Bankfin Touring Car Championship - Round 15 & 16

  • Thread starter Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 2,388 comments
  • 98,140 views

How much HP should Bankfin cars be running?

  • 300 Hp

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 325 Hp

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350 Hp

    Votes: 5 45.5%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Room open in half hour?
 
Just got news, soccer game is cancelled today...I can partake in the racing today
 
BAZZER
Hows your Evo feeling Joe? I've got mine feeling good this week.

I had a wedding this week so I didn't get any practice time in, I will be re running my last weeks setup.

Who's room are we running in tonight?
I'm powering up.

Nevermind I jut got pm from Nizmo'

My GT5 is trippin!
 
Last edited:
Sorry bout that QS, power has gone out here, if you'd like, we can do the 1v1 again once it comes back on.

If I must, I'll take a video of your move. Being totally honest, you guys in the subarus needed to be much more careful passing people. You have a ton more downforce, that doesn't mean you can just run everyone over and use people as your brakes.

Also, I'd prefer to not be called "too slow to cry" when the person saying I'm too slow is driving the most OP car in any series I've ever seen.

Seriously Nizmo, it's either 2 seconds too fast, or it's crazy slow at tracks with a decent straight or two. It really doesn't fit, nor has it ever. If I could just show up at autumn ring and be incredibly fast and finish second in my first race, that should've been a major red flag.

Also, what was with the guy using a CRZ TC and Dave using the v8 car? Those aren't in the OP, and the guy in the CRZ was lagging like a *****.

So QS, I should have power back pretty soon, if you wouldn't mind, I wouldn't mind finishing the 1v1. This time with one of the selectable cars with no tuning, to eliminate the tune variable.

Now with video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDOAOeDlIFw
 
Last edited:
I agree with polar a 100%, I got dove into by all the high downforce cars and a high downforce V8 car with 355hp doesn't seem balanced to me. If anything the Evo's should have 355hp since we have the lowest downforce on the grid, and I still keep it clean for the most part when passing. I'm sure you guys will sort the cars issue out for season 2 so ill just try to survive in the mean time.

All & all I still had a good time tho!
 
joetruckv8
I agree with polar a 100%, I got dove into by all the high downforce cars and a high downforce V8 car with 355hp doesn't seem balanced to me. If anything the Evo's should have 355hp since we have the lowest downforce on the grid, and I still keep it clean for the most part when passing. I'm sure you guys will sort the cars issue out for season 2 so ill just try to survive in the mean time.

All & all I still had a good time tho!

The Subaru won't be a issue, as I believe they're moving to the dlc TC car.

I agree the Mitsubishi should get a hp boost.
 

I'm sorry to intrude on a thread I am not a racer in, but.... that's a funny looking rail, oh wait its another car.... I'm so glad I took a second look in the replay, I nearly mistook a moving car as a rail you can freely used to gain places and save time. OH WAIT NOOOO.... no, there's no excuses for that at all. Now I've had to pick up some pretty nasty animal dung in my time, but many have been cleaner than this manoeuvre.

Sorry, maybe a little over-reacting, but I'm just that darn appalled by it. You cannot use a another car like that and get away with it. There's not even an attempt to steer away from the collision, it's that blatent.
 
Just thought I'd chip in, having raced these cars a ton at Tsukuba in TOCA. That driving would get you a DQ in my leagues.
 
I remember that, that was right after I got steamed rolled out the way!
 
joetruckv8
I remember that, that was right after I got steamed rolled out the way!

Yep ;)

I thought about putting that in, but I didn't want to open too many fights up.

I could've gotten over the move, but the:

"You're too slow to cry"

That put me over the edge.
 
That was some great racing today...great job bronzo for sweeping the wins, and good job team Subaru for sweeping the podium in race 2. And also, congrats to Dave for a 4th place in race 2. Didn't expect that. Also, first couple of laps on that track were INSANE. Haha, great fun 👍
 
Shoe67
That was some great racing today...great job bronzo for sweeping the wins, and good job team Subaru for sweeping the podium in race 2. And also, congrats to Dave for a 4th place in race 2. Didn't expect that. Also, first couple of laps on that track were INSANE. Haha, great fun 👍

Says the Subaru driver xD

At the front all was good. I had some fun up there, mid-back pack wasn't quite the same...
 
polarbear345
Says the Subaru driver xD

At the front all was good. I had some fun up there, mid-back pack wasn't quite the same...

