[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
  • 31,357 views
Dragon Grand Prix and HRSC to unveil liveries for 2017 today

Dragon Grand Prix and fellow Mercedes Team HRSC have shown up at testing in interim Liveries. Both will unveil their full season colors today in Melbourne at 3:30 PM AEST (12:30 AM CST) as part of the opening festivities of the Season opener
 
Last edited:
Dragon Grand Prix and HRSC to unveil liveries for 2017 today

Dragon Grand Prix and fellow Mercedes Team HRSC have shown up at testing in interim Liveries. Both will unveil their full season colors today in Melbourne at 3:30 PM AEST (12:30 AM CST) as part of the opening festivities of the Season opener

Unforseen issues force delay of team presentations

Due to an situation involving both cars in customs, the presentation that was originally scheduled for Wednesday has been moved to Thursday 10:00 PM AEST (1:00 PM CST). Also joining them will be the Blazing Impulse Racing team, who will be arriving two hours before the presentation.
 
Last edited:
0gneUuN.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
I want to win. It would be nice to win the championship.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
I think it's really good right now. I like the way it's heading.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Spa,It's my favorite circuit in the world so it would nice to win.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No, I may have some regrets in the middle of the season.

HiZdmir.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Honestly there is no real goal for this season. We're just focused on doing our best at every event we race at.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Not currently.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Well obviously I'd like my team to perform best at every Grand Prix. But if I had to choose one it would have to be either Monaco or Circuit of the Americas. Monaco for its history and CotA for the simple fact it's the teams backyard.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
My only regret is not getting to test out the second setup for the car. But like I said in my post test conference what happened was out of everyone's hands.

dSt3UGy.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Team goals: not suck and maybe maybe maaybe, win a race.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Improve FBS specifically? I don't think it can be done unless you decided to go 10 extra miles and added in sponsors as a source of income and made it possible to go totally bankrupt. Improving B-Spec overall, copy your procedures, paste in every other series.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Best GP: 2 answers, where I want them to do well is closest to home in America, where I think we'll be best is in Monaco because it's heavy on cornering and the car is very light.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Regrets: not really, mostly because the only thing I remember about what I picked was my engine. Hopefully whatever I picked can get on the podium at least once.

tJNFyC7.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Our goal for this season is to win at least one race, and place in the top five in points at the end of the year. If our pace in testing shows anything, it's that we'll be in contention for many wins and the championship at the end of the season as well.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
FBS and B-Spec right now are really great, and I don't believe I would do anything else if I could because it's just that great.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
We hope to do best at the Japanese Grand Prix, as it is our home race, for both the team and our main sponsor, Okuma. The United States Grand Prix is also high on the list because it is Jordan's home race.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No regrets whatsoever. The car is performing where we want it to, right at the top of the leaderboards.

yEopsYg.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
This is my second time trying B-Spec racing (the first is GRL), I don't know much about open wheel cars setups and stuff like that, so I'm expecting to get more experience and maybe grab some good results. Learn is the main goal.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
I can't think of anything at the moment...

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Monaco, Belgium or Japan.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
Just a bit, but this will surely help me in setups for the upcoming races.
 
Valterri Bottas Keeps Testing Form in Australia

jUc9KSv.jpg


Morning Practice
95Xw2pR.png


Afternoon Practice
oZNkntw.png

​
+ Blazing Impulse Racing and HRSC Racing were at the track, but the teams did not have their cars prepared in time for practice

+ The Hoonigan Racing Division Team was not at the track, leaving their participation in doubt for the Australian Grand Prix



@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
 
The Osaka-based Blazing Impulse Racing was in the garage for Melbourne, but did not turn laps in Friday practice. As a result, Romain Grosjean was forced to simply watch the timing monitors while the car was being put together. "We had a few setbacks. We were late with getting certain parts for the car shipped in, which is why we are putting the car together today. We should be ready for tomorrow however." Team principal Sakura Ishibashi said on Friday evening following FP2.
 
Turns out Driver Ability's pretty important :lol:, I feel like my setup's on the @Pezzarinho17 level, Suarez just doesn't have Alonso's ability
 
Katherine Legge's thoughts after practice:

"The car definitely felt better after a few tweaks. I'm really excited for this upcoming race; it's looking like a very close gap in the few cars behind, but hopefully we'll stay consistent to the race and no trouble comes our way. I just wish the best of luck to my team and all of the other competitors."

Team manager's thoughts after practice:

"Very unexpected, but good results for the practice. I'm more than satisfied with the practice results, and hopefully we'll keep it up and going in the race itself."
 
Following a successful practice day that saw Sara Hockenheim set the 6th fastest time, Allstar Racing manager Jim Mills took time to talk to the media:

"I'm quite pleased with how we performed today, a top 6 time is a great way to start off the season. But we won't be resting on our laurels, we're going to make some significant changes with the goal of closing the gap in qualifying. There's no reason to play it safe this early in the season, so we'll be throwing setups at the car to see what sticks. We now have a decent baseline so worst case scenario we'll just revert to this setup for the race."
 
SRF's Media Statement- "We tried something for these two practices and it didn't work so back to the drawing board. We feel that a Top 10 is possible.
 
"I'm the fastest!........ Cosworth." - Hinch

Work to be done here for certain.
 
Team Pezzarinho Press Statements

Perry Brown:
"I'm glad to see our decent pace has carried over from testing and was not circuit specific. We have some trial parts to run in qualifying, hopefully they tip the balance in our favour rather than towards McGill Racing. As expected, the rest of the teams are closing the gap to the top so we need to capitalise on Sunday."

Fernando Alonso:
"Melbourne is very different to Jerez, so I am glad to be still at the front. It could go either way from here so I will need to make sure I am 100% because pole position might decide our race."
 
McGill Racing press statement.

