Barclays Premiership 06/07 Thread (I cant think of a funny title at the moment)

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 375 comments
I am totally suicidal. I would really like to swear.

**** YOU Man U ********!

CCX
I am totally suicidal. I would really like to swear.

**** YOU Man U ********!

I believe you just did. You may want to tone it down before you post again.

Or not.

polishes baanhammer just in case...

Although a half-arsed Man U supporter, that win put a huge grin on my face. Probably because both my dad and bro support them :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And that video is hilarious, Brett. I'm actually really surprised they try so hard to get him to speak English. Sometime players seem to spend years in the Premiership and still not be able to string sentences together.

That was a close game, I didn't see Scholes sending off but when I came back into the room and saw he'd been red carded I thought we would have to settle for a draw. Then Rooney came off after that nasty knock on his leg and John O'Shea the hero of the day came on. Close game, fantastic result for Man U.

That was a close game, I didn't see Scholes sending off but when I came back into the room and saw he'd been red carded I thought we would have to settle for a draw. Then Rooney came off after that nasty knock on his leg and John O'Shea the hero of the day came on. Close game, fantastic result for Man U.
Scholes was sent off for 'intent'. Basically he swung his arm wildly at Alonso just after a tackle.

I believe you just did. You may want to tone it down before you post again.

Or not.

polishes baanhammer just in case...

I didnt actually type the words I *'d them, I could have been saying

like you man u citizens!
👍

I'll be quiet now :)

I heard this Peruvian dude who's the leader in goals scored for the PSV Eindhoven, Jefferson Farfan is heading to Chelsea for 13 Million Euro....

Him and Didier would a semi-perfect dupla I think.

But surprisingly, most players that move from a league to the Premiership league, do better than how they did before.

That depends, some palyers relish the Premiership, Ronaldo and Drogba who have both his a class of their own this season. But then you have players like Shevchenko, who was fantastic in Europe, but he just can't keep up over here. It's a different style and paced game in England. What it boils down to is adaptability, younger players will generally adapt quicker, some players in general though will simply never adapt to a good enough degree. Buying a player fro another country is always a risk, they may arrive and be phenominal, or they may arrive and be less than half as effective as they were elsewhere.

Yeah I hear you, it's true. But Farfan is young though, what is he? 23?

A decently young age ain't it?

But I think what it really boils down to is, to what team do you come to.
Chelsea is one of the top teams in football right now, therefore he's more likely to be pressured even more, specially if he wants to be a starting player.

He would have joined Sheffield....then that would have been another story...:D

He's 22 I think, so he's young enough and he definitely has talent. He scored 114 goals in 177 games, so he's pretty prolific. There's no proper way to tell other than to give him a try.

L4S, you going to see that European XI match with United? Sounds like its gonna be brilliant! Shame Beckham got injured and cant partake.

No I didn't go to that European XI game, I'd have liked to but I wasn't able to.

Bolton got thoroughly hammered today, I was there too :dopey:. At 3-0 some of the Bolton fans were actually chanting "who are you" :odd:, the team that's winnning. Also some of the Bolton fans were leaving at 20 mins, loads of the Man U fans in the east stand were waving at them.

What a game Man U 4 - Blackburn 1.

Blackburn we're outplayed by far, but they managed to snatch a goal in the first half and go into half time 1-0 ahead. The second half though, we hit 6th gear and just hammered their goal, one goal by Scholes was followed shortly after by a second goal by Carrick, then Park and then who better to score the 4th, none other that Solskjaer. playing like we did and going into half time 1 goal down your thinking it's only a matter of time. 10 minutes into the second half and more good chances saved by Friedel (who was fantastic btw, theres no other keeper better at dealing with 1 on 1 breakaways imo) and you start to think "damn this might be one of thoes days where you just get no luck", then Scoles slots one home, then carrick, then Park and to make it all the sweeter, Ole. Needless to say, I'm a happy chappy.

And the Watford players walked onto the pitch in the Chelsea game to the Mission Impossible tune :lol:, they have a sense of humour.

