : nasanu

image-jpg.153455

Ascari Race Resort

In 2000, Ascari began developing a racetrack near Ronda, in southern Spain. The track includes recreations of famous corners from other tracks around the world, and may be set up as one long track, three separate short tracks or a combination. The full track is approximately 5.5 km in length. By 2002 the three part track was finished and accompanied by a high-end resort, with several road and racing cars available to members to test, including former Formula One machinery. The resort operates a membership based system. Members are able to make use of pits and storage garages for their cars at the resort. The resort does also operate a few weekend open days to the public, including visits of the facilities and track experience days in Lotus Elises, BMW 325i and Radicals.

Is it too late to join tonight? Ive already got a car in yellow #95. I was gonna test for Monday nights Super GT race but i'll race this if i can

Sorry Lads my wonderful HELLSTRA connection dropped out :banghead:

What happens to you nas on lap 3 or 4 I think I saw your car on to of a tree or something or may be I'm having flashbacks from my youth days lol ?

I will see you all on Moday night.

Yeah i dc'd as well sorry. Thats twice i've disconnected at Ascari 3-5 laps into a race... Was running 2nd with some front right damage as well, i could still get it around track at a decent pace so i thought i'd keep going. Sounds like i would've taken the lead too :banghead: :( 👎

As @VENDALISM said, I will see everyone on monday :gtpflag:

What happens to you nas on lap 3 or 4 I think I saw your car on to of a tree or something or may be I'm having flashbacks from my youth days lol ?

Yeah lol, thats how most of my races at Ascari go. When I passed Pawel I had nobody to follow anymore and forgot what turn I was at. I thought I was coming up to one of the full throttle turns so I didnt brake and just went off into the grass at high speed. By the time I stopped I was in a garden facing a wall (with the wall being the reason why I stopped lol), had to reverse out and rejoin the track and pit for damage. I almost did the same thing again in reverse towards the end of the race. I had just lapped gazmonator on the back straight and I thought the next corner I had to brake for but it was one of the flat out sections. He must of thought I was nuts lapping then brake testing him. No matter how many laps I do there I still sometimes get the corners mixed up. My lazy brain needs more detail to tell them apart.

I am really surprised I was on the pace. That is the first ever race I have won on that track. I expect to be about 2-3 seconds a lap down for the first half of the race, down to < 1 second by the end. Never thought I'd be just a 10th off Pawel's best lap.

Wish we had a few more finishers, it was an enjoyable race for the most part.

Yeah lol, thats how most of my races at Ascari go. When I passed Pawel I had nobody to follow anymore and forgot what turn I was at. I thought I was coming up to one of the full throttle turns so I didnt brake and just went off into the grass at high speed. By the time I stopped I was in a garden facing a wall (with the wall being the reason why I stopped lol), had to reverse out and rejoin the track and pit for damage. I almost did the same thing again in reverse towards the end of the race. I had just lapped gazmonator on the back straight and I thought the next corner I had to brake for but it was one of the flat out sections. He must of thought I was nuts lapping then brake testing him. No matter how many laps I do there I still sometimes get the corners mixed up. My lazy brain needs more detail to tell them apart.

I am really surprised I was on the pace. That is the first ever race I have won on that track. I expect to be about 2-3 seconds a lap down for the first half of the race, down to < 1 second by the end. Never thought I'd be just a 10th off Pawel's best lap.

Wish we had a few more finishers, it was an enjoyable race for the most part.

I personally have not driven more than a few laps on this circuit prior our race, but I must say it has a very good layout and flow too it once you start to familiarise your self with it.

Last edited:
Gents,

We are about to launch ATL's 3rd season Championship details this weekend, but before we do this we would like to give you the opportunity to sign up before we go public as there will only be 16 spots available.

Please note there will be a bit more of a fun factor in this 3rd season as we have disabled FULL DAMAGE and incorporated some new regulations.

Full details will be posted on ATL's season 3 GTPLANET thread this weekend.

Please note if you do sign up make sure you are able to race every Monday night for 14 consecutive weeks.

The race car for the 3rd season is the : 1985 LOTUS 97T F1 CAR

image.jpg

Going to have to practice with my wheel more before this race. The new update totally changed the FFB for the t500, feels like a different game.

Although I'm not officially down on the entry list I will be unable to race the next 2 weeks as I'm leaving to go to Melbourne for the weekend tonight and then I've got an event I have to go to next Friday night

Going to have to practice with my wheel more before this race. The new update totally changed the FFB for the t500, feels like a different game.

I thought my G27 was playing up last night but now I know it's the update... :irked:

Back