Barclays Premiership 06/07 Thread (I cant think of a funny title at the moment)

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 375 comments
What!?

If anything it's because they're supposed to be the premiership leaders and they just got beat.

What!?

Arsenal fans were chanting who are ya before they were winning.

Like I said its probably because man u got taken over by the glaziers, with the hardcore reds fans, leaving man utd and starting up their own rival club, with ex hardcore reds fans saying "who are ya" which then arsenal fans picked up to taunt man utd with.

Okay, so i've just finished watching the footie match with my brother, Manchester United vs. Arsenal..

Arsenal won 2 - 1.

My brother is happy and stuff 'cause he surports Arsenal, and i surportted them during that match too, 'cuase personaly Manchester Unites are.. Well.. jusy over-rated? But yeah, back to the piont. The end of the match, and my brother jumps up, and chants..

"Who are ya, who are ya!"

I look back at the television, and the whole arsenal crowd is chanting this phrase too! Here i am, sat thinking what the heck, does it mean when you shout "Who are ya?!" if anything?!

Maybe it's just me, being a girl, and not having too much knowledge of football, but i was just woundering, What does it mean?!

Anyone out there know?

I think its arsenal fans takin a jab at man u being taking over by an american, therefore loosing their identity.

What!?

If anything it's because they're supposed to be the premiership leaders and they just got beat.

But if thats the reason.. Then wouldn't it be more logical to chant..

"Lossers" ??

Hmmm.. I feel such a dumb blounde currently..

What!?

Arsenal fans were chanting who are ya before they were winning.

Like I said its probably because man u got taken over by the glaziers, with the hardcore reds fans, leaving man utd and starting up their own rival club, with ex hardcore reds fans saying "who are ya" which then arsenal fans picked up to taunt man utd with.

Blimey, we need someone over 25 in this thread.

*looks about*

Oh, that'll be me then.

It's traditional to chant "Who are yer?" at opposition teams - not supporters - when your team is on top, either through possession, superior play or score. It's an expression of dominance - we're (insert team here) and we're much better than you, who are you?

It doesn't have to make any logical sense. Football chants rarely do. Take this pearl:

"And it's (insert team name here)!
(insert team name here) FC!
We're by far the greatest team,
the world has ever seen!"

Repeat ad nauseam.

Now, obviously, you aren't the greatest team the world has ever seen. That was the 1970 Brazilian World Cup team - and anyway, you're playing in the Coca Cola League 1, so credentials for being the greatest team the world has ever seen are not particularly obvious.

How about:

"You're going home in a 🤬 ambulance!"

Several thousand away supporters in one ambulance? And since when did ambulances take people from the assumed Accident and Emergency ward directly to their home?

Don't overanalyse it.

[cuase personaly Manchester Unites are.. Well.. jusy over-rated?
So over rated we're the most succesful club in Premiership history and I think the second most succesful club in English football history and we're currently top of the table ;). If being called the best Premiership team makes us over rated then I'm miffed as to how Man U should be rated really. Anyway, that was a dissapointing end to a very entertaining game from my point of view, but it wa an entertaining game. The first half Man U were by far the dominant team, Arsenal were playing like the the away team, 2 banks of 4 at the back and playing on the break away. In the second half they started to exploit our left wing, Giggs got tired an dI think Ferguson should have replaced Giggs possibly with Park at about the 70th minuet and replaced Evra with Heinze but he didn't and they scored both goals from runs down their right wing. Good form though for Van Persie, cerdit to him, most players would have hit the ball harder and they'd have skied it or hammered it into the side netting. Van Persie is very good at scoring goals where he can use the pace of the ball. Henry's god marking. We gave that game away. But I'm not totally dissapointed, we haven't lost any of our lead over Chelsea and we have increased our goal difference by 1.

And Poverty, the hardcore Red's fans didn't leave and setup FC United, the fans that did that wern't hardcore united fans, they were fans with money who were in opposition to the takeover. The hardcore Man U fans are still Man U fans.

Good form though for Van Persie, cerdit to him, most players would have hit the ball harder

He'd have struggled to hit it any harder, given what happened to him...

Sportinglife.com
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has sustained a "partial fracture" to his foot.

The Dutch player suffered the injury when scoring the equalising goal in the 2-1 Premiership defeat of Manchester United

I didn't know that he broke his foot. Looking at the goal though it looked like he just put his foot in theway and let the pace of the ball take it into the back of the net. It was probably more down to the pace of the ball when hitting his foot than how hard he actually hit the ball.

He already had a foot injury, doing what he did made it worse.

Also this emoticon sums up how I feel about Chelsea at the moment.
emot-downsbravo.gif

It's apt.

Apt.

Apparently Van Persie broke his foot during the celebration.

/me is off to the Donkey of the Month Thread.

Yes, Man U's goal difference is staggering. 4 nil by the way, that's Manchester United 4, Tottenham - 0. I thought we played badly in the first half, but in the second half we cut through them.

When we played Man U, i had Chelsea and Tottenham fans around me rooting for Arsenal. I just want someone, anyone to stop Man U from running away with it.

You would rather Chelea win? Thats low. I'd rather Arsenal won than Chelsea, even Man city. But not Liverpool.

No, I'd rather Arsenal won. But for that to happen we need Chelsea and Man U to loose some games. Hence why i wanted Tottenham to beat you.

To be honest i'd probably rather that ManU won than Chelsea.

Man U and Chelsea were both pretty clinical today. Liverpool we're beat by newcastle, which while I'm happy to see Liverpool lose, there was no way that was penalty and Liverpool were by far the better side.

Man U and Chelsea were both pretty clinical today. Liverpool we're beat by newcastle, which while I'm happy to see Liverpool lose, there was no way that was penalty and Liverpool were by far the better side.

I couldn't belive how bellamy didn't score a hattrick in that match.

That was clearly a penalty, did you not notice how the player who committed the foul didn't protest against the penalty? His foot lagged behind and caught the foot of the Newcastle player...It was a good game though.

No, it wasn't nearly a penalty imo, the player dived, it was also a very wet surface. He trailed his foot and dived, if a penalty like that was awarded against Man U I'd be pissed. A player not arguing doesn't mean the ref is right, it just means the player hasn't argued, it never makes any difference to the decision anyway. And players more often than not, argue when they blatantly committed a foul. As much as I hate Liverpool, they should have at least got 1 point from that match.

What's everyone's take on Robben yesterday? Goes into the box, knocks the ball past a defender, dives, then realises he can still get the ball, gets up, takes a shot which gets a deflection and scores.

Surely he should have been booked for the dive? Therefore the goal shouldn't have stood.

I agree, the ref should have blown the whistle the second he went over and booked him. There was no way that should have been a goal. I don;t tihnk it had any bearing on the outcome of the game, I think Chelsea would have won regardless, but that wasn't good play by Robben.

The Arsenal match was shocking, Wigan were robbed, well and truely robbed. Arsenals first goal came from a counter attack right after Wigan had an undeniable penalty turned down. And Henry was just a completly unsportsman like in that game, mind you his arrogance is really coming out this season in general. He's a good player but he's not a sportsman.

They're a pretty dirty team imo, they play some great passing football though.

On another note, the referee in the Wigan game, Down has been reported to the referees comitte by Wigan.

It was becuase he probably will get relegated down to refereing Championship games for a while.

Oh man for some reason Chelsea started up their own youtube channel and I found this on it.

They try to interview Diarra but he's shy because he's still learning english and the other guys are making fun a bit. Also Drogba is a big bully. :D

Back