Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,039 comments
Don't bring countries into this mate. One person's opinion doesn't mean an entire country is like that.
Actually I will when the entire county has a problem with working conditions, pay, contracts that don’t favour employees etc. Maybe read the report. Boy do I get stereotyped into being Jacob Zuma supporter despite not wanting to be associated with the man… but I don’t go around projecting the same attitudes and behaviours as him

@o000o posts are just confirming that, so it’s not one person if an entire country is scoring badly here.

Now I’m not saying there are no “good” employers and or companies that people can feel safe at but it doesn’t look like many exists.

How does this fit in with Gran Turismo? Well seems like the poster believes that PD are lazy and not working hard enough just based off their entire post history being literally abusive towards PD.

PD will read these and the fact that little to no moderation about this has been done is ridiculous, it creates an unwelcoming environment regardless of AUP.

It needs to be called out(specifically when it’s constant hatred towards PD with points being proven wrong if you actually play the game as it currently is) and I’ve called it out, if it makes you uncomfortable maybe you’re part of the problem too.

For me this my first oppertunity to race against Sophy, and i must say i'm surprised, in a good way!, i already had some real good battles with it!
When you have the right setup, ( like not beeing on softs while the field is on mediums ) it's actualy kind of clever, never had close the door for an AI to prevent a move, but the looking left and right to find a gap realy surprised me, for the first itme i have to mirror, watch my radar and look back now and then where it is, ( i'm not a daily races fan so only do time trials online )
so from my perspective a real plus on this update!

I cleared the game 100% again ( except for the musicrally ) and must say that the other races and licence in the update were a lot of fun too!,
This morning i had a blast with the Nations cup Redbulls, no room for error in those 14 laps, love that!
and closed the session with the GR.3 at Bathurst, 10 laps pushing tarting in the dark, beautiful!

I want more :), but for now, back to the timetrials and i think off to some custom races after that!

Also i did notice some green changes to Dragontail, we now have tree's on the first chicane?? :lol: or am i going nuts and were they always there?
And i also did headbut the Helicopter at i think lap 7 of the Nations Redbull, it came out of Nowhere, caught me off guard big time, it was extremely low, almost messed up the CoD due to it :lol::lol:

Last edited:
As I don't have a PS5 (yet), I've not been able to try out Sophy myself, but I do hope that it will result in a broader 'intelligence' to the AI opponents.

My favourite race in GT7 is the Spa 24h (1 hr) WTC800 race, and I've done it many times.

I always enjoy it, but it also serves as an excellent showcase for the limitations of the current non-Sophy AI.

Three main points:
1) the AI behaves like you are simply not there most (if not all) of the time
2) blue flags are essentially meaningless to the AI
3) tyre/weather strategy is all over the place

This latter point almost always hands the player a (big) advantage, but when it comes to creating a realistic (or even fair) contest for oneself, it actually starts to become a bit of a drag knowing that the AI cars will almost always make stupid pit decisions. It is exactly like the AI doesn't have access to the same radar info that the player does.

A classic example is on a wet but drying track. The AI will pit for slicks when the track is dry enough, even when there is more rain imminent on the radar. The opposite is also true - if the AI has to pit while the track is still even remotely damp, it will stick to Inters even when the rain is about to stop. By the time the track has dried out, it's lost a tonne of time and then has to stop again for slicks, usually when the rain is just about to start again. And I've lost count of races where the AI pits with one lap to go for no apparent reason.

I don't know how long a race you can make with Sophy currently, but it will be interesting to find out if these things are addressed with a new AI model i.e. instead of just learning how to mimic human driving and racing manouvers, it would be great to race AI that actually thinks about race strategy more realistically too. That, and it can recognise the colour blue.

As I don't have a PS5 (yet), I've not been able to try out Sophy myself, but I do hope that it will result in a broader 'intelligence' to the AI opponents.

My favourite race in GT7 is the Spa 24h (1 hr) WTC800 race, and I've done it many times.

