Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,247 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Mazda has 5-6% better power to weight though, and its a AWD so it hooks up good off of the corners. :P but also i don't like this track and I'm the top of the Mazda party at this moment... >.<

Mazda might do okay here, but, does it understeer over the kerbs, etc.? My favourite part of the 320i is how it can take bumps without changing direction. It's like the wheels' aerodynamic influence causes the direction change, not the contact patch. :lol: Watch how I took the chicane at Autumn Ring. :dopey: The front tires don't seem to touch the ground, BUT, I make it around every time. :scared: Newton's pissed.
 
Mazda might do okay here, but, does it understeer over the kerbs, etc.? My favourite part of the 320i is how it can take bumps without changing direction. It's like the wheels' aerodynamic influence causes the direction change, not the contact patch. :lol: Watch how I took the chicane at Autumn Ring. :dopey: The front tires don't seem to touch the ground, BUT, I make it around every time. :scared: Newton's pissed.

The 320i and the Astra are my favorite touring cars. :P
 
The 320i and the Astra are my favorite touring cars. :P

Agreed. I'm running the 320i here, now, AND the Astra in the WMA DTM series. :lol:


Seriously, though, I'm the guy that will spend more time with only two wheels on the track, at a time, given the chance.






I learned it, while karting. The car might rotate better (understeer less) if you attack the kerbs. So, now, I run my cars with very specific tuning setups so that I can attack the kerbs A LOT. Suspension slight softer than normal, less roll-bar, stiffer LSD, lots of downforce.


I don't cut corners, I just go big with the kerb usage. My favourite tracks have lots of kerbs.
 
NizmoDr3
Sorry bout that guys, we just finished up ... I can definitely rule out Ally, Bron, Silver & OTS as my connection gremlins ... :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this race ... I expect nothing less than a 1, 2, 3 from the Ninja's :lol: ...
In all seriousness tho, Monza is going to be great ... the Lexus has proved to be killer on the straights but still twitchy in the corners, and a good drag race can be had with the Scoob's coming out of the last corner onto the main straight ...

BTW, we gonna run RS & RM tyres ... I'll update the 3rd post tomorrow ...

My New tune and the New gear box doing very good with me and i improve the tiers wear to stay more longer than before it can be stay longer than 15 laps in Monza .i hope it will work out :)
 
I drove with some of you guys before in the lupo series and the testing days of the v8 series

Ill add bronzo and quik so i dont miss out next time , i think ill probably use the honda .

Monza isnt a good track to test tho , what other tracks are we racing at next ?
 
My New tune and the New gear box doing very good with me and i improve the tiers wear to stay more longer than before it can be stay longer than 15 laps in Monza .i hope it will work out :)

Good to hear. :)

I drove with some of you guys before in the lupo series and the testing days of the v8 series

Ill add bronzo and quik so i dont miss out next time , i think ill probably use the honda .

Monza isnt a good track to test tho , what other tracks are we racing at next ?

Motegi East, Grand Valley, Suzuka, Tsukuba...
 
The short or long grand valley ?
 
How did last night go? Sorry I couldn't make it.
 
I'm keen to test with the Mazda's and BM's, but I reckon this will prove to be our closest, most competitive race yet :D
 
I'm keen to test with the Mazda's and BM's, but I reckon this will prove to be our closest, most competitive race yet :D

Draft. It will do that. Also, with longer straights, the Subies won't do as well.
 
Draft. It will do that. Also, with longer straights, the Subies won't do as well.

scooby's is 3-4sec per lap slower then Silvia, the scooby's will be dead last unless somebody cant drive, then we will beat that person, lol

so should be a 10/11/12th position for us.

but my prediction is 3rd/4th/6th but that will take a whole lot of luck and drafting and then some.
 
scooby's is 3-4sec per lap slower then Silvia, the scooby's will be dead last unless somebody cant drive, then we will beat that person, lol

so should be a 10/11/12th position for us.

but my prediction is 3rd/4th/6th but that will take a whole lot of luck and drafting and then some.

Really? :lol: :drool: Here comes the first win for BMW, methinks.
 
Really? :lol: :drool: Here comes the first win for BMW, methinks.

