Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,164 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
NizmoDr3
That will mean that you will gain only half points ...

Half points is better than no points...

So will it finish before 22:45?
 
Sprint Race will be done in 30 mins ... so yes done by 22:45
 
^This^ ... just because it has the name 'Touring Car' attached to it, it doesn't make it a touring car ... With all due respect Seth, research the term Touring Car and you'll see what I mean

What're you on about now? I know what touring cars are, thanks. I've watched and studied all forms of racing. This is GT, not real life. Ever hear of Super Taikyu? These cars are mostly from it, or close to it. The S15 is a touring car? The FTO? The CRZ? IS200? You need to learn respect. Regardless of how you say it, you're not respecting me by claiming your cars are somehow more 'touringish' than what I proposed.👎
 
BTCC? ETCC? WTCC? STW? STCC? Satcar? Ever heard of those? Those are closer to what I want create than Super Taikyu ... I had the cars list sortded until you started wanting this car and that car added ... maybe you should learn to respect the Series Creator, cause I sure as hell don't go around telling other people what cars THEIR series should running ...

The IS200 ran for I think at least 1 season in the BTCC ... If I had to use the closest cars, that GT has in game, to the real life series, then everyone would be running the same cars ... certain compromises had to be made, and I don't hear anyone else complaining ... Silvia in for Primera, Evo in for Audi (Lancer ran once off in BTCC in 91/92), IS200 GT-1 for IS200 Super 2000 ... None of those series ran more than 1 car type from the different manufactures ...

BTW this series is called Banfin Touring Car Championship, not Bankfin Super Taikyu ...
 
Last edited:
Respect the series creator, who asks for ideas? Yeah, that's what you did. I gave them to you and you shat on them saying my cars weren't Touring cars, but GT's. But yet you allow an RM car from Japan, that's based off a sports car, that's not a GT though according to you. Then you allow the Subaru Impreza super touring car which is faster than any car I mentioned. On top of that, you say it's not called Super Taikyu? Well, its not called WTCC or BTCC either. You don't have any of those cars. The main cars in this game that are touring cars are Japanese. Taikyu is about their equivalent of a touring car series since JPTC was canceled. Like I said, do some research. You sit there and say you place cars in here in-place of cars you can't include. So how are you going to crack on my idea when it's the same thing as yours? :dunce: The main reason I said to 'add' those cars was to save VLN which a total of 4 or 5 people have showed up to race for.
 
You don't seem to be on the same page as me ... I never asked about what other cars should be included ... not once ... suggestions came up and I took it under revision ... the Silvia may not be in the same line as a 'Touring Car', but it sure as hell is closer to a Ford Mondeo than a NSX or a RX-7 ... if we include that, then why don't we start adding Skylines, R8's, etc ... the 300ZX and Skyline is more of a Sports Car/GT than the Silvia ... You say that this isn't the BTCC or WTCC ... you're right, it's not ... those names were already taken ... I don't need to research Super Taikyu, because I'm not trying to replicate it ... search Youtube for Bankfin Touring Cars and then come back and talk to me about MY series ... yes, I said MY series ... if you don't like it, then you know where's the door ...

VLN will not be part of the Bankfin name, as I've suggested to Mel which direction it should go ... I didn't tell him what to do, but merely suggested ...
 
If you want to carry on going around criticising and bitching about my series I will remove you ... you either get your act together and help grow this series or you can carry on your opposing and bitching and get removed ... your choice ...
 
Come on !!
Why always be so rude in the response of a posts !!

THIS goes to both of you.
Seth made a suggestion and why didn´t you only say No
=> seth would have stopped to try and implement those mentioned cars and we could have went on.

Just my 2 cents and opinion.

=> get along and shake hands and forget about it.

