Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,128 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I don´t blame him for that !
Was a sudden got-2-go reason I think => He can´t be blamed.

I still won that race though :D
Second one was harder due to me useing the Atenza Mazda.
Was a close race until Mel spunout Polar and directly braked on driving-line to wait for him.
Atleast pullover or even go to the grass so the ones behind can avoid a crash 👍
=> this let Shoe go away 4seconds due to that.

The Gap never changed really but at the end I reduced it to 3 seconds I think.
He was useing the Subaru STC and was doing low 03´s which I also did so....

Tested the Subaru STC afterwards => 2:02.915 as fastest and 03´s as average.
 
Was a close race until Mel spunout Polar and directly braked on driving-line to wait for him.
Atleast pullover or even go to the grass so the ones behind can avoid a crash 👍

Sorry, man. I really can't believe, that the far right-hand side is the racing line, though, and I couldn't take to the grass, because Polar was there, and using it, to straighten out. :guilty: :( Otherwise, I thought you guys would track out, considering the crash, to the far outside of the track. I knew, because Polar had spun across my front bumper, that I couldn't accelerate, and tried to hold as steady as possible, on my current line, without changing.

Hab' niemals gedacht, dass es so ginge. Entschuldige.
 
G/F and kid came home, needed my help. That's why I stopped what I was doin. The FTO I was running the same specs as the Subaru. Some tracks its faster, others it's slower than the Subaru. They're even IMO @1100-1120kg 300-310hp. They get left on the straights, but make up for it in braking and cornering.
 
They get left on the straights, but make up for it in braking and cornering.

I can attest to that. Passing the STCs was easy on the straights, but, the Integra... I followed it for 6 laps! I never once had a chance for a real pass. Of course, therefore, I don't think that Sak's too mad about your "g2g" thing. I'm just curious about how we're going to work the contact concessions rules, when we're two feet away, the entire time, and there's not exactly a lot of room. I'm just highlighting that we should open discussion on this, as I'm pretty pleased with the specs, and, unless there is a problem with the specs at other tracks, I think we can put our focus on the race conduct/procedures now.


These cars are incredibly close together. On every straightaway, I got as close to Sak as possible, without actually bumping him, and it worked well, that I was using 0 ABS, because I had to slow down more consistently, and slowly, meaning that I applied the brakes slightly before Sak, but at a lesser percentage, and it worked well. I didn't bump Sak once.
 
I'm just curious about how we're going to work the contact concessions rules, when we're two feet away, the entire time, and there's not exactly a lot of room. I'm just highlighting that we should open discussion on this, as I'm pretty pleased with the specs, and, unless there is a problem with the specs at other tracks, I think we can put our focus on the race conduct/procedures now.


These cars are incredibly close together. On every straightaway, I got as close to Sak as possible, without actually bumping him, and it worked well, that I was using 0 ABS, because I had to slow down more consistently, and slowly, meaning that I applied the brakes slightly before Sak, but at a lesser percentage, and it worked well. I didn't bump Sak once.


These cars are proving to be as close as they come ... argy-bargy is always bound to happen in tin-top racing, I've been up on peoples tails and they've been on mine without incident ... yet
Using people as guardrails or over imposing another driver is obviously something that will be looked down upon ... Penalties with be given out to drivers who are reckless or dirty, but so far I'm proud of how the driving on track has been ... you guys are making my dream series more desirable everyday ... 👍
 
...dream series...

I do my best (says the only guy who spun another guy, the entire day... :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:)


The main thing, is that it's my job, it seems, to weed the "interesting" drivers out, as the karting series I'm running is the first step...
 
lol ... but the pressure in these cars gets to you and me both ... I'll put in stormer of laps to get up to your tail and either you'll make a mistake for me to overtake you (CLEANLY:lol:) or I'll run wide onto the grass to let you go cause I'm pushing too hard ...
 
lol ... but the pressure in these cars gets to you and me both ... I'll put in stormer of laps to get up to your tail and either you'll make a mistake for me to overtake you (CLEANLY:lol:) or I'll run wide onto the grass to let you go cause I'm pushing too hard ...

That's the thing, too. During the no-tire-wear races, I just run my natural pace, no matter what. I think that's the mentality everyone takes: "why look after tires? No, I'm going to go flat out!"


I think the series will be different, once we run the full race day procedure tests, after the spec testing. Once tire wear's thrown in, I'll back off, a bit, to ensure that I don't have to lock my brakes to avoid Sak.
 
I'll be on later today to test the FTO at spec to show it's competitiveness.
 
But I'm considering shorting the Feature Race length and taking tyre/fuel wear out of the equation ... maybe it's the wrong thing to do, but it will all come down to drivers skill in the end ... I feel the most comfortable and race ready in the Lexus than any other of my Series cars ... this car boosts my confidence to a level I never expected ... So I'm able to push the car as hard as I want and hunt down my opponents ...
 
Well you first braked directly after the crash and that was on the far left side and me was just fully accelerating into you. I don´t blame you for that I couldn´t avoid it so Race incident.
Happend => forget about it.

Well the Integra doesn´t suffer from lowering the Power if you have the mid-rpm-Turbo on ;) and going down to 325bhp will be to tough due to Tire-wear handicap so you have to have the chance to be faster in speed and lap-time.

Subaru STC has 35 front Downforce thats huge so probably can raise the weight to 1140kg and still would do low 03s at Nürb (just a suggestion specs felt good compared to other Cars I drove apart from the Atenza).

€dit: Thats a good Idea Nizmo. No Tire wear so we then could lower the Integra power to 325bhp and see if thats good.
 
