B-Spec Guide to Overpowering Competition

• Thread starter g4geisha
  • 141 comments
I used the Ford GT LM race car spec II (full mods) on the lv 23 american races.
No management needed for indy, a low amount on laguna seca as bob seamed content tailgating the 2J around the track until finally passing him on the corkscrew.

Before I found this forum 15 minutes ago, I thought I am too stupid to deal with the B-spec in GT5. OK, its the game, not me.

But I found that somehow "Bob" as you call him can learn how to drive better.

First, the suspension setup must be done very carefully. If Bob expects understeer, he will brake too early. When I optimized the fully tunable suspension I mounted in my F458 Italia '09, he was able to overtake on the inside line after braking later then the rest.

Second, the gearbox and differential setup must be optimized as well. If the car tends to oversteer, set the differential value for acceleration to a higher value.

Third, and thats what everyone else already mentioned, keep him cool and make him overtake every other car as soon as possible - and that can only be done by "overpowering".

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
oD_Ḅruni

I once let 0-Point Bob drive the very first race (Autum Mini 3 Laps, Sunday Cup) in the freshly purchased Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 (oil change).
This car is heavy, has AWD and some 280hp. Considering this is a real driving simulator and this car in normal mode is set for soccer-mom´s, Bob is still able to spin this one, in every corner he is taking. So may be, he is just a drift-king, or because of his name is Schuhmacher (took me 20min to find him:ill:)...I don´t know.

I let him drive the next track (he finished 11th!!!! on Autumn Ring) and he won by 6 or 7 seconds....WTF???

I fully modded the Legnum. Since tire choice is limited (Comfort?)...that made things worse...the Legnum is just not the right car for this track. (I tried myself, won easily!) AND B-spec. 👎
Than took the RM Elise and never looked back.

As for Monaco Historic Race with the TOYOTA 7:If you don´t touch anything, only buy the hp-upgrade, bob will go faster than anybody around Monaco. Only problem: he needs to be first. I got lucky, the 2D Race Car crashed before the tunnel and my driver (Senna!) overtook the pile of cars and was in 3rd place. He dumped twice into the wall after the tunnel, but somehow managed to get back and finally overtaking both in front. 3 Laps to go...averaging 2-3 seconds per lap faster than the opponents (keeping Cool/Hot-Marker in the middle). That was my 5th try to win this one.

I just won the B-spec historic race on Cote D'Azur first try with this guide. Sure, I was really lucky, and the 2J started in eighth, but thats water under the bridge.

g4geisha, you, sir, are the man 👍

It always helps to get to 1st ASAP, however I won the historic race - Cote D'Azure, with my Bob being 7th for the first lap, 4th for the second and 3rd for the 4th. He then pwnt the competition on the 5th lap, even that damn 2J fridge-car-thing.

Thank you for this-I want to platinum the game, so I will have to play B Spec and this guide will help no end. I have only done 1 race so far to get the trophy. I didn't intend upon starting B Spec proper until there is a fast forward button. Is there any news on this happening?

A stock Turbo Vitz can win the annoying Vitz challenge, does take some managing but if you upgrade it then I'm sure it will be even easier!

Only problem is it's rare..

I have a spare one, if anyone wants it just click on the link in my sig.

Ahhh I can see that the daytona truck event was a problem for someone else too... My Bob ruin my budget, I sit him over a missile truck with power enough to pull a train formation and he win only for a nose (and with me pressing the "go faster pleeeease" button like a psycho).

Let me say something with respect to Daytona and trucks:

Depending on the car setup, the driving line (A-spec) becomes RED at certain points on the track. If you drive yourself, you just stay on the pedal and pooof! overtake everyone else. Your Bob (although the line is invisible) sees the RED ALARM and BREAKS as hell. Or at least he lifts his right foot and changes gear, and everyone else overtakes him or crashes into him.

