B-Spec opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter tecknical
  • 94 comments
  • 11,647 views
Bob's killing the AI with my 247hp Miata in Sunday Cup right now ;]

He did a sweet drift I need to photo it.
 
Its a grind but after losing the same race back to back to back to the same comp with the same car no mods he is learning and getting better. Now owning the K-car cup after getting owned 4 times, 5/5/4/3/2/1/1/1/1 now lvl 5 with 14wins in 22 races.

T.Peeters is his name. I took him out of my turbo Miata the first race because he kept going sideways :).

Oh its ok but not being able do 2x is going to suck for longer races.
 
I am a big F1 fan, and this is kind of cool, when your tired of playing and just want to do something else around the house, just put it on a B spec race and monitor it every so often.

Like F1, the pit is always talking to the driver telling him when his rivals are faster and to pick up pace or conserve the car and turn it down a litttle bit.
 
I'm liking the B-Spec. I carefully weighed out what I wanted when I created my driver, and I don't think I could be happier. I ran the Sunday Cup in the Tommy Kaira ZZ which was equal to the highest powered typical opponent and finished 2nd in my first race on Autumn Ring Mini without too many mistakes. Made some adjustments to my commands and won the second race. Had an easy time on the next 2 races. Ran a couple more with different tactics to see if it impacted the XP gained. Ran another race in I forget which event with an underpowered Eunos and won. I like it more than GT4, there's more complexity I feel instead of just picking pace 1-5 and keeping overtake selected. Sure it's easy to give Bob a car that outclasses everything and let him pull away, but that takes all the fun out of it.

One thing I don't get is the XP system. I gave my guy an R8 Chrome Line for the Sunday Cup Autumn Ring Mini race and got the same amount I got for winning with the ZZ. And my guy is only level 3. I got a spread of 4 points (224 low, 228 high) in the couple times I ran that race. A win in the ZZ, second in the ZZ, 3rd in a 300SL Chrome Line and a win in the R8. I expected a bigger difference than 4 points, especially considering a 3rd place finish, which ended up as the second highest point total of 225. I expected more points for using an underpowered car compared to an overpowered one, like the system in GT4. Maybe it's just this way in the Beginner events.
 
My guy is almost level 5 after taking part in about 10 races and winning 5 or so of them. In all of these though he has required a MUCH MUCH faster car than what I would use for the race in A spec, and even in the races I had him doing last night (world classic car champs) he was failing to gain places because he was being far too cautious, he was clearly much faster than the other cars but would jam the brakes on mid corner (to keep himself from ramming the car in front) but that would mean he exits the corner miles slower than the opposition and takes the whole straight to catch back up, before doing the same the next corner, anyone with some sense would just hug the back bumper of the car in front through the apex then nail it.

A MASSIVE bug I noticed last night when bob was doing the Fuji race of the Yaris cup was that other cars were slowing down (a lot) at random points on the track, On turn 4 I saw bob drive past a car that was waiting on the outside of the track as if he wanted to rejoin (he'd been wide) buit he just sat there with his brakes on for about 10 seconds while bob approached, drove past, and went out of sight...then about 3 turns later bob flew past 2 cars that were nose to tail doing about 25 MPH towards turn 7
 
My guy is level 4, and he's 15 wins out of 15 races. But this isn't fair, cause on one track he cannot pass them up and I quit last night. Just no space on this darn track for such an idiot early braker. I have "L.Muller". Don't like him much. That race is in the FR challenge in the beginners section, on Tsukuba. Bleh..
 
Well almost all, U.Boner wasn't too normal sounding.

I've raced against a Mr. Kobayashi and a Mr. Vettel. :P
Also a Mr. G. Bar, which just reminded me of a certain Electric Six song.

I like the B-Spec mode, you're more involved than GT4's "Steady pace, overtake, 3x speed" routine.
 
It's fun if your car isn't too superior compared to the others but I hope for more options during endurance races.
 
Bought a ZR1, and beat em'. That was easy. Only required 200K, ROFL! But man is he slow on corners.
 
I dont know if any of you are football(soccer) fans but I noticed alot of soccer star names while cycling through the names while creating my guy. A. Carroll (Andy Carroll, Newcastle) T. Walcott (Theo Walcott, Arsenal) G. Dos Santos (Giovanni Dos Santos, Tottenham) W. Sneijder (Wesley Sneijder, Inter) and some others. I also noticed K. Malone, and J. Bieber LOL
 
The AI on B-Spec is pretty poor.

My Car was coming round the corner too wide on the Cape Ring track (the spiral part), hit the barrier that splits the pit lane and the track head on, it reversed out then drove into the pitlane on the first lap instead of carrying along on the track!

Anybody else experienced this?
 
Well, the B-Spec is alright. Haven't spent much time on it (Lv.3 right now) and will do that soon. I'm not fond of the B-Spec races getting double the amount of laps that you would usually have in A-Spec races. And another thing. How do I use my mental strength? My driver only keeps using his strength and it's irritating. The drivers have ridiculous names. I swear one of them is a basketball player.

It is funny how my driver has a faster vehicle than the rest and cannot overtake simple cars. What makes that even funnier is that my driver gets all hot headed over easy competition. GT5 should have a drug store. Maybe as an add-on or something.
 
I have my kids do mine, told them they are the "coaches".
 
