Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,146 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I was watching my tyre wear at Nurb, when we had it on ... Due to the nature of the track and possibly my driving, my Soft's lasted a good 6/7 laps ... the FR's do have better tyre wear functionality, but if I got only those laps out of my soft's then what will the AWD or FF guys get from their tyres? ... How much time will be lost if you run Med's or Hard's for the next 13/14 laps? ...

Swapping compounds for each race weekend could prove interesting and 'Spice things up" for the Feature Race ... e.g. Only RS and RH for Nurb at the first round ... that way when if drivers start on Hard's then they'll qualify lower, but will be able to leap frog the others in the pits ... the guys who quali on Soft's will have to pull a strategic plan out of their 🤬 to secure victory ...

Ross Brawn Tactics anyone? ... :lol:

Softs and hards, but no mediums? Holy god!!!
 
Edited ... :lol:

Okay ... Decision's final ...

Race procedure revisions ...

  • Full Tyre/Fuel wear on for the Feature Race. It will not be on for the Sprint Race
  • Hard, Medium and Soft Tyres allowed, but a Two Compound Mandate will run per Race Weekend. This means that one Race Weekend could run run RS/Rh or RM/RH or RS/RM Compounds. A decision will be announced on the Monday prior to the Race Weekend.
  • At least one Mandatory Pit Stop per race
  • You MUST start the race with the tyres you qualified on
  • Sprint Race will begin BEFORE the Feature Race
  • Feature Race will run in reverse grid order of the Sprint Race
 
This is cool....I like.

Just one thing....

The point allocated for pole - starting the race on the same tires for the race.

Now that the Sprint race is first, and we wont have tire wear on for it, this rule becomes predictable as I am sure everyone will qualify on softs.

Unless this carries over for the feature race, but that means you will have to take note on who ran what tire, then remember before we start the feature to check again that they are back to the correct combo they used for quali....ouch

A possibility: Let everyone just qualify on softs without tire wear during quali to get the ultimate true fast lap rewarding driver skill
 
This is cool....I like.

Just one thing....

The point allocated for pole - starting the race on the same tires for the race.

Now that the Sprint race is first, and we wont have tire wear on for it, this rule becomes predictable as I am sure everyone will qualify on softs.

Unless this carries over for the feature race, but that means you will have to take note on who ran what tire, then remember before we start the feature to check again that they are back to the correct combo they used for quali....ouch

A possibility: Let everyone just qualify on softs without tire wear during quali to get the ultimate true fast lap rewarding driver skill

There's so much editing and re-editing going on that it's bound that I will miss something or another ... thanks for pointing out because that rule is now made redundant ...


Race procedure revisions (Re-Edited AGAIN) ...

  • Full Tyre/Fuel wear on for the Feature Race. It will not be on for the Sprint Race
  • Hard, Medium and Soft Tyres allowed, but a Two Compound Mandate will run per Race Weekend. This means that one Race Weekend could run run RS/Rh or RM/RH or RS/RM Compounds. A decision will be announced on the Monday prior to the Race Weekend.
  • At least one Mandatory Pit Stop per race
  • Sprint Race will begin BEFORE the Feature Race
  • Feature Race will run in reverse grid order of the Sprint Race
 
There's so much editing and re-editing going on that it's bound that I will miss something or another ... thanks for pointing out because that rule is now made redundant ...

Sorry Bud for the over eagerness for checking all the rules, I just like to know all the "ins and outs"... so to speak.

Cheers

Bring on August.
 
Sorry Bud for the over eagerness for checking all the rules, I just like to know all the "ins and outs"... so to speak.

Cheers

Bring on August.

👍 You're allowed to; in fact, speaking from experience, it helps us.
 
Sorry Bud for the over eagerness for checking all the rules, I just like to know all the "ins and outs"... so to speak.

Cheers

Bring on August.

It's all good mate ... the more info and advice I'm given, the easier it makes my job ...

I've updated the OP with the new Sporting Regulations.

Seeing as tho we jumping into the Official Season, I feel 5 tracks is not enough so I need suggestions on what other tracks you guys would like to see ...
Once we have sufficient tracks then we will hold a vote to see what will be included ...

I need 5 tracks from each of you ... Here's mine

1. Suzuka Circuit - 5.807Km
2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 5.793Km
3. Spa Francorchamps - 7.004Km (I love this track)
4. Rome - 3.473Km (We need a Street Course)
5. Fuji Speedway GT - 4.563Km
 
Here is my list of tracks

1. Suzuka Circuit
2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza
3. Spa Francorchamps
4. Toyko R246
5. Nurburgring GP
 
Here is my list of tracks

1. Suzuka Circuit
2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza
3. Spa Francorchamps
4. Toyko R246
5. Nurburgring GP

We are already running at Nurburgring, Ally (Opening Race)... this is tracks to add to the current ones ...

Current Tracks ...

Nürburgring GP/F
Deep Forest Raceway
Autumn Ring
Tsukuba Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi East Course

We need 5 more ...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
 
I need 5 tracks from each of you

1: Grand Valley
2: Tokyo R246
3: Spa-Francorchamps
4: Monza
5: Côte D'azur


Continuing:

Daytona Road (?)

