B-Spec Mode

We won't know until PD confirms that it is or not. My guess is that it won't.

Im sure I am in the minority but I wont buy it if it does not have B-Spec, car collecting (only 140 cars, mostly racers) or offline races.

Kaz said this is G7 so it looks like he is going away from his longtime fan base. Oh well it was nice while it lasted. Really not interested in the online shenanigans. Been there done that.

I hope not. I like the idea of B-Spec in the broadest sense, but Polyphony have been making it worse with every incarnation since GT4. I think they should just let it go and spend the time on something else.

Can be a update in the future but I'm not bothered, only useful if your doing a 4-24hr endurance which GT7 would likely have.

I hope not. I like the idea of B-Spec in the broadest sense, but Polyphony have been making it worse with every incarnation since GT4. I think they should just let it go and spend the time on something else.
Yeah, if it's the same as GT6's it would be pretty pointless.

I enjoyed it in GT5 when it B-SPEC was an actual mode. Felt like 80% of a race team management simulator. I really enjoyed created a team and watching them improve, I was actually pretty attached to my racers by the time GT6 came out.

Yeah, if it's the same as GT6's it would be pretty pointless.

I enjoyed it in GT5 when it B-SPEC was an actual mode. Felt like 80% of a race team management simulator. I really enjoyed created a team and watching them improve, I was actually pretty attached to my racers by the time GT6 came out.

Yeah, it was an interesting direction to go in at least. GT6 just felt worse than GT4 or GT5. In GT6 you could literally do nothing in most races and you would win. It's not really much of a game if you "win" by doing nothing at all.

The one thing I disliked about B-spec in GT5 was how the events were twice the length of their A-spec counterparts. So your virtual drivers did more racing than you in career mode, which hurt GT5's single player overall. It doesn't help that GT5's career is short to begin with.

But other than that, I think it expanded nicely on what GT4 introduced. I wouldn't mind seeing B-spec again as long as I get to do more driving than managing.

Last edited:
I'd like to to see B-Spec blended in with "A-Spec". Being able to swap drivers.

THIS is the only use I have ever seen for B-Spec in a GT Title.
long races with pit-stops and you need a break,
enter the pit, stick Bob in the car and let him go for a stint.

Otherwise, I don;t see how watching an AI drive for you is part of a driving game.

Otherwise, I don;t see how watching an AI drive for you is part of a driving game.

As it is I would totally agree. What they could (and should) have done is turn it into a proper management system. In the real world a race engineer doesn't effectively directly control the car by giving basic "speed up", "overtake" commands. Instead it could have been much more realistic and intricate, the ability to tell a driver to push for x laps, to hold position and give you telemetry so you can see if the driver is sliding too much, getting too much wheelspin, the engine getting too hot, going too hard on gearshifts etc. It would be up to you to monitor all of these things and properly instruct the driver to manage it. Then obviously the other important thing would be for the driver to talk to you, tell you what is going on.

Latest Posts

Back