B-Spec's worse fear...the OVAL!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shane136
  • 57 comments
  • 7,371 views
Messages
561
Messages
ShaneNarrow
Anyone else have trouble in every oval track race with a B-Spec driver? You could have the X1 against midget II's and he would still find a way to lose.
 
Last edited:
Also known as the famous “DON'T BRAKE YOU ****ING IDIOT”.
 
Once my driver hit lvl 15 its been very easy, but early on definatly had trouble at daytona and indy.
 
Yeah my drivers also have this problem, they usually do good in races but on the Daytona race theres like 3 spots he always brakes for no reason at.
Things i dont get about B-spec is, how come the other computers at low levels drive the same as they would as in A-spec even at a high level.
 
The oval yes, a disaster! :banghead:
 
My 3 drivers are very good but for some reason they fear the oval... they manage to lose in almost every car.
The truck race was one excellent example where it took Bob 10+ tries to win in a perfectly tuned Tacoma X-Runner. Sad...
 
my solution is to max downforce... the idiot still brakes... but alot less :)
 
Never thought about the brakes. I will turn them off next time I have a go and see how that works. Thanks!
 
I've given up on B Spec. Historic Cote, GT All Stars, American Championship, Dream Car Championship, Super GT. None of these will get done until I have a ridiculous amount of cash for a car that will decimate all (2J, FGT), and that's not happening.

I'm sick and tired of my B Spec driver sucking the fun out of this game for me.
 
Never thought about the brakes. I will turn them off next time I have a go and see how that works. Thanks!

He still does brake so don't think he will just fly around the corners. It helps a lot but he wills till brake lol.
 
I gave my lv 0 driver Toyota Minolta and he won easily at Daytona... I'm sure he braked where he didn't have to, but I didn't watch :D
 
Yea, I can not for the life of me figure out why my guy is braking at Daytona. :ouch:
 
Simply remove brakes

This, or at least leave either the front or rear brakes at 1 only, funny thing I found is that once in the lead you only have to tell B-spec Bob to speed up in the corners, not the straights.
That's where he can actually gain some distance without worrying about slipstream as the AI also slightly brake before corners too.
Just tell him to speed up at the end of the straight (which makes him go into the corners at a higher speed than the AI) and keep repeating this and with the proper set-up (essential) he can gain quite a leap I found (even in both NASCAR oval events). :)
 
Hey guys, I have the solution for you all If you don't want Bob to brake on oval track:

Your driver's class level must be at least as same as the track's entry level. no matter what your B-Spec level is.
 
Last edited:
hahaha soooo true with all the posts posted above.

I tried setting my brakes to 0/0 on the ZR1 and the idiot still braked :(
 
Hey guys, I have the solution for you all:
You shouldn't put a class 9 driver in a level 10 oval track, otherwise he'll always brake. no matter what your B-Spec level is.
Your Bob's class level must match to the tracks' entry level.

What do you mean? Like it has to be level 10 driver on a level 10 track? Because I got a lot of level 17-20 drivers and a 24 driver and they still will break on a level 21 track on like the wind.
 
I’m at level 36 in B-spec and my Bob's driving the X-1 at Indy, still brake and down shift for the corners.

I’ve just learned to live with it….
 
What do you mean? Like it has to be level 10 driver on a level 10 track? Because I got a lot of level 17-20 drivers and a 24 driver and they still will break on a level 21 track on like the wind.

It doesn't have to match exactly. could be equal or greater.
Don't know why your lvl 24 driver brakes, he's probably just a moron :sly:
 
I’m at level 36 in B-spec and my Bob's driving the X-1 at Indy, still brake and down shift for the corners.

I’ve just learned to live with it….

Yeah, it's not a big deal, I just figured I would make a funny topic about it because I know most people have been through that "why the **** did you break!!!!!" as cars fly by.
 
My level 23 bob still needs coaching for Like the Wind Indy in a FGT. :nervous:
 
you would think after racing 100 times that Bob would figure out how to pass instead of looking on both sides, braking, then just getting behind the person. Or how he sheds off 70+mph of speed on Like The Wind Indy, letting at least 2 cars slam into his rear bumper or just go past him.
 
I gave the pace up command repeatedly, (every 10 seconds), and never gave the overtake command at all. Worked great !
 
From what I noticed, majority of the pointless braking that Bob does at the (two) oval tracks are due to,

-The car's aerodynamics
-The car's weight
-Other cars in front of Bob's
 
i have this problem with every car except for the FGT, with that i can just start up a race and walk away and Bob will always win, even at the indy 500
 
From what I noticed, majority of the pointless braking that Bob does at the (two) oval tracks are due to,

-The car's aerodynamics
-The car's weight
-Other cars in front of Bob's

If you ever turn on the lines that shows you when to stop and speed up it will show when to break and even tho you don't need to break the B-Spec driver will break on those even if he doesn't need to.
 
If you ever turn on the lines that shows you when to stop and speed up it will show when to break and even tho you don't need to break the B-Spec driver will break on those even if he doesn't need to.

Every car's driving line is different, depending on what I mentioned previously. But in addition to that, when the line is red (to brake), the amount that Bob brakes varies, depending on the car he's using.
 
Back