I don't know whats wrong with my driver but he is absolutely rubbish. One thing saves his job, his name is Pink Floyd (P.Floyd) :D
 
I really cannot understand the need for a b-spec mode. Im also missing the unique dealership races as well, should have put them in instead of this boring b-spec shambles.
 
I really cannot understand the need for a b-spec mode. Im also missing the unique dealership races as well, should have put them in instead of this boring b-spec shambles.

I really think b-spec was super easy to implement -- the AI is already there for the most part and the events are the same as A-Spec. I really don't think they had to sacrifice anything to have this feature.

I really dig the idea that I can have it running in the background, such as now as I type this, and I'll have credits from it.
 
My guy's name is S.Harvey (yep, Steve Harvey, one of the Original Kings of Comedy) and the only reason he's won any races are because I put him behind the wheel of the Audi chrome series car that came with the CE.

I skipped B-spec in GT4, need to learn how to actually do it right.
 
Your missing my point. The likelihood of "training" still being needed with B-spec largely still applies. Why would they give you a great driver right out of the box? Some drivers are fast but hard on equipment, some drivers are more steady over a period than just flat fast.

The point is to train Bob to be good with different types of cars so when he jump from a FWD 200hp Japanese car to a 1000hp Group C prototype he'll know how to handle it.

Until somebody post a definitive tut on how to make B-Spec drivers excellent rather than just okay, I would use previous knowledge and have Bob drive cars around the Nurbugring at a few different power levels to understand car control.

My B-Spec was so-so, but after following some of the training tut and getting his machine and battle skills into the high 80's Bob nearly impossible for the AI to beat.

I'm just using common sense, I wouldn't use a lame excuse like its "new game" therefore it has to be different somehow when its not.

Is this possible? I read this earlier and it was a good idea so I decided to go try it. Except I can't have B-Spec practice sessions, only A-Spec. The only way it seems he can gain experience and skill is by racing.
 
Gotta say I'm loving B-spec, though there do seem to be some glitches...most annoyingly is on the Vitz race in Amateur series....Bob ran wide and then just sat on the edge of the track, waited for all 11 cars to go past then dawdled back on to the circuit (whilst I was screaming at him to get a ******* move on :)) Very frustrating it happening once but just cannot win that race as he does the same thing every time I attempt it?
 
I must've spent about 30 minutes trying to find a cool name and F.Senna showed up! Tried to get a hot temperament as one of his qualities and gave him the green/yellow suit and helmet :dopey:

Unfortunately he was my first B-Spec driver so his win loss record wasn't exactly the best so I decided to "sign" a new driver up - F.Montoya (Juan Pablo Montoya hint hint). Perfect win-loss record so far :sly:
 
Last edited:
I just got my 2nd driver. 1st one is lvl 6 and he has won 15/17 races but i have put him in superior racecars comapred to the competition. I think its really cool, my strategy was to get ahead of the pack by the end of the 1st lap and then just cruise from then on and it has worked almost every time :)

B Spec BOB likes to spin out in anything high powered with NON-racing tires. for the races on comfort or sport tires you need 4WD or just enough power not to spin the tires coming out of a corner in 2nd / 3rd gear.
 
Yes the AI B-spec is very poor, but its quite a challenge and very funny too watch, but it could have some more functions, not only pace and overtake options. As for the driver´s there all bad, tried drifferent settings and they all su.., i´m a lvl 2 b-spec 2wins/8races, got 2 wins in grand valley east and 2nd in tsukuba and still can´t win the the sunday cup autumn ring mini, finished 6 with a honda civic type-r 196bhp.

I think the best way is to start your b-spec in a faster track. What do you guys think??

Ps: sorry for my english ;)
 
Right I've noticed that my driver has a orange down arrow in the top right for the last two races, does this just mean my drivers on a downer for a few races or has he reached his peak (after 14 races!!) and now he's only going to go from awful to unsafe?

If he is finished when I create a new driver will they be level like my current driver is or will I start at level 0 again?
 
Gotta say I'm loving B-spec, though there do seem to be some glitches...most annoyingly is on the Vitz race in Amateur series....Bob ran wide and then just sat on the edge of the track, waited for all 11 cars to go past then dawdled back on to the circuit (whilst I was screaming at him to get a ******* move on :)) Very frustrating it happening once but just cannot win that race as he does the same thing every time I attempt it?

This just happened to Ping Pong Bob at Sarthe. He drove into the sand entering the front straight (whilst in first place) then sat there until every car passed. I reset the race as a do over as he was a mile behind after this and Ping Pong did it again!!

I realize these are drivers early in career but I didn't think they were training to be drunks on the road.
 
Somehow I'm really hooked in B-spec. V.Senna, B.Schumacher & N.Alba representing! Still working on getting Yamauchi as my 4th driver now :D
 
Right I've noticed that my driver has a orange down arrow in the top right for the last two races, does this just mean my drivers on a downer for a few races or has he reached his peak

---I have noticed that my driver has a green arrow pointing to the right...

Anyone know what the arrows mean?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love B-Spec

Play A-Spec when i have time, and play B-Spec when i'm taking a break and browsing the internet.. while STILL MAKING CREDITS!

Also, if they do implement remote B-Spec i'm gonna faint. It's what i've been waiting for!
 
Back