I think scooby's will run the bm's close, the problem cars are the silvia's and mazda's, but luckily the mazda's cant navigate themselfs, so they will get lost.

i am just going to pick a silvia and try and stick to it like crap in a wool blanket.

can we run slip on strong for sunday, we going to need it lol
 
I think scooby's will run the bm's close, the problem cars are the silvia's and mazda's, but luckily the mazda's cant navigate themselfs, so they will get lost.

i am just going to pick a silvia and try and stick to it like crap in a wool blanket.

can we run slip on strong for sunday, we going to need it lol

i forgot, can we run boost on strong aswell lol
 
In last nights test I managed to do a 1:53:2xx. Im hoping to improve my time on this track. Hope to have a strong finish on this one if no incedents occur...
 
I notice no one has mentioned the honda , so no more practice or testing ? Just the race sunday ?
 
I notice no one has mentioned the honda , so no more practice or testing ? Just the race sunday ?

skeng, we are always testing, so feel free to join when you see us online.
that should be like 4 nights a week at least, check around 6-10pm weekdays.

i would advise that all of us join these test sessions to get a feel for the track and the competition, we will then also have more chances to establish who's room is best for no lag. so once we in a room we could run a small test say 3 laps, the room owner leaves then re enters, and so forth.

not sure this will help but at least we can do some sort of test.

ps, does any of your cars have a tow bar? i need a lift down the straights. lol
 
I notice no one has mentioned the honda , so no more practice or testing ? Just the race sunday ?

The Honda's good, it's just not as fun as the BMW, in my personal opinion.
 
In last nights test I managed to do a 1:53:2xx. Im hoping to improve my time on this track. Hope to have a strong finish on this one if no incedents occur...

:scared: I just ran a lap, on softs... was this done during a sprint race? In draft? On softs? Without tire wear? I ran a 1:57... I'm just checking, then, that we're talking about the same track... Monza, with first chicane? No draft?
 
MrMelancholy15
Agreed. I'm running the 320i here, now, AND the Astra in the WMA DTM series. :lol:

Seriously, though, I'm the guy that will spend more time with only two wheels on the track, at a time, given the chance.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfklrL9RZdA">YouTube Link</a>

I learned it, while karting. The car might rotate better (understeer less) if you attack the kerbs. So, now, I run my cars with very specific tuning setups so that I can attack the kerbs A LOT. Suspension slight softer than normal, less roll-bar, stiffer LSD, lots of downforce.

I don't cut corners, I just go big with the kerb usage. My favourite tracks have lots of kerbs.

A bit like knockhill BTCC.

MrMelancholy15
Really? :lol: :drool: Here comes the first win for BMW, methinks.

I sure hope so...
 
A bit like knockhill BTCC.



I sure hope so...

This.^^ A lot.


Anyways, were you in Scotland, or watching Knockhill BTCC on the tele?
 
Well, other than Mel's flyer of a lap, have we got any other target times to try :scared: and hit?
 
MrMelancholy15
This.^^ A lot.

Anyways, were you in Scotland, or watching Knockhill BTCC on the tele?

Watch it on TV. Im in a BTCC series and a lot of the drivers have been to knockhill. Paulmac went recently.
 
:scared: I just ran a lap, on softs... was this done during a sprint race? In draft? On softs? Without tire wear? I ran a 1:57... I'm just checking, then, that we're talking about the same track... Monza, with first chicane? No draft?

Time was done on RS, No draft, no tyre wear...
With tyre wear on, I can still do a 1:53 for about two laps but then drop down to 1:54... In the test we ran last night I never dropped below 1:55 even with worn tyres.

With RM I can still do a 1:54 but average at about 1:55...

With the draft I brought my time down to 1:51....
 
Watch it on TV. Im in a BTCC series and a lot of the drivers have been to knockhill. Paulmac went recently.

So I've heard. (Paulmac and I race together often.) Was surprised, though. If you're in London, I could hardly see you going to north Scotland... Tele's better for BTCC, anyways. Can't see as much in person.



Nizmo, my 1:57 is reasonable... Ally's just insane.
 
Nizmo, my 1:57 is reasonable... Ally's just insane.

Well, I've heard that the okes from the Cape are not all together there ... He could've been towed around Monza by an X-1 and didn't even know it ...
 
Well, I've heard that the okes from the Cape are not all together there ... He could've been towed around Monza by an X-1 and didn't even know it ...

Been bumped into by a few too many lost ships, obviously.
 
Back