I always enjoy it, but it also serves as an excellent showcase for the limitations of the current non-Sophy AI.

Three main points:
1) the AI behaves like you are simply not there most (if not all) of the time
2) blue flags are essentially meaningless to the AI
3) tyre/weather strategy is all over the place

This latter point almost always hands the player a (big) advantage, but when it comes to creating a realistic (or even fair) contest for oneself, it actually starts to become a bit of a drag knowing that the AI cars will almost always make stupid pit decisions. It is exactly like the AI doesn't have access to the same radar info that the player does.

A classic example is on a wet but drying track. The AI will pit for slicks when the track is dry enough, even when there is more rain imminent on the radar. The opposite is also true - if the AI has to pit while the track is still even remotely damp, it will stick to Inters even when the rain is about to stop. By the time the track has dried out, it's lost a tonne of time and then has to stop again for slicks, usually when the rain is just about to start again. And I've lost count of races where the AI pits with one lap to go for no apparent reason.

I don't know how long a race you can make with Sophy currently, but it will be interesting to find out if these things are addressed with a new AI model i.e. instead of just learning how to mimic human driving and racing manouvers, it would be great to race AI that actually thinks about race strategy more realistically too. That, and it can recognise the colour blue.
Yeah. I love this race too.

If PD ever will add Sophy as a standard AI in all World Circuit events this will be the first event to try it :D

Isn't it is what it is for this website? Negative feedback is encouraged because it's being honest with the game's state, while praising, particularly when there's a clear flaw, is just being sheep-ish and delusional.

This has no relation with the country. Again like above, isn't this what people on this website supposed to expect developer's work? It's expected to have high expectations and demands especially to professionals such as supposed high caliber developer, and if others can accomplish something, the other like PD also must be able to accomplish the same, if not, there are no excuses that they need to step up and their shortcomings need to be pointed out constantly.
So praising is sheepish and delusional? Man you living in a sad world. I hope you don’t raise your kids with that world view one day (or if you already have some).
Your view isn’t logical at all.

But I agree with you, bringing the country into all of this is unnecessary.

PMK
Uhm not one bit is due to the car in use. Why do you think i was talking about taking a Veyron or GT3RS to the a dirt track? I'm talking about every possible offroad vehicle in the game like GR.B or pick up trucks. Rally physics in GT7 are genuinely pathetic. The cars just float over the track, which is not realistic in any way.

If you compare GTS/GT7 physics to Rally 2.0 or even the new WRC game it's like comparing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare III's gunplay & physics to Roblox FPS modes.
I've played Rally 2.0 for years, have visited tons of real life rallies and can tell you that Gran Turismo's rally physics are very mediocre. But it's not that big of a deal. After all, GT7's main attribute is not rally.
My little experience off roading involved my Cayenne GTS. Set it to low range gears, raised it to special terrain, locked the diffs, and loaded it with 4 other people and a dog. Then set of on San Louis Obispo trails. Despite the car being fully loaded it definitely felt like floating to me. When you hit 60 mph, which is like top of 6th in low range!, the car is barely ever on the ground. Brakes are nowhere. The floating bit is pretty realistic imo, but I'm a circuit racer so not really the voice of science on dirt or snow.

"The Ford Roadster is a classic car and it looks-"

PD: AYO IT LOOKS GOOD WITH A SHINY CYAN PAINT WITH A BIG AEM DECAL
echongp.png

Also PD: CLASSIC EXPENSIVE CAR TUNED TO 600PP RACING AGAINST A KEI CAR AY LAMAU
sxWWBPC.png

People said pages ago and I agree with you all: these chilli races should be the standard. The grid is always random, there's some customization to the cars and the IA on Hard difficulty is decent-ish.

It'd be nice if the races were a bit longer.

These races reminds me of previous GTs where I would pick a random car and tune it for specific events just for fun/challenge.

