B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Hey guys hoping you can help.

When i first installed the widget it tried to connected, but i didn't have a driver online.
However now when i run the widget all i get is the black box with the black oval inside and it does't do anything.
Any Ideas??

Hey guys hoping you can help.

When i first installed the widget it tried to connected, but i didn't have a driver online.
However now when i run the widget all i get is the black box with the black oval inside and it does't do anything.
Any Ideas??

r u in remote standy by on ur ps3 first?

Yep :)

Anyone else use it on a netbook?? i dont think it should be the problem

Check your display settings (disable aero if it's enabled and so on), and post the log from the debug window here and we might be able to find what the issue is (if there is one).

aero, whats that lol

debugging mode says:
10/01/11 14:25:26.103: == Widget loaded. ===========================
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget

aero, whats that lol

debugging mode says:
10/01/11 14:25:26.103: == Widget loaded. ===========================
JSON.parse (JSON.js: Line 28)
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Widgets\B-Spec Grinder.widget

Reinstall Yahoo! Widgets, and the grinder widget.
Try with another computer.

Reinstall Yahoo! Widgets, and the grinder widget.
Try with another computer.

Working :D reinstalling the grinder didn't do it, but reinstalling yahoo did. Now lets hope i dont have to reinstall it everytime lol.

Cheers for the help :)

I made an alias account to be my main widgeting account and the widget says 1/1 drivers in use..... I have no friends online.

What to do?

Last edited:
I made an alias account to be my main widgeting account and the widget says 1/1 drivers in use..... I have no friends online.

What to do?
You have to wait for those friends you added to the account to go back online with GT5 so that GT servers creates links on the web site for those friends.
Then you do the normal "Force Reauthentication" on the widget, and wait.

Or after a day, Like most Apps that currupt there files you " Delete and reinstall and reboot "

Would it be possible to make this a stand alone program, the yahoo widgets is total crap software that I would like to avoid running on my computer. Or if it must be a widget/gadget maybe make one using the default windows 7 gadget system.

Would it be possible to make this a stand alone program, the yahoo widgets is total crap software that I would like to avoid running on my computer. Or if it must be a widget/gadget maybe make one using the default windows 7 gadget system.

Yes it would be possible to make a stand alone program to do this. I was actually planning on making one till I found out about the B-Spec Grinder.

I'm not actually sure if the B-Spec Grinder is still under development or not. If it's not then maybe I could create a stand alone program.

Yes it would be possible to make a stand alone program to do this. I was actually planning on making one till I found out about the B-Spec Grinder.

I'm not actually sure if the B-Spec Grinder is still under development or not. If it's not then maybe I could create a stand alone program.

That would be cool 👍, I doubt I could help much with programming but I would be willing to help you out with things like testing. If you ever decide to do this feel free to contact me and I'll help in any way I can.

Cygnuz
No matter what i do, The grinder always only uses one my drivers, is there something i need to do to fix this?

When hosting remote races, only one driver of the hostee are used...!
That is a feature of Remote Race, not the grinder...

To get your own primary Bob-drivers used more, create a sub-account on you PS3 to host the remote race...
Then you can drive all of your primary Bobs. 👍

Yonis has ditched the widget development and moved on to web browsers extensions. As they avoid the problems of the OS in use.
They also reach a wider user base as every one here is using a browser no matter which OS OSX, W or linux, they have the choice to move to Firefox/chrome.

i've just launched this for the first time but its only picked up my main & sub accts, do other users need to log into GT5 first as i do have a couple of regular gamers that I race against without the widget

What to do?

Log each account in. Log into GT5 with both accounts after both accounts are friends.

I wonder if there's some way to use a router to copy the PS3's internet activity during these remote races, and then simply feed those back to the PSN so you can remote race without actually having the PS3 on.

Does this make sense to y'all?

They probably encrypt everything, though, so this is not feasible.

Back