If we win all our remaining games but lose to Chelsea, man U will still win it on goal difference. I knew we would struggle against Portsmouth, they're a hard working side, but when Fergie chose Richardson and Fletcher over Giggs and Solskjaer, it seemed like he didn't want to win. What Ferguson sees in Richardson is beyond me, he has a powerful shot, but that's it. The first goal was as much his fault as it was Van Der Sar's, the second goal was simply Van Der Sar's fault. Ah well, football is football, wouldn't be as good if it was too predictable. I'm just glad I didn't bet on the game.

Man U beat Sheffield united 2-0 today in a pretty clinical game, Rooney and Carrick both scored decent goals. Both sides had a blatant penalty dissalowed.

Arsenal beat manchester City 3-1. City had a second goal dissalowed for offside, other than that, from the breif highlights I saw, it was pretty 1 way in that game too.

And tomoorow I'll be blowing bubbles for West Ham when they paly Chelsea. I predict that this game will not be easy for Chelsea since West Ham still have a chance of beating the relegation drop, and at the same time they have just recently started to put in some decent performances on the pitch.

I pretty much agree with you on the Chelsea game, but I think West Ham's defenders will have some trouble keeping up with Didier Drogba and Andriy Shevchenko. Chelsea, on the other hand, might have some troubles with they're defense, especially with the injuries and the moving around they've been doing.

Drogba in particular has been phenominal in front of goal this season. He's the man to mark if your a defender. Sadly Man U have another injury too, Evra, we've lost nearly all our first choice defence at the present. Rio should be back on Saturday though and I don't think Evra is serious. Neville is back soon, Vidic in a week or two. Also Park should be back in the next couple of weeks as well as Saha. But I don't think we need Saha right now.

Chelsea took on the might of West Ham and won, what were the odd of that eh. West Ham for most of the game played very well, particularly in the first half, but unlick a few recent Chelsea performances, Chelsea didn't scrape the win from an average performance on their part, Chelsea played very well too. Two brilliant goals from Shaun Wright-Phillips and a cracker from Tevez in the first half.

Well, Mn U played badly and drew 1-1, meaning Chelsea could cut the lead to 1 point in thier game against Newcastle.

But Chelsea played badly and drew 0-0. I feared the worst, but I got to wipe the sweat off my brow. The title is Man U's to lose, we're so close, we need to play each game like a cup final. I wouildn't have put my money on Chelsea not getting 3 points today, the only two games left for chelsea that they might drop points imo is Arsenal away, and Man U at Stamford Bridge. Man U though have got Everton away, then the Manchester derby at the Manchester city stadium, then Chelsea, before we play the hopefully-by-then-relegated West Ham.

Well, Mn U played badly and drew 1-1, meaning Chelsea could cut the lead to 1 point in thier game against Newcastle.

But Chelsea played badly and drew 0-0. I feared the worst, but I got to wipe the sweat off my brow. The title is Man U's to lose, we're so close, we need to play each game like a cup final. I wouildn't have put my money on Chelsea not getting 3 points today, the only two games left for chelsea that they might drop points imo is Arsenal away, and Man U at Stamford Bridge. Man U though have got Everton away, then the Manchester derby at the Manchester city stadium, then Chelsea, before we play the hopefully-by-then-relegated West Ham.

I seriously thought it was all over for United yesterday. After dropping those points at home we were on a tight rope. If Chelsea had won, I'm sure they would have won the premiership. When we go to Stamford Bridge it's going to be a tough game and I'll take a draw now. Everton & Man City away are notoriously hard games. West Ham are also in a better position and I think it's going to come down to them needing a win in there last game against us. With the UCL semis coming up it's going to take a lot out of the team. Lets hope Rio isn't out for too long.

Rio's out for 2 weeks, I don't know about Richardson, he's injured now ut that isn't really a blow. If we'd played Cathacart earlier in the season we might not be so hesitent to play him at this stage of the season, but the way our defense is at the moment we might have to put on the pitch at some point. Vidic is back in training today, we'll NEED him for the Chelsea game, Vidc has been awesome this season.

Ouch, that is a fairly tough run-in for Man U... Everton away, Man City away, Chelsea away and then a dog-fight with West Ham to decide the title for Man U or a Premiership place for West Ham?! (not to mention the two games with AC Milan in amongst it all..) ..it's going to be a roller-coaster ride for you guys!

Chelsea have three home games and only a tricky away tie at Arsenal to worry about, but I can see them only getting a draw against Man U... but it will come right down to the wire. :nervous:

Latest Posts

Back