@Nizmo:
Soooo
Due to me being a Reserve (can´t make all races although the scedule is promising) I decided which Car I would like to race with:
EVO RM

Not the best with Tires but extremly fast !! (found out a trick to make her fast)
Did a 2:01.934 at Nürb GP/F with 350bhp and 1080kg
=> specs would be 1100kg and 325bhp to get to 2:02high-2:03low as I get in all other Cars I tested here. (hope your cool with that Nizmo)

If I can´t use it I have an other suggestion ....
 
Seth made a suggestion and why didn´t you only say No

@Nizmo:
Soooo
Due to me being a Reserve (can´t make all races although the scedule is promising) I decided which Car I would like to race with:
EVO RM

Not the best with Tires but extremly fast !! (found out a trick to make her fast)
Did a 2:01.934 at Nürb GP/F with 350bhp and 1080kg
=> specs would be 1100kg and 325bhp to get to 2:02high-2:03low as I get in all other Cars I tested here. (hope your cool with that Nizmo)

If I can´t use it I have an other suggestion ....

I've already said no but anyways ...

Are you sure you wanna go for the Evo? ... If so I'll put your name down ...
 
Last edited:
Yes put me down but the specs will need more testing, it´s just an asumption (the 1100 and 325)
 
I'll do so Sake ... the Evo hasn't featured much in the past test sessions ...
 
Are we practicing?
 
You didn't say no. You were mr. smart alec and never answered about combining this and VLN. You said "the answer will be on the Bankin thread". But you never went into it. You said in the beginning you were aiming for touring cars from the 90's. The RX7 is from that time. The NSX is from that time. The S2000 was the newest car. You originally had the Altezza which was faster than any of the cars I suggested you could add, if you were to add VLN to this series. You never even said whether or not that was still on the table.

And please don't threaten me with your 'removing me'. This isn't the only touring car series there is ;). The high and mighty talk by you is annoying. I only suggested something to help out the other WMA series. But there you are, snotty, again.
 
Nizmo hasn't been having a great time, recently, Seth.


Seth, I, PERSONALLY, thank you for the idea of combining the VLN and the Bankfin, but, as it's in discussion between the chairmen of the W.M.A., I too would like to ask you just to be more polite and easy going, at least temporarily.


Nizmo's a good guy, and he's only here to race. He has some great ideas for series, good strong leadership skills, and a likable honesty. Therefore, I can't say that there's any reason for any one to be mad with any one.
 
I'm not mad. Kinda silly for someone to try and blast me for an idea to help out. Especially since he was asking for ideas? 💡 Call me crazy, but that's what I came up with.
 
I'm not mad. Kinda silly for someone to try and blast me for an idea to help out. Especially since he was asking for ideas? 💡 Call me crazy, but that's what I came up with.

This is correct. However, Nizmo and I are discussing it, and we'll try to find the best possible ground... Some people from VLN might have to switch cars, but, I don't think it's too big of a problem to overcome...
 
If you do decide to combine the series, I'm not asking for the credit. Just some acknowledgement that I was apart of the idea. I would have taken you up on your offer for helping out WMA. But I don't have interest in all the series it runs. So I don't want to be in a position where I'm trying to figure out something I don't take part in. Unless it's different and I could get put in a position where I'm just specing cars for certain series of WMA. I'd take you guys up on that offer.
 
If you do decide to combine the series, I'm not asking for the credit. Just some acknowledgement that I was apart of the idea. I would have taken you up on your offer for helping out WMA. But I don't have interest in all the series it runs. So I don't want to be in a position where I'm trying to figure out something I don't take part in. Unless it's different and I could get put in a position where I'm just specing cars for certain series of WMA. I'd take you guys up on that offer.

It is possibe to to just have that input and not be involved in all of the series, I don't even have internet for playstation so I am just specing cars and notifying niz as to the results
 
Anyway ... after a bad weekend we need to run a couple of final test sessions before Sunday ... let me know what's the best time for you guys ...
 
Around 21:00 our time Nizmo, I will be keen to run a few laps.

Oh.....and you doing a damn good job putting this together. I support what ever you decide, its your series, well done.

