B-Spec's worse fear...the OVAL!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shane136
  • 57 comments
  • 7,371 views
Every car's driving line is different, depending on what I mentioned previously. But in addition to that, when the line is red (to brake), the amount that Bob brakes varies, depending on the car he's using.

What I'm saying is every car well at least cars that can compete with the cars in like the wind will have the brake lines, so no matter what you will have it and your B-Spec driver will brake.
 
Just spam pace up repeatedly. Also, make sure your car is overpowered.
 
My level 29 Bob is grinding the Indy race for cash right now in the X1.
He blasts by everyone in the straights, but if he gets into a corner with someone ahead of him, him slows down and stays behind them until the end of the corner and then resumes speed on the straights.
I've watched him fish tail the car from braking so hard trying to slow down from 260mph to 150mph just so he can stay behind the driver in front of him! All he would have to do is turn the wheel slightly to either side and he would fly right past them.
If he hits no traffic, he can do a lap at Indy in 31 seconds.
With traffic, I've seen him take as long as 55 seconds.
That is pathetic.
 
I've given up on B Spec. Historic Cote, GT All Stars, American Championship, Dream Car Championship, Super GT. None of these will get done until I have a ridiculous amount of cash for a car that will decimate all (2J, FGT), and that's not happening.

I'm sick and tired of my B Spec driver sucking the fun out of this game for me.

I a got toyota woodone supra winning b-spec as we speak. Give your drivers time if their still low on xp. I have a 19 and 17 racing the super gt and their doing fine.
 
bump him up to push hard that might help
 
If you train Bob to be aggressive early in the game he will kill the ovals...my guy is grinding Like the Wind in an FGT and he consistently laps the field....:)

In fact, my guy can be cruising along in full blue but if he ever sees a car in front of him he turns into a pit bull and goes full red until he passes...
 
If you train Bob to be aggressive early in the game he will kill the ovals...my guy is grinding Like the Wind in an FGT and he consistently laps the field....:)

In fact, my guy can be cruising along in full blue but if he ever sees a car in front of him he turns into a pit bull and goes full red until he passes...

👍 Okay, good! I was wondering about that! You're experience is the same as mine. However!!! Poor B-Spec Bob has no hope at the Historic race in Monaco. He's in a modded Toyota 7 and I've never seen him take corners so slowly, it's awful! Do any of you have tips/strategies to win that event? Deep Forest was cake in comparison!
 
Use the driver that is new 0 exp he will have no fear thats what I used and he shot up to first. He may hit the walls but will stay in first if u keep pacing him up.
 
I gave the pace up command repeatedly, (every 10 seconds), and never gave the overtake command at all. Worked great !

This Works 👍

As does changing the Brakes to 1 front and 0 (ZERO) rear

Max Downforce and Gear the Cars to suit the Track and Type of Car
 
If you train Bob to be aggressive early in the game he will kill the ovals...my guy is grinding Like the Wind in an FGT and he consistently laps the field....:)

In fact, my guy can be cruising along in full blue but if he ever sees a car in front of him he turns into a pit bull and goes full red until he passes...

I think how Bob handles the field has a lot to do with how his temperment is when you first get him, and POSSIBLY how much you push him in his first few races. Red drivers tend to be able to handle things a bit better. Mine (at least both my slightly red drivers) do the same thing. Blue until they get ready to lap or pass, then they red up, and go for it! Once clear of the traffic, they slowly return blue, until the next passing opportunity. Trick is to watch out for him, if he reds up too much JUST before a really technical section (obviously not the Daytona or Indy ovals!), he can get a bit sideways if he doesn't cool down quick enough. A brief Pace Down at this points speeds up his recovery to zen-like calm...:)

But, all this aside, I STILL really don't get B-Spec as anything but a hands off way to grind credits without boring yourself to death racing the same events over and over again. The only really consistent way to win is to overpower Bob as much as the game allows (which means putting him in a FGT or Minolta when the field is all around 400hp) and walking away. Now, I ask you... What form of racing does THAT 'simulate'?:yuck:

That I HAVE to play this abortion of an idea to get some of the prize cars (that I'll be unlikely to get any other way) is crazy. I really wonder, sometimes... How much time does Kaz spend playing B-Spec as opposed to A-Spec? I'm already convinced he's NEVER played the game from the beginning. Bet you anything he's got a Garage with all 1000 cars already upgraded, and he doesn't even KNOW that the rest of us HAVE to grind, either A or B-Spec, and only plays B-Spec occasionally.

