Barrett-Jackson Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 101 comments
What makes Forza popular are quirky, unique cars such as this. It may not have something for everyone, and that is fine. But the point of this pack is that it consists of cars not seen in other games, and cars some of us haven't heard of.

It's why I like packs like this, and what makes Forza popular to me. 👍

I agree if we're talking quirky such as the Lamborghini Jarama or Merkur XR4Ti. They aren't what you find in other current racing games, but they are still true to Forza's roots. The custom car builds, however, are a relatively new and intensifying direction that is bound to annoy the fans who simply like Forza for being a game focusing on a myriad of production cars and race cars. Perhaps narrow-minded, but nothing wrong with that when it comes to gaming preferences.

Name another game where you can drive Hot Wheels, Hoonigans and B-J cars.
True.
Large selection of realistic production cars you can upgrade, customize and race on track is what made Forza popular.
This is also true.

It also has probably the largest selection and widest variety of purpose-built race cars in any video game. This pack adds to all three categories. It's almost as if this game has something for everyone.

What makes Forza popular are quirky, unique cars such as this. It may not have something for everyone, and that is fine. But the point of this pack is that it consists of cars not seen in other games, and cars some of us haven't heard of.

It's why I like packs like this, and what makes Forza popular to me. 👍
The problem here though is that they're adding them in bigger bursts than they should. For a car pack, there should be a balance; a mix of quirky cars, race cars, and the main stream nonsense that children, teens, and young adults want.

For me only the King Cobra is interesting, of course my main interest is in race cars and some street cars. American muscle cars and hot rods, let alone off-roaders are not exactly my cup of tea... (OK, I like the late 80’s and early 90’s Dakar prototypes like the Pajero or the 405 and the ZX, even the Schlesser buggies and of course the Bowlers but normal road cars like a Bronco or SUVs don’t make me interested.)

The problem here though is that they're adding them in bigger bursts than they should. For a car pack, there should be a balance; a mix of quirky cars, race cars, and the main stream nonsense that children, teens, and young adults want.

To be entirely fair, they are doing so with a car pack that is coming 1 year, 3 months after the launch of the title it is intended for. I think people expecting T10 to add actually interesting content behind a paywall, and accusing them of being foolish in doing so, may want to think better about the current situation.

I'd honestly much rather see them add new or updated motorsport content via the monthly Spotlights, for free, in a way all players can access, than behind a paywall. So far they aren't doing too poorly in that regard, having spent the past few months expanding on some of those categories Forza does better than any other game, before moving to more modern metal with last month's M8 GTE. Sadly, this month's 911 is not exactly the raciest of racecars out there, either - I am glad it will be also coming to Horizon, because I doubt it will get more than a couple of laps of the Nordschleife in Forza Motorsport from me.

Also, I think it's the baby boomers who may find the most satisfaction with vintage hot rods. The youngsters want their drift cars and 12,000 hp Bugattis, and young adults are the most race-oriented audience out there (unless you mean something else entirely by "young adult").

Ehh, the Hot Rods and the Cuda might be fun to take drag racing. I'm mostly looking forward to that Shelby though, it looks like that'll be quite fun to drive.

Well, it's a decent pack I suppose. I will definitely enjoy playing with these machines when they become available.

Still need more open wheel race cars - the new IndyCar body kit is literally the only thing I want. Please!!!

39742116263_9b68c17e84_b.jpg

This might be a sleeper car for some Classes.

With tyres that wide and slick it's bound to have potential for a good Handling stat.

Looks great to me. Something for everyone. We must have like 800+ cars now to choose from by now. I will never get to 90% of them I am sure.

Don't care for this current "niche tuner car edition" theme we've been seeing. We have seen fairly little in terms of stock classic muscle, new race cars and modern cars of the moment (outside of SUV's). The new DPI's are fan favourites and entering their 3rd season, so why haven't wee seen them? would also make up for losing 2 current reg. P1s and 3 P900s and the fact AC, PC2, IRacing and GTS all of a full range of them. Losing Toyota shouldn't have affected the Rebellion but I digress.

The problem I have with the themed stuff is that it hasn't been varied, they've all been some US based tuner car culture.

Hoonagan - Pre tuned
Formula D - Pre tuned
Baratt Jackson - Pre tuned/Custom
Hot Wheels - Pre tuned/Custom
Fast and the Furious - Pre tuned

All as I can say is they need more than some post 90's cars with 700 bhp and faux aero or muscle cars with twice the power and wheels that should have stayed in 2004 to keep me onboard for another 20 or so months. I would have much preferred bring over some of the new to Horizon cars as the last free pack. But it be fair, new tracks is what we really need.

Give me VGTs any day rather than ficitional hot wheels cars that dont belong in a game based on track racing.

I hope hot wheels and other fictional cars from gta or whatever it is does make its way into Gran Turismo.

Give me VGTs any day rather than ficitional hot wheels cars that dont belong in a game based on track racing.