Lets race
 
Around 21:00 our time Nizmo, I will be keen to run a few laps.

Oh.....and you doing a damn good job putting this together. I support what ever you decide, its your series, well done.

Lets race

Shot Driver ...

21:00 tonight?

Full pre-race report will be established on the 3rd post of this thread ...
 
Final Updated Votes ...

  1. Spa Francorchamps - 7 votes
  2. Suzuka Circuit - 7 votes (With weather?)
  3. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 votes
  4. Fuji Speedway GT - 6 vote
  5. Grand Valley - 6 vote
  6. Toyko R246 - 4 votes
  7. Côte D'azur - 2 vote
  8. Deep Forest - 2 vote Already on the roster ...
  9. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 2 vote
  10. Trial Mountain - 2 vote
  11. Fuji Speedway F - 1 vote
  12. Grand Valley Reverse - 1 vote
  13. Grand Valley East Reverse - 1 vote
  14. Indy Road Course - 1 vote
  15. Rome - 1 vote
  16. Rome Reverse - 1 vote
  17. Special Stage Route 5 - 1 vote
  18. Tokyo R246 Reverse - 1 vote


So these are the 5 tracks that will be added to the season;

Spa Francorchamps
Suzuka Circuit
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Fuji Speedway GT
Grand Valley

Thank you for all of your votes ... 👍

I will get cracking with the OP

Pre-Race Report on the 3rd post updated ...
 
Last edited:
NizmoDr3
Final Updated Votes ...


[*]Spa Francorchamps - 7 votes
[*]Suzuka Circuit - 7 votes (With weather?)[*]Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6 votes
[*]Fuji Speedway GT - 6 vote
[*]Grand Valley - 6 vote
[*]Toyko R246 - 4 votes
[*]Côte D'azur - 2 vote
[*]Deep Forest - 2 vote Already on the roster ...
[*]Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 2 vote
[*]Trial Mountain - 2 vote
[*]Fuji Speedway F - 1 vote
[*]Grand Valley Reverse - 1 vote
[*]Grand Valley East Reverse - 1 vote
[*]Indy Road Course - 1 vote
[*]Rome - 1 vote
[*]Rome Reverse - 1 vote
[*]Special Stage Route 5 - 1 vote
[*]Tokyo R246 Reverse - 1 vote



So these are the 5 tracks that will be added to the season;

Spa Francorchamps
Suzuka Circuit
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Fuji Speedway GT
Grand Valley

Thank you for all of your votes ... 👍

I will get cracking with the OP

Pre-Race Report on the 3rd post updated ...

Im happy with that track list. Especially Fuji GT, Fuji F is a track I detest because of the chicane...
 
Im happy with that track list. Especially Fuji GT, Fuji F is a track I detest because of the chicane...

:lol: ... glad you like it ... 3rd post has been updated ... Hope you guys like the tyre choice ... my 4 yo son choose them ... :lol:
 
NizmoDr3
:lol: ... glad you like it ... 3rd post has been updated ... Hope you guys like the tyre choice ... my 4 yo son choose them ... :lol:

Softs and Hards, ouch...Big difference between the two tyres. Definetely gonna be a tactical battle. Wish I could be there, love this track...
 
It gets things all spiced up ... Thanks to Driver and Sake for the recommendations ... 👍
 
:D
Well the 3rd post gets 1000 👍 ´s from me ;)

Little question:
3 lap Qualy
=> out lap//hot lap//in lap => 3 laps
or
3 hotlaps with the one outlap => 4 laps
or
outlap//hotlap//inlap x3 => 9 laps (after you crossed the line the next lap is counted, so if you press start and leave you did 3 laps although you only did 2 :D)
 
Great job on that third post :) but I am wondering, do we have to use BOTH tire compounds in the feature race (like they are required to in f1)
 
Yes.
Because without it everybody would stick to the RS due to the false Tire-wear incorporation.
 
Back