Barbers GT500 Suzuka challenge. *Event over*

Expect a few of us to end up in a gravel trap old tyres
Is that with or without 'help'?!!:D

I did do a couple of laps in the NSX (as @Pigems and I swapped cars) and it's definitely a little lively compared to the GT-R, must be said, but by god is it quick in a straight line. I've never seen The Esses as a place to overtake around Suzuka before but I've no chance of passing an NSX in a 'normal' spot so that might have to change!

Last edited:
I did do a couple of laps in the NSX (as @Pigems and I swapped cars) and it's definitely a little lively compared to the GT-R, must be said, but by god is it quick in a straight line. I've never seen The Esses as a place to overtake around Suzuka before but I've no chance of passing an NSX in a 'normal' spot so that might have to change!

I've given up on things like the racing line and optimum braking points with the NSX. I've decided to do the only sensible thing when dealing with Gr2 and Suzuka. I'm gunna use the same technique I use with the kart. I'm gunna use The Force! :lol:

So, this will be the livery I'll be using on the night:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200820002622.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200820002635.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200820002604.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200820002650.png

@VulcanSpirit, @El_Beardo @SRT DK Racing I've got 2 spots with Honda available if you're interested!

Not my favorit car , but iam for sure happy to get into the race , so will have to give it go :) Iff a GTR should be availeble , please think off me :) On the other hand , the one practise I took part in the NSX seemed to be the fastest and iam pretty good at saving my tires (iam to cheap to buy new tires) :)

Last edited:
If anyone need a Lexus livery I have a few. Just let me have the number you want so I can change it for you

Hey, if you have a livery handy I would love to grab one. Tried my hand again last night and it was :yuck:. Was trying to replicate a RL livery, has trouble with decals spilling over beyond where I wanted them.

:cheers:

Ah didn’t even touch those. Never messed around with the editor before. Just for this event though I actually did watch some tutorials so actually learnt some stuff

Out of time now. Though I still have an option of going with what I have which is meh

Hopefully this will help a bit, I’m not great with it either though. :)

Check out my profile to see wich one you want.
pSN: Resident_Knievel
I called dips on the Castrol

Holy Moly those some nice liveries. I’ll take the Martini one please :)

Hopefully this will help a bit, I’m not great with it either though. :)

I’ll check it out man, thanks. I’ll need a livery for my new Manu so will see what I can apply to make my car non-ugly

Hey guys, just started a practice lobby, this time it is friends only. Will run for approx. 90 mins until 19h DE/18h UK. If you want we can do a little test race at the end to practice the grid start etc.

Add me on PSN if you wanna join: robbybass . Note: Just bc I only discovered it recently - you have to restart your ps4 (or at least GT Sport?) after we've become friends before you'll see the lobby

Ah didn’t even touch those. Never messed around with the editor before. Just for this event though I actually did watch some tutorials so actually learnt some stuff

The livery editor is one of those places you can easily get sucked into spending a lot of time in. When you take the next step into making your own decals, that's a whole different rabbit hole.....:lol:

Livery all sorted for tomorrow evenings race. Based on the unique but sadly unsuccessful HKS Mercedes CLK GT500 that ran in Super GT/JGTC as it was then during the 2002 season.

A big thanks to @Maninashed for sorting out the HKS Super Fire Racing, and spark plug decals.

20200822011419.jpg

Upon doing some testing it seems that tyre life for the NSX should be about 14-20 laps as it should be a 1 stop, though tyre conservation is far from my strongest suite so take that information with a pinch of salt :lol:.

Back