B-Spec Guide to Overpowering Competition

• Thread starter g4geisha
  • 141 comments
I have a maxed out 458 italia and even if the only enzo in the pack starts last it will catch and pass BOB. Why is there not a defend button. Defend BOB, defend.

Looks like i wasted alot of money maxing a 458 when i should have just gone straight for an enzo. Inless you wanna wait ages for enough cash for one of the f1 ferraris.....
I just won this my first try doing exactly what the OP said and with the same tuning. The Enzo finished 3rd. Just stay max red until you have the lead, then keep BOB in mid red range the rest of the race.

I have a near maxed-out 599 (800HP, with room to go to near 900), and that won the Ferrari challenge in both A and B spec easily. It has the same engine as the Enzo, but costs less, and will win once tuned.

I have a near maxed-out 599 (800HP, with room to go to near 900), and that won the Ferrari challenge in both A and B spec easily. It has the same engine as the Enzo, but costs less, and will win once tuned.

In A-Spec I borrowed a buddy of mine's F430, I've seen that people have had success in this race with a Scuderia but I just wanted to be safe and that's why I ended up with the Enzo for this race. Honestly, I'm surprised that I overlooked the 599, when I was debating on which car to choose, my biggest concern was weight. Let us know how things go with the 599 (power wise) once you've done the oil change.

In A-Spec I borrowed a buddy of mine's F430, I've seen that people have had success in this race with a Scuderia but I just wanted to be safe and that's why I ended up with the Enzo for this race. Honestly, I'm surprised that I overlooked the 599, when I was debating on which car to choose, my biggest concern was weight. Let us know how things go with the 599 (power wise) once you've done the oil change.

Right now, I've got it at about 800HP. There is still room for a level 3 engine upgrade, and perhaps some more weight decreases, but it wins easily the way it is now, so I can't be bothered to spend the extra $ on it.

Personally, I feel it's a much better investment than the Enzo, and I like the looks better. I don't know how far the Enzo will tune. Perhaps a fully tuned Enzo will beat a fully tuned 599... or so you would think. :D

Quick question about my B-Spec driver, usually the arrow next to his xp level is pointed upwards, and it is now pointed downwards. What does that mean?

Quick question about my B-Spec driver, usually the arrow next to his xp level is pointed upwards, and it is now pointed downwards. What does that mean?

He's tired, let him chill out for some hours and use another driver. His "arrow" will point up or right soon again.

Besides the fact that your B-spec races can still lose with a car that destroys the competition, the only other thing I hate is how the driver seems to brake and slow down at the wrong times, or just when it's not needed.

Like one of the events in Professional Series with a 4 (or 5 or 6, can't remember) lap race around Daytona. My driver just kept braking at the dumbest times for what seems to me, like there was no reason to. He was in a friggin 1000+ HP Veyron for ****'* sake, lol.....AND LOST. C'mon!! Switched to a much lighter (under 1000kg) 950+ HP car....and lost. Finally won after a couple more tries.

Other than those problems though, I friggin love B-spec mode! And you get some really awesome prize cars. A lot of them actually better than the A-spec prize cars.

Sport Truck
Car Used: Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab ‘04 Fully HP modded , weight reduced and Height adjustable Suspension
Management: Hard-Extreme. This is notoriously the worst race to beat so far. Laguna Seca not so much but Daytona is a bear! With 675HP Height Adjustable Suspension: Ride Height -10/-10 Springs 9.0/8.0 Dampers 3/3 Camber .4/.5 Top Speed 217. This is a redline race the entire way. Additionally the Toyota Tacoma is your fastest competition, if you see it starting up front just reset. Once I had a good lineup it still took me several tries to get around the initial traffic from the rolling start. Good Luck!
Driver level: 10-11

Well, I don't know but this was an easy one for me? Just bought the first used truck that showed up, the Silverado SST Concept '02 and did a quick oil change and then Bob won both races... no tuning at all!

I used the Minolta for Like The Wind and I won very easily. The Toyota 7 is nice, but it lacks top speed. Of course you can change it, but then it becomes sluggish. Great car for small windy tracks though.

Last edited:
What is everybody using for the Historic Racing Car Cup at Monaco? I won the Toyota 7 and used it to win easily in A-Spec. Tuned it to the max for B-Spec and Bob easily wins at Deep Forest but gets destroyed at Monaco.

Any tips?

been searching the web for some 'guide' into b-spec an came across this forum and this thread. gotta say.. its godsend.
I'll share some of my findings tho..

I started the game with used Toyota Corolla Levin GT-AP.. etc.. and it got me through the easy stuffs in the begining until I purchased a brand new Nissan Skyline. Tuning it up and gaining xp was bit of a drag.. then comes Honda Civic for one of the early challenges.

With the above three cars it's been bit of a grinding until I bought Dodge Challenger (the old one from the dealership) tuned it up to own the muscle car race to receive Shelby Cobra!!

well.. Shelby Cobra tuned up was a beast and got me through classic car stuff, muscle car stuff and bit of championship or something.. 3rd game in professional mode.

Made enough dough to buy crappy Miata and tune it for NR-A Roadster chllanege where I received Mazda Furai.

This car will smoke most of other cars with right tire (Sport - Soft) and tranny tuning. Just gotta crank up the top speed a bit.

I'm only lvl 14 right now in b-spec and working on Japanese 80's challenge with my very first car (Toyota Levin)!! and it's winning both races without any problem. I'm writing this as it's racing.. so no maintenance required.

This worked pretty good if anyone is stuck like I was for a while
Won by 5 seconds with my best bob

For Extreme:
American Championship - Laguna Seca
Buy Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM'09 new
Oil change
Pay for racing mods
Then full tune everything else left over (Mine was at 872 hp)
Set max speed to: 180mph ***IMPORTANT, otherwise not enough accel to overtake
About to try Indy now...

