Backfire screen shots!!

• Thread starter ADBAN
  • 643 comments
I remember when I first encuntered a turbo lag in GT1. It was a fully modified Evo IV (btw, it looked exactly the same as a certain Evo IV in a Jackie Chan movie about car racing). Anyway I had absloutely no idea why my beast wouldn't take off like a rocket from lower PRMs.

I remember doing the exact same thing in Tokyo Xtreme Racer, tuned a LanEvo4 to some 5-600 PS and if you have a crash and have to start from standing still, it'll take some good 4-or so secs. for the big turbo to spool up 👍

Another thing, in GT games ( all except the first) when you accelerate, no matter if you are at 2000 ro 8000 rpm, the turbo meter is always full (when you give full throttle)......and it fills up immediately...... Can you imagine a car going from zero- to full boost in 0.05 of a second at 2000 rpm?? Neither can I :dunce:

reminds me I spun out with my Stage 4 turbo skyline on uphill in GT1
then I had to brake and throttle to get turbo power back
by the time I already lost the race .... good old time

In general, performance parts simulation in GT1 was more advanced than in GT2 or GT3. In GT1, better or race-spec components increased power in midhigh/high rpms while decreased at lower ones (like in real life). Also, turbo lag was much more noticeable and selecting the most appropriate combination for the track you were about to race added some strategy (in twisty races you may want more low-end torque and power). In GT2/3 even a stage 4 turbo modification adds power at every rpms. This was most noticeable in GT2 where power charts were still available. In GT3, the only exception to this seems to be the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak with the Stage 4 Turbo modification, which loses a lot of torque at low/mid rpms. But even with this car, boost seems to rise too fast (no lag at all, just torque lowered at low rpms). The ridiculous thing is that part descriptions in GT2/3 (which are a direct cut&paste from GT1) still mention about lag/major losses at lower rpms when fitting racing/semiracing/stage 3-4 parts.

Hopefully in GT4 there will be realistic performace upgrades.

GT3 did have noticeable turbo lag, well, if you used hybrids that is. On MK's I put the Stage 4 turbo on the Alto Works and changed the boost pressure line (it was called something different in the .ini) to a really high number. When I used it on GT3 it took about 30 seconds before it actually started to rev up, but when it did, it literally flew off the line. :lol:

eddieturner2002
GT3 did have noticeable turbo lag, well, if you used hybrids that is. On MK's I put the Stage 4 turbo on the Alto Works and changed the boost pressure line (it was called something different in the .ini) to a really high number. When I used it on GT3 it took about 30 seconds before it actually started to rev up, but when it did, it literally flew off the line. :lol:
I had the same problem with a fully tuned Alto Works, but I found out that it was the fault of the racing intercooler. Put on the smaller one, and you'll see it'll rev up much faster.

The Vitara had a serious turbo lag though, but I think it was pretty much the only one in GT3.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

So would you say that GTs 2 and 3 had EASIER upgrades in engine performance, with all the talk about upgrades in GT1?

there is 1 thing i hate about GT3, that you dont here the wastegate-valve outside the car

i hope that wil be different in GT4, it would be auwsome in combination with background fire

Back