Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,039 comments
Doesn't mean that the complaint isn't legitimate.

This is why games have something called difficulty slider.
Gran-Turismo%E2%84%A2-7_20220303182236-803x452.jpg
🤪

So it's proven that they can't ever create proper competent AI or even good game design. Embarassing. Not even hoping for Sophy to replace regular AI or such, don't even hope that it's anything good.
That's uh, a pretty drastic take. They've proven that they can design really decent AI IMO, but also that they need feedback on what people who play the game want. Have you raced Sophy? Do you have any feedback beyond this – which seems pretty pre-conceived and ill-informed. I'm totally ok if you thinks it's garbage, but maybe say why and how many races you've done?

Last edited:
For Sophy if people complain about losing.
That's uh, a pretty drastic take. They've proven that they can design really decent AI IMO, but also that they need feedback on what people who play the game want. Have you raced Sophy? Do you have any feedback beyond this – which seems pretty pre-conceived and ill-informed. I'm totally ok if you thinks it's garbage, but maybe say why and how many races you've done?
Decent is not enough. The shortcomings must be brought up constantly. Giving praise would just convince them that there's no work need to be done anymore.

So, we have something in the game right now, that i dare say is a world first and makes everything else look bad, and this is your take on this?
Do you have a newsletter on flat earth and chemtrails we can sign up to?
How it makes everything else look bad? GT's AI is always criticized because of how it's compared to other games. No way they're turning things 180 overnight, no way what they do would make anything else look bad.

How it makes everything else look bad? GT's AI is always criticized because of how it's compared to other games. No way they're turning things 180 overnight, no way what they do would make anything else look bad.

You'll want to stick about for races two and three.

Tried Sophy with my fully tuned Evo VI at first and it was very easy, not sure why the game gives them vehicles as if you were driving a stock car, instead of matching your PP. But even with that you can see Sophy reacting very differentely to a fast car behind it, it doesn't feel like AI just following the line and is actually aware of your presence, unlike regular AI. Also tried it on Suzuka with a stock 400R and only got 3rd place, would probably be even lower if I was racing it cleaner, like I would online. Sophy's cars were still slower than mine, which makes sense, since you are kinda suppose to win, being the almighty player, and you need to catch up from like 20-30 seconds behind. But I'm not sure why they won't just make Sophy races have standing start, you won't be able to just jump everyone in the first corner, like you can with a regular AI.

Please never work in a managerial position… for the sake of employee mental health and motivation
Those need to be constantly pushed. Never be satisfied or content. And they need to have thicker skin for the latter 2 stuff.
Dude, you have to give Sophy a chance, and don't go the usual route with a super overpowered car, take a car that gives her a fair chance, and then report back to us, honest and truthfully.
Fair chance? Even the regular AI can put up a fight if given fair chance. No-holds-barred to really test what they're made of, no artificial handicaps.
Sophy's cars were still slower than mine, which makes sense, since you are kinda suppose to win, being the almighty player, and you need to catch up from like 20-30 seconds behind. But I'm not sure why they won't just make Sophy races have standing start, you won't be able to just jump everyone in the first corner, like you can with a regular AI.
Of course there are no intention of actually making a good AI if there's still artificial difficulty in rolling starts.

Last edited:
Decent is not enough. The shortcomings must be brought up constantly. Giving praise would just convince them that there's no work need to be done anymore.
Those need to be constantly pushed. Never be satisfied or content. And they need to have thicker skin for the latter 2 stuff.
What is your logic, exactly? Is negative feedback the only valid feedback for you?

I knew you were toxic with your constant ill-informed rants about PD and the GT series, guess this toxic work ethic is a problem in Indonesia ...

Best of luck but you'll find life difficult outside of Indonesia with your "approach"

Can't wait for the new weekly challenges, who's with me? I really like that they added them, gives a reason to go back and do events you might otherwise never replay again, and having the custom event (this time the one with the 992 GT3) also is kind of way of having a new event without needing an update.

The new weekly challenges are cool, I would LOVE it if these were Sophy races though, the vanilla AI is so poor. Although less so in the Porsche challenge it seems? I don't know what tyres they're running, I noticed the top 3 bunch were actually racing me once I caught up. Weird!

Really excited to see how Sophy develops, it will give all these amazing cars some stage time; I only play daily race B/C like many people, so only really use the same Gr.3/Gr.4 cars most of the time.

I like the new track. I found the Circuit Experience very difficult to gold though, I'm absolutely dire on non-tarmac surfaces!

An extremely encouraging update from PD, just when we thought all hope was lost they really impressed me with this one, so thank you Polyphony!

Last edited:
So, I don't know the full story, but I've heard from a Lexus social media influencer that getting the LFA in the game came from within' Lexus' marketing area & was a labor of love being spearheaded by 1 individual. I don't know the exact challenges she faced except that she got a lot of "No's" & doors shut, but getting the LFA into Gran Turismo 7 was apparently a project she has worked on for over a year & refused to give up on.

Just some nifty info since so many are happy to see it back.

So, I don't know the full story, but I've heard from a Lexus social media influencer that getting the LFA in the game came from within' Lexus' marketing area & was a labor of love being spearheaded by 1 individual. I don't know the exact challenges she faced except that she got a lot of "No's" & doors shut, but getting the LFA into Gran Turismo 7 was apparently a project she has worked on for over a year & refused to give up on.

Just some nifty info since so many are happy to see it back.
Oh God what a nightmare!!

Seriously these major car manufacturers are really pissing me off.

Seriously they are so out of touch. I hope we can get lesser known brands. I think lesser known brands will no doubt be more welcoming than the big ones. They need that that extra cash plus they will promote their cars to a wider audience.

Last edited:
What is your logic, exactly? Is negative feedback the only valid feedback for you?
Isn't it is what it is for this website? Negative feedback is encouraged because it's being honest with the game's state, while praising, particularly when there's a clear flaw, is just being sheep-ish and delusional.
I knew you were toxic with your constant ill-informed rants about PD and the GT series, guess this toxic work ethic is a problem in Indonesia ...

Best of luck but you'll find life difficult outside of Indonesia with your "approach"
This has no relation with the country. Again like above, isn't this what people on this website supposed to expect developer's work? It's expected to have high expectations and demands especially to professionals such as supposed high caliber developer, and if others can accomplish something, the other like PD also must be able to accomplish the same, if not, there are no excuses that they need to step up and their shortcomings need to be pointed out constantly.

I like racing Sophy. I've had some really good racing against it. It's been like 98% clean too. Sophy has given me a reason to use a bunch of cars in my garage neglected by Sport Mode.

This one around LeMans was particularly fun, where the Ferrari was much faster on the straights but my Lexus was better on the turns. Made for a lot of racing and passing as we fought for the better part of two laps (which is quite a bit around LeMans). I 'ol switch-a-rooed' it on the last lap through the Porsche curves for the win.

36ea38de5bd2355b16f04fc1550bd697_photo.webp

Don't bring countries into this mate. One person's opinion doesn't mean an entire country is like that.

Isn't it is what it is for this website? Negative feedback is encouraged because it's being honest with the game's state, while praising, particularly when there's a clear flaw, is just being sheep-ish and delusional.
As a guy who doesn't play this a lot, I think the game still needs improvement but still gotta give credit where it's due. They are still developing Sophy so it might be adjusted in the coming months. Maybe you just have to accept that PD's work won't meet your expectations and just don't waste your time with the game anymore.

That is completely fine.

Last edited:
Back