I won Monza with a tuned 3000GT, in a very fun battle against a blue Viper, Watkins Glen driving a slighty tuned R34 and Fuji, after (unsuccessfully) testing a lot of cars, finally won driving the Roadster Shop Rampage, although I did came in 2nd once:

iRG90Ez.png

NO I'M NOT SALTY THAT I LOST TO A EV CAR WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT

Just look at this grid. This is pure Gran Turismo
mgoQYWx.png
This post, and the topic of Sophy has me wondering, why are these Chili Pepper races so rare? 1 pepper isn't that difficult, but the bulk of the game is 0 peppers. When I race the 3-4 pepper races, I don't have that yearning for some better AI.

I'm curious if a 4-5 pepper (current AI) race would be all that different from a Sophy race. Either way, HOPEFULLY, more entertaining and less predictable single player is the way for the future, although, I'd love to see some peppers added to the current races.

Not bad for someone who's only played GT7 for one day

I know this guy and I don't think it'll be long before he has the world record

Last edited:
My little experience off roading involved my Cayenne GTS. Set it to low range gears, raised it to special terrain, locked the diffs, and loaded it with 4 other people and a dog. Then set of on San Louis Obispo trails. Despite the car being fully loaded it definitely felt like floating to me. When you hit 60 mph, which is like top of 6th in low range!, the car is barely ever on the ground. Brakes are nowhere. The floating bit is pretty realistic imo, but I'm a circuit racer so not really the voice of science on dirt or snow.
I get what you're saying (good taste btw, love the Cayenne, taking it offroading is awesome) but the floating you're describing is still different from GT7's physics. The game treats tough dirt like it's ice.

How does this fit in with Gran Turismo? Well seems like the poster believes that PD are lazy and not working hard enough just based off their entire post history being literally abusive towards PD.

PD will read these and the fact that little to no moderation about this has been done is ridiculous, it creates an unwelcoming environment regardless of AUP.
Do you really think that it's me alone who has the post history of being "abusive" towards PD? (and it's being brutally honest, sorry). This site is mentioned as being too negative, but there's legitimate reason for it, not that it's unearned, franchise wise. While I'm also noticing that PD. Again, nothing to do with the country. Also developers being viewed as lazy happens far more than just PD, but many others.

And it should be addressed, not being shut down if they really have something that should be improved, and unwelcoming environment? They're professionals who should get thicker skin. They're supposed to listen to the concerns of community, also communicate clearly with the player, and expect people to speak up about their room of improvements.
So praising is sheepish and delusional? Man you living in a sad world. I hope you don’t raise your kids with that world view one day (or if you already have some).
Your view isn’t logical at all.

But I agree with you, bringing the country into all of this is unnecessary.
Yes because praising gives the impression that everything is fine and dandy. They can just relax and thus neglect the actual problems in the game if it's not brought up.

Yes because praising gives the impression that everything is fine and dandy. They can just relax and thus neglect the actual problems in the game if it's not brought up.
Calm down there, I think a little bit of giving credits where it's due while also voicing concerns that are still plaguing the game is alright. It's not like people think the game became 10/10 all of a sudden because of this update.

Calm down there, I think a little bit of giving credits where it's due while also voicing concerns that are still plaguing the game is alright. It's not like people think the game became 10/10 all of a sudden because of this update.
Indeed. There are still complaints, but there are fixes and a bit more replayability in this game. It’s not just a rehash of, “Well, do Custom Races.”.
To me, the reshuffle of the same weekly races, is like the career in FM3 or 4. I liked that game. When a player finished the career, restarting saw a bit of a mix up of the same races. I, as have many, wanted Seasonals to return but also for offline players to have the same “Daily” races as Sport Mode players. PD added/updated the latest feature. It’s a good move.

