Autoblog was too dumb to post new E-class shots, so I'm posting them here instead

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 28 comments
  • 1,370 views
E-Klassen are such great cars. My mom has a 06 W211. It is a fantastic car to drive. I like it better than my dad's Magnum SRT8.:lol:

This car looks like a cross between a new SL and a CLC. Very good.:)
 
The angle of the back kind of gives off a S-Class feel, but that may be the camo.
 
Those new headlights Mercedes is putting on their cars really don't sit well with me. The C-class looked great, but the CLS, SL and now it looks like the E just aren't that great. Maybe it's just that they put an angular face on a car that seems like it should be smooth.

And it could just be me but those taillights look to be pretty triangular in shape. It'll be interesting to see how Mercedes makes that work, if at all.

And I really hope that bend in the line between the front fender and the doors is just the camo :yuck:.
 
Boy, looks like it’s pretty much going to be a conglomerate of every other car they already make.

BTW, any store with the word “hardware” in its title shouldn’t look that nice.
 
Those new headlights Mercedes is putting on their cars really don't sit well with me. The C-class looked great, but the CLS, SL and now it looks like the E just aren't that great. Maybe it's just that they put an angular face on a car that seems like it should be smooth.

And it could just be me but those taillights look to be pretty triangular in shape. It'll be interesting to see how Mercedes makes that work, if at all.

And I really hope that bend in the line between the front fender and the doors is just the camo :yuck:.

i too despise the lights. ewwwwww.


and as for the exagerrated fenders, why? they dont belong on a standard sedan. perhaps for an AMG model.

mercedes is losing the plot again, after seeming to find it with the quality.
 
It looks nice so far, but I can't really say that for sure with all that tape.

The traffic cone on the left has been clearly abused.
 
Hmmm, I was being told that the new look would have "square" headlights. Damn you for lying to me Car and Driver!

Nevertheless, its a Mercedes, so it will be a wonderful creation when it finally arrives. I just hope they keep the AMG wheels circa 1997 as an option.
 
Nice shots!

The rear lights look more like a Maybach to my eyes, but the rest is almost the same for Mercedes-Benz.
 
Autoblog only bothers with halfassed stuff now it seems, I send them photos all the time of different cars that they never do anything with. The Opel OPC on the roads here in Michigan didn't get them excited even though it was pretty clear they were testing it for Saturn.
 
I really hope they ditch the separate headlights. :yuck: I can't stand them. They remind me of the 210, and that's a bad thing.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful car, if not an amalgamation of everything else they make. Extra credit if they sell it with the decade old AMG wheels, as Brad pointed out.

Double extra credit if they offer Monoblocks...
 
Thanks for those exclusive shots! :)

I have always liked the E.... and it seems to be looking quite good going back to an 80's style..

The rear lights look like they are going to end up similar to the rear seen on the new c class coupe... Those kind of light clusters scream 80's style Merc! :sly:

New_CLC_1_Large.jpg


Robin
 
Robin.
I have always liked the E.... and it seems to be looking quite good going back to an 80's style..

!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 80s Mercs.

:D

Wait.. don't tell me that the W212 will have no semblance of acceleration between 0 and 25, have no cupholders, and easily cracked wood trim.

Yet why am I still excited about this idea?
 
Is there actually going to be a new C-class coupe?

Yup, its offically called the CLC takes all the best from the C-Class saloon and chops the rear end off..:sly: I really can't get over how good the back looks on it!

Sorry for the image largeness...

002.jpg

mercedes-clc.jpg

mercedes_clc_coupe_2.jpg

Mercedes_CLC.jpg


Robin
 
Awesome 👍 Although if I were you I'd stick a proper watermark over it before another site does - it's all too easy to chop your name off the bottom.
 
Yup, its offically called the CLC takes all the best from the C-Class saloon and chops the rear end off..:sly: I really can't get over how good the back looks on it!

Not strictly true. The CLC is a C-Class Coupe with a facelift and updated engines, nothing more. It even shares the same interior, just with a newer Merc steering wheel.

It does look good, but for me it's a bit disappointing compared to the C-class coupe as the back end is now like any other modern Merc, and not distinctive like the previous car.

Great spyshots Doug 👍 Just about the clearest spyshots I've ever seen! I remember being on holiday in about 2000 and seeing a disguised Mercedes (R230 model designation) SL, around a year before it was released. Gutted I never got a picture of it at the time! Our local Mazda dealer also once had the Mazda6 MPS (/Mazdaspeed) around 6 months before it was officially released. No idea why I didn't get a pic of that one :dunce:
 
Have you tried Jalopnik? Usually they take reader submissions a bit more often than Autoblog...
 
The front? Meh. The back? 👍. Although I see a Lexus.
 
Not strictly true. The CLC is a C-Class Coupe with a facelift and updated engines, nothing more. It even shares the same interior, just with a newer Merc steering wheel.
Exactly. Some more info.

Mercedes essentially went to the Saab 9-5 school of thinking when updating the car.
 
Will the W212 E Class have the infernal separate headlights? I cant find anything on that topic other than photoshops.
 
I'm surprised Mercedes is doing another C-class coupe after the unfortunate vehicle that was the first one. Is it going to be sold here?

I can't see it on the US Merc website but if they sold the original there then I'd be surprised if they didn't sell the CLC, unless the sales of the original were poor.

The new vehicle is apparently better, though personally I think it's lost some of the design flair and interesting touches with the facelift.

I have an Autocar magazine with a road test of the CLC220 CDi Sport, they give it 3/5 stars and place it 4th in class, behind the 1-series coupe, Audi TT and Volvo C30, but ahead of the Alfa Romeo GT. Their recommendation is to sacrifice the glamour of the coupe and just buy the regular C-class.
 
Last edited:
I take it that means they were... in the UK sales weren't too bad so I wasn't sure. Guess you won't be getting the CLC then!
 
I swear to god I saw a totally covered Merc just like that at Las Vegas. I was like WTF is a camo car doing on les vegas strip?

heat testing maybe?
 
Back