Barn Finds

Please help me try and figure this out; I have golded every race in Horizon, every PR Outpost Stunt, every streetrace, driven every road, smashed all of Dak's boards, etc... But I have still to get notified about the 250 Testa Rossa or the DBR1. Also I have maxed out the popularity level, including filling the very large 'FIRST' level.
Is my game broken or something, I just can't figure this out! Please help! XC

Some of you sure are sensitive about the map size. :lol:
We are tired. Of hearing. About. It. From. You.

It wouldn't be a big deal to bring it up if you hadn't made such a big deal out of it before the game was released. Yeah sure the map isn't gobstoppingly huge. We've played FUEL too. But is the sky falling, and has the Forza franchise fallen flat on its face with bitter failure, as you seemed to imply a few short weeks ago? Not real sure about that one.

Please help me try and figure this out; I have golded every race in Horizon, every PR Outpost Stunt, every streetrace, driven every road, smashed all of Dak's boards, etc... But I have still to get notified about the 250 Testa Rossa or the DBR1. Also I have maxed out the popularity level, including filling the very large 'FIRST' level.
Hmm, this makes it sound like the barn find reveals are based on your total mileage. Maybe we'll have to drive a fair bit to earn them all.

Nice name. :) Welcome to ForzaPlanet.

No new barn finds today, sadly. I really wish they'd announce the Shelby already.

And wow, some of you guys are really progressing through this game. I'm still on the my blue wrist band. There's always something sidetracking me so I don't focus much on races that increase my rank. :lol:

I've discovered the last barn find car, and pretty sure it's a Ferrari, since I've gotten the gold wrist band and completed the game. Ugh, I hate that final showdown race. >_> I'll have to find the barn find car when I get the chance to play Forza Horizon again. :)

Sorry for going off topic, but you beat the game already? Seriously? Is the career mode really that short? It looks like I might have to keep prolonging the game as much as possible like I've been doing.

According to the stats, I've driven 2,064.60km's. Time driven, 16h 27:52; game progression, 100%. It's doing my head in; I would hate to start all over again if the game did indeed break the Barn Find announcements. :(

While a few of us were cruising about I got notified of the 7th barn find, the Shelby, so it would seem that it is based on mileage since all we were doing was driving around

I guess it's not that terribly surprising that people are powering through the career mode. To compare to FM4, we've got trailers and map locations instead of a list of boxes, and in an open road context it's harder to justify running the same tracks over and over and over and over and over with car/objective variations X, Y, Z, A, B, C, etc.

Not to mention that race central girl simply will not shut up about anything, including pestering you to enter more events after you've been free roaming for more than 2.5 seconds.

Well from this, we can say it's not progress specific..

The barnfinds were somewhat strange. I've found five so far, and jsut collected the pink wristband.

Yesterday, I found the first one, after getting the first wristband. Played for a few hours, got the green writsband, then found four in incredibly quick succession, without making any progresss in between. I was barely able to pick a restored barn find up before the next rumour was announced.

Got the blue and pink wristband today, so I did make a lot of progress, but no new rumour popped up... Seems to be entirely random, I guess :lol:

Sorry for going off topic, but you beat the game already? Seriously? Is the career mode really that short? It looks like I might have to keep prolonging the game as much as possible like I've been doing.

Haha. Yep, the game is finished, but I haven't finished the other gold events and the last street races yet. Maybe it's just the points system being to short. :lol: When I discovered another barn find, it was after I did only a few sprint events. :)

Spoiler for last barn find car incoming!

At Beaumont's large straight road, on your right theres a shortcut near a red building that you can enter in.
GetPhoto.ashx

After entering the shortcut, turn to your right again where you'll see I think a "white" house, the barn find with a fantastic classic racer is founded within that barn in front of you. :)
GetPhoto.ashx

I didn't take a photo of the car because I didn't want to ruin the surprised for everyone, but I think everyone knows what the car is, haha. :lol: Hope I helped out with the last barn find. 👍

When i said that i thought all the barn finds would be more spread out, i DID mean that the would be spread out across the game and not the map..

..i thought that one find would come when your on one wristband and when you get another wristband and so on and so on..i didnt expect them to come in the first five hours of me playing the game yesterday!

Its my fault for the confusion in the thread as i should have made my post more clearer..

I immediately paused after getting a notice for a barn find (8th) and checked my stats, but I didn't see anything obvious to indicate how it works. I had 995.0 miles and 48.0% completion at the time.

I wish there was a random chance of finding a unicorn in one of the barns you've already collected, or after you've gotten them all. I had that idea today while racing the Lotus Elan and CRX wanderers.

So far i've found 6/9.

Jaguar D-type
Bugatti EB110 SS
BMW M1
Plymouth Hemi Cuda
Aston Martin DB5
Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing

:D

Thanks to the popularity rank thread, the DBR1 call finally came in :D

Now i'm only missing the 250 Testa 👍

I think its based on time in game, I am at 36.5% and 20.5 hours and got the last barn find.

I just got the last barn find at 17.5 hours, but I'm also at 50.0% coincidentally. Perhaps there are percentage and time thresholds, and you unlock based on whichever comes first. So 20 hours or 50% for the last one?

Back