..and yes, there are still fixes that need to be addressed. I don’t think PD are brushing those under the rug. For whatever reason, it’s taking time to rectify. No matter how easy it may seem to fix, in some players’ eyes.

post history of being "abusive" towards PD? (and it's being brutally honest, sorry)
I mean the message below are showing no signs of valuable criticism, just showing a clear agenda that you dislike PD regardless of what the facts are, there's being brutally honest and then there's you with a hard on for talking about PD being a problem.
Fools can't be bothered...
just shows that PD can't do their job properly.
the defect is PD itself.
The problem still hasn't been fixed yet, which is the PD staff itself.
No appreciation deserved
Unfortunate that there are still sheeps who give GT undeserved praise
Even the Japanese's tastes are also questionable
This clown of a company
PD is incompetent and out of their depth
I could go on but this is just displaying the kind of person you are.. a POS

Even the Japanese's tastes are also questionable to not know the better games by letting GT7 on top of the charts.
This one is particularly offensive, and I clicked through and read most of those, they're all over the last year from launch to now and all exceptionally negative without any rational criticism. Not sure what the mod rules here are as I'm new but this isn't a poster I think has fair and reasonable opinions. Maybe this and the last few posts are ok - the quote was a year ago, seems a bit much though no? Honestly I'm not as invested in the community as a new comer so I can just bounce, but this dude is not an asset to your community.

e; note I'm not calling for a ban or anything. You guys do you.

Last edited:
It's one thing to want to put someone on ignore for having bad takes. It's another to obsess over their comment history and call them a "POS".

Cool if that's this places style. "You guys do you." If so I think I'll go elsewhere, cheers.

e; edited just think that the noise to signal ratio on this game is har to manage to with posters like that and I've no interest reading that. No reflection on Techlet or others. I'll stick to the hardware threads for my interests.

Last edited:
Do you really think that it's me alone who has the post history of being "abusive" towards PD? (and it's being brutally honest, sorry). This site is mentioned as being too negative, but there's legitimate reason for it, not that it's unearned, franchise wise. While I'm also noticing that PD. Again, nothing to do with the country. Also developers being viewed as lazy happens far more than just PD, but many others.

And it should be addressed, not being shut down if they really have something that should be improved, and unwelcoming environment? They're professionals who should get thicker skin. They're supposed to listen to the concerns of community, also communicate clearly with the player, and expect people to speak up about their room of improvements.

I think your point isn’t very well thought out, it isn’t elaborated enough, besides of that your writing style has various flaws, it doesn’t pull me in either, I expect better from you.

I mean the message below are showing no signs of valuable criticism, just showing a clear agenda that you dislike PD regardless of what the facts are, there's being brutally honest and then there's you with a hard on for talking about PD being a problem.

I could go on but this is just displaying the kind of person you are.. a POS
I think your point isn’t very well thought out, it isn’t elaborated enough, besides of that your writing style has various flaws, it doesn’t pull me in either, I expect better from you.
I guess I've went extreme in those, maybe those were wrong but I did those phrases to show that I can look at things objectively too..... in this site's standards, if you're expected to never praise something if it isn't perfect, and should always be primarily negative at the get go, because it's seen as having an eye for detail for being nitpicky (constructive criticism isn't enough).

Or otherwise, you're just a PD apologist, or only caring about nostalgia, if you'd want to give them credit for something or even point out/bring up something good, because it likely can overshadow the mass boycott people are campaigning for a chance of the game's improvement, so anything positive someone said has to be shut down.

I know that view is wrong and too extreme, previously I've been constantly opposing the notion that being negative is always being mature and sensible, by pointing out the faults of negative points (which tends to be something positive regarding a GT game), especially if the negative points are plain wrong, outright lies, or double standard compared to some other games (or older GT to newer GT such as being unable to remove parts like wide body, which was a thing in older games, or thinking the game showers you with cars for prizes, when it's done in older GTs).

But my defenses over people's skepticism over GT7 on release were all proven wrong (e.g. 100 events really being individual events, MTX, GT World Championship being actual end for showing credits, etc.) - I still think that view is wrong, but, there's no credibility in that anymore for my wrong predictions, where the negative skepticisms are the right ones, and I'm proving that I can become one too as well, even more than the negative members, if I'd be seen as a GT fanboy who gatekeeps criticism on the games or such before due to above - and even if improvements happen, keep negativity because it's the safe way out, where if worst expectations are wrong, then it's just taking “conservative” position, or it's done to make sure they won't half-ass game's launch again (GTS did, GT7 also did, seems expected GT8 may also be that).

