[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
  • 31,357 views
allstarreveal.jpg

Allstar Racing Reveals Season 3 Livery
Circuit du Jerez, Spain
​

While the rest of the teams prepared for day 2 of testing, Allstar Racing officially presented it's Season 3 livery to the public in the pitlane at Jerez. Team Principal Jim Mills and driver Sara Hockenheim pulled the covers off the AR-3, revealing a striking asymmetrical black and white livery.
profile.png

rear.png
side.png
Jim Mills spoke of his expectations for the season ahead: "I'm really excited for this season, it's going to be by far the most competitive yet. Every team on the grid is more than capable of fighting in the top 10, which puts a lot of pressure on everyone to perform at their best. We've assembled a strong team of engineers, and Sara's speed and experience are matched only by her enthusiasm. If we can get on top of the car setup I see no reason why we can't score some good results."

Driver Sara Hockenheim was her usual enthusiastic self: "I'm so excited to get the season started! Allstar Racing is a fun team to drive for, and the car looks quick! I'm going to try and make my Weissy-poo proud!"

Lead Engineer (and Aperture Scientist) Nate Winslow spoke about developing the car: "It's a neat car, lots of power from the Ferrari engine and a decent chassis. Our complex suspension system may be more of a hindrance than a help though, we're a bit overwhelmed right now. We had to make some special adjustments to allow for Sara's... generous assets, but that shouldn't hurt performance too much. The car should be capable of a top 10 at every track."

Aperture Laboratories (Science Innovation)
Haribo (Confectionery)
Waifuhunters (Japanese Culture Blog)
Hoyne (Brewery)
Gamp (Sportswear)
The Tragically Hip (Band)
Technical Partners
Bridgestone (Tires)
Ferrari (Engines)
 
I'm working on a car design because it's tragic to me that I can't use my awesome, asymmetrical scheme because the template doesn't allow that. I'm working on something akin to my old cars using the *new* Hot Wheels scheme that's like blue and orange now and boring by comparison.

Plus there's the fact That I've been very busy this week with summer vacay and people being unable to come up with a concise plan for a day but that's just me :sly::lol:

I'm gonna work on a scheme next week, I think I'll be fine without the testing (I hope lol).
 
I'm just hoping that testing WON'T be the high-point of the season this go-round. Earth's the only one who's seen my car of yet, but I'm thinking about tweaking it as well. Just need to think of something fitting.
 
I'm working on a car design because it's tragic to me that I can't use my awesome, asymmetrical scheme because the template doesn't allow that. I'm working on something akin to my old cars using the *new* Hot Wheels scheme that's like blue and orange now and boring by comparison.

I don't know, @aarror 's car seems to prove otherwise. I can't grasp how, considering how funky as hell this template is.

Also, I've kinda already started on a testing scheme for you :lol: If you aren't worried about testing, then I won't finish it.

Still have yet to hear anything from @Harsk100 (The only one, apart from me and Swift that would leave). Those test cars should be completed soon and, possibly, shown to you guys.
 
I don't know, @aarror 's car seems to prove otherwise. I can't grasp how, considering how funky as hell this template is.
A lot of swearing and beer and late nights. It might have caused me to go insane, which would explain some of my sponsors...
 
Team Pezzarinho Press Statements

Perry Brown:
"A great first day but we can't get ahead of ourselves this early in the season. Our rivals will close the gap quickly if we stand still so we have as much, if not more, work to do. We have a lot of top people working here and it is testament to them all that we are quick out of the box. Fernando has settled in to the fold immediately too and everyone is relishing having his input into the season."

Fernando Alonso:
"I think we have taken care with every detail we can to do well and I am confident that we can do well, but there is no doubt that the competitors are very strong and it is not like they have just been watching TV over these days. There are some good ideas inside the car and everything is designed to be looking for maximum performance - I don’t think that is any different to any other team, though. We need to be honest with ourselves; we know that we are Pezzarinho and we know that we are fighting to be on the top level, with our sponsors and everyone expecting Pezzarinho to win."
 
Team Pezzarinho Press Statements

Perry Brown:
"The changes we made were for comparison purposes, so today has been extremely valuable. I am surprised to see we have gone quicker, but it is just testing so you can't read too much into the times. Seeing McGill Racing post a competitive time confirms what we said about our rivals not standing still, and it will be interesting heading to the first race neck and neck."

Fernando Alonso:
"I feel comfortable in the car already, it is a good feeling this early on. We were running some back to back testing today and yesterday, so I think we have learnt a lot here in Spain. We have 20 days to look everything over now and be ready for Australia. I'm excited to be representing Pezzarinho in what looks like a straight fight between former Formula B Spec Champions. We'll be wary for the others though!"
 
Seth Smith:
"We were unable to change the setup to the car for today's test due to reasons out of everyone's control. That's all I can say right now. We'll see everyone in Australia."

Sebastian Buemi:
"No Comment"
 
Made a lot of changes and got a similar time.

Maybe it needed less downforce, who knows, but almost a second behind the other two is alarming.