Works decently back on default max mph, it wasn't as easy as Laguna cuz of bobs need to slam the breaks b4 each bend but it should work. Maybe lower the car a little and up the downforce might be easier

WOW just noticed this... Since I was in 1st for about 10 laps my bob slammed the breaks b4 the AI so the cars kept jacking me in the ass and the car is dented to **** on the back so definitely physical damage but not sure if it relates to performance at all since I am b-spec grinding and haven't driven the car so good to see damage showing up but sorta sucks the car is destroyed in no way that was my fault

Glitch though... damage is there in race but when got to see about fixing it, the car is perfectly fine

Last edited:
BTW, for the Truck race, using a fully modded Tacoma makes these two races a piece of cake.

My lvl 5 Bob won on daytona by a few seconds, and my lvl 11 Bob won on Laguna Seca with only some management in the first two laps.

This worked pretty good if anyone is stuck like I was for a while
Won by 5 seconds with my best bob

For Extreme:
American Championship - Laguna Seca
Buy Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM'09 new
Oil change
Pay for racing mods
Then full tune everything else left over (Mine was at 872 hp)
Set max speed to: 180mph ***IMPORTANT, otherwise not enough accel to overtake
About to try Indy now...

Works decently back on default max mph, it wasn't as easy as Laguna cuz of bobs need to slam the breaks b4 each bend but it should work. Maybe lower the car a little and up the downforce might be easier

WOW just noticed this... Since I was in 1st for about 10 laps my bob slammed the breaks b4 the AI so the cars kept jacking me in the ass and the car is dented to **** on the back so definitely physical damage but not sure if it relates to performance at all since I am b-spec grinding and haven't driven the car so good to see damage showing up but sorta sucks the car is destroyed in no way that was my fault

Glitch though... damage is there in race but when got to see about fixing it, the car is perfectly fine

Or you can win the Ford GT Race Car Spec II in A-Spec and use that. I'm very picky about the cars I buy so I tend to use prize cars to win other races. Haha.

since i'm waiting to buy racing wheel for a-spec stuff.. i been doing b-spec mostly and i gotta say.. some of the prize cars will get you through alot of races with ease.
Pagani Zonda R something is another beast that can get you through alot of races and put turbo in, you can enter it for turbo races.. where it;'s really unfair as you will be racing against some sporty version of stock cars.

second day looking for trucks to show up in the used dealer lot...

thanks for the guide, I only want to win a few more cars in b-spec before never touching it again...got the Mazda Furia, want the Zonda and Toyota 7, and a few random cars here and there.

After a lot of trying a pouring thousands into my X runner I just smoked the Truck race by 10 seconds.

I think I kept lower the ride height and kicked the hp up to 420hp. When I got in the lead I kept clicking on maintain pace when he was at peak.

My driver was also at level 10.

Great thread, just a note, some of these are insanely overpriced for a beginner with little to no monies. I've been playing the game backwards, running B-Spec to the point that I do not have to control Bob and then killing them on A-Spec with the same car. Here are some of the non choice races and cars that did not cost much;

Beginner Japanese Classic I got a used Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B(S54A) '67 (dirt cheap 13.xxxcr, make sure to change the oil) modded to 201 HP and won all races with out touching level 7 Bob

Vitz Race Vitz RS 1.5 '07 modded to 212 HP and won all races with out touching level 5 Bob

Euro Classic Car Championship and World Classic Car Series got a used Jaguar E-TYPE COUPE '61 modded to 384 HP and won all races with out touching level 5-6 Bob

Amateur Japanese 90’s Challenge used the Civic Type R (EK) ’97 (first car) modded to 394 HP (overkill but it resembles my car in the driveway) and won all races with out touching level 4-6 Bob

So far, always use the best available tires. Currently leveling my B-Spec so I can continue with more races.

Finally beat the Monaco Historic cup race!!!!

won this with the 330
max speed at 290
full downforce
and LSD:15/45/25

full babysitting though and a beautiful and tight race with that toyota
tip: even though the race lineup was quite tought(p1 2j, p2 toyota) try not haveing them in first row

used above settings, except with speed at 270. Also no toe settings used, camber set at 2.0/2.5. Stock suspension, but I added more damping and rebound to the rear, set to 8

My level 20 driver, full hot, kept epic failing in it!
I switched to my level 17 driver, S.Loeb :)
And he's on the cool side of moderate, and he got into 4th place after 1 lap and slowly reeled them in. The 2J was leading from the start, but after constant pressure my guy overtook and started to pull away after 2 lap fight back from the 2J.

The key is to get into the top 4 early to keep away from the pileups.
And I pace down twice on the 2 chicanes, need to keep the meter under 3/4

Me thinks S.Loeb is gonna be the star driver here ;)

Just did the B-Spec truck race and beat the 2nd place car by 16.897 seconds.Used the tune on the front page and kept pressing pace up.If anyone want to borrow my truck for that race PM me on here or add me on PSN.Only thing i ask is a car to hold until you give my truck back.As collateral.Once you give back the truck i will give back your car.

Edit:Just beat the Laguna Seca race by probably 20 seconds or more.It loaded the next screen and the cars were still going.

Last edited:
Took some time off Bspec for 1.05 races and GTA. Currently grinding Formula GT around like the wind Indy for level 23. Its good to see the Audi Touring and CLK Touring car in online dealership. Will grab those soon and try German Championship. I posted my Gord GT LM Spec @@ tune I use in aspec, hopefully it will work in Bspec, otherwise I'll have to get on the corvette banwagon. Will probably update OP with new suggestions and level 23 races after Xmas. Till then happy holidays and good luck with GTA.

Back