[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

• Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
For those of you who enjoy group chats like on Skype but would rather not reveal your personal details, I have set up an unofficial chat server just for MTP on the Discord service. The really nice thing about Discord is that you can join with a browser rather than the dedicated PC or mobile apps.

To join and start chatting, go click on this link. You will need to verify your email before you can use the text or voice channels.

STARtec Banner.png

Shooting for the Stars: STARtec Development Reveal!
TSUKUBA CIRCUIT, JAPAN - STARtec DEVELOPMENTS have been hard at work with their Formula B-Spec machine, and after tedious months of engineering, scouting, and training, the time is finally here for the Japanese team to reveal their car for Season 3.

STARtec are new comers to the open wheel racing scene, but are poised to make a huge impression in the series, fielding a Honda-powered car being driven by none other than Sebastien Ogier, 3 time WRC World Champion and guest driver in Porsche Supercup.

"We're gonna kick some butt with this dude who whips Volkswagens in the middle of nowhere!!!" Team Director, Haruhi Suzumiya exclaimed, "It took a ton of persuasion and a lot of money to get this guy here, but once we told him that there would be gravel traps to run in, he took the offer up right away! I hope he knows each shortcut in every track!"

"I have many expectations that I must meet within the team." A serious Ogier stated during the Tsukuba reveal party. "First of all, many believe that my rallying efforts will not seamlessly transfer into open wheel racing. I have a ton of confidence in my driving to prove my critics wrong, but to do that, I will need to put up good results. With Startec, I have trust in the team to give me a fast car every race, and their trust corresponds to me piloting the car."

Lead engineer, Ayako Nana, put in her thoughts for the season ahead.

"We have a very good handling car this season, as private testing has revealed. With the combination of the Honda engine and our chassis development, we could be more likely to have better results at the most technical tracks. However, we are afraid that the engine might be just a bit too underpowered compared to the rest of the field. Only time will tell!"

Minutes after the interview, the team principal and Ogier lifted off the covers of the #44 STARtec DEVELOPMENTS machine.

rFactor 2016-05-30 17-16-26-900.png

rFactor 2016-05-30 17-16-30-687.png

rFactor 2016-05-30 17-16-39-070.png

na7dOFr.jpg

GLOBAL RACING LEAGUES ANNOUNCES COLLABORATION WITH MTP

After several weeks of conversing with the Council of Motorsport Team Principals (MTP), the Global Racing Authority (the governing body for GRL) is proud to announce a technical partnership. The main details include a complete unification of the Sports Car racing ladder, including all-new vehicle homologation from numerous world-class manufacturers. Technical regulations for the various cars which will compete in these classes have been rebuilt from the ground up, and are designed with a set of standards in mind. The collaboration will allow competitors in MTP to transfer setup data as well as vehicle liveries over to GRL (and vice versa) with little effort. "To be able to compete in both GRL and MTP's Endurance series seamlessly is a huge boon for many teams - and a relief on our budgets," said team principal Haruna Tsuchigami of Tsuchigami no Kyojin, Honda's Works Team in GRL's GT Endurance PRO division.

Global Racing Leagues would like to announce that the following vehicles will be available for selection in Endurance events across both governing bodies in their defined divisions.
Aston-Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW Z4 GT3 (E89 generation)
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
Ford GT GT3 (first generation)
Honda NSX-R Gr.3 (NA2 generation)
Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 GT3
McLaren 650S GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3 (R35 generation)
Porsche 997 GT3-R (2013 revision)
SRT Viper GTS-R
Toyota Supra HV-R Gr.3 (A80 generation)
Aston-Martin DBR9 GT1
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R Gr.1
Honda HSV-010 Gr.1
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Maserati MC12 GT1
McLaren F1 GTR Longtail Gr.1
Nissan GT-R Gr.1 (R35 generation)
Saleen S7-R GT1
Acura ARX-02a
Audi R18
Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Porsche 919
Toyota TS040

Out-of-Character: And now, to show off my League as well, since @Earth's opening post mentions GRL a lot. Click the poster to be taken to the Global Racing League forums. Special thanks to @Rebellion765, who created the logo for a contest held on the forum.

Last edited:
Gotta manually type out the tags to get the mentioned notification (At least you didn't type out mine as I only got the replied notification)

Gotta manually type out the tags to get the mentioned notification (At least you didn't type out mine as I only got the replied notification)
Fixed, should have everyone here tagged properly now.

The Starion car is done, save for a few quirks, but we'll not be showing it off. It's not that good and we're rushing to make the plane.

I'm open for livery creation help if anyone needs it. Will post a "sample" of what I'm capable of later.

If whoever makes my car makes this
EFnwMYD.jpg

I'll be happy. For the yellow, use the hex code CEFF01, aside from that it's up to you :lol:

I did the original, but I probably won't be able to get to my computer for a little while. If I do though, I can try to find the "Swift Autosport" logo for it and whoever takes this on for you.

Back