B-Spec opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter tecknical
  • 94 comments
  • 11,647 views
Messages
451
Messages
tecknical
Messages
goodspellar69
I was wonder what everyone's opinions on B-Spec were...

I for one think it's pretty bad, but then again I only tried about 10 races.

- The driver is absolutely horrendous. I think my grandma can driver better than him. He has a much faster car than anyone but he still can't seem to gain any spots.
- No rewind is a big :( for me. What happens when I get to the 24 hour races....
- Leveling is sooo slow because my driver can't win any races. After 10 races he's about 3/4 through level 2....at this rate I'll be done with A-Spec before he's level 20
 
My driver is level 3 and he's only done 6 races. He came 2nd once, everything else has been 4th or worse.
 
I quite like it ,my drivers getting quicker and I like the idea of 2 separate career paths ,however a fast forward would be nice.
 
My driver is level 3 and he's only done 6 races. He came 2nd once, everything else has been 4th or worse.

maybe my driver is a bit....slow :dunce:

I also wish they had some races exclusive to the B-Spec mode
 
I quite like it ,my drivers getting quicker and I like the idea of 2 separate career paths ,however a fast forward would be nice.

yeah agree sitting through a 24 hour b-spec race is not my idea of fun
 
The only part that annoys me is we can't choose our own driver names :p

I went with A.Dawson because it took so long to find a normal sounding one.
 
I don't like it because the game does not explain what the different orders do and when to use them. I also find it lacking that you can only input 3 commands.

I mean if "up the pace", means speed up, well I suppose I'd just be mashing that...but it doesn't seem to do anything. So I figure maybe there are key times when you are supposed to hit the commands?
 
I don't like it because the game does not explain what the different orders do and when to use them. I also find it lacking that you can only input 3 commands.

I mean if "up the pace", means speed up, well I suppose I'd just be mashing that...but it doesn't seem to do anything. So I figure maybe there are key times when you are supposed to hit the commands?

Pace up, Pace down and maintain pace have more to do with how cool or hot-header your driver is, and also how agressive he drives. I try to keep mine in the middle, but it goes up into the red when he's stressed. Thats when I use pace down to calm him :)

and my driver's name is W. Karlsen....not exactly normal sounding...unless you're German
 
I'm still trying to level up my first one. When he gets to level 5 I'll add a second driver.

Is that how you unlock a second one? Because there's no option at the moment.
 
I'm still trying to level up my first one. When he gets to level 5 I'll add a second driver.

I think it was level 5 when I got my second but my number 1 will always be the one I use until I can use 2 in a race ,also it helps to get some good cars on a-spec first because the b-spec drivers are so slow.
 
Is that how you unlock a second one? Because there's no option at the moment.

I think you add them from the same screen where you added the first one. The Helmet icon on the left?
 
My driver has the M3 Couple Chrome Line...and came 4th in all the Sunday cup...pathetic.
 
Likely the same tactics used in GT4's B-Spec will work in GT5 since it takes a long time to max out all the values - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61033&page=2#post1580846

You have to "teach" Bob to be fast by leaving it on steady. If you have it on push, as the tires wear he's more likely to spin out without enough.

I can leave B-Spec Bob with the right car (not too fast, not too slow) and he'll win by several laps and that's even stopping sooner than I would like him too.
 
Likely the same tactics used in GT4's B-Spec will work in GT5 since it takes a long time to max out all the values - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61033&page=2#post1580846

You have to "teach" Bob to be fast by leaving it on steady. If you have it on push, as the tires wear he's more likely to spin out without enough.

I can leave B-Spec Bob with the right car (not too fast, not too slow) and he'll win by several laps and that's even stopping sooner than I would like him too.

Its quite different than GT4 B-Spec. For one, it's a lot more difficult, and you can't just leave him on steady. If you don't actively tell him to Pace Down he'll get stressed and make mistakes
 
I think you add them from the same screen where you added the first one. The Helmet icon on the left?

Yeah ,it tells you when you can make another though ,I'm pretty sure it's at level 5.
 