We all need to team up to get a setup that competes with McGill and Pezza :lol:

Back to the drawing board
 
Black Rose Racing Statement on Jerez:

Evangeline Porter: "Decided against participating in the tests here in Jerez. Taking more of an observant approach before we showcase Simona in the car at the beginning of the season. We'll hit the ground running, I'm sure. Maybe not immediate race wins, but certainly points on the board."
 
McGill Racing statement:

"A better improvement from the first test from being 13th to 1st but it shows more work needs to be done as our rivals will keep improving throughout the season."
 
Australian Grand Prix
June 26, 2016
_________________________________

oedWwA7.jpg



    • Setups are Due before the countdown Timer Expires
    • This information will be added to the first post

Practice
<Countdown Timer>

Qualifying - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah
<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

Race (58 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

*Notice the event begins as soon as the countdown timer reaches zero.

Strategy Options

  • 3 stops
  • 2 stops
  • 1 stop

Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne
3.296 miles / 5.303 kilometers
______________________________________________________________


latest

______________________________________________________________

Preview Lap

______________________________________________________________


​

Whoops, used wrong tags

Heres the right tags

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Last edited:
Im having an issue with helmets

pezzarinho and aarror's helmets show up fine in game, but the helmets of others and any I make show up in game like the brightness has been turned to +100 or they've been waxed to death. Its so bad a deep blue looks purple, etc

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
 
Last edited:
Im having an issue with helmets

pezzarinho an aarror's helmets show up fine in game, but the helmets of others and any I make show up in game like the brightness has been turned to +100 or they've been waxed to death. Its so bad a deep blue looks purple, etc

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
Alpha layer is messed up. If you're using Photoshop, go see the Channels window, it will show Red, Green, Blue and Alpha. If the Alpha layer is painted white, you'll have the waxed effect while in-game, and a black layer will give you a matte effect. You need to find the setting that suit your needs.
 
Alpha layer is messed up. If you're using Photoshop, go see the Channels window, it will show Red, Green, Blue and Alpha. If the Alpha layer is painted white, you'll have the waxed effect while in-game, and a black layer will give you a matte effect. You need to find the setting that suit your needs.

I'll check mine when I get home
 
My alpha layer is a dark grey. I can't seem to save the layer as an image though for reference. I can post .psd files somewhere if that helps though?
 
Alpha layer is messed up. If you're using Photoshop, go see the Channels window, it will show Red, Green, Blue and Alpha. If the Alpha layer is painted white, you'll have the waxed effect while in-game, and a black layer will give you a matte effect. You need to find the setting that suit your needs.
My alpha layer is a dark grey. I can't seem to save the layer as an image though for reference. I can post .psd files somewhere if that helps though?
I'm on GIMP, how do you change the color of the alpha channel? Mine is white, but all I can seem to do is add channels.
 
I'm on GIMP, how do you change the color of the alpha channel? Mine is white, but all I can seem to do is add channels.
It's pretty complicated. Go to your channels tab and make a copy of your alpha channel. Then go to your layers tab and right click on your visible/flattened layer and choose add layer mask. You should be given the option to choose the copied alpha channel. You will then see a second box appear beside your layer (in your layers tab) that is white. This is your alpha channel layer. Select that box (it will have a white outline) and bucket fill a dark grey colour. The darker the shade of grey, the more matte your paint will be. Then export as a DXT5 .dds and you should be good to go. If that doesn't work for some reason (or if I didn't make it clear enough) let me know. Worst case scenario you can send the helmet to me and I can do it for you.
 
New Qualifying and race times.

They're very unfriendly to those in Europe or elsewhere but its the only way I can get the race done this weekend without delaying it. Expect China to have a similar race start time as I have plans next weekend too in another city, then we'll go back to the regular 11AM New York 4PM London Start time for the rest of the races.

Also, please let me know in the private conversation which pit strategy you want.
You have until the race starts to decide. You can choose 1, 2, or 3 stops. With 3 stops you carry the lightest fuel and go faster, but you have to stop 3 times. With 1 stop you carry the most fuel and go slower, but you only have to stop once. 2 stops is inbetween.

Qualifying - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah
<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

Race (58 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Last edited:
Agaton Team takes Wraps off New Challenger​

vPgVvbq.jpg


fAZoiIh.jpg

nVUVXwa.jpg

g7k51BS.jpg

Barcelona, Spain

With less then a week to go before the first race of the new Formula B-Spec season, the Agaton team announces they will be fielding a second openwheel program in addition to their Straight Talk Indycar Series team.

"The decision to go racing in FBS with the backing of Ford was was an easy one," said the team Principal. "I think the whole world saw the Ford GT powered by Ecoboost dominate Le Mans, and the top speed advantage they had, particularly over the Ferraris."

The signing of Franck Montagny was controversial, but the Team Principal did not see what all the fuss was about. "We believe in giving good people another chance. Thats why we brought Franck onboard." Montagny seemed grateful for the opportunity. "To be given another chance, at this level, is a massive opportunity. The competition will be close and intense, but the team is up to the task."

The team is based in Athens, Greece.