For the sheep accusations part, I also did the opposite of pointing out the double standard of older and newer GT game, to ask about what about certain traits (not actual bad design) that one may dislike in GT7, but is always present in all of the older games (e.g. how Licenses are done), to know more about whole franchise's quality not just GT7's. Honestly for positive things to be shut down, I sometimes don't know what's the appeal of GT, what's something worth praising about it where I can bring up without feeling like fanboying (like, even the huge number of cars of GT is also bad stuff for having duplicates or being outdated).

Honestly I think it's tiring to keep on doing that though. But to explain for PD problems, PD is a developer that is notorious for problems such as their long work with delays, being so disconnected to the players and feedback which can prevent room of improvements. Not that nothing is improved (like sounds, livery editor, and likely AI is in process now, but it takes really long time for GT franchise to be done), but many things are never fixed throughout the franchise until now, like poor UI/UX (like you have to navigate through many menus to change cars in GT Auto for instance), lacking racing elements in its gameplay such as chase the rabbit format, locking up contents like cars, no fresh contents in career that are generally completely identical to all previous GTs as if it's played safe.

They also make questionable choices in game designs such as making cars unable to be sold (before the update, but this comes from previously being able to in GT6), unable to choose HUD, adding credit limit, etc. What can also prevent room for improvements is that, they can seem delusional about their problems like for example, claiming GT5's sounds are too real, despite the vacuum cleaner memes. Yes they've fixed that now, but this is speaking in general sense, there's low expectations for them to fix longtime problems. They also aren't looking at their competitors which can limit inspirations, particularly with Kaz being notorious for being a "dinosaur" (having outdated vision), like how the new idea done for GT7 is... Music Rally.

So it's the explanation of the notion that PD are lost cause overall, also can be read here, and that the game will never be really improved and meet expectations unless the developers aren't like them, and that they tend to only make promises without fulfilling it with how long and/or uncertain those improvements are (like how Ferrari is viewed as would never winning drivers championship again in F1 nowadays), though I expressed it in an excessive way.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why I need to post this again less than two weeks on from when I first posted it, but whatever:
People are entitled to post anything they like, so long as they abide by the AUP. We do not require that people only post positive things about any game in its subforum, only that they do not break the AUP - whether they're complaining or praising.

Complaining about the complaints is just useless, unless your goal is to make everything worse.

If you don't like what someone is saying, either engage with their points, or ignore them (with the Ignore feature, if you need a tech solution).

Making comments about their character and name-calling are not among the acceptable options.
If you think something's against the AUP, report it. If nothing happens (as far as you can see), you're either wrong or not privy to the moderation action which happens in private between the staff and the member in question.

Continually needling - particularly attempting to needle the staff, because something hasn't happened the way you want it to happen - is pointless and is more likely to result in you getting one of those private communications from the staff instead of your intended target.

Report (if appropriate), and either engage sensibly, or ignore (manually or with the forum software) and get on with your life.

Looking through this update is brought to mind the Spec II update of GT5 and the subsequent DLC of all the touring cars. And while the cars in this update are fantastic especially with two of my dream cars in the 400R and ‘68 Charger I do miss all the touring cars that came in GT5 and maybe one day they will make a return.

Looking through this update is brought to mind the Spec II update of GT5 and the subsequent DLC of all the touring cars. And while the cars in this update are fantastic especially with two of my dream cars in the 400R and ‘68 Charger I do miss all the touring cars that came in GT5 and maybe one day they will make a return.
I think the world endurance championship has more mindshare these days than DTM. I think if anything we will see more in that category.

Last edited:
I guess I've went extreme in those, maybe those were wrong but I did those phrases to show that I can look at things objectively too..... in this site's standards, if you're expected to never praise something if it isn't perfect, and should always be primarily negative at the get go, because it's seen as having an eye for detail for being nitpicky (constructive criticism isn't enough).

