AWD 600PP London - xx:00 / :20 / :40 / - Race of the Red Emblem

• Thread starter nissman
  • 532 comments
No intentions of continuing this, i'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on as i cannot really see a new thread being productive and allowed to stay open

Some fun racing going on here tonight. Finally breaking in to the low 1'50's and becoming competitive versus other GTP'ers :cheers:

Yeah, last race was a good one 👍

:lol: Yeah, three cars fighting for that spot on the straight and I saw an opening to the right and just flew past :P

Thanks to all racers tonight, guess we'll see eachother another night 👍

some fair driving right there 👍 I'm a bit occupied here right now, but can someone please give him the link for the ORL rules.

By the way, last night i tried getting into a race for for the event here, but everytime i got the error message saying i couldnt connection to the host, then i tried :30 and it worked, then :50, again error, everytime for this event i kept getting errors. Anybody else in the same boat?

Chris

some fair driving right there 👍 I'm a bit occupied here right now, but can someone please give him the link for the ORL rules.

I disagree to be honest with you. Some of the following and overtaking from Holdenhsvgtsr is awful. Lack of respect and over aggressive for a fun race.

Holdenhsvgtsr as far as Im aware (not sure if there has been a rule change mid-way through this thread), but this is an R34 event. If your going to race on these times, buy an R34 and use it, not an STi. Respect the event your racing in.

Please read through the OLR (found here) as your driving will benefit from it. I dont mind offering advice but currently your driving is over aggressive and poor.

I disagree to be honest with you. Some of the following and overtaking from Holdenhsvgtsr is awful. Lack of respect and over aggressive for a fun race.

Jack, my post was completely sarcastic :D thats why i asked someone to show him the ORL rules ;)

Chris

:lol: Sorry, just woken up so my eyes arent working :sly:

:lol: i know what you are talking about :D , anyways, i just tried again connecting to the event at the given times and i keep getting the error messages!! Is someone blocking IP's for some private races like mentioned by TEAM GT Italy?

Any other timings work fine, 700PP works, 800PP works, just not the race of the red emblem! :crazy:

Chris

Worked ok for me last night. I know chunkee_monkey was selected as host a few times and then got DC'd right at the start, maybe you were just unlucky picking those slots. Shame as there was some really good racing between about 7 and 9 (GMT), maybe catch you on their with the R34 soon.

edit:just read your post again and see your talking about today, not sure what that is, I'll try in a couple of hours when I finish work and let you know how I got on

Last edited:
I'll be racing tonight 👍

If you don´t mind i´ll be joining you with a R34.

Racing with the Sti even not using the bug, is descusting.

I always regret to be driving it when i find you on the grid and it probably will happen the same as soon as i´ll have to battle dirty ones using the R34. lol

Crazy tortise i think i hit you the other day, if i remember well on the entrance to the parabolic, sorry mate, no intention at all.

P.D.: Two days ago, driving with a few of GTros and some spanish non tagged we all had lots of problems with the server. For like 30-40 minutes (mid night spanish time) ,again and again "conection lost""error" and having to shutdown and come in again.

Last edited:
By the way, last night i tried getting into a race for for the event here, but everytime i got the error message saying i couldnt connection to the host, then i tried :30 and it worked, then :50, again error, everytime for this event i kept getting errors. Anybody else in the same boat?

Hey Chris, have you opened the port used by GT5P (assuming you have a router)?

Gran Turismo Website
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue online uses the following ports for communication with game servers. If you experience problems connecting to online races, you may want to check the status of these ports in your router or firewall to see if they are being blocked or filtered. Your router instruction manual or manufacturer will be able to assist you with opening these ports up.

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080

• UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100

[Note: Make sure to enable these TCP/UDP ports in BOTH directions and are entered into the TCP and UDP port fields in your router / modem.]

If both the host and the player have the ports opened there shouldn't be a problem. If either the host or the player have the ports closed there might be some problems and if none of them have any ports open they will not be able to connect to eachother.

I hope I haven't stated the obvious for you, but I had the same problem when I got the game and opening the ports solved my problem completely. :)

Crazy tortise i think i hit you the other day, if i remember well on the entrance to the parabolic, sorry mate, no intention at all.

Its all good mate 👍 In racing you have the unintentional bump so dont worry about it. Just dont make it a habbit :lol: I dont mind if you join in the racing tonigh 👍 The more the merrier

How so? i have over 100bhp less than the other cars how do you expect me to overtake? sadly unlike nfs i dont have NAWZZZ to help me along therefore have to overtake in the corners and under brakes (oh my god the horror!!!!) :rolleyes: for some reason no one i have raced has complained in fact several gtp members that i have raced have sent me a message afterwards saying good race nothing about me being overaggressive.

Holdenhsvgtsr as far as Im aware (not sure if there has been a rule change mid-way through this thread), but this is an R34 event. If your going to race on these times, buy an R34 and use it, not an STi. Respect the event your racing in.
Strange just went to the car choice screen and your right you can pick and R34 for this race......you can also pick an impreza....evo.....tt.....gtr...hmm R34 only event? might wanna tell PD that :rolleyes: and i dont always race at these times unless your stalking my internet and know otherwise?

