B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Here's my take.

B-Spec remote racing is too involved to be useful on its own. Without automation, you have to do quite a lot of work to set up a race, and there isn't a lot of payout for that work. If you keep an eye on the window and continue setting up races all day, then you might earn enough for a couple of supercars by the end of the day.

With automation, the game extends beyond GT5 and the Remote Race site. With the help of a strong community, it turns into a lucrative way to get lots of cars. It also helps foster online friendships between enthusiasts of the game, which might not have occurred otherwise — it's a chore to start Remote Races the official way.

There's no question that B-Spec Grinder waters down some of the replay value of GT5. But there's so much to collect in the game that you'll be playing for months on end if you want to get everything without it. And the community aspect, I think, outweighs the downsides as well.

( Its been 2 days since he released any updates to his work on the browser Extension, stupid 4th of july :) holidays. )

Sorry, I've been really busy in my personal life for the past couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Ta Ricky
Not a problem just Know lots of readers will be to lazy to read your update page. ( Even though it only takes 3 mouse clicks. To bookmark it. )
Ive noticed that the website b-spec friends list is way faster than ever before and the PS3 which chugs along.
Does the web site now cache your friends data or is that just chromium being a bad browser. ive looked at me web traffic and there is none (or its so small its just a few bits) while selecting drivers.

Last edited:
US and GB sites are still working when i login.
snapshot38.png

(Can't run the widget at the moment family members borrowed the XP laptop)

The B-Spec grinder widget ain't working, the gran-turismo.com website works ok.

The widget uses the same APIs as the web site.
For the widget to stop working its normaly...
1 The web site you login to being down. NOT the case if you can log out and login again.
2 Changes to the Website APIs, Not the case As other users are still widgeting.
3 Yahoo bugs (The reason for the change to browser extension )

Now if its 1-2 There would be Nobody online with the widget that uses the same site.
3 would mean a lot more people not being able to use the widget. There would be alot more people saying the widget does not work.
Give it a day to see if more Users lose the widget.

If you 've never had the Widget working then its your local set up.

Last edited:

use a different browser, mine wasn't working last night using IE so tried chrome and works :)

:dunce: just re-read post. saw this somewhere else on here, open psn and login the gran-turismo.com in another tab the setup PS3.

think it was in b-spec FAQ. good luck

Last edited:
Yonis, I just had a quick thought about 'the next step'. I think not supporting IE is fine since even the gran-turismo website doesn't (unofficially).

Here's my take.

B-Spec remote racing is too involved to be useful on its own. Without automation, you have to do quite a lot of work to set up a race, and there isn't a lot of payout for that work. If you keep an eye on the window and continue setting up races all day, then you might earn enough for a couple of supercars by the end of the day.

With automation, the game extends beyond GT5 and the Remote Race site. With the help of a strong community, it turns into a lucrative way to get lots of cars. It also helps foster online friendships between enthusiasts of the game, which might not have occurred otherwise — it's a chore to start Remote Races the official way.

There's no question that B-Spec Grinder waters down some of the replay value of GT5. But there's so much to collect in the game that you'll be playing for months on end if you want to get everything without it. And the community aspect, I think, outweighs the downsides as well.

Spot on yonis.

Without your widget, remote racing would've been completely useless.

Thanks!!

I've tried changing everything people have said to on here and the widget won't fill my grid still. I know the drivers are available because if I quit I can do it manually fine. I have about 10 friends put on it to race so that's 50 drivers for the widget to pick from to fill 15 spots. Any other way round this or do I need to just add more people?

What settings are you using?
How many of your friends are in the different sections (always, randomly/reciprocate/never) and are the numbers of drivers shown next to your friends?

I've tried all the different thread and delay settings, and I've put my drivers in loads of different configurations and changed how many drivers to leave free. It sometimes get into double figures but most of the time it puts about 6 drivers in a race and sometimes 2! I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong but at the moment I'm better off doing the races manually and it's driving me mad!!

is there a beta chrome/firefox extension for grinding available? I'd love to run it on my Linux machine since it's low power and always on.

is there a beta chrome/firefox extension for grinding available? I'd love to run it on my Linux machine since it's low power and always on.

Not quite yet. I've only just started work on it!

Yonis,

Let me start bysaying thanks for the widget and I love it.