Well you first braked directly after the crash and that was on the far left side and me was just fully accelerating into you. I don´t blame you for that I couldn´t avoid it so Race incident.
Happend => forget about it.

Well the Integra doesn´t suffer from lowering the Power if you have the mid-rpm-Turbo on ;) and going down to 325bhp will be to tough due to Tire-wear handicap so you have to have the chance to be faster in speed and lap-time.

This tire wear thing depends on race lengths. I won't brag, but I'll mention: the ITCC race lengths are specifically chosen to be only long enough to need one pit stop, or less, regardless of drivetrain.


As for the contact thing, I'm still sorry. I didn't want to hit polar again, after the fact, so I slowed down, to avoid him, and then got off the line, once that part of the track was clear.
 
Most of the cars have 20 front downforce points. The Subaru and FTO have 35 because they're SUPER touring cars. The RX7 TC is the same.
 
Well you first braked directly after the crash and that was on the far left side and me was just fully accelerating into you. I don´t blame you for that I couldn´t avoid it so Race incident.
Happend => forget about it.


As for the contact thing, I'm still sorry. I didn't want to hit polar again, after the fact, so I slowed down, to avoid him, and then got off the line, once that part of the track was clear.

What's done is done guys ... apologies have been given so it's enough now ...


Thats a good Idea Nizmo. No Tire wear so we then could lower the Integra power to 325bhp and see if thats good.

Pit stop strategy might be a good idea, but knowing that you can go "Balls to the Wall" will provide intense racing never seen before ... IMHO on Softs as well ...
 
Pit stop strategy might be a good idea, but knowing that you can go "Balls to the Wall" will provide intense racing never seen before ... IMHO on Softs as well ...

And, if you have both? Pit strategy, and "Balls to the Wall?" I can imagine a mandatory pit-stop, for example, though it might be a little useless and redundant.
 
Hi Guys,

When does the first race of the series actually start?
 
And, if you have both? Pit strategy, and "Balls to the Wall?" I can imagine a mandatory pit-stop, for example, though it might be a little useless and redundant.

It might be useless and redundant, but it might also insert the strategy as you mentioned ... let the field get bunched up again mid way through the race ...


@Windgat Driver :lol: ... 5 Aug mate ...
 
Hi Guys,

When does the first race of the series actually start?

We're starting the preseason test races; they're not for points, but, it's how we'll set up the procedures. :)
 
Windgat.....thats funny.

Ok thats cool, so from Aug 5th it will be every second Sunday until the end.???
 
Windgat.....thats funny.

Ok thats cool, so from Aug 5th it will be every second Sunday until the end.???

Just joking bud ... you did prove pretty quick last night tho so 👍 to you ... Yep every second Sunday till the end ... I thought that making this fortnightly won't be so rushed ... give guys a bit of a breather in between races ...

We're starting the preseason test races; they're not for points, but, it's how we'll set up the procedures. :)

I'm also considering making these test sessions as preseason events and starting the Official Championship on 5 Aug ... opinions?
 
Just joking bud ... you did prove pretty quick last night tho so 👍 to you ... Yep every second Sunday till the end ... I thought that making this fortnightly won't be so rushed ... give guys a bit of a breather in between races ...



I'm also considering making these test sessions as preseason events and starting the Official Championship on 5 Aug ... opinions?

I agree. "Windgat..." Maybe I'll just say "fast driver" and leave it, though.


And, I'm in for August 5, I believe, though I might be autocrossing then.
 
Just joking bud ... you did prove pretty quick last night tho so 👍 to you ... Yep every second Sunday till the end ... I thought that making this fortnightly won't be so rushed ... give guys a bit of a breather in between races ...



I'm also considering making these test sessions as preseason events and starting the Official Championship on 5 Aug ... opinions?

No worries, I know you joking, I enjoyed the race with Seth, nice and close, thats what I like, super close fair racing, brilliant.

Having it every second Sunday is perfect, thank you.
 
So we start the Official Season on the 5 Aug?
 
So we start the Official Season on the 5 Aug?

Checking Autocross schedule: Can't make weekend of 11/12 August. I just noticed, too, I'll need someone to fill in for me, (as host) in the ITCC, at least. Wish me luck, for making Rolex, even.
 
Checking Autocross schedule: Can't make weekend of 11/12 August. I just noticed, too, I'll need someone to fill in for me, (as host) in the ITCC, at least. Wish me luck, for making Rolex, even.

Well you are in luck cause Bankfin's not running that weekend ... Polar or I can host it for you ...
 
Sorry about the start last night in the last race. I was kinda confused. I would have bunched the field but polar was already a full throttle and driving up my right side, so I figured I would just go...I had some family issues to deal with so even though I was the first person in the lounge, I only got to do the last race :lol:

Overall though it seems like a good series 👍 it's going to be interesting to see how this all plays put in the end :nervous:
 
I need everyone's input regarding the following .... Please let me know your opinions ...

But I'm considering shorting the Feature Race length and taking tyre/fuel wear out of the equation ... maybe it's the wrong thing to do, but it will all come down to drivers skill in the end ...

Pit stop strategy might be a good idea, but knowing that you can go "Balls to the Wall" will provide intense racing never seen before ... IMHO on Softs as well ...

And, if you have both? Pit strategy, and "Balls to the Wall?" I can imagine a mandatory pit-stop, for example, though it might be a little useless and redundant.

It might be useless and redundant, but it might also insert the strategy as you mentioned ... let the field get bunched up again mid way through the race ...

So we start the Official Season on the 5 Aug?
 
Back