Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,243 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Yes bud, both compounds are required, I'm gonna do some closed testing in my lounge lol
 
So in the sprint race both compounds arent required ?

That is correct Skeng ... only the Softer compound of the weekend ... tyre wear will be off for the Sprint
 
Could we have a protocol in place as to who hosts and takes charge if niz's connection doesnt hold? Sprint race started an hour late last time round. Any connection tests happening today?
 
Post up if you guy s are testing tonight, i haven't got many on my friends list
 
Yeh let me know i need to get on track and test
 
ok, so, question, have any Mazdas done any laps at all? O.o I skiped 2 days
 
1:54.971 good or bad?

I hate Monza. >.<
 
Last edited:
1:54.971 good or bad?

I hate Monza. >.<

I should go................................... and cry...................



That's, apparently, 3 seconds faster. You were on softs, in a lounge, with grip reduction ON, and tire wear off? Or...? Was it the weather change track?
 
I should go................................... and cry...................



That's, apparently, 3 seconds faster. You were on softs, in a lounge, with grip reduction ON, and tire wear off? Or...? Was it the weather change track?

Soft, tire wear off, real reduction, online lobby - 1:54.9-1:55.5
Medium, tire wear on, real reduction, online lobby - 1:56.5-1:57

But you can expect me to crash, because I go off track here... A LOT
 
I ran a quick best time of 1:55.1xx, but with a tune and some more practice laps I should be running in the 1:54's which isn't too bad for this low downforce chassis. In GTRRL I run the Cusco Subaru @ 315 Hp/1100Kg on meds and my fastest lap was 1:53.919 but these cars are capable of low 1'53's to 1'52's I'm certain! 👍
 
1:56.586 on meds 1:54.461 on softs for me in the beemer. Tyre wear on grip real. Best time for the mazdas so far have been?
 
Last edited:
Very low 52´s and 51´s possible without draft for me but I always screw the last chicane or Parabolica if I´m on a 51 lap => decent pace 👍

Integra course as I said :D
(Online lobby, real grip, Racing Softs, no Tire wear)

Didn´t test the Meds but me think 53´s probably high 52´s with them so I´m prepared pace-wise.
Tire-wear is a different story => I´ll see how bad the Integra is to them rubbers.
 
I've just had my first test and hitting the mid 1.56's so not as bad as I thought I might be in the Evo.
 
I've just had my first test and hitting the mid 1.56's so not as bad as I thought I might be in the Evo.

It's not that bad. Good job. You'll be quite welcome here. :)
 
1:56.586 on meds 1:54.461 on softs for me in the beemer. Tyre wear on grip real. Best time for the mazdas so far have been?

1:54.9 soft tire is the only hot lap by any Mazda, and that was just 1 lap by a Monza noob that crashes every 4 laps... lol


Edit: Just completed 5 hot laps with same as sprint race setup.

This was my best efforts:
1:56.6 (off track)
1:54.0 (my only 1:54 in the run)
1:53.7 (omg wow 1:53)
1:53.9 (another one?)
1:53.4 (where did I take out the half second?)


The car is amazing at this track, but I doubt that we will get more than 1 podium finish, This is my least favorite track out of the 10 tracks we are doing, and I haven't heard a single word from the others about practice or testing + Mazda's track record so far:

Nurburgring: 5th, 3rd / DNS DNS
Deep Forest: 5th, 5th / DNS DNS/ DNS DNS
Autumn Ring: 5th, 9th / ? 10th / DNS DNS


I don't think we will be too much trouble this weekend. :P If we are though its a good turn around. :)
 
Last edited:
Very low 52´s and 51´s possible without draft for me but I always screw the last chicane or Parabolica if I´m on a 51 lap => decent pace 👍

Integra course as I said :D
(Online lobby, real grip, Racing Softs, no Tire wear)

Didn´t test the Meds but me think 53´s probably high 52´s with them so I´m prepared pace-wise.
Tire-wear is a different story => I´ll see how bad the Integra is to them rubbers.

If those are your times you are straight up fast as hell man!
 
Fast times seem to be coming from all the camps ... Good to see Ladies & Gentlefreaks ... 👍
 
Went on for a few laps last night guys.

Looks to me that everyone has good pace here, just one thing concerns me, and that's corner cutting. I can get a low 53...even drop to a late 52, BUT....it comes with the risk of cutting the curbs. If I hold back and drive well within the rules, then I am doing consistent late 54's / 55's.

Monza also produces really close racing with the draft pulling drivers together, we gonna have to be disciplined here guys when driving close.....it will make for awesome racing win or lose.

Looking forward to it
 
Do you guys play with penalties on or off ?
 
2 Wheels of the Car should be on track at all times. The curbs (white and red/blue ones) count as part of the Track.

^ This was my Guideline for my practice. 2Wheels on the red/white all the time.
But I must admit I´m on the edge of legality if I do the super low Times.
=> 52mid is safer for the races for me :D

Sprint will be fine due to no wear :D But the feature will get tough for me :D
But me like toughness 👍
 
How many laps is the long race ?
 
Do you guys think a steering wheel makes much difference to lap times? I've got one but haven't really give it a chance yet and always seen to go back to my controller.
 
Comparing wheel to ds3 is night and day .

Wheel makes you a better driver
 
Sounds like i haven't given it enough of a chance then, i haven't really got the correct setup in my room yet either which probably isn't helping.
 
Went on for a few laps last night guys.

Looks to me that everyone has good pace here, just one thing concerns me, and that's corner cutting. I can get a low 53...even drop to a late 52, BUT....it comes with the risk of cutting the curbs. If I hold back and drive well within the rules, then I am doing consistent late 54's / 55's.

Monza also produces really close racing with the draft pulling drivers together, we gonna have to be disciplined here guys when driving close.....it will make for awesome racing win or lose.

Looking forward to it

Yes, careful driving everyone, and give each other space into the braking zones, because some braking points are shorter than others. and everyone be nice on the first chicane of both first laps, no crashing.
 
He is. However, he's in an FF car; 350 hp and 1050 kg. Too little tire life... :(

Well we better work together in the draft and try to chase him down then, lol'
 
Yes, careful driving everyone, and give each other space into the braking zones, because some braking points are shorter than others. and everyone be nice on the first chicane of both first laps, no crashing.

Thanks. 👍👍 Nothing like a friendly reminder that it's only okay to pass the Silvias in turn one. :lol: Exaggeration, of course, but, I reckon everyone will be okay, until lap 6 or 7. It always goes wrong for me on lap 6/7, when I have to deal with traffic.
 
Thanks. 👍👍 Nothing like a friendly reminder that it's only okay to pass the Silvias in turn one. :lol: Exaggeration, of course, but, I reckon everyone will be okay, until lap 6 or 7. It always goes wrong for me on lap 6/7, when I have to deal with traffic.

lucky, my problems occur on Lap 1-6... and 10-15
 
Back