Trial Mountain (with strict corner-cutting stewarding)
 
Votes so far ...


  1. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 5 votes
  2. Spa Francorchamps - 5 votes
  3. Toyko R246 - 3 votes
  4. Fuji Speedway GT - 3 vote
  5. Suzuka Circuit - 3 votes
  6. Grand Valley - 3 vote
  7. Rome - 1 vote
  8. Côte D'azur - 1 vote
  9. Indy Road Course - 1 vote
 
Last edited:
We are already running at Nurburgring, Ally (Opening Race)... this is tracks to add to the current ones ...

Current Tracks ...

Nürburgring GP/F
Deep Forest Raceway
Autumn Ring
Tsukuba Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi East Course

We need 5 more ...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

LOL... I posted before I read the edited OP. LOL:dunce:

Then I will add Fuji Speedway GT in place of Nurb.
And can't we have Laguna Seca instead of Deep Forest?? Pretty PLEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE????:):):)
 
LOL... I posted before I read the edited OP. LOL:dunce:

Then I will add Fuji Speedway GT in place of Nurb.
And can't we have Laguna Seca instead of Deep Forest?? Pretty PLEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE????:):):)

Oh god no; Laguna Seca will definitely cause some spins... I tend to spin every lap, and I'm not alone. The elevation change is horrible, for those who don't have racing wheels.
 
LOL... I posted before I read the edited OP. LOL:dunce:

Then I will add Fuji Speedway GT in place of Nurb.
And can't we have Laguna Seca instead of Deep Forest?? Pretty PLEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE????:):):)

You guys can vote for any track you want to ... you don't have to go according to my suggestion hey
I think the opening 5 tracks are a nice mixture of speed and technicality ...
 
Wow! Alot lot lot happened while I was asleep...I might be and might not be free on the 19th but I am definetely free from the 26th. I dont mind missing the first or first two races...So is it ok if you could start the season on the 12th? That way I can guarantee im free the second race. I dont wanna hold you guys up an extra week. Its your call mate. 👍
 
Wow! Alot lot lot happened while I was asleep...I might be and might not be free on the 19th but I am definetely free from the 26th. I dont mind missing the first or first two races...So is it ok if you could start the season on the 12th? That way I can guarantee im free the second race. I dont wanna hold you guys up an extra week. Its your call mate. 👍

That REALLY doesn't work for me. :lol: My Autocrossing is every other Sunday, too, 12th & 26th.
 
MrMelancholy15
That REALLY doesn't work for me. :lol: My Autocrossing is every other Sunday, too, 12th & 26th.

You do autocrossing? Holy...Anyways Im ok with that, if the 12th affects anyone then we'll stick with the 5th. I dont mind missing the first two races...👍
 
Wow! So is it ok if you could start the season on the 12th?

Sorry KK, but we'll start on the 5 ... I'll see if we can organize make-up rounds or something for people who can't make certain races ...
 
Sorry KK, but we'll start on the 5 ... I'll see if we can organize make-up rounds or something for people who can't make certain races ...

I like my ideas!!!! :lol: :sly: Where's the smily for :proud: ?



Anyways, yeah, kk, I do some autocross; '09 Hyundai Accent "Salsa Red" stock with all-season tires (:yuck:) short-shifter kit, and strut tower brace bar.


That's the twelfth and twenty-sixth (12th & 26th) of August, so one of us won't be able to make a race or two. However, as I do in the ITCC, we'll run make-up races, in most W.M.A. series, unless otherwise noted, I imagine, because I haven't yet had a problem with the make-up races.


Example:

Normal season: 10 races


worst result: 0 points (absent)

Result: invited to Make-Up Race

Make-Up result: 10 points

10 points now added to what WAS previously the worst result, now 10 more points.
 
Anybody up for testing tonight? ... I need to clear my mind ...
 
Anybody up for testing tonight? ... I need to clear my mind ...

Around 15:00 your time? Or, wait, did that already go past? :crazy: When, man, please, when?!
 
20:00/21:00 my time ... depends on how the wife is feeling ... should be 13:00/14:00 your time ... damn I'm getting good at this time zone thing :lol:
 
My Vote:

OP Tracks Plus the following

Monza
Spa
Tokyo
Grand Valley
Fuji
 
20:00/21:00 my time ... depends on how the wife is feeling ... should be 13:00/14:00 your time ... damn I'm getting good at this time zone thing :lol:

Yeah man. Obviously, the wife and life (the two -ifes) come first, but, everyone needs some relaxing, off-topic "leisure," though I'll likely not be allowing for much leisure.

Driver101, those are some good tracks man! Monza, Spa, Tokyo and Grand Valley were my personal thoughts too.
 
Are upgrades allowed n the BMW?
 
Driver101, those are some good tracks man! Monza, Spa, Tokyo and Grand Valley were my personal thoughts too.

Awesome....looks like our minds think alike.
 
KK please vote ... we need some tie breakers
 
Back