Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,153 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
I use my cars stock. Only some of the cars need upgrades to meet their specs. And i highly doubt you'll be getting 2:00 flats unless you're running above spec.
 
Updated Votes so far ...


  1. Spa Francorchamps - 6 votes
  2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 5 votes
  3. Grand Valley - 5 vote
  4. Fuji Speedway GT - 5 vote
  5. Suzuka Circuit - 5 votes
  6. Toyko R246 - 4 votes
  7. Côte D'azur - 2 vote
  8. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 2 vote
  9. Deep Forest - 1 vote
  10. Grand Valley Reverse - 1 vote
  11. Indy Road Course - 1 vote
  12. Rome - 1 vote
  13. Rome Reverse - 1 vote
  14. Special Stage Route 5 - 1 vote
  15. Trial Mountain - 1 vote
  16. Tokyo R246 Reverse - 1 vote

Last question. Are we allowed to upgrade the cars fully and then peg the bhp back to 325? Done a 2:02.0xx with stock suspension and LSD settings so with a proper tune a high 2:00 is possible...

The BMW will need a close to full upgrade to reach 325hp ... My Lexus needed a LSD and some other minor things to bring it to spec ...
I'm so thankful that I didn't need a turbo, and she's still running NA, as a Touring Car should ... :lol:
 
Last edited:
@KK: Wow what a time. Didn´t test the BMW here but at Deep Forrest it was one of my fastest (only banned Altezza was faster and the Integra).

@Nizmo: Wow great changes made and the Tire rule will spice things up 👍

For the 5 additional Tracks my votes and "critics":

Spa --> my favourite on par with Nürb GP/D. Some Corners should be visualized with leagal/illegal picks to help the Stewards.

Monza --> Really shouldn´t miss this Track although the cutting oppertunities are huge and should cause huge revisions and normally some cutting related penalties
=> for Monza you should make comparison-picks for how to do first and second chicane correctly and illegal.

Grand Valley East Reverse --> This is a superb Track me think. Not too short and not too long as the Full Course is (IHMO)

Fuji F --> I like the GT layout too but the difference-maker Turn will have to be reviewed too due to gaining if running wide => I choose the F layout with the chicane.

Suzuka --> It´s just one of the best drivers Tracks. Weather could spice things up even more.


====> Cutting rules and picks for every possible Track and we will have good races.

Example:
Nürb GP first sector. I hate it when I see drivers use the Runoff with all 4 Tires in Turn 2 and Turn 3. This will gain you plenty of Time.
Running wide with 50% of the Car still on Track is normally my way to go because all Racing Series want that so more of the car is on Track than off.


=> Just add a rule that 50% of the Car (or 2 wheels) should be on track and the curbs (white and red/blue ones or if Madrid makes it yellow and red) count as Track.
But the green zones are forbidden and if the inner (if running wide) or the outer (if cutting) wheels are off the curbs penalties will be handed out afterwards (Point degration or Grid spot penalties for the next race)
 
Can't wait to get this started. If we can spec the FTO, I'm up to changing to it. I think specs the same as the Impreza would work good.
 
Updated Votes so far ...

  1. Spa Francorchamps - 7 votes
  2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 votes
  3. Suzuka Circuit - 6 votes (With weather?)
  4. Grand Valley - 5 vote
  5. Fuji Speedway GT - 5 vote
  6. Toyko R246 - 4 votes
  7. Côte D'azur - 2 vote
  8. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 2 vote
  9. Deep Forest - 1 vote
  10. Fuji Speedway F - 1 vote
  11. Grand Valley Reverse - 1 vote
  12. Grand Valley East Reverse - 1 vote
  13. Indy Road Course - 1 vote
  14. Rome - 1 vote
  15. Rome Reverse - 1 vote
  16. Special Stage Route 5 - 1 vote
  17. Trial Mountain - 1 vote
  18. Tokyo R246 Reverse - 1 vote


====> Cutting rules and picks for every possible Track and we will have good races.

Example:
Nürb GP first sector. I hate it when I see drivers use the Runoff with all 4 Tires in Turn 2 and Turn 3. This will gain you plenty of Time.
Running wide with 50% of the Car still on Track is normally my way to go because all Racing Series want that so more of the car is on Track than off.


=> Just add a rule that 50% of the Car (or 2 wheels) should be on track and the curbs (white and red/blue ones or if Madrid makes it yellow and red) count as Track.
But the green zones are forbidden and if the inner (if running wide) or the outer (if cutting) wheels are off the curbs penalties will be handed out afterwards (Point degration or Grid spot penalties for the next race)

Thank you Sake for your votes and for bringing the ^above^ to my attention ...
I will run a full Track Guide/Profile prior to each race meeting ... showing things that you have showed me above and more ...

Can't wait to get this started. If we can spec the FTO, I'm up to changing to it. I think specs the same as the Impreza would work good.

I can't wait to get started either ... I'm thinking of running another test session after Fiat Trophy on Sunday ... should be at about 23:00 GMT +2 ... so it should make it around 13:00 your time Seth ... So we'll test out the FTO then and hopefully get it finalized ...


EDIT: WE CURRENTLY HAVE A FULL HOUSE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ... 16 DRIVERS + 1 RESERVE ... BIG UP TO ALL OF YOU FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE 👍
 
Last edited:
I hope to make the start of this season,
 
freshseth83
I use my cars stock. Only some of the cars need upgrades to meet their specs. And i highly doubt you'll be getting 2:00 flats unless you're running above spec.

The specs I used were 325bhp and 1050kg...I also on fixed all upgrades that are possible.....

So are we allowed to buy all upgrades and then limit the power to 325?
 
I hope to make the start of this season,

Hope so to mate ... been having some awesome test sessions ...