Mid pack was quite rough with me as well. Silver ran me off the track with 100% intention, but I didn't make a big deal about it. I'm not naming names, but I think a certain bear needs to calm down and leave it on the track. I am sorry for your poor luck in todays events, and I hope you have better luck next time. Also polarbear, you can drive the Subaru for me at Spa because I have no DLC. 👍
 
Shoe67
Mid pack was quite rough with me as well. Silver ran me off the track with 100% intention, but I didn't make a big deal about it. I'm not naming names, but I think a certain bear needs to calm down and leave it on the track. I am sorry for your poor luck in todays events, and I hope you have better luck next time. Also polarbear, you can drive the Subaru for me at Spa because I have no DLC. 👍

Only making a big deal about it because he said I was too slow. I don't want to drive the Subaru at spa (Mazda will be quicker)

And sorry I don't like being used as a barrier. We can make a movie about all the stuff he did that race, and still have some footage left over. If you were shoved off the track on purpose, aren't you upset? I don't do these races because I want organized dirty touring car rooms, I do them because they're supposed to have clean racing. I understand in touring cars there is some bumping involved in them, but tonight was incredibly rough. No denying that, even Nizmo was upset at this evening.
 
I'm not upset because he still scored points for our team. That's what matters, OUR TEAM. If you watch replays from previous races, you will see that I almost ALWAYS let bronzo pass me because I know that he is always faster than me, and also that he is trying to get a drivers championship while I am not. It doesn't matter what order we are as long as we get as many points as possible for the TEAM. That's why I am here. I am here to drive with my team, and pitch in as much as I can for an overall team championship. I'm not here to make a big deal about one drivers poor decisions.
 
Shoe67
I'm not upset because he still scored points for our team. That's what matters, OUR TEAM. If you watch replays from previous races, you will see that I almost ALWAYS let bronzo pass me because I know that he is always faster than me, and also that he is trying to get a drivers championship while I am not. It doesn't matter what order we are as long as we get as many points as possible for the TEAM. That's why I am here. I am here to drive with my team, and pitch in as much as I can for an overall team championship. I'm not here to make a big deal about one drivers poor decisions.

If you weren't on his team, would you be upset if you were me?
 
polarbear345
If you weren't on his team, would you be upset if you were me?

I would, but I would leave it on the track, and I'm the PMs. There is no reason to post on the thread regarding on track incidents.
 
Shoe67
I would, but I would leave it on the track, and I'm the PMs. There is no reason to post on the thread regarding on track incidents.

I'd rather work it out here, than leave him for dead in the race.

I truly believe he was very wrong, and that is proved by two people that have NOTHING to do with this series saying he was being stupid, and one saying than in his series that would warrant a disqualification.
 
In the most polite way possible polarbear, please just take it to PMs between you and silver. See you next week, and I hope it turns out better for you next week
 
Shoe67
In the most polite way possible polarbear, please just take it to PMs between you and silver. See you next week, and I hope it turns out better for you next week

I won't be here next week.
 
That was the most pathetic display of driving from some of the most consistent okes in this series, last night ... the amount of Destruction Derby going on on track was horrendous ... I'm ashamed to call this my series ... I'm not impressed ... cars going off everywhere, people pushing and shoving on track ... WTF GUYS????

This has left a sour taste in my mouth for future events ... I did not expect the display from you guys last night!!!! ....

And the chirp made from a certain someone to a certain bear was not called for ... that is not the type of behavior I expect from my drivers ...
 
Last edited:
Maybe you guys should consider using heavy damage , it promotes cleaner safer driving
 
joe truck and polar, the reason I used the v8super car is I had discussed using it with niz before he launched bankfin, if you read the second ever post on this thread I clearly state, "put me in the aussie car" but niz didn't have it to spec so I spec'd it as close to the rest of the field as I could, the reason it has 355BHP is it weighs 1350KG, he didn't think it was fair to have it compete against all the super lights that the rest of the field is, and having "high down force dont mean ____ to me as to keep it fair to the rest of you I dont run more then 20 points on the nose and 35 more on the tail, as 50 and 70 would be really unfair, and for those going to Fuji next week you will see just how much of a disadvantage has on a track with a long straight, I think I'm going to be approximate 20kph down on the field at the end of the straight,