Please read through the OLR (found here) as your driving will benefit from it. I dont mind offering advice but currently your driving is over aggressive and poor.
Have you read the rules? They say EXPECTED which IS a Request not an order therefore i do not have to follow them rather i have the choice to also goes on about a GTP tag which i dont have,in fact watch the first video youll see another GTP tagged member with an impreza. Not my fault the car understeers if you watch you will see the steering wheel is still fully turned even when the car is wide and if it affect me PD's penalty system would have sorted that out.

At the end of the day its only a game :rolleyes:

Not my fault the car understeers if you watch you will see the steering wheel is still fully turned even when the car is wide...

Tuning works wonders... either teach yourself or visit a garage... and bye bye understeer.....

How so? i have over 100bhp less than the other cars how do you expect me to overtake? sadly unlike nfs i dont have NAWZZZ to help me along therefore have to overtake in the corners and under brakes (oh my god the horror!!!!) :rolleyes: for some reason no one i have raced has complained in fact several gtp members that i have raced have sent me a message afterwards saying good race nothing about me being overaggressive.

Strange just went to the car choice screen and your right you can pick and R34 for this race......you can also pick an impreza....evo.....tt.....gtr...hmm R34 only event? might wanna tell PD that :rolleyes: and i dont always race at these times unless your stalking my internet and know otherwise?

Have you read the rules? They say EXPECTED which IS a Request not an order therefore i do not have to follow them rather i have the choice to also goes on about a GTP tag which i dont have,in fact watch the first video youll see another GTP tagged member with an impreza. Not my fault the car understeers if you watch you will see the steering wheel is still fully turned even when the car is wide and if it affect me PD's penalty system would have sorted that out.

At the end of the day its only a game :rolleyes:

Although I addressed your driving I wasnt calling you out in anyway, more involving everyone in the Event. Pointing out this is an R34 setup racing event. If you want to race the STi, feel free to create a new thread with different time to this one. They have setup this race to use R34 and have close battles with the same car, not a car that has clear strengths and weakness at different parts of the track. That goes for anyone who chooses a different car to race these times.

Now for the OLR part. If you choose to visit these forums and take part in such race meets, we expect you and anybody else, to stick to the rules. Not only is it good manner but it suits everyone in having a clean driving style. If you dont want to drive clean then please dont race in our events people take time to setup. We expect all tagged and non tagged member who are active in race meets to stick to these rules.

Ive seen a number of drivers do what you do on track so take this a constructive and with me addressing everyone, not just you.

Fuji is a very wide track, which can make for very good racing, driven properly. Although this is the case it can also lead to very bad racing if respect of other peoples lines isnt shown. There are so many different lines you can take on the latter part of the circuit that you need to leave a bigger gap than say Suzuka, if your following.

Take the final turn as an example. The racing line is to hang wide, turn in late, meet the apex and exit with maximum speed setting you up for the mile straight. What you do is see the guy move out wide (referring to this video - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3453240&postcount=461) at 1.39 and dive down the inside. At this stage you have no right to be doing it. You are 5 car lengths behind and he is taking the racing line.

You then take a tight line and are no way near the apex of the corner. This either causes the car taking the racing line to either be punted wide or (as it happened in this case) to move well offline to aviod the punt and lose speed with time down the main straight.

This can happen and does happen at all the corners on Fuji due to the track being so wide. It would benefit you more to stay behind the car infront and draft down that main straight, not to upset their rythem let them and yourself lose time and then to be passed anyway down the main straight.

When making a pass on somebody respect and assess what line they are going to take. Follow with care around Fuji. As the rules state a sufficient overlap or atleast being along side the driver infront must occur, before attempting to make the pass. This only really happens at 2 places at Fuji if mistakes arent made. This is at turn 1 and the braking zone into the chicance.

Also using the run off area is prohibited. Do not use the big run off areas to benefit your lap. You gain more speed and more braking performance by using them and it shouldnt happen when taking part in these events.

Back to addressing Holdenhsvgtsr. If you wish for me to point out factors in your video that can be improved please PM me. If not take the advice and use it online.

Jack

Tuning works wonders... either teach yourself or visit a garage... and bye bye understeer.....

It is set up on the advice from a 3 time F1 champion,a 2 time BTCC champion and another BTCC driver,its fast enough and i prefer an understeering car,in the words of a WRC champion and 2 BTCC champions if in doubt power out,cant do that with an oversteering car.

Back to addressing Holdenhsvgtsr. If you wish for me to point out factors in your video that can be improved please PM me.
Jack

Maybe the image quality? but that should be better when i get my recorder back :)

It is set up on the advice from a 3 time F1 champion,a 2 time BTCC champion and another BTCC driver,its fast enough and i prefer an understeering car,in the words of a WRC champion and 2 BTCC champions if in doubt power out,cant do that with an oversteering car.

UH huh.... :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate?

Chris

oh and by the way, this Thread is here to discuss races from this event. not about some other things because that would be Off topic

Not to question your driving ability or the help you have had in setting this up, but there are faster cars out there, the Evo's have been known to do 47's even 46's.

Maybe it's worth starting a new race thread in here, racing both models of the Subi's, I'd even tag along for some races as me and Swe_1 had a blast using the 05 model

Back