IF you manage to set up the car's suspension etc. in a way that there are no more or very few short red sectors in A-Spec (only valid for Daytona!), THEN Bob will win for you. Of course he needs some extra HP to give him the guts for overtaking anyway...

Right now I am testing a car that has the same HP as the others in the GT World Championship. I won the first 3 races with min. 6 sec. I will tell you details when I have the time to continue with this test.

Regards,
oD_Bruni

Regards,
oD_Bruni

I may call you bruni from now on :)

You have time to do this???...anyways, I´m actually pretty interested in your results. Never thought about your idea, but than, I´m still the student. You are the master.... :sly:

ENDURANCE RACE 200 Rounds Indianapolis

Used the Minolta Race Car. Fully tuned ~780kW. Soft Tires.

Problem: With 4 drivers, this car pits every 25 Laps. The toughest opponent is the R8 LM Race Car Prototype. First Race I became 2nd place. The Minolta is way faster then the rest but stopped to often for tires, petrol and driver change (stock setup, just HP increase and Transmission set to 410km/h, plus full Downforce)
Next Race I overruled the pitsstop twice. 1st stop was rd 29 due to bad tires, second at rd 60. Then I had to watch a movie with my wife...at this time Bob was +1 Lap ahead. (The R8 pits less!) After the movie I looked at the result and Bob was first. Didn´t show the advantage, but then this probably means +1 Lap or more. The Toyota eats tires like hell....:crazy:

Yeah, you can use the X1 or the other stuff...hey, but that wouldn´t be a challenge than...:sly:

I just wanted to post to thank you for putting this guide up. I was completely against B-spec as a whole until about 45 minutes ago haha. Bob loves the Twin Turbo HPA motorsports Audi TT. 4WD and 600 hp lol

HN7
I'm stuck on NASCAR cup and Formula GT championship. If anyone can help me with the tune, it would be greatly appreciated.

I simply changed the oil on my FGT and went between racing medium and racing soft tires depending on the course. Minimal management...but it seemed Bob needed to be reminded he was in a race with about 10 laps to go in each race...he was usually around 5th and would then push to 1st within 2-3 laps. I'm stuck on the NASCAR championship....not really interested in micromanaging him.

I have been trying to do the American Cup in Extreme series with my Lvl23 bob in a ZR1 Vette (RM) car to no avail,
so I jumped in my Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II,
did an oil change,
Added Supercharger Turbo Kit,
Stage 3 Engine tune
and Rigidity improvement,
and boom won Laguna Seca :)
and indy, although needed to keep an eye on the race now and again.
won the Chevrolet SSR '03 (S).

Anyone have any tips on the NASCAR in Extreme, completely stumped.

Have now won the Nascar Cup, the trick is to increase pace, especially on ovals, just before you enter the corner so B-spec Bob doesn't brake too much.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic but;

Do B-spec drivers ever become good enough to win in similar powered cars? My best driver is only level 20, and he still sucks.

I'm having problems with GT Championship

I am using A Corvette ZR1 LM Fully tuned and I have a hot head driver. Passing other cars isn't my bob's forte. Usually he breaks way too early. Never mind I found that the race doesn't allow my Racing Soft to be used. & it automatically swapped it to sport hard. I changed it into Racing Intermediate and demolished the series.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic but;

Do B-spec drivers ever become good enough to win in similar powered cars? My best driver is only level 20, and he still sucks.

No not really. Quite lame actually, but it seems that the only way to ensure a win is to go into a race with a supremely overpowered car. It may not seem fair to be racing a Volkswagen GTI in my Lamborghini Gallardo tuned all the way up, but its the only way to do it! (And what really makes me mad, is that for the GTI/Gallardo race, my bob was behind for like half a lap)

Just realized this was my 69th post. hahah

Midnight Snacks
Kind of off topic but;

Sure they can--with a boatload of coaching and "pace ups". Can't leave it alone or they get slow when not in traffic.