I hope hot wheels and other fictional cars from gta or whatever it is does make its way into Gran Turismo.
This is the Forza Motorsport section of the forums.

All the cars from the Hot Wheels pack exist in running fashion, you can't say the same thing for the VGT's.

All the cars from the Hot Wheels pack exist in running fashion, you can't say the same thing for the VGT's.

Well... They did make full-scale models of some of the Vision GT's, but most of them weren't really mobile.

Until Toyota changes their mind the Supra isn't an option for Forza.

But there are Toyota race cars in the game, so it could be feasible to have those GT3, NASCAR and GT500 variants that were pictured over the last year or so. I personally would be more interested in them anyway along with the Toyota LMP1 hybrids or the GT-One or the older prototypes or their rally cars or their Super GT cars etc....

But there are Toyota race cars in the game, so it could be feasible to have those GT3, NASCAR and GT500 variants that were pictured over the last year or so. I personally would be more interested in them anyway along with the Toyota LMP1 hybrids or the GT-One or the older prototypes or their rally cars or their Super GT cars etc....
To be fair, we have three NASCAR Toyotas from 2017, the year the game launched. And we've got the '93 T100 Baja Truck and the '92 AAR Eagle Mk III, so rally cars and older prototypes are at least present.

I'm grateful we got any Toyotas at all. Of course I would love more. We all would. That's why those "Is Toyota Coming Back To Forza?!" rumor videos are such effective click-bait on YouTube. None of us were privy to the negotiations between T10 and Toyota. And don't forget that T10 is a wholly owned division of Microsoft, so those were really negotiations between Microsoft and Toyota, two of the largest corporations in the world. We will probably never know what went down between them. We can guess that the Toyotas we do have were licensed through third parties thus giving T10 a loophole allowing them in the game. We don't know if there are more loophole Toyotas they could license. It's entirely possible there may be more and T10 is choosing not to license them so as to not piss off Toyota and keep them coming back to the negotiating table. We just don't know.

All we can do is live with what we've got, and hope the decision makers at Toyota comes to their senses and realize not being in the largest and most successful racing games in the world is not a good business decision. But if anyone at Toyota happens to be reading this, just think about this: if this goes on much longer, there will be an entire generation of kids who will be basing their IRL car buying decisions on the the cars they can fall in love with in their favorite racing games. Those kids will be racing Nissans, Hondas, and Mazdas. They won't be racing Toyotas.

To be fair, we have three NASCAR Toyotas from 2017, the year the game launched. And we've got the '93 T100 Baja Truck and the '92 AAR Eagle Mk III, so rally cars and older prototypes are at least present.

I'm grateful we got any Toyotas at all. Of course I would love more. We all would. That's why those "Is Toyota Coming Back To Forza?!" rumor videos are such effective click-bait on YouTube. None of us were privy to the negotiations between T10 and Toyota. And don't forget that T10 is a wholly owned division of Microsoft, so those were really negotiations between Microsoft and Toyota, two of the largest corporations in the world. We will probably never know what went down between them. We can guess that the Toyotas we do have were licensed through third parties thus giving T10 a loophole allowing them in the game. We don't know if there are more loophole Toyotas they could license. It's entirely possible there may be more and T10 is choosing not to license them so as to not piss off Toyota and keep them coming back to the negotiating table. We just don't know.

All we can do is live with what we've got, and hope the decision makers at Toyota comes to their senses and realize not being in the largest and most successful racing games in the world is not a good business decision. But if anyone at Toyota happens to be reading this, just think about this: if this goes on much longer, there will be an entire generation of kids who will be basing their IRL car buying decisions on the the cars they can fall in love with in their favorite racing games. Those kids will be racing Nissans, Hondas, and Mazdas. They won't be racing Toyotas.

I agree, I’m glad we have some Toyotas. I’m not exactly a Toyota fan, drove a lot of Camrys and Corollas as rental cars, I’m always afraid that I will die out of boredom in them (to be fair, same feeling in an Altima or Mazda 3).

Nevertheless, Toyota has some cars that I truly appreciate like the AE86, GT 86, MR-2, Supra (I like this newest one the best), that 20V 1.6l I4 engine co-developed with Yamaha or that S-FR concept car that is in GT Sport. Just like you, I hope that MS and Toyota can work out their differences.

This car pack, in my opinion is beyond disappointing. I guess I expect more from the car packs in this game. The last good one was the one with the 812 Superfast and 720S. You know it’s sad when Horizon has better car packs and cars coming. Especially when this is the track-oriented of the two games in the franchise.

I'm a bit disapointed by the pack, not because the cars are bad, but because they will surely be 'forza specials' a category without homologation.
Running class based races is les fun for me than homologated where all cars are in the same perf window and have the same category.

With all the 'forza special' it would be time to create a new 'super hot rod' category (bone shaker, those one...), and place the cars in their related category when possible.

Problem is that the community has showed T10 they don't want homologation as all multiplayer users are in class based.

Back