The specs I used were 325bhp and 1050kg...I also on fixed all upgrades that are possible.....

So are we allowed to buy all upgrades and then limit the power to 325?

Yes KK ...
 
kk20
The specs I used were 325bhp and 1050kg...I also on fixed all upgrades that are possible.....

So are we allowed to buy all upgrades and then limit the power to 325?

Yes mate, as long as it meets overall required power limits,
 
I updated the OP again ...

Seeing as though there are less cars, I'm willing to allow 3 Drivers per team (If drivers and teams are willing) ...
Honda CRZ TC and Mitsubishi FTO are possible contenders to the line up ...
 
Yeah I'm all for more cars being allowed, gives variety and different handling traits to choose from.
 
Like I posted on the VLN thread, maybe a merger of this series and VLN are in order to save the people interested in that series. The cars share the same regulations anyway!
 
Like I posted on the VLN thread, maybe a merger of this series and VLN are in order to save the people interested in that series. The cars share the same regulations anyway!

I'm sensing the need of a second division. :lol: We're actually having to turn people down for Bankfin, Nizmo. :sly: :) Success for Nizmo, in his first series (this is the first series he's organizing.)
 
Like I posted on the VLN thread, maybe a merger of this series and VLN are in order to save the people interested in that series. The cars share the same regulations anyway!

If Mel agrees with that then it is possible ...

I'm sensing the need of a second division. :lol: We're actually having to turn people down for Bankfin, Nizmo. :sly: :) Success for Nizmo, in his first series (this is the first series he's organizing.)

I don't want a second division ... if more people want to join Bankfin, and they are serious about it, then I will re-evaluate current drivers who show little to no interest / participation to make more space ...
 
If Mel agrees with that then it is possible ...



I don't want a second division ... if more people want to join Bankfin, and they are serious about it, then I will re-evaluate current drivers who show little to no interest / participation to make more space ...

The problems are similar. However, the problems that I could see are: The no-show VLN drivers shouldn't be allowed to transfer. If we need to remove the less-commonly seen Bankfin drivers, so be it, it's at your discretion. It is, after all, your series.


My idea: it seems like some of the drivers (I'll PM you the specifics) sign up for more race series than they want to compete in, and rarely return to any. Therefore, we could skim through it, or simply let it be, as is. However, the more drivers there are, the more interesting the races are, as, with 5 drivers, there are fewer cars to battle with, and with around 8-10 cars, there's lots to see, lots to pass, and lots to be passed by.
 
Hi guys,

Are we practcing soon?

IS there a session on tomorrow eve??
 
Well the most drivers we've had at a test session is 5 ... we had some drivers that were at the second test that weren't at the first and visa versa ... 2 drivers have told me the current problems they face and assured that they will join a bit later than expected ... another driver has told me that Sundays are the best time for him to test / race ... I trust in the 9 that have 'produced the goods' so far ... the other 8 will need to be PM'd to confirm that they ars still in or not ...
 
yo all

i have not been around since my ps3 got the YLOD for the 4th time, so waiting for repair, should be ready by next week.

1.Fuji
2.Suzuka
3.Grand Valley
4.Trial Mountain
5.Deep Forest

Will let you know when i have my ps3 back...

Bronzo
 
So I think adding the cars from VLN to this would be a good idea. The VLN cars are a tad bit slower because their weight. So we could just take the faster cars and add them to this? The RX7, the NSX, S2000LM. Those are great additions and fit within the time frame of the cars in this series.
 
Hi guys,

Are we practcing soon?

IS there a session on tomorrow eve??

Yes there will be ... I'm thinking of putting the Fiat Trophy on hold for a bit ... SO TESTING TOMORROW (SUNDAY) NIGHT AT 22:00 GMT +2 ...

My problem with those cars Seth, is they are more Grand Tourers than Touring Cars ... including those cars takes away the meaning of this series ... but I've got a multi-class idea concerning these two series ...
 
RX7-TC that's Touring Car, not GT car. The NSX is an RM, just like the Silvia and the EVO. S2000LM just like the Integra is a Gran Turismo specific touring car. They are all slower than the Subaru Super Touring car. So how do you get that they're GT's?
 
RX7-TC that's Touring Car, not GT car. The NSX is an RM, just like the Silvia and the EVO. S2000LM just like the Integra is a Gran Turismo specific touring car. They are all slower than the Subaru Super Touring car. So how do you get that they're GT's?

Two doors/saloons vs. sports cars.

I think that he means in terms of body style.
 
I will try to make it for Sunday practice. No guarantees though, as I will be out LATE Saturday night and some of Sunday
 
Two doors/saloons vs. sports cars.

I think that he means in terms of body style.

^This^ ... just because it has the name 'Touring Car' attached to it, it doesn't make it a touring car ... With all due respect Seth, research the term Touring Car and you'll see what I mean ...

I will try to make it for Sunday practice. No guarantees though, as I will be out LATE Saturday night and some of Sunday

Thanks for the heads up Shoe ...
 
Quick question...Does qualifying start at 22:00 GMT +2 or is that the start of the sprint race?
 
Quick question...Does qualifying start at 22:00 GMT +2 or is that the start of the sprint race?

Quali ... should take about 10 mins cause it's a 3 lap showdown ... so Sprint Race will start no later than 22:15 GMT+2
 
NizmoDr3
Quali ... should take about 10 mins cause it's a 3 lap showdown ... so Sprint Race will start no later than 22:15 GMT+2

And will it end before 22:45? If yes then I can join the sprint race but wont be able to join feature race...Is that ok?
 
And will it end before 22:45? If yes then I can join the sprint race but wont be able to join feature race...Is that ok?

That will mean that you will gain only half points ...
 
Back