GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
barrett-jackson-forza-car-pack.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/news/300811/forza-7-barrett-jackson-car-pack/amp/

I'm unfamiliar with a lot of those, everything aside the Bronco, Cuda and Chevelle actually. Anyone well versed in the hot rod world could be of any help here?

Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible

Chevrolet Chevelle

Ford Bronco

Aaron Grote's Atomic Punk bubbletop custom

Fuller Hot Rod's 1932 Ford Double Down

Not getting their own pics: 1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra and the unnamed orange hot rod wearing a 1932 Ford grill.

That orange hotrod is gonna be interesting to try and tune, judging by those teeny tiny front wheels. But darn it I will find a way to make it useful somewhere other than a drag strip! That's exactly the kind of silly challenge that keeps me coming back to FM7, after all.

Also, pretty cool that all of the cars featured were either auctioned by Barrett-Jackson or owned by someone who works there. Certainly a lot more interesting when they have a direct connection to the pack's sponsor

Horrible pack, and an absolute joke after they said how they want to take motorsport more seriously. The Cobra is the only worthy addition.

I love the '70 'Cuda so I was prepared to give the rest a pass, but once I saw it was a convertible... 0/10 would not ba-... pay for.

Shame it counts as part of the car pass, was really hoping that extra pack might have been good. This one should have been a free bonus along the lines of the Hot Wheels pack.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the negative sentiments here.

I mean it was a nice gesture for T10 to extend the car pass for free and give us a really nice pack with the Top Gear Pack.

This pack however has no vehicles of interest for me and while I think pretty much anything with four wheels can fit in the sandbox nature of Forza, there other divisions and types of cars that IMO are more of a priority than a tie in with a brand/company I've never heard of before.

Would have served well as a free pack, not as paid content. Hopefully T10 see the feedback from this and look to flesh out areas of need in the car roster like;

LMPs
GT3/GTLM
Classic Race Cars
Modern Indy Cars (still waiting on them)
Modern Production Cars
80's Production Cars
Anything French/Japanese
etc, etc, etc ,etc

Well. You can't please everyone... *shrug*

Looks like you cant please anyone.

The problem is that we've seen Barrett Jackson auctions and the cars above are not representative of the cars we see there.

Its like that Hot Wheels pack... its fine for a laugh like in Horizon but in Motorsport? Nah.

If it was free that's another story... we forgive a lot if its gratis but yeah... maybe a 3rd time with the car packs?

Both the orange hot rod and Cuda belong to the CEO of Barrett-Jackson.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hannah...-the-man-behind-barrett-jackson/#1d33bcea2578

Not sure on the story behind the Chevelle or Bronco though.

Both the Bronco and the Chevelle are owned by Barrett-Jackson's Executive Vice President and General Manager Nick Cardinale.

Too bad about the Chevelle still getting the SS censorship...

Link for the Chevelle. And look what it says here!

This one-of-a-kind car will be featured as part of the Barrett-Jackson Car Pack in Microsoft’s award-winning games: Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4, and comes out of the personal collection of Barrett-Jackson EVP/General Manger, Nick Cardinale.

a31a9a61-22c9-4e47-b659-13bd3e2c12ae.jpg

5411e355-d25c-44cb-b37d-253fbbced2bb.jpg

I do not particularly care about any of the cars of this pack (although they would be very welcome additions to FH4's roster) but the T61 Cooper Monaco. And it's a King Cobra! It should be a hoot to drive around any old-fashioned circuit.

Hopefully we'll get a T57 to go against the Lotus Eleven one day too - and then there's the matter of that other, Maserati-powered Cooper that was found lurking in the game files. Can't say the King Cobra being listed as a "Shelby" with no mention whatsoever of its Cooper provenance is encouraging, tho...

A weird car pack considering that it's a motorsport game. These would be lovely in Horizon (I am properly in love with that Ford Bronco), but why have it in a game like this?

Logic of T10 amazes me. On live stream they admit that they took the wrong direction with their vision about motorsport and then we get this. The whole community shouts that this is wrong but they still repeat their mistakes. This is beyond me... they simply want to kill this game with these decisions.

Logic of T10 amazes me. On live stream they admit that they took the wrong direction with their vision about motorsport and then we get this. The whole community shouts that this is wrong but they still repeat their mistakes. This is beyond me... they simply want to kill this game with these decisions.

Their ongoing attempt to redeem themselves revolve around what they refer to as "Forza Fundamentals". This does not involve the nature of the content. However, I agree that Turn 10 should be careful not to make a habit out of content like this. It's been exceptionally bad lately, although there has been some good additions in between (spotlight cars). Mainstream car culture and motorsports will get drowned out in Forza if they keep taking their content in the direction of custom builds, ending up with a niche fanbase that cannot fund their ambitions.

Huge meh. :indiff:

And Turn 10 certainly isn't trying to.

Hot Wheels, Formula Drift, Hoonigan and now Barrett-Jackson. Not the kind of content that made Forza popular.
What makes Forza popular are quirky, unique cars such as this. It may not have something for everyone, and that is fine. But the point of this pack is that it consists of cars not seen in other games, and cars some of us haven't heard of.

It's why I like packs like this, and what makes Forza popular to me. 👍

I'm unfamiliar with a lot of those, everything aside the Bronco, Cuda and Chevelle actually. Anyone well versed in the hot rod world could be of any help here?

I've read and seen most about the Cooper Monaco based Shelby King Cobras. It became popular to fit American V8 engines in the obsolete Cooper Monaco which had been designed for a small four pot. I believe Shelby built six which were fitted with Ford 289 Cobra spec engines. When a journalist was told that the car had a Cobra engine he nicknamed it the "King Cobra". The Nickey Chevrolet Team (and others) fitted their Cooper Monaco's with Chevy engines.

These cars were very difficult to drive as a result of extreme rear weight bias (cast iron V8 instead of little 4 pot), had very narrow, hard tyres and suffered from front end lift which made high speed steering and braking a challenge. Probably the two greatest drivers of the "King Cobra" were Dave MacDonald and Parnelli Jones.

I have been lucky enough to see both Shelby and Nickey Chevrolet examples of these cars in the pits at Brands Hatch during Historic Festivals - the drivers confirmed that they are a real handful - cornering must be planned well in advance and any deviation from planned inputs normally results in loss of control.

I am very jealous that Forza users get to drive and enjoy this great historic!

Below: the incredibly talented Dave MacDonald beating a World class field by more than lap in his Shelby King Cobra!

Name another game where you can drive Hot Wheels, Hoonigans and B-J cars.

What makes Forza popular are quirky, unique cars such as this. It may not have something for everyone, and that is fine. But the point of this pack is that it consists of cars not seen in other games, and cars some of us haven't heard of.

It's why I like packs like this, and what makes Forza popular to me. 👍

Large selection of realistic production cars you can upgrade, customize and race on track is what made Forza popular.

I like the King Cobra, the Plymouth, and the Chevelle. The others can jog on.

That orange hotrod is gonna be interesting to try and tune, judging by those teeny tiny front wheels. But darn it I will find a way to make it useful somewhere other than a drag strip! That's exactly the kind of silly challenge that keeps me coming back to FM7, after all.
They're still meatier than the hardly-more-than-motorcycle-width tires on the front of the Atomic Punk. Even more interesting, the tires on the Atomic Punk are good old-fashioned bias-ply tires, not radials. I hope they model the performance of the tires accordingly. It will be hilarious trying to muscle it around a proper road course (like the Nürburgring GP circuit it's show on).

Back