Or otherwise, you're just a PD apologist, or only caring about nostalgia, if you'd want to give them credit for something or even point out/bring up something good, because it likely can overshadow the mass boycott people are campaigning for a chance of the game's improvement, so anything positive someone said has to be shut down.

I know that view is wrong and too extreme, previously I've been constantly opposing the notion that being negative is always being mature and sensible, by pointing out the faults of negative points (which tends to be something positive regarding a GT game), especially if the negative points are plain wrong, outright lies, or double standard compared to some other games (or older GT to newer GT such as being unable to remove parts like wide body, which was a thing in older games, or thinking the game showers you with cars for prizes, when it's done in older GTs).

But my defenses over people's skepticism over GT7 on release were all proven wrong (e.g. 100 events really being individual events, MTX, GT World Championship being actual end for showing credits, etc.) - I still think that view is wrong, but, there's no credibility in that anymore for my wrong predictions, where the negative skepticisms are the right ones, and I'm proving that I can become one too as well, even more than the negative members, if I'd be seen as a GT fanboy who gatekeeps criticism on the games or such before due to above - and even if improvements happen, keep negativity because it's the safe way out, where if worst expectations are wrong, then it's just taking “conservative” position, or it's done to make sure they won't half-ass game's launch again (GTS did, GT7 also did, seems expected GT8 may also be that).

For the sheep accusations part, I also did the opposite of pointing out the double standard of older and newer GT game, to ask about what about certain traits (not actual bad design) that one may dislike in GT7, but is always present in all of the older games (e.g. how Licenses are done), to know more about whole franchise's quality not just GT7's. Honestly for positive things to be shut down, I sometimes don't know what's the appeal of GT, what's something worth praising about it where I can bring up without feeling like fanboying (like, even the huge number of cars of GT is also bad stuff for having duplicates or being outdated).

Honestly I think it's tiring to keep on doing that though. But to explain for PD problems, PD is a developer that is notorious for problems such as their long work with delays, being so disconnected to the players and feedback which can prevent room of improvements. Not that nothing is improved (like sounds, livery editor, and likely AI is in process now, but it takes really long time for GT franchise to be done), but many things are never fixed throughout the franchise until now, like poor UI/UX (like you have to navigate through many menus to change cars in GT Auto for instance), lacking racing elements in its gameplay such as chase the rabbit format, locking up contents like cars, no fresh contents in career that are generally completely identical to all previous GTs as if it's played safe.

They also make questionable choices in game designs such as making cars unable to be sold (before the update, but this comes from previously being able to in GT6), unable to choose HUD, adding credit limit, etc. What can also prevent room for improvements is that, they can seem delusional about their problems like for example, claiming GT5's sounds are too real, despite the vacuum cleaner memes. Yes they've fixed that now, but this is speaking in general sense, there's low expectations for them to fix longtime problems. They also aren't looking at their competitors which can limit inspirations, particularly with Kaz being notorious for being a "dinosaur" (having outdated vision), like how the new idea done for GT7 is... Music Rally.

So it's the explanation of the notion that PD are lost cause overall, also can be read here, and that the game will never be really improved and meet expectations unless the developers aren't like them, and that they tend to only make promises without fulfilling it with how long and/or uncertain those improvements are (like how Ferrari is viewed as would never winning drivers championship again in F1 nowadays), though I expressed it in an excessive way.
I have so far stayed out of this discussion, but I would like to ask a question.
Why is it so very important to you to keep repeating your point when several people indicate they find it tiresome to hear the same criticism of PD over and over again?

My dream car was always the '70 Challenger and a close 2nd was the '69 Charger. .....the latter of which became my first car IRL which I held on to.

I was glad to see GT7 had the '70 Challenger R/T early on and really happy to see the '68 Charger although I would have preferred the '69 or sentimental reasons. ;) Heck, later in life I bought modern Challenger R/T which is still my DD. I fell in love when they released in '08 and bought one in 2010. I knew at that point I'd never have an original but at least I still have my '69 if I ever get around to restoring.

