B-Spec opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter tecknical
  • 94 comments
  • 11,647 views
The remote B-Spec is gonna be awesome. I can play B-Spec while I watch TV.

I wish I could just send my B-Spec driver to do laps of some track in a practice mode. Just give him a car and set him loose for a few hours and see if he learns anything.
 
i set my driver to race when the wife wants to watch tv and i switch back to pick the next race! my driver blows!
 
My main gripe is that you can't just set him at a specific pace then let him go. Even if he gets out in front, he ends up cooling down and driving at like 20mph. So if you're not constantly babysitting, Bob will throw the race away. I miss being able to just set em on 4 and walk away.
 
My driver is level 4 and I give him good cars to race with. Only lost 1 race so far. That was a second place finish. Im enjoying B-spec. There are problems with it, I agree but I like being able to break up the rest of the game with the development of my B-spec driver. It seems like it can become quite tetious later on in the game but thats cool with me. Ill just switch back to A-spec for a while. :)
 
I would just like to say the following:
B-Spec bored the life out of me, but it could be a good way to make money without repeating races you've already done.

Also, my driver totally sucks but he's called B. Mason, B for Bob, of course, and Mason because of Heavy Rain and the whole 'JAAASOOON' thing.
 
I think they should have 2 in one. You can choose how to do your race, A spec, B spec, I do 5 laps, pit in, he takes over... etc...

After a few races I don't see the point of being a manager other than making cash/experience
 
My B-Spec driver just raced with a J. Montoya.
 
My driver HATED my tuned Civic Type-R, but won everything once I accidentally put him in a stock M-Coupe.

I have to keep my Bob in something fast otherwise he red-lines, gets stuck in traffic and turns to jello.

He is definitely not enjoying my souped up Yaris.

And Bspec needs 2x+ BADLY.
 
Last edited:
My driver #1 driver aka P. Le Rouxe is alright, nothing bad like some people here claim there drivers to be. I had picked a cool personality. My 2nd driver aka N. de Clerq is a noob but actually proves worthy. I see talent in that kid, he's gonna be a legend. He fudged up pretty bad though in his first race, he was on the final turn and spun out of 2nd place. My only issue with b-spec is there is no Fast Forward so it drags.

Edit: my noob driver just won a race my higher rank driver couldn't pass after 4 tries. This kid is magic i tells ya, Magic!
 
Question: sorry to get off note but are there any Finnish names? (e.g Hanninen, Makinen, Lehitenen) Maybe if he's finnish he'll be faster (that's what happens in real life lol) :p
 
Question: sorry to get off note but are there any Finnish names? (e.g Hanninen, Makinen, Lehitenen) Maybe if he's finnish he'll be faster (that's what happens in real life lol) :p


Thats funny.






I would have to agree with the masses on this. Even though I dont like saying it, B-spec would be a whole lot better with a fast foward. Ill admit.

I picked a driver with a cool personality and it seems to be paying off. Almost always wins races.
 
You just have to stick with them, a friend of mines driver was utterly useless until he hit level 10, you just have to keep on top of the temperament gauge keep it hovering just a bit to the right of the centre line, if the gauge goes into the blue lap times will drop by 5-10 seconds a lap.
 
I'm really digging the B-Spec mode, but why is my driver such a dumba**? I was doing the compact cup championship and had already won the first two races. On the third and final race at Cape Ring Inner, the guy continually spins himself out at the last S-curve. No matter how much I try and slow the pace down for him, he overshoots the first part of the corner and then attempts to cut the car back on track, thus causing a spin. I end up finishing that race 7th place and get the silver trophy......

Edit: Maybe I'm pushing him too hard? I noticed that he was pretty much maxxed out in the red for most of that race. But what else can I do but push the guy after he spins out and falls back to 8th each lap?
 
What level is he? It takes a while for the skill bar to move up.
 
I don't quite understand the point of B Spec now, I mean in GT4 it was useful for 24hr races and gaining cash quick, now I don't quite see the purpose, its tedious and long, whats the point?

I mean why watch someone race when you could race yourself? If there was a X3 button like before I would understand, maybe once remote B Spec mode is online it will make more sense!?!?!
 
If he is still falling off after level 5/6 then that is the time to worry.

I think GT uses the approach that a level 0 driver has never driven a car before and therefore has no skill, just someone who wanted to give it a go and after all you don't have to pay them wages so its all good.

A level 2 guy is the equivalent of a learner who indicates 2 miles before the junction and religiously never moves his hands away from 10 to 2 on the wheel.
 
The best part so far was watching Mr Senna on the last corner of the Tsubukashi (spelling) track in 2nd place, the back end slipped out and he drifted round the outside of the car in 1st and won the race
 
Also to add, I did one of my drivers as hot (red) and the other calm (blue) and I noticed the calmer driver is much better, their both level 7.

The hot driver overtakes quicker, he'd be 1st after 1 or 2 laps but then messes up or slows down and losses the lead whereas the calmer driver will only get to 1st in 4 laps but keeps the pace steady and doesn't make a mistake in 1st place.
 
Do you win money to spend on your own cars or can you only use it for b spec races.
 
Do you win money to spend on your own cars or can you only use it for b spec races.

You can use theese money for whatever you want, btw your driver uses your cars.
 
The winnings go into the same pot so can be used for anything you want.
 
My driver S.Irwin is lvl 17 now, it's a lot better now and I only need to push him once in a while to overtake.
 
I still don't get how does the remote B-Spec mode works, neither how can I get it functioning. Can someone explain to me?

PD: B-Spec is easy if you catch the drift of the commands, the driver's tension bar and give the driver a slightly over-powered car, like the Tommy ZZ for the Sunday Cup and the World Compact Cup.
 
I still don't get how does the remote B-Spec mode works, neither how can I get it functioning. Can someone explain to me?

From the manual: "We plan to introduce support for Remote Races in a December 2010 update"
 
I still don't get how does the remote B-Spec mode works, neither how can I get it functioning. Can someone explain to me?

PD: B-Spec is easy if you catch the drift of the commands, the driver's tension bar and give the driver a slightly over-powered car, like the Tommy ZZ for the Sunday Cup and the World Compact Cup.

It doesn't work at all yet, should be somewhere in december with an update.
 
From the manual: "We plan to introduce support for Remote Races in a December 2010 update"

Oh, well, guess we've got to wait 'till then. I really look forward to level up my drivers while doing homework :dopey:

PD: I'm right now at level 3 with my almost hot-blooded driver. Just give him a ZZ or a OSC Concept with turbo, order him to slow pace after overtaking, and enjoy an easy win :sly:

PD2: I also miss a fast-forward button. I don't know what we will do in the 24 resistance events...
 
Dont like the new BOB-SPEC, very lazy when driving and does not react to orders given when told to INCREASE PACE - OVERTAKE and the other crap so I will not be using BOB too much. Should have left it how it was in GT4 because at least the next time you used him depending what tracks you had taken him to and frequency of times used you could see an improvement.

Sorry BOB!!
 
Also to add, I did one of my drivers as hot (red) and the other calm (blue) and I noticed the calmer driver is much better, their both level 7.

The hot driver overtakes quicker, he'd be 1st after 1 or 2 laps but then messes up or slows down and losses the lead whereas the calmer driver will only get to 1st in 4 laps but keeps the pace steady and doesn't make a mistake in 1st place.

Yea, I am doing the same thing. I have one calm driver and one hot tempered one.

J.Stone and F.Spark
 
Back