I have been trying every conceivable way and configuration with any of my high hp American cars to defeat the Indy track, and it's killing any Bob I put in the car. No matter if I start the race and walk away, or if I babysit him the results are never higher placement than 4th.
I've tried my Cobra with 900+ hp and only 908 kg, Cadillac Cien with 900+ hp and better aerodynamics, and my Ford GT with 955 hp. IF Boob would not scrub off so much speed prior to each turn then any of these cars should finish in first place. It's very aggravating. I've spent at least 20 hours the last week and a half trying different setups to no avail. What works?

For the Sport Truck Challange i used the Chevy SSR '03 full mods. ~1600kg & 600+ hp, smoked in the Laguna, Crushed in daytona, 10 sec. win on laguna and 40 second win on daytona

I have been trying every conceivable way and configuration with any of my high hp American cars to defeat the Indy track, and it's killing any Bob I put in the car. No matter if I start the race and walk away, or if I babysit him the results are never higher placement than 4th.
I've tried my Cobra with 900+ hp and only 908 kg, Cadillac Cien with 900+ hp and better aerodynamics, and my Ford GT with 955 hp. IF Boob would not scrub off so much speed prior to each turn then any of these cars should finish in first place. It's very aggravating. I've spent at least 20 hours the last week and a half trying different setups to no avail. What works?

Do the Fully modded Ford GT race car Spec. II

I searched the Ford dealership for this car to no avail. I suppose I have to win it elsewhere. With PSN being down i can't search the online used car dealership :(

MOTRSPRT

Have you not bought the ZR-1 Corvette 09, race modded and fully tuned? Total cost under $700K, and you will need it a lot later for grinding $ and XP. It's the best investment in the game, and rocks at Indy. It will end your troubles!

Historic Racing Car Cup is such a big pain in the A**..
My driver keeps on screwing up at the last little bend,bumping into the wall,spinning out and than driving several meters back to make a u-turn @ C.d'A.
And i can't find the tune u mentioned,as the link appears to broken :S
Could u please re-link?
As far for the other events,this page was a great aid! Thanks man!

I searched the Ford dealership for this car to no avail. I suppose I have to win it elsewhere. With PSN being down i can't search the online used car dealership :(
The Premium model is called the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, you find it in Gran turismo dealership.
218g8630.jpg

That's a "n i c e" car! I have the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II and that is nice also. I am going to buy the Test Car just to add to my collection of cars. I also have two other Ford GTs but I don't really like them, they are pretty but that is about all I can say for them. Now about my bobs! I have not had any problem with them in races. I put them in a race and they just head for the front of the pack and take lead and stay there. Course I put them in a really fast car and they are off and running. I am glad because I see no point in having them if you have to set in front of the screen and keep telling him to goooo! Last night bob ran the 9 hr. endurance race and won almost ten laps ahead! I went to bed!:dopey:

Historic Racing Car Cup is such a big pain in the A**..
My driver keeps on screwing up at the last little bend,bumping into the wall,spinning out and than driving several meters back to make a u-turn @ C.d'A.
And i can't find the tune u mentioned,as the link appears to broken :S
Could u please re-link?
As far for the other events,this page was a great aid! Thanks man!

Try this...Toyota 7 Race Car '70

racing soft tires
downforce 55 80
stage 3 turbo kit
transmission as it came
drivetrain 40 40 50
ride height -30 -30
spring rate 13.8 15.8
dampers (ext) 8 8
dampers (comp) 8 8
anti roll bars 6 6
camber angle 2.0 1.0
toe angle 0.00 0.20
brake balance 10 10
👍

if you can set up another bob set his personality to hot and run him a few races and which what he does....:)

SoCal Senator
Have you not bought the ZR-1 Corvette 09, race modded and fully tuned? Total cost under $700K, and you will need it a lot later for grinding $ and XP. It's the best investment in the game, and rocks at Indy. It will end your troubles!

I will look into the Corvette and the Ford GT. I hope to get something figured out :)

Back