Must be nice...
 
I'm 99% sure that all the red/blue meter when you first get him has to do with how fast his cool down/ heat up is.

ie: full red Bob heats up/cools down fast.
Full blue Bob heats/cools slow.
 
I have a Lv.40 Bob, and he is still a complete retard on ovals.
 
👍 Okay, good! I was wondering about that! You're experience is the same as mine. However!!! Poor B-Spec Bob has no hope at the Historic race in Monaco. He's in a modded Toyota 7 and I've never seen him take corners so slowly, it's awful! Do any of you have tips/strategies to win that event? Deep Forest was cake in comparison!

Well, I had to resort to my 900hp Toyota 7 for Cote...constantly pressing Bob to 'overtake'...after about 6 laps he had a comfortable lead and I let him finish in peace....:)
 
Yeah, it's not a big deal, I just figured I would make a funny topic about it because I know most people have been through that "why the **** did you break!!!!!" as cars fly by.



Oh don’t get me wrong OP, it does piss me off that the B-spec’s drive like this…yeah you can try all of the “tricks” and I do. Hell I have a kitchen timer that I use to remind me to look in on him from time to time if I’m watching TV or on-line or something …LOL

But it shouldn’t be that way… Today I did the Endurance Indy 500 in A-spec in about 25 minutes less time than the Bob's do it in B-spec… Because I didn’t need slow for the corners.

Not to hijack this thread but do you guys think the AI is bad and not properly done…

Or does PG want it this way??
 
Well, I had to resort to my 900hp Toyota 7 for Cote...constantly pressing Bob to 'overtake'...after about 6 laps he had a comfortable lead and I let him finish in peace....:)

Did he not crash into corners like he does for me?
 
Did he not crash into corners like he does for me?

You can't pass on that corner he will hit that edge almost every time. Just keep hitting pace up and when you're pass that corner just hit overtake.
 
You can't pass on that corner he will hit that edge almost every time. Just keep hitting pace up and when you're pass that corner just hit overtake.

Exactly...in the chicane and the last turn especially....
 
I’m at level 36 in B-spec and my Bob's driving the X-1 at Indy, still brake and down shift for the corners.

I’ve just learned to live with it….

Bob is permanently banned form the X1, while racing on Indy he was smashing into guys at speeds of 270mph. So he done with that car until he can learn to respect it.
 
Dear diary,

Today Bob(level 40) was given a Bugatti and sent off to do a race in Daytona, in the supercar champ.
He finished in a very noble way in seventh position.
I was so very proud...
 
Dear diary,

Today Bob(level 40) was given a Bugatti and sent off to do a race in Daytona, in the supercar champ.
He finished in a very noble way in seventh position.
I was so very proud...

It's sad stupid that the only surefire way to ensure a win at Daytona in B-spec SCS is dumping Bob in a frickin' X2010...
 
It's sad stupid that the only surefire way to ensure a win at Daytona in B-spec SCS is dumping Bob in a frickin' X2010...

To be fair, he does win most times. It's just that with the veyron he should win every time by a lap...
 
My idiot driver keeps getting hit from behind by the other AIs. LOL
 
My B-Spec bob is fine at daytona in the FGT, He hardly ever brakes, Good Bob :D
 
👍 Okay, good! I was wondering about that! You're experience is the same as mine. However!!! Poor B-Spec Bob has no hope at the Historic race in Monaco. He's in a modded Toyota 7 and I've never seen him take corners so slowly, it's awful! Do any of you have tips/strategies to win that event? Deep Forest was cake in comparison!

Use the jaguar xj-13 instead with this setup:

Parts: High RPM Range Turbo Kit, Racing Tyres
Transmission: Max Speed: 250KM/H - 155 MPH (or closest)
Suspension: Toe Angle Rear: 0,0
Everything else: Default

Make sure you start in front of the chaparral or you overtake him in the first couple of corners, because when he's gone he's gone forgood! ;) If you're in front of him he won't easily pass you and you will find it's a rather easy win!

Edit: If you don't have the xj-13 let me know and i will put it online so you can borrow!
 
Last edited:
I gave my lv 0 driver Toyota Minolta and he won easily at Daytona... I'm sure he braked where he didn't have to, but I didn't watch :D
Good for you:)
 
Exactly...in the chicane and the last turn especially....
I've seen a 2J crash at the last turn BEFORE the start of the race! PATHETIC:lol:
 
Back