Sponsors
AMD
Bosch
Bridgestone
DC Films Wonder Woman
DMG Mori
Dovetail Games
Emirates Airlines
Ford Performance
Mobil 1
Valvoline

Engine
V10 Ford Cosworth Ecoboost

Tires
Bridgestone

Chassis
Ferrari

Team Principal
@Earth
 
Last edited:
Dragon Grand Prix and HRSC to unveil liveries for 2017 this week

Dragon Grand Prix and fellow Mercedes Team HRSC have shown up at testing in interim Liveries. Both will unveil their full season colors this Wednesday in Melbourne at 1:00 PM AEST (10:00 PM) CST_ as part of the opening festivities for the opening round of FBS Season 3.
 
Last edited:
Agaton Team takes Wraps off New Challenger​

vPgVvbq.jpg


fAZoiIh.jpg

nVUVXwa.jpg

g7k51BS.jpg

Barcelona, Spain

With less then a week to go before the first race of the new Formula B-Spec season, the Agaton team announces they will be fielding a second openwheel program in addition to their Straight Talk Indycar Series team.

"The decision to go racing in FBS with the backing of Ford was was an easy one," said the team Principal. "I think the whole world saw the Ford GT powered by Ecoboost dominate Le Mans, and the top speed advantage they had, particularly over the Ferraris."

The signing of Franck Montagny was controversial, but the Team Principal did not see what all the fuss was about. "We believe in giving good people another chance. Thats why we brought Franck onboard." Montagny seemed grateful for the opportunity. "To be given another chance, at this level, is a massive opportunity. The competition will be close and intense, but the team is up to the task."

The team is based in Athens, Greece.

Sponsors
AMD
Bosch
Bridgestone
DC Films Wonder Woman
Dovetail Games
Emirates Airlines
Ford Performance
Mobil 1
Valvoline

Engine
V10 Ford Cosworth Ecoboost

Tires
Bridgestone

Chassis
Ferrari

Team Principal
@Earth

Light blue highlights - Check
Dark grey features - Check
Comic Book sponsor - Check

Pezzarinho B-Team confirmed :D
 
Light blue highlights - Check
Dark grey features - Check
Comic Book sponsor - Check

Pezzarinho B-Team confirmed :D


Who do you think you are, Red Bull Racing? :lol:
 
Only in their most dominant years.... :sly:

Happy to review all applications for Scuderia Pezzarinho in future!
 
Bugging you guys with tags again

Qualifying and race times have changed AGAIN, this time back to where they were at first, 11AM New York/4PM London. My schedule for the future is not set and ever changing, but we'll get a race in every weekend, preferably at this start time.

Qualifying - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah
<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

Race (58 laps) - LIVE* on twitch.tv/alphicah

<Countdown Timer> (11AM New York City, 4PM London)

HQM69yT.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
With the addition of so many strong teams this season, the competition has reached a whole new level. We're looking to score at least 1 podium, and aiming for Top 8 in the championship. That seems pretty optimistic going from the testing results, but I'm hoping as the season goes on we can figure out how to make the car quicker.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Easier templates next time! :lol: I'll wait until Season 3 is done before answering this, I'd like to see how the new additions work out first.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Sara is determined to do well on her namesake track Hockenheimring, and with it also being the home event for one of our key sponsors Haribo we want to be fighting up front.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Yes. Since we don't have the ultimate pace of the top teams we should have focused on either fast or slow tracks, instead of compromising. That way we could focus all of our efforts on a couple of races to try and get a big result. (Confession: I actually have no idea what my choices were, so this could be totally wrong).

geZfNQG.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Win

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Well my next series is going to be the first multi class NR2003 B-Spec, so I guess that will improve B-Spec Racing in general

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Any of them, getting a Win is my main goal

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Should have gone with someone better than Suarez for the Driver

Gp4MwpY.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Win the championship.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
None I can think of as of now.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Monza.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Not yet and hopefully it stays thay way.

TxNMxPo.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
"Having taken the title in Season 1 and finished runner up in Season 2, we will only be happy reclaiming the championship in Season 3.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
It would be good to see some continuation between seasons. The records book are the only recollection of this not being the debut season.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Naturally our home race will be very important so we are glad to be going back to Silverstone once more. Mercedes will want us to perform at Hockenheim though, and Fernando may have preferred a true home race in Spain somewhere!

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
I think I rushed 1 decision, but it is done now and could pay off later. Testing seems to suggest we are going to be amongst the front runners though so we seem to have done a lot right!"

zgg1UbO.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
"The goal for the season is to be competitive as we possibly can throughout it's length. Being a new team, I can't guarantee wins every race, but we'll totally be on the podium a few times, no doubts about that."

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
"I honestly think commentary would totally improve the atmosphere of the races in general, but it would have to be done right in order to absolutely grip the viewers. However this is not really necessary and is only for flavour and excitement."

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
"I'd love to see what we can do at Suzuka and Monaco. Suzuka is obviously the team's home circuit so it will be important to try and steal thunder from the other Japanese teams who will obviously be trying their hardest to impress the homecrowd (plus it's the finale), but I am confident that the way our car is built that we can totally tough the tight streets of Monaco."

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
"None at all. I knew the disadvantages coming into terms with Honda and with our development strategy, but I know it's the best way to go."


@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
Back