I have a suggestion. How about adding a counter to the widget that will allow it to run a chosen number of races and then wait to be restarted. Would be great for those of us who use it to grind through the Used Car lot. Could set it to run 5 races. Pause. Give us a chance to peruse the the lot, buy what we want, and then restart the grinding for another 5. Set it to unlimted for those who don't want to have it pause.

Thanks
KO

@ Yonis.

Hi !

Can we know the current settings, default settings, for "Reciprocate" mode ?
- exactly Reciprocate @ 1 to 1.
- tolerance / difference @ + 5
- tolerance / difference @ + 10
Over the 50 last races on GranTurismo.com log... ?

Thanks for your clarification.

I have a suggestion. How about adding a counter to the widget that will allow it to run a chosen number of races and then wait to be restarted.

Wouldn't be a hard thing to add, I'll think about it.

Can we know the current settings, default settings, for "Reciprocate" mode ?

The Widget fetches the log before every race. It associates each of your drivers with a friend and assigns a count to them. For example, if friend A runs 2 races, once with 4 of your drivers and another time with 3 drivers, then it gives that friend a count of 7. Then the Widget sorts the list by that number, and goes through it one by one, reserving random numbers of drivers between 1 and however many it can reserve based on how many are drivers are free at that time and how many you've set to leave free. If the Widget runs out of open slots before it gets to the bottom of the list, then those last few friends are kind of screwed.

The count is random because the Widget currently does not keep a running tally of each race and how many races need to be done to catch up. The browser extension will address that problem when it's done.

Can someone help me please, i'm useless!! I've got the widget running and have stopped my lap-top going to sleep but it won't stay connected to the gt site when i leave it so the widget stops. I'm using safari to run the gt site because windows doesn't work.

I've been trying the widget out and after a few races it settled down and it ran the drivers i wanted to be run.

First few races it was ging off with maybe only 8 cars and no fav drivers, but after a while it got its head on straight :P

The FF extension will be so cool though.

This is not working for me... What am i doing wrong?

I can login, i can see Stats of my Drivers, my Cash and so on. But im not able to start a race.

It stays some seconds on Reserving Drivers, switches to Starting Race and a few seconds later it says Race Ended.

Tried to login with Austria, Germany and US.. Always the same problem.

My machine: Core i7-2600k, 8gb, vertex3 ssd, win7 x64

As browser i tried the IE9 and the FF5.

Hope you can help me :/

crang08, Can someone help me please, i'm useless!! I've got the widget running and have stopped my lap-top going to sleep but it won't stay connected to the gt site when i leave it so the widget stops. I'm using safari to run the gt site because windows doesn't work.

If I close my laptop or put it to sleep using the menu item, the widget stops. If it goes to sleep on its own, the widget keeps running.

Last 3-4 days I've been getting messages about security certificates. It's directly related to the Grinder.

8eed11af.jpg

If I click 'Yes'...
19c13640.jpg

A few details:
There are usually several instances of this alert.
I have "Temporary Server Issue" message in the Grinder when alerts are displayed. I've seen it pop up right after the Grinder gets situated.
If I view the certificate and then install it, I need to do so with each instance.
We have the Grinder running for myself and my daughter's account, 2nd PC is fine. We have been running the Grinders for a few weeks with no problems.
I am not using Windoze Firewall, my gateway has it built in.

What should I do?

Last 3-4 days I've been getting messages about security certificates. It's directly related to the Grinder.

The error is about the certificate not matching its hostname. Check to make sure that the system isn't being redirected through to another location whenever you try to load a webpage.

Also check to make sure that the system's clock is not set past November 17th, as that's when the certificate for us.gran-turismo.com expires.

Other than that, I have no ideas.

A few details:
There are usually several instances of this alert.
I have "Temporary Server Issue" message in the Grinder when alerts are displayed. I've seen it pop up right after the Grinder gets situated.
If I view the certificate and then install it, I need to do so with each instance.
We have the Grinder running for myself and my daughter's account, 2nd PC is fine. We have been running the Grinders for a few weeks with no problems.
I am not using Windoze Firewall, my gateway has it built in.

What should I do?

Are you using IE as default browser? Don't.

frason
Are you using IE as default browser? Don't.

Haven't used a browser at all. Just the widget and my PS3. The only thing I use IE for are M$ updates. I was weened from that toxic teat years ago ;)

Back