Its quite different than GT4 B-Spec. For one, it's a lot more difficult, and you can't just leave him on steady. If you don't actively tell him to Pace Down he'll get stressed and make mistakes

Mine's the opposite if you leave him he'll fall asleep and get passed by everyone :D
 
Mine's the opposite if you leave him he'll fall asleep and get passed by everyone :D

My driver has a lot of Strength but not much Mental Strength
 
Its quite different than GT4 B-Spec. For one, it's a lot more difficult, and you can't just leave him on steady. If you don't actively tell him to Pace Down he'll get stressed and make mistakes

Your missing my point. The likelihood of "training" still being needed with B-spec largely still applies. Why would they give you a great driver right out of the box? Some drivers are fast but hard on equipment, some drivers are more steady over a period than just flat fast.

The point is to train Bob to be good with different types of cars so when he jump from a FWD 200hp Japanese car to a 1000hp Group C prototype he'll know how to handle it.

Until somebody post a definitive tut on how to make B-Spec drivers excellent rather than just okay, I would use previous knowledge and have Bob drive cars around the Nurbugring at a few different power levels to understand car control.

My B-Spec was so-so, but after following some of the training tut and getting his machine and battle skills into the high 80's Bob nearly impossible for the AI to beat.

I'm just using common sense, I wouldn't use a lame excuse like its "new game" therefore it has to be different somehow when its not.
 
I won my first B-Spec race!!!! FF challenge, with a Honda Integra TYPE R '04 , got to second position fairly easy and then started an interesting battle with a `92 Civic. Tried to overtake with no luck and ordered Bob to calm down and stay behind. Then coming to the last lap (race was in Suzuka West) still in second place my driver was calm but physically tired, and the third was way behind so I thought, what the hell, OVERTAKE, and then my pilot got crazy and made the dirtiest pass coming to the first turn, went wide and onto the grass and then DRIFTED his way into the track again, retaining first position. Then commanded him to maintain pace for the rest of the lap, with the Civic closing by, and pushed him a little bit more coming to the straight for his first win!!!!

EPIC!!!!

I am destroyed after 6 hours playing... going to bed in a few seconds...
 
The only part that annoys me is we can't choose our own driver names :p

WHAT ?!!

Wait, PD wont even let you create your own drivers name/wont let you paint you car the way you want/wont let you change your brakes/wont let you.....(insert here)..... ?

does PD want people to make the game there own or not ?
 
I don't see how you guys are losing B-spec races? I just started B-spec and I haven't lost a race yet. I already got him to level 6.

I've even got him only using the first car I bought - the Mitsubishi FTO from the used car list.

He is between "cool" and midway.

The stats I aimed for:

Cornering, braking, and strength.

My only real strategy is to tell him to pace down till he gets out of traffic (generally takes a lap,) then I walk away and come back to him having won the race.
 
Personally, I think B-spec is very BORING! I think i'll just stick to A-spec for now!
 
The only part that annoys me is we can't choose our own driver names :p

I went with A.Dawson because it took so long to find a normal sounding one.
All the names are normal sounding. There is just a great variety of different origins. All somewhat typical for their countries. For European names (off the top of my head), I've seen Russian, Finnish, Polish, Scandinavian, Czech, Italian, Scottish, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and German names. Also, there are Japanese and Chinese names. It's a real good selection.
 
I hate b-spec with a passion. Only did Sunday Cup with it, and I don't want to do anymore.
 
All the names are normal sounding. There is just a great variety of different origins. All somewhat typical for their countries. For European names (off the top of my head), I've seen Russian, Finnish, Polish, Scandinavian, Czech, Italian, Scottish, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and German names. Also, there are Japanese and Chinese names. It's a real good selection.

Well almost all, U.Boner wasn't too normal sounding.
 
I like it, though I'm primarily racing him in events where his car outclasses everyone so I don't have to babysit him. He's level 8 now with a record of 28 wins (out of 32 races). I'm looking forward to him generating me nice cash while I'm working on other things or cleaning etc :)

My general tips -- keep him calm enough so he doesn't make mistakes. Give him a nice car and make sure to give him the best tires allowed for that race.

Most of the time I just have to get him in front early on and then calm him down -- he'll do fine the rest of the race.
 
Last edited:
Lol's I just gave him my GT-R and he's eating the AI alive in every race.
 
Basically just make enough money in A-Spec that you can give B-Spec Bob a killer car, and then let him level up that way.
 
Back