It's good to see the team is retaining it's form from testing. Bottas says the car is feeling responsive and quick so we are hoping he can get a good result for qualifying.
 
Oh 🤬 I completely forgot about the deadline. Gonna be pulling a fast one tonight, that's for sure.
 
Okuma Motorsports Reflects on Practice

Thoughts from Hideyoshi Okuma: "Very, very happy with the pace we have in the car headed into the weekend. The setup is near perfect, so I am hoping that we can just tweak it a bit and gain a few tenths."

Thoughts from Jordan Taylor: "Y'know, I'm really glad we have a fast, fast car. I think we are proving that the test day was most definitely not a fluke. Also, very thankful for all of the Juicy Juice my fans have brought me so far. It'll help to keep me energized and hydrated, so that's good."
 
There car is there, it's capable of getting a top 3 finish, the team got some great information that hopefully will translate into being on pace with the top teams
We've shortened the gap between the two top teams, but also the other teams got closer to us, we're working on the setup we brought, and we should secure a top 3 qualifying result.
 
Ro9AGjp.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Team goals this season are simply show we belong. Too many laughable showings, we need to prove we're going for all we can.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
No ideas off the cuff.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
COTA IS our home track. To win would be sweet anywhere, to win there would be euphoric.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No. We aren't the worst and we have an idea where the car may lead us.

Ei5hjsV.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Finish 5th or above, it's possible and we are going to work hard for it.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Not really.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Leaning towards Monaco, but I also want to have great results at high speed tracks, like China and Hockenheimring.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No, we were in the top 3 and we now have a really good setup for tracks similar to Jerez.

f3ZOrvI.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
I'm not expecting the team to win every race by any means; however, at least making a mark in the standings is something that is realistically possible to go for.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Nothing I can think of at the moment, no.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Monza has always been one of my favorites, but for the most part a good performance is always great at any race, really.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
I feel like we had a straight-line advantage, but the corners weren't doing it for us. A grippier setup is what I wished we had set up during testing.

IFlQKla.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Our main goal is to win the championship, but with the quality of the competition that is going to be a difficult task. We would call the season a success if we can get a win or two and be in contention for the title at the end of the season.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
If its possible, adding some other varieties of motorsport like sprint cars or rallycross.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Obviously the US Grand Prix since its our home race, but I would really love to win at Monaco.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
None at all.

3s9Wy9n.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
I think our team goals are modest. 7th in the final standings and hopefully a podium.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
I think Monaco is probably our best shot at a win. It's a roulette spin and we like gambling.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
I think we'll be fine. We adopted a monkey see, monkey do strategy so I think we'll be okay.
 
Last edited:
Ro9AGjp.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Team goals this season are simply show we belong. Too many laughable showings, we need to prove we're going for all we can.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
No ideas off the cuff.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
COTA IS our home track. To win would be sweet anywhere, to win there would be euphoric.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No. We aren't the worst and we have an idea where the car may lead us.

Ei5hjsV.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Finish 5th or above, it's possible and we are going to work hard for it.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Not really.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Leaning towards Monaco, but I also want to have great results at high speed tracks, like China and Hockenheimring.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
No, we were in the top 3 and we now have a really good setup for tracks similar to Jerez.

f3ZOrvI.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
I'm not expecting the team to win every race by any means; however, at least making a mark in the standings is something that is realistically possible to go for.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
Nothing I can think of at the moment, no.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Monza has always been one of my favorites, but for the most part a good performance is always great at any race, really.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
I feel like we had a straight-line advantage, but the corners weren't doing it for us. A grippier setup is what I wished we had set up during testing.

IFlQKla.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
Our main goal is to win the championship, but with the quality of the competition that is going to be a difficult task. We would call the season a success if we can get a win or two and be in contention for the title at the end of the season.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
If its possible, adding some other varieties of motorsport like sprint cars or rallycross.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
Obviously the US Grand Prix since its our home race, but I would really love to win at Monaco.

Do you have any regrets with how you built your car after the test?
None at all.

3s9Wy9n.jpg


What are your team's goals this season?
I think our team goals are modest. 7th in the final standings and hopefully a podium.

Do you have any ideas for improving FBS or B-Spec racing in general?
I think Monaco is probably our best shot at a win. It's a roulette spin and we like gambling.

Which Grand Prix would you like your team to perform best at?
I think we'll be fine. We adopted a monkey see, monkey do strategy so I think we'll be okay.
You mixed up the questions I answered.
 
Heres an announcement of an announcement

Bad news first, after FBS3 there wont be any more MTP events in 2016. I just dont have the time and the fall/winter is when alot of new games will be released that people will want to play. Therse also Holidays, etc etc. And I dont want to risk a burnout for me or the participants. Instead I'm going to focus on the future.

2017 Plans for MTP will be discussed in detail July 13th, just before the Monaco Grand Prix. After the announcement the restriction of just one driver per team will be lifted. Its important the announcement comes first because its better if you understand what type of events your drivers can compete in before you hire them. For example a gold rated driver might not qualify to race in a certain class. (its actually a bit more complicated then that, but easy to understand)

There was actually more I wanted to add to FBS3 but couldnt for a variety of reasons (MTP's creation was very time consuming), but the improvement will see the light of day in FBS4. So heres a teaser of sorts for additions each season has seen

FBS 1
Custom Setups

FBS 2
Pit Strategy
Engine Choices

FBS 3
MTP
Minimal Car Customization

FBS 4
???

The day I run out of new, interesting things to add is the day I'll stop doing this

Also qualifying starts in about 5 hours. Its the only qualifying session that I'll stream

<Countdown Timer>
 
Was I still not able to send you the Top template? I could've sworn I did.
 
There will be no press releases from Team Pezzarinho after todays qualifying session.
 
Back