and for those who want to just bad mouth everyone else on their said driving standards, I've got both replays saved, I'm very certain I could find 2 incidents easily that were created by all of you, ie, turn 1, lap 1, both races, I brake late intentionally to go wide as I know there is always 1 person in every and any field that stumbles, but to be moved out of the way by 6 people the first race is just stupid, 4th to 12-14th in the first lap, and if people say you cant overtake "clean" as on a tight track there is always going to be some rubbing, watch my overtake on lap 5, turn 1 race 2, I aimed for the outside, went 3 wide with flanked and another gent got a tap in the rear and gained 2 spots, but this is Tsukuba, there are bound to be incidents between cars so evenly matched,

also @joe, if your referring to the incident down the back stretch out of the hairpin, I did all I could to avoid you, but you continued to close the door/ apex late, that time round I honestly thought you had sighted me and were giving me room, the 70% around the hairpin you come right down across my nose, If you watch it you will see me brake but no where to go,

skengD, the incident we had on lap 2 or 3, race 2 turn 1 exit, I wasn't going for a pass, I was just trying to keep out of the way and expected you and the CR-Z not to come back to that side of the track, the weird part of that incident is it looked like at the time and still does on my replay that the actual incident the cars barely touch, but they touch square to I didn't understand why your car rotated like it had been in a P.I.T manouver,

ATIN, when your being caught at 1.8 seconds a lap, run wide under the bridge and slide all the way to the braking zone and block the inside line, then come back to the outside line to block when I'm already trying to avoiding an incident, you cant expect any other result,

I could bang on about this all day, but I'm not, there was some good close driving here, but there is always going to be incidents on such a tight narrow course, with more room at Fuji the racing is going to be so much cleaner and hopefully the finish is closer,
 
Tdz dave i just took a look and it was lap 4 turn 1 , the crz and i were on the right hand side of the track and you ran into me causing me to spin and then it seems you lost control after getting rear damage . I dont see any excuse for that move , it looked worse than quiksilvers move on skater in my opinion .

Maybe it was lag
 
In this whole series I think my car was a ghost car. I was rammed of the track at all events by numerous drivers and never mentioned any names or posted any videos here.

Last night I was Knocked of in race 1 turn 1 ones again. The frustration got the overhand of me.

Polar I am sorry that U where in the middel of it all but U metioned my name in the room while I was still very upset with all of this and thats why I called U slow.

I won many clean driver trophies. In This series the cleaner I tried to race the more drivers divebomed me?????
This is the reason why I also started doing that. Now I am a legent on UTUBE.....;nice:grumpy:👎
 
Silver your a good driver , mistakes do happen . We just need to respect each other more on track , trust me your nowhere as bad as some other drivers out there .
 
Morning Gents,

I had a look at the replay, guys seriously this is a very tight track, and we all try our best to get our nose in front of the guy ahead of you. So there will be contact.

I tried my best at racing clean, I saw I touched Polar on lap 6 I think, which caused him to run wide, but i backed off and waited for him to regain control and his position.

Guys I don't think that anybody would intentionally drive dirty, except maybe a driver that got pushed and his blood started to boil, which can happen, but is still wrong on the end of the day.

But we should refer to Private Messages for these incidents remember..

Lets keep our cool, and keep on racing as clean as we can. No one can ask for more than that.
 
Tdz dave i just took a look and it was lap 4 turn 1 , the crz and i were on the right hand side of the track and you ran into me causing me to spin and then it seems you lost control after getting rear damage . I dont see any excuse for that move , it looked worse than quiksilvers move on skater in my opinion .

Maybe it was lag

yeah well my replay shows us side by side, even though it shouldn't have been, I went back a gear to slow up more when I seen you 2 mixing it up and hugged the inside, you 2 should have been gone or wrecked by the time I got the considering how far back I was at the apex of turn 1,

but it could have been lag, my new net provider has gremlins between 1.30am and 7am my time, its not like lag in usual sense, "cars doing 300kph backwards and upside down" more like an old commodore 64 game frame rate, just a little less jolty, I did notice the CR-Z lag quite bad though, and I have read through the threads and seen people saying that connecting/ connections have been a bit awful since the latest update,

but anyway, it was not intentional, I didn't even have the intention of passing in that section of the track because I cant, the acceleration of the XR8 isn't anywhere near the rest of the field,
 
Back