Anyhow, one thing that disappointed me about the '68 Charger is the wide body modification. I don't like it at all. Why couldn't they do it like the '70 Challenger by just extending out the fenders a bit? At the very least I wish they would allow players to fit wider wheels without body modifications. ....within reason of course.

I'm also very happy that Sophy was included in the update and yes, sad it wasn't implemented deeper than it currently is. I can understand the decision and I'm still hopeful that with future updates they begin to roll out Sophy into existing races / events. .....and perhaps at some point, Custom.

I'm also confident that they will dial in the difficulty a little better to suit more players. Even just adding a notch higher in difficulty will work. For now I've been choosing relatively stock cars and nerfing them (usually tires) to make races feel more competitive. Still better than the normal AI IMO / IME.

The payouts in Custom races was another big wish on my list they fulfilled. There is still a point of diminishing returns as there was before but it doesn't seem to drop off as soon or suddenly as it used to. it now makes grinding some of my own races for credits more feasible. ....still not as lucrative as the couple "go to" races but at least now it doesn't seem like such a waste of time in that regard.

This is probably my favorite update thus far. Crossing my fingers that Sophy gets implemented into existing races / events as it will breath new life into those as well.

My dream car was always the '70 Challenger and a close 2nd was the '69 Charger. .....the latter of which became my first car IRL which I held on to.

I was glad to see GT7 had the '70 Challenger R/T early on and really happy to see the '68 Charger although I would have preferred the '69 or sentimental reasons. ;) Heck, later in life I bought modern Challenger R/T which is still my DD. I fell in love when they released in '08 and bought one in 2010. I knew at that point I'd never have an original but at least I still have my '69 if I ever get around to restoring.

Anyhow, one thing that disappointed me about the '68 Charger is the wide body modification. I don't like it at all. Why couldn't they do it like the '70 Challenger by just extending out the fenders a bit? At the very least I wish they would allow players to fit wider wheels without body modifications. ....within reason of course.

I'm also very happy that Sophy was included in the update and yes, sad it wasn't implemented deeper than it currently is. I can understand the decision and I'm still hopeful that with future updates they begin to roll out Sophy into existing races / events. .....and perhaps at some point, Custom.

I'm also confident that they will dial in the difficulty a little better to suit more players. Even just adding a notch higher in difficulty will work. For now I've been choosing relatively stock cars and nerfing them (usually tires) to make races feel more competitive. Still better than the normal AI IMO / IME.

The payouts in Custom races was another big wish on my list they fulfilled. There is still a point of diminishing returns as there was before but it doesn't seem to drop off as soon or suddenly as it used to. it now makes grinding some of my own races for credits more feasible. ....still not as lucrative as the couple "go to" races but at least now it doesn't seem like such a waste of time in that regard.

This is probably my favorite update thus far. Crossing my fingers that Sophy gets implemented into existing races / events as it will breath new life into those as well.
Hi, just a quick reply to say you can add wide rims + wide offset to the charger with the standard body. I like the widebody variant though anyway and think they've modelled it on real world mods.... Either way I'm just happy you can soup it up to 700pp and still squeeze three laps of Le Mans with the mixture on 6, making a very viable credit farming machine.

Hi, just a quick reply to say you can add wide rims + wide offset to the charger with the standard body. I like the widebody variant though anyway and think they've modelled it on real world mods.... Either way I'm just happy you can soup it up to 700pp and still squeeze three laps of Le Mans with the mixture on 6, making a very viable credit farming machine.
Thanks.

The thing about the wider wheel option is that it doesn't really affect the width of the tire. The tire is stretched to fit. Alternatively, the offset merely changes the offset of the wheel. ....sets them further out. It has no affect on the width of the wheel and the tire like the widebody option does.

Anyhow, that was my point about wanting an option for a wider tire to fit a wider wheel. ....again